/daily/ - Transcendental Punk Rock edition

It's the 15th of October.

Listen to new music, rebuild the pyramids of the southwest, put your hand on a holy bible and screamwank, do cocaine with the clergy, come back to me it's almost easy, don't throw all of your spaghetti at sshx, don't piss off a ghost on top of this, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts!

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>come here for he same thing as plug but with emotes

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>go there for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>come here to get bullied

Our Skype group is looking for professional, classically trained musicians only!

Most importantly, didn't see this in the catalog. Didn't we make an edit of it though?

Previously, on the /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/es/music/もっふーP/ハイカラレコード
youtube.com/watch?v=T-lsd4mhvPA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zh0b2jI0iGg
youtu.be/c-aEZYvyv5k
youtu.be/eJLag-ne4FQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9sE8B_gIY
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_dwarfs_of_east_agouza/bes/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/drexciya/deep_sea_dweller/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/eberhard_weber/yellow_fields/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lamo

comedy gold!

Where did you get this picture of me?

First for Bon Iver is shite

is that you on the left?

Yes.

>Asiko Rock Group - s/t
Sounds a bit like garage funk, which means it's fucking great. The phat ass farty bass lines is what keeps this album together, grooves non stop. The guitar effects are also pretty interesting, imo. 8/10

What next?

Update for the first time in weeks who cares. Jesus I've been through more in the last week than the last 19 years of my life. Feel fucking terrible, thus haven't been here much.

Reply to this post with a PG-13 meme I can send to my Mormon friend

>eating like shit
>drinking nearly every day
>stopped exercising

Who else /downwardspiral/ here?

and do Happy Sad

I'm not drinking much rn (might change once I head off to college this week) but yeah this is kinda me

>PG-13 meme

it's September isn't it

top memes lads keep 'em comin' if God willing

yeah I've noticed you haven't been as active lately fishbro

what's up?

No, it's October.

you know it friendo

byeap, embrace nihilism

I'm Always at a loss when talking about grindcore, which is part of the reason I wanted to do this chart, lets see how we go...

Gridlink - Longhena
So this doesn't hear like a grindcore album, it's like some mutant hybrid of Metalcore and Screamo, it's alright, but it tends to fade into itself a bit, which I find is a commonality with grindcore music... Seeing a band like this live must be a trip on the bucket list it goes
I /liked/ it, at parts it shreds, but there's this one passage where they slow everything down and it felt a little out of place and hammy...
the model on the front is kind of sort of really attractive too

Insect Warfare - World Extermination
More trve than Longhena, and more consistently visceral... Don't have thaaat much to say here, it's pretty good

nice dubs

idk if I should clutter thread-space with more of my irl probz but if you have my snapchat I'd be glad to rant and shit

Was just thinking about how much I love Sing To God while taking a shower. Spooky. Such a ridiculously good fucking record.

>Seeing a band like this live must be a trip on the bucket list it goes
tuco, i...

pissing in a sea of piss shouldnt be a concern

yeh
>been a month since i volunteered at the animal shelter
>rarely study anymore
>developing binge eating disorder
>still a neet because i blew it in my recent job interview

So I listened to Coloring Book based off user's suggestion.

I really dislike all the Future-style of rapping. So fucking annoying, makes me want to slap someone. Fuck that shit.

However, I really liked several tracks on this. The stripped down Blessings and Same Drugs were great. They didn't whore out all the modern hip hop cliches that I cannot stand and provided a pleasant experience. How Great was another good track with some great flow and lyrics. The closer wasn't too shabby either.

Mixed opinions on this.

>Get so anxious about driving that I can't even try and pull out of a driveway without panicking

Music for this feel?

I think Rudi was right (as usual). I should probably stop doing vidya (and movie) OSTs if they keep promising to be 4-9 hour snoozefests that take up far too much disc space.

But goddamn I completely reverse my decision when I find a good movie OST like Tetsuo or a good vidya OST like Mother 3 which still holds surprisingly great quality after like 7 hours.

whatever I feel like venting anyways

long story somewhat shorter: After 19 years of thinking I was a total loser I lost my virginity and a girl (unrelated) who I've had a crush on for years confessed to me both in the span of like two days. She has a boyfriend and I'm moving 1700 miles away in three days. Just last night she told me she wanted to cheat on him with me but I would feel terrible fucking and chucking her and leaving her with another guy she likes less. She was telling me how she was jealous last semester when I took another girl to prom and when I was telling her the story of how I lost my v-card. It fucking blew my mind because at the time I was wasting all those moments feeling so sorry for myself and being anti-social that I blocked a genuine chance for a great relationship. I literally punched myself in the cock that night and cried listening to So Long, Marianne.

Like I said, I feel like a shitter for talking about how much SICC PUSS I'm (not) getting but the point wasn't really about that. It's more so about how I'm feeling about the situation, which is that I've had about four hours of sleep in 50+ hours and I feel terrible. I've already ranted to givingbear about this (god bless that man) but I just have no idea what to do. The most fucked part is that I've pretty much had no second thoughts about moving so far away from home because I hate this area of the country, but this one girl has had me seriously considering giving up on it, even if it fucks up my future royally.

I wish I were just lonely again. And I guess I'll get that regardless.

just find some good driving music.
American beauty by Grateful Dead is one of the few things which can calm me out when I am driving. So is At Fillmore East by Allman Brothers Band. Just go with something mellow, uptempo and with a sound you particularly like and you'll be fine

Holy hell...

that sucks I guess?

Here's another PG 13 meme if that helps.

If she's willing to cheat with you, she's willing to cheat on you. You dodged a bullet.

Here's a meme you can show to small children.

>It's the 15th of October.
Crap, we finally reached the present!

>bad blur impression with carnival music copy & paste
>trascendental

>You dodged a bullet.
unless he's not monogamous like a real patrician

>willing to cheat
start packing, no matter how "great" of a girl she seems to be that's the red flag above all other red flags. Tell your cock youre sorry cause it got you out of some shit.

Yes, monogamy is very patrician, I agree.

>I intentionally misinterpreted what's being said in order to agree with the opposite of what's being implied, this is a good meme and I am a funny guy

>That Adam's apple

How hung is Keiji?

Yeah, I agree. sdc makes good memes and is a funny guy.

Thanks

And I suppose you're right. I would have a very hard time taking a relationship based on cheating seriously. It's just gonna be hard getting over her considering how long I've had a thing for her not knowing it was mutual.

I'm done shitting up the thread now sorry lads.

How's music, then?

Maybe if you communicated intelligibly this wouldn't happen. Here's how an intelligent person would have phrased that: "unless he's polygamous, like a real patrician". Of course an intelligent person wouldn't propose that polygamy is patrician or use the term patrician to begin with, but that's besides the point.

I think "angry anger" would work better, personally.

But angry anger's this blue one.

Do you even listen to music any more?

u knew what i was trying to get across who gives a fuck how i said it

>anymore

>who gives a fuck how i said it
I do.

i remember a time when sdc wasn't a big grump

Only real 90s kids remember this.

well YOU sir are FUCKING gay

What of it?

Good night /daily/!

Good night bourgeois pseudo-music man!

Really makes me think.

makes me think about how good it is
fuck i should listen to it again

STILL NEED RECS FROM NYARL AND TUCO

*Nyarl and Ruggles

I work pizza delivery.

I only spit in people's pizzas if they didn't tip me last time.

Also, when you do cunty things like giving me a $20 on a $19.47 order and then tell me to "keep the change", you're getting spit.

Thanks

Ok. Check my digits.

wait, what m8, check the previous thread

Instead of spitting on the pizzas of people who might not have a lot of money themselves, ask your boss for a better wage. If he refuses, spit in his face and start a proletarian revolution.

i corrected myself m8. sry.

It just has to be something I haven't heard, correct?

Not even the artist

nothing you've heard, and nothing from artist i've heard or are on my wishlist.

Ok hold on. I have no idea what to pick so I'm gonna go lurk around til I find some cover art I like

Does
Grim- Maha
Fit the criteria? I've had the album art saved for ages cos it's cool but I don't know anything about it apart from what I learned googling it just now

nope. i listened to folk songs a while back.

Just use this

Trans, igot you something good Senpai
last.fm/es/music/もっふーP/ハイカラレコード

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree (2016)
>singer/songwriter, art rock

I'm not a fan of Nick Cave's music really at all, but I've always really respected and admired him as a public figure, he's always had such an aura of coolness and mystique around him, and I think that's exaggerated with how many of his songs follow narratives and are written about characters, and how bombastic his vocals generally are. In subduing his vocals and making his lyrics much more personal, following the death of his son last year, this album becomes almost uncomfortably sad. When a larger-than-life figure such as Cave nearly breaks down in a song like "I Need You", it's just profoundly saddening on a deeper level than hearing an emotional track from another artist generally known for their emotion, this is something that Cave has never really done on an album before. From a more critical standpoint, The bombast of Cave's music is something I've never really liked, and in stripping his sound down, replacing blues and punk elements with a lot of subdued ambient and drone, he puts out my favorite album of his without a fucking doubt. A lot of influence is taken from Cave's film collaborations with Dirty Three's Warren Ellis, as well as Dirty Three itself, as songs mostly meander and focus more on soundscaping than on straight-up melodies, and there are only clean tenor and baritone guitars to be found. Not perfect, there are a few things that irk me here, like the "whoa whoa whoa" background vocals on "Rings of Saturn", not to mention that "Mangneto" and "Anthrocene" aren't as great as songs like "Jesus Alone" and the title track, but as a whole, this is the most cohesive and emotional work I've heard from the Bad Seeds so far.

3.0+

also i re-did this in topsters 2 because i actually like topsters 2 way more than topsters

NEW THREAD

Nice review.

Bad opinion.

some small one nearby
here's the lineup

ah yeah mikgazer
the first two tracks on that were pretty good but even those couldnt transcend being mere shoegaze
im looking at the tracklist and what is it with "-P", theres 5 diff guys with that inna name
those and pic related, one of the best melodic metal albums i've heard ever btw

+++Listenalong, wohoo+++
The Avalanches - Electricity
>Plunderphonics, Downbeat, you all know this band
>EP, 14 minutes long

Free to listen here: youtube.com/watch?v=T-lsd4mhvPA

I try to post again on Saturday/Sunday

How do I buy condoms at a pharmacy? What do I say? What if the pharmacist is a girl?

>Mac - World War III

This might actually be the best album released by No Limit. Even though Beats By The Pound, NL's primary producing group was gone, these beats are some of the best I've heard from them. And even though the label was on its way out, this is one of the more cohesive albums they ever came out with. There's only about three songs I'd want cut out, which is really surprising for a 70 minute album.

Mac is a pretty solid MC, even though he isn't the most original. He doesn't sound like a Pac ripoff like most NL rappers but he still manages to carry songs with a gruff flow and a whole lot of emotion. The middle stretch from "Battle Cry" to "That's Hip Hop" is maybe my favorite stretch in a No Limit album, it's so funky and catchy.

>Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer

Once again, MA proves that he's the master of loose concept albums. This basically focuses on a summer in Brooklyn and his nationwide tour with gangster Fats Belvedere. Fats uses the tour as a front to run some illegal activities, while MA promotes his new album. The skits on here are pretty short but entertaining, so it helps the album flow pretty well from front to back.

The production on this is so good, super soulful and uplifting. MA is a solid MC but my biggest issue with this release is the guest features. Most of them are fairly average/boring so it brings this down a bit.

Not quite as good as Disposable Arts but still a great listen.

"Hey, can I buy condoms please? I'm gay, so I need them very much"

I'm not gay...

Heh, good joke

First for givingbear sucks weiners

why does sshx like that FAGGOT

I heard they hung out. Fill me in?

They made gay sex with each other

Still rocky, sorry

GB told me over the phone they hung out and that apparently she goes to school near me but didn't tell me how to contact her cuz he sucks weiners so here I am

That'd be hard for them to do I think

What's your source on this anyway, does sshx even post anymore ever

[spooker]are there photos[/dooker]

Why ya'll bullying GB? He's like the nicest person on the internet

good opinion
boo

Where do you find all these amazing, terrible-cover rap tapes?

I'll copy the post, thanks. Enjoy the gothic pogo party

I bully GB because of the fact that we've, weirdly, known each other for almost two years now.

Also because he sucks weiners and dropped a bomb on me then left me to figure stuff out

Perfect, thank

pretend you're just getting them for your mom
oh rip

hope you don't mind me changing the cover for the tower recordings, looks a lot nicer imo

Seriously tho y'all catch me up

booooooooooooooooo

They're pretty much exclusively tapes from the No Limit/Cash Money labels. Most tapes from the South in that era had that ridiculously over-the-top graphic design style, run by a company called Pen & Pixel. Fader/Noisey have even run articles on it and established a full database. Pretty much where Lil Ugly Mane (probably other guys too) got his style.

Pic related is my personal favorite, though it's a pretty terrible album.

:(

are you a nigger or something?

don't know how the hell i missed that honestly

god do i love pen & pixel

Anyone else listen to 3 minutes of some albums and then rate it on rym? I can usually tell by the first few minutes what it will be like and whether or not I'll like it

That's actually really interesting

And holy shit, that's a snoop dogg album

This is wonderful

>jad fair - the zombies of mora-tau

thanks to flyingicewizard for this rec, it's kinda like if daniel johnston was into no wave and also influenced by beefheart

lol happens

Agreed, I think it's an interesting part of hip-hop history. I've actually been on the hunt for better articles about Pen & Pixel cause it's so interesting

Also, yeah... I don't think most people know that Snoop was a "southern" rapper for a bit. After Doggystyle/Doggfather, he joined No Limit for a few years. Lead to some mixed results (pic related is his second best album) but it's one of the more interesting moves made by a rapper imo.

Has seeing any song live broken you?

When I saw Julia Holter live this March, I wasn't ready for how powerful Lucette Stranded On The Island is. It didn't help that Julia herself seemed straining to deliver the vocals, like she was going to break down herself. She took a few moments to collect herself after the performance, and I downed a double of Jack.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh0b2jI0iGg

I'll try to post it in the weekend :)

I cried when I saw Josh T Pearson open his set with Thou Art Loosed. It's a song that's always helped me whenever I felt down just because the sadness and defeated tone in his voice feels so universal. A lot of the comments agree too, almost everyone mentions crying to it

youtu.be/c-aEZYvyv5k

anyone renember mortal kombat

The themesong for the movies was my favorite growing up
Used to think it so hard core (on top of that, mortal kombat and specifically Goro seemed terrifying whenever I would see teenagers play as a kid)

That was great. I need to listen to his solo stuff properly soon.

Drop some acid

Well, as much as I love the guy, the solo stuff is admittedly not as charming or engaging as some might desire it to be. Even I don't understand it completely because my heart has never been broken completely by another. But Thou Art Loosed is a masterpiece of his, definitely. I could listen to this track on a rainy night until the sun came up.

I called a suit store asking them if I could return a suit and they told me no it's been past thirty days. Girl on the phone bought it was October.

Everyone is retarded except me.

Or am I stuck in the past?...

Why is everyone in this thread using names

Why would want to return what I assume was a dank suit?

tripfag circlejerk

I love those old Simpsons pictures

a lot of you guys are actually bullies

Ah, I'll give him a listen anyway, really liking this.

Givingbear, Mimrelund, and Fish are the nicest people on the website though

There's a few other nice trips but nobody cares about them

Sorry
fav albums when
Include angel olsen, haven't heard her

sorry...

but like said bear, mimrelund, and fish are super fucking nice. a lot of ppl here are, honestly.

truu

>fav albums when
>Include angel olsen, haven't heard her
meant for how about
ernst karel- swiss mountain transport systems
i'll be listening to it soon for my drone thing

>The Alkaholiks - 21 & Over

Honestly, I found this release to be a bit underwhelming. Interestingly enough, this one has a bit of an east coast vibe despite being from an LA based group. King Tee and The Lootpack have some interesting features, there's solid beats and the songs are fun. This just didn't feel like anything too special. I like "Likwit", "Only When I'm Drunk" and "Soda Pop" and a lot of the concepts, this just felt meh to me.

For something with a fun, lighthearted vibe, I'd much rather listen to The Pharcyde or something.

Only a few albums before I move onto a new chart... any suggestions? I was planning on potentially leaving Prince for last.

gimme your lunch money

Idk if I would consider angel olsen as a top favorite lol
Maybe drone the others first before you get to me?
Tbh I've fallen into a musical spell. I'm just stuck on past favorites and have become content with it. It's got me a little worried...

But first, the jambinae vinyl

Thanks guys

Maybe, but /daily/ is still generally nicer than the rest of the board

The Langley Schools Music Project - Innocence & Despair (2001)
>choral, pop, children's music

Nothing is more unpretentious than music performed by children, and there are definitely moments of beauty here, but there are a lot of factors that hurt my enjoyment. The recording quality is terrible, the vocals, the main draw of this record, are often drowned out by the instrumentation, which is generally pretty shoddy. The guitar playing is kinda sloppy, the piano is out-of-tune, the percussion hits are downright scary they're so loud, but at least what's buried underneath this is absolutely beautiful. Like the title says, there's obviously a massive sense of innocence in the singing voices of children, and even when the song choice itself is pretty shoddy, the voices do prevail through. The highlight here is the performance of the Eagles "Desperado". The song as performed by the Eagles is schmaltzy as fuck, but it's so gorgeous and unpretentious sung by the voice of a little girl. Really poorly recorded, with bad instrumentation and some poor song choices, but some of this is damn beautiful.

2.5+

Armchair Martian - Monsters Always Scream (2001)
>punk rock

For some odd reason, there's a 30-minute long field recording track to close out this album. Sometimes the addition of field recordings to a conventional album is a nice touch, but when it takes up half the album's running time and is just straight-up boring to listen to, it's one of the most baffling mistakes you can make while sequencing an album. The punk that makes up the first half of the album is okay, but very middle of the road. Kind of like a mixture between pop-era Meat Puppets and early Green Day, it's okay, but just really unremarkable. The punk alone would worth a 2.0 or so, but the pointless addition of the field recordings brings the score down a lot.

0.5+

>Maybe drone the others first before you get to me?
but muh chart

do you maybe have like an old chart for chart thread posting? I just really wanna hear some stuff that you know about that other people don't

also I forgot to text you back but tomorrow afternoon is cool, how about like 2? we could find a new record store and force them to sell even oxen tapes

T
B
H

>Tfw sex is a normal thing for most people
>Even ugly, fat, poor people have sex
>Your ugly and unfunny coworker has sex with his boring ugly gf almost everyday
>That broken guy working at the factory fucks his wife once a week
>Everywhere, people have sex like it's a normal thing
>For you it feels like it's almost unreal and not going to happen even once in your life

JUST END IT PLEASE
WHY AM I MISERABLE

jesus

are we /r9k/ now

added

just lower your standards m8

No fire goes out when you add fuel to it, user, it just grows bigger.

Fill the void you have with the things that are totally obtainable. Spend time with the people you love and love you. Go out and fulfill your dreams. Sometime, maybe not soon, but eventually you'll find someone looking for the same things as you, someone who'll complete you and not just be an ends to a mean (or vice versa, I forget how that goes exactly)

t. little gai boi

I don't know any cool music man. I only even heard about jambinae through you. This bear has just been good at making it look like I have taste :^)

It'll have to be later in the afternoon btw but I'll text you as it gets closer

>I don't know any cool music man

>

I will find a chart of yours somehow you cant stop me
I need to hear robbie basho still so there's that

you have work again? if they send you all over creation, we can just wait til you have a day off, could be easier tea bee atich

Oh did I not tell you? I literally have no days off. I work my main collecting route during the work week and cashier during the weekend. The only times I have off are in the afternoons/evenings.

But I lucked out because I'm able to listen to music/ read infinite jest all day at either one

Not been keeping up writing reviews here, but I can't sleep so may as well get back to it.

>Felt - Forever Breathes the Lonely Word
Lovely pop. The guitar interplay, bass, drums and Tom Verlaine influenced vocals make for a great jangle pop record anyway but add the organ on top and it's brilliant. I'm not sure how to even describe the organ performance, it could very easily be cheesy being so prominent but it works fantastically. I can't recommend this enough to anyone that enjoys that C86 jangle pop sound. 4.5/5

>Scrotum Poles - Auchmithie Forever
Nice jangly lo-fi DIY pop. A bit like Television Personalities but it verges on being too lo-fi in parts, there's sometimes a weird pulsating effect going between channels. I'm a sucker for jangle and lo-fi so I love this and it's also a band from Dundee so my typical Scottish bias is probably at play here but it's definitely worth a listen. Pick The Cats Eyes Out is the pick of the bunch. 4/5

>Delta 5 - Singles and Sessions 1979-81
Pretty decent but some of the grooves are a bit too disco for my liking and they don't quite match Gang of Four's choppy guitar style. 3.5/5

>I need to hear robbie basho still so there's that
oh man you should fix that

>tfw you accidentally drank Pepsi before bed
I seriously forgot that caffeine keeps you up before I got halfway done with it lel
Miserable Friday here I come

Btw is your favorite Basho release Visions of the Country?

>I literally have no days off
oh my god why
well your new job pay good at least? hopefully you can quit gas station soon and spend more time in class or memeing

but jobs you can listen to music at? bueno. i'm having a crisis since my phone's headphone port is wearing out and I can barely even get it to work

also
>tfw remembered your last.fm
>tfw gonna drone your most listened to albums and you can't stop me
who else /mischief/ here?

i think it's impressive that the woman who sings harmony with elliott smith on "st. ides heaven" sounds so much like him that until literally right now i thought it was just his vocals double-tracked

>I seriously forgot that caffeine keeps you up
is it an issue that i literally get no buzz from caffeine? i just drank a cup of coffee and i'm ready to fucking go to bed.

NO STOP IT I SWEAR SOMEONE ELSE SCROBBLED ONE DIRECTION
(but seriously, last.fm is a bad idea to go by! A lot of my favorite albums aren't on spotify and that's how I scrobble)

Nah, I like my schedule this way. I still get time to exercise and spend time with my family and /daily/ so I'm happy while I save up for classes in the spring.

>tfw not gay but can't stop thinking about sweaty uncut cocks

>NO STOP IT I SWEAR SOMEONE ELSE SCROBBLED ONE DIRECTION
kek
dude I just looked up Yaves, is this christian trap? genius

>Nah, I like my schedule this way. I still get time to exercise and spend time with my family and /daily/ so I'm happy while I save up for classes in the spring.
that's awesome bear, i'm very happy for you!

knock knock

hey its me freud

I did the same but with tea, rookie mistake.

And yeah, I've still only listened to Visions of the Country and The Voice of the Eagle from Basho but I've listened to it a load of times since first hearing it a couple months ago. It's definitely one of my new favourites.

I had the same thoughts but for Mac Demarco in 2's The Stars Keep On Calling My Name (turns out it actually was him so this post has nothing to do with yours actually)

youtu.be/eJLag-ne4FQ

I usually associate Freud as the guy with repressed feelings for wanting to sleep with his mother

YAVES GOES SO HARD ON PURGE

well at least you reminded me that i actually dig 2 quite a bit

freud made up loads of shit

Somewhere in that pile of shit is if in your infancy you decide to not kill your father you accept him or something, and if you love him, you're gay

Or something like that

so there's Earth 2 why there no Earth 3 or 4

soul junk sounds like early modest mouse. try skipping around through this, see if you like it:
youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9sE8B_gIY

Ye that track always reminds me of how much I love the dude (2 in general is a beautiful album, one that comes off as whole heartedly sincere in it's reflections of Mac's life through simple but catchy melodies and I'm glad you appreciate it too)

you're living on it

Haha dude, I had no idea modest mouse ever did stuff like this
Just when I think I can't get any more respect for him

Hampus said that Freudian ideas were being pushed out of his college and other places. Looks like you're not the only one who thought it to be time for a revision

DOOOO YOUUU REALIIIIIZEEEE WOOOOAAAOHHHHH

I'm aware that this song literally pulls out every fuckign stop to be cheesy but i cannot help but love it

THAAAAT YOOOOOUUU
HAAAAAAAAAAAVE
THEEEEEEE MOOOOOSSSSTTTT
BEAUTIFULLLLLLL FACCEEEEEEE

Pretty sure I said that, about the old professor who was like the only freudian I knew or something

But maybe hampus too

It's a good song desu

I didn't consider how much doing a post-punk chart would mess my autorecs up.

Can I get some nice recs to try and fix it, doesn't matter what genre, just preferably good music!

Mac's great, I can still put on 2 whenever and enjoy it.

Co confirmed as hampus (and me confirmed as suffering alzheimers)

I'm not a huge fan, but the dudes a phenomenal guitar player and he's got a knack for songwriting.

my other chart is almost done, so here's a SMASHING NEW DEBUT CHART
10/10 CHART HUH??!!

bear I put on angel olsen anyway cos she appeared on your last..fm and i'm curious and you talked about her and I think I heard her in plug once and liked it SO THERE

interrupting my current listening now to hear that and sing along
Those bells are so good

oh man hope you're in a hip hop mood with mine

Hmm bootleg givingbear seems like a cool dude actually
Would see an angel olsen concert with/10

oh man hope you're in a bad music mood with mine
you're going to love one of the albums you hear from my row and hate the rest. calling it now.
also benji's row is fukkin lit.

Ye watch out, Phillips spits holy fire

I've always wanted to hear a hip hop track that samples him, honestly.

I loved how chill and incredibly sexy sade's album was. plus I got to find out the source of the sample on MF DOOM's 'doomsaday'. I kneeeeeew you were the one for meee

i'm pretty hype for it duder

that's a good score

>you're going to love one of the albums you hear from my row and hate the rest. calling it now.
I listened to a few bits of almsot everything to make sure I wasn't gonna flat out hate it. I have high hopes for john wayne death scene & twilight. hell driver will be my first full gerogerigege listen since Night (oh no wait I quit partway thorugh lol) but I think i'll like that too.

hot damn

>but I think i'll like that too.
you're not supposed to like it. i know that's the most asshole hipster thing to say about anything, but it's true. the album was designed to make you feel as shitty and worn down as juntaro did.
twilight's a good comfy counterbalance though.

that sounds enjoyable
sometimes I feel worn down and I want that, is nice reveling in it

now it's 10/10

got a good feeling trick will be among your favs there

thanks, I was annoyed that topsters wouldnt give me that cover

so sleepy

>Lil Flip - Undaground Legend

Pretty typical Houston hip-hop but I have a huge bias and love most of the stuff that comes out of the region. Smooth, funky beats (super generic in this case but it works), catchy choruses and decent lyrics. Lil Flip himself isn't the best rapper out there but he ain't too shabby. I guess he got fame by becoming one of the young SUC freestylers but I haven't heard any of that. Nor do I want to... he doesn't seem like a good enough lyricist to carry something like that. Features like Chamillionare, David Banner and Juvenile are great additions to the listen. Some of the more sentimental stuff "I Shoulda Listened", "Mama Proud" is nice in concept but comes off as corny over some of these beats.

Anyway, this is pretty enjoyable but not really anything special. Catchy and I'll probably return to it, but it's pretty typical for Houston.

Before you go to sleep, where should I start with King Krule. I only have heard his feature/hook on Ratking's So It Goes. Should I start with his Six Feet Beneath The Moon album or I was even thinking of starting with his newest project from last year, that A New Place To Drown album, but I heard overall negative things about it.

Start with Zoo Kid EP , then King Krule EP (both can be heard in under half an hour). Then if you like the guitar more, go for 6 feet, if,you want more hip hop, listen to New Place to Drown, and Edgar the Beatmaker

I should do a flowchart...

>I heard overall negative things about it
Those are stupid people

I'd say start with Six Feet Beneath The Moon but I think Nyar might say start with the self titled EP and it's only a bit over 10 mins so may as well start there. I definitely would not advise starting with A New Place To Drown, it has a decent atmosphere but it's nowhere near as good.

Alright, I really appreciate it and I'll definitely keep both of those thoughts in mind. And yeah, Nyar, that would be pretty cool if you did if you did a flowchart for him because I would definitely save/use it.

Also

>>I heard overall negative things about it
>Those are stupid people

>I definitely would not advise starting with A New Place To Drown, it has a decent atmosphere but it's nowhere near as good

kek

well

I think what nyar said is probably the better advice, if you like the hip hop influence a lot you'll like A New Place 2 Drown a lot. Just the punk influence was the more interesting thing to me on his first LP.

And I'm not just saying that because he said i was stupid :(((

You're not stupid darklands you're great and I'm glad you're around

haha ur stoopid

wow thanks pal, you're cool too.

no bullying please

I'm personally more interested in hip-hop as a whole, but I'm still highly interested in hearing what else he has in his discography.

And you're not stupid, Darklands, I was only joking :'( Please accept my apology in the form of a picture I found on Craigslist.

I'm not entirely sure what that pic is meant to be but it is an acceptable apology.

Yay!

And I think it's supposed to be some shitty Miley Cyrus wrecking ball joke, but I found it on some really weird men seeking women personal ad on Craigslist without any fucking context after my friend pointed out that it's a fucking comedy goldmine on there.

do Lurker of Challice already

>aced exam
>going to a summerhouse drinking for the weekend
FINALLY good feels all around

just steal them

only me desu

Sounds good my friend :)

fuck cardiacs
i hate that fucking shitty wacky poop band

oi mate can you post your into SCG guide?

>Konk - The Sound Of Konk
The disco influence on this dance punk album is a little bit overdone and makes this too repetitious at times. When it hits, it hits hard though. The bonus tracks at the end didn't really fit the rest of the album.

you got it

At least we're not LAME NERDS like you lmao.

lol

/daily/ reminder that this is still a good pop album.

I know you were trying to le epic troll, but it's a true fact that you can tell with 99% certainty whether or not you'll like an album after about 3 minutes. At most you have to skip through every track a little bit, but you can easily gauge the quality of an entire album in less than five minutes. People who claim you need to listen all the way through from start to stop are annoying rockists.

Here's the thing. Freud had a lot of ideas. Most of them were complete and utter bullshit and lots of his own research to support those ideas are fabricated. The same is true for most early psychology, and it wasn't really until the behaviourists that scientific rigour was valued (although somewhat misguided, perhaps) in psychological research. There are still universities with psychoanalytical or more commonly psychodynamic approaches (Uppsala University in Sweden is one example), but they're generally seen as outdated and not as prestigeous as those that focus on cognitive behaviour ideas. In Sweden, all universities have to teach a certain set of things for you to get your psychologist exam, but it can always be spiced up with certain biases. My university is strongly biased by sociocognitive and emotion research, because that's what the professors are studying here mostly, and our master's programme is in social emotion.

That said, Freud had some good ideas as well, such as the whole concept of therapy. It works, but today we have better explanations than "you experienced a trauma in your anal stage of development". There's also a bigger acceptance to the fact that sometimes we simply don't know why some disorders occur. Usually we try to explain it through social background, but it doesn't always work and we lean to biological reasons instead (which I like the most anyway).

We're still taught psychodynamic perspectives, because there's an overarching risk that we'll be working with other people who are schooled that way, and if we can't communicate properly with them we're not going to be very good psychologists. However, every time it's brought up, we always see the massive amounts of critique the perspective has received.

This is literally the worst /daily/ thread I've seen.

Scored 92% on my last exam, however that was only on the autocorrected part; there's also a written part that stands for 28% of the final score which I know I missed out on some stuff on, probably because I had a shitacular fever while writing it. Unless I score about 90% on that as well, which I know I won't due to that error, I won't get an A. I really wanted an A as well, because I love biological psychology.

This is good. First song had some super funky melodies in some neat scale I don't recognize.

Can't you retake for a higher mark? Our system is weird and only people who fail get an extra chance which seems stupid to me so I've asked professors personally to retake some stuff I knew I could get a lot higher in without doing a lot of extra work and they always said yes. There does have to be a retake already obviously.
Better now btw? If not, get well soon.

We can only retake it if we fail, but I'm sure if I asked I could do it anyway. However, this exam is only 50% of final grade, we have to do an essay/case study as well so as long as I score a strong A on that I should be fine. I'm better on exams than essays, though.

Fever is down a bit, but still not very well.

Also started renovating my hallway; tore down all the wallpaper and put up a bunch of wall filler. Now I just need to sand it down and paint over.

>some neat scale I don't recognize.
that probably means it's a shitty fake scale they made up to sound avant-cool.

All scales are made up scales. It probably means it uses some unusual interval that isn't usually found in most common scales.

Yes but the good ones were made up by old fogeys and maths, which means they're important. Neo-avant-cool people try too hard and end up with unpolished poop.

I have a confession to make. I sometimes go on my gf's mother's facebook page to see all the crazy conspiracytard stuff she posts.

And actually I think it might be some quarter tone intervals. It's McLaughlin after all.

Tbh even the oldey traditional mathematical scales aren't really because of temperament.

What should I listen to today

op album

I thought Cardiacs was a meme

>I lucked out because I'm able to listen to music/ read infinite jest all day
Hey you're reading IJ too? At which page are you? It's been a year and a half since I started and I just reached the middle of the book :^)

Just out of curiosity, did you studied/study psychology?

nah

>Just out of curiosity, did you studied/study psychology?
Yeah, I study psychology.

1. what the fuck is wrong with that person's forehead
2. here you go, might update it soon, having heard more stuff

you should add this one to the side projects rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_dwarfs_of_east_agouza/bes/

I didn't even know that this existed

John Cale - Fear
Yo these are fuckin good songs man
Feel like this will be one of those albums like Ziggy Stardust, in which case I need a good month or so of regular listening to truly fall in love with it to have a decent opinion, give me time man

Richard Youngs - Sapphie
I really wanted to like this one, it sounds pretty, but there is no way that it needs to be longer than say 20 minutes, 9 minute songs, unless significantly varied or in a certain context (see NMH Oh Comely), wear you out man, it's literally just him plucking away to a couple of chords and singing in a dulcet tone, it's not enough mang...

also what next?

Moanin'

John Coltrane - Coltrane Plays the Blues (October 24, 1960)

This nod back to his roots shows a rather lacklustre performance from Coltrane and company. The ‘blues’ connection is much more technical and precise than the raw emotive qualities the blues embody to me. The tracks feel very one-dimensional and fail to convey ingenuity and emotion, Coltrane’s two best qualities.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with this album. No glaring issues or faults on the parts of the musicians, and most of the time it’s relatively pleasant. However, it gets tiring and boring very fast, and the long tracks are about as exciting as if he was blowing the same note for 7 minutes in varying intensity and speed.

This album is a one-trick pony, which makes it hard to digest in one sitting. McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones fill their roles quite well, but they are certainly less than the sum of their parts on this set. Fans of Coltrane or bop may find something palatable here, but it fails to excite or stimulate me.

5.5 /10

(I'm going to class immediately now, nobody talk to me)

At least you can listen to your favourite album for the first time every day ;^)

I often write and post my reviews before the album is fully over. My opinion seldom ever changes.

Yo Fear is sick, best post-VU solo album imo.
Would love to see Mingus or White Noise.

>I often write and post my reviews before the album is fully over
opinion FOREVER discarded

>(spoons rattling)
kek

sad to see neither one of their first two records made it to essentials

they are important, but I wouldn't say that they are the essential albums
am going to do this thing again, not this weekend but maybe the next, will go digging for real /obscure/ tapes and VHS stuff as well

reminder that hampus has to ban evade every time he posts on Cred Forums, which is against the rules

don't reply to him, just report

>Death Grips
>Nothing
>Nicolas Jaar
>Le Guess Who?
next couple of months are gonna be fun lads

amazing track, seeing her live in a church did raise some neckhairs for me

Thanks for the tip. Look at this picture I have.

hahahahaha
his name is Hampus Gronvall

yes they're influental and acclaimed

HAMP CHIMES IN
truu

This is correct.

quit whining and get a hooker you nerd

I heard someone use the term vapor hop recently.
I assume it represents the space between trip hop, hip hop instrumentals, and vaporwave.

But what artists / albums could actually be classed as vapor hop?

White Noise - An Electric Storm
This is a fucking corker
At first I was a little apprehensive but then it really picked up in a big way, can really get behind this one, I see a heap of the music I like in this, Boredoms, Faust, Flaming Lips
Will probably need more time with it, it's 10/10 material

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messangers - Moanin'
It's good
still don't feel comfortable talking about jozz that isn't fusion because It's so radically different from my pallate, I have absolutely no experience with jazz musicianship and as such have little to grasp onto first listen that isn't timbre or rhythm

gosh darn

>tfw your IQ is too high to enjoy post-Baroque music

>tfw your IQ is too high to enjoy pre-hip hop music

If you can't enjoy an entire style of music your IQ is too low

If you enjoy music your IQ is too low.

>A dumb cunt
>Making comments on the intelligence of others

wew legény

Yes, that's me.

>tfw your IQ is too high to enjoy black people talking

1. I decided to use dumb slav girls as reaction pics so idk wtf is wrong with her, but probably everything
2. thanks!

mclaughlin to the bank

>dumb slav girls

redundant

pls don't those pics hurt my soul

give some dank folk music desu

picks up where yeezus left off pretty much

not something i can seem y self returning to 4 lot but i can dig some
ur rong tho. anyone else heard it yet?

these women look like they crawled straight outta the uncanny valley

lol shit opinion
will roast it when I can muster up the effort

Meshuggah - Nothing
Hot garbage man, this eats dude, what the fuck were they thinking guy, you gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere man, this is where i draw the fucken line man, fuck dude

Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters
it's better than I expected, The shoegazy elements felt less forced than say, sunbather, and when it wants to this album rips...

Taake - Naatenstid ser portens vid
Quite ok
whadya want

Almost 6 hours in on a 16 hour trip. Tbh I don't give a shit about listening to it in one row but it was easy to put on while doing stuff in apartment and playing games.

Been away but I'm excited to continue listening to some bleeps.

listen to plastikman

I'm actually doing a history trip through bleeps but sure, I'll listen to something else. Any releases in particular you recommend?

Consumed is his most popular work, but also From My Mind To Yours has some interesting tracks

oh my why didn't you like good ole 'shuggah? Was it the sound palette? The complex songwriting? The grunting vocals?

The different versions of Move Your Body are pretty interesting, even if the Dub one was a bit unnecessary.

Look I get that it is "complex", SOME of the tonality hit me, but chugging away in ones and zeros (I play guitar can you tell) is not appealing to me, skronk after skronk after skronk

so uncanny

Yessss finally someone who adequately appreciates the electronic pop genius of white noise

Delia Derbyshire was a cool lady who made cool music

Thats a lot of monk

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/drexciya/deep_sea_dweller/
I'm not a huge fan, but it's a cool release to hear. Early acid, categorically electro, with a fun sea lab-type theme.

Yes, of course

Pic is really really cool btw. Thanks for the rec, shame. Still taking notes--review coming later

hoho

I can see that the djent scheme is not for everybody but they basically invented the language. Plus I have to say that Nothing is arguably the best place to start since they were already deep into experimenting with those particular patterns (and they re-recorded it with 7 strings guitars to make it lower). But really try to see how they evolved from the thrash-death ideology to something more progressive and new. Destroy Erase Improve would be perfect for this.
Or you are free to pan them who cares if you have shit taste in metal lol

toys in japan is my favorite music artist

ok I'm sort of back

Blind Willie without further ado

>E-40: In A Major Way

Honestly, I hated this on first listen but it grew on me a bit. E-40 has such a weird fucking style, he sounds like a muppet sometimes and it gets a bit grating over this lengthy of an album. I always liked him on features but he always sounds so out of place.

After a second chance, I found this to be a pretty fun listen. There's classic g-funk beats with hints of mobb music. A couple of tracks on here are just bizarrely entertaining, like "Sideways" and "H.I double L"

Though this is influential, the quality of songs is pretty all over the place which kind of holds it back. There's not really any awful songs but at the same time, there aren't too many standouts either. The standouts are pretty entertaining though.

I can see this growing on me a bit more over time but for now, it's solidly average in my book.

Can You Feel It is one of the best things I've heard in House music. Not that I've heard much, but still.

they evolved from shit to shit
reddit would suit you more than mu, sorry

I've just noticed this okhand is not properly done. Sorry posting such filth.

don't try me on metal, fucker. Meshuggah are one of the most consistent bands of the whole genre of the last 20 years. I agree that djent is shit tho.

but this is reddit

I agree though, they are very consistent
:^)

>Dre Dog/Andre Nickatana - I Hate You With A Passion

I only knew Andre/Dre Dog from "Ay Yo For Yayo", so I was super surprised by this one. He's a really good MC, with a gruff flow and a lot of anger all throughout.

The production is mostly g-funk influenced but with a lot darker vibe. I think this excels in a lot of ways that most hardcore west coast stuff didn't. The beats are dark and minimalist rather than the dense, hectic Bomb Squad ones (which I'm not super fond of). It gives Dre a lot of room to show off his lyrics, though some of these are songs are fairly catchy.

Great album overall.

anaal nathrakh, pathology, or pentemple o)))?

Sondre Lerche.

>blind willie johnson - the complete blind willie johnson
it's the blues but it's the blues at its most raw and emotional and off-putting. this dude has the most harrowing and penetrating voice. he growls and vocalizes and you gain a newfound appreciation for Jesus and his oddly haunting aesthetic. 4.0+/5

pentemple is weak

This was pretty enjoyable. I'll definitely hear more shit from this scene despite having a few qualms with it.

Moving on to Detroit next.

dope. Can't wait to get panned!! :D

just anal.

which one next fishboy

Minor Threat would be cool but I'm just as interested to hear thoughts about Pure Guava. Both are pretty hit-or-miss anyways, but if you like punk you'll probably dig Minor Threat but who knows.

I listened to tub ring yesterday.
I liked it, first track was pretty bad so everything after that felt better, at least and it prepared me for some fuckery later. In the beginning i thought it would be all cheeky but it turned out to be kinda like a more thought out dog fashion disco thing, with surf and ballads and stuff mixed in. Which is still cheeky but not residents cheeky
I think some of the more unpredictable parts when it comes to melody couldve been the selling point to you but i didn't really feel them. I liked the simpler catchy stuff like in one with my surroundings or return to me
ill probably return to it sometime soon

not typically a punk fan but maybe this will turn me

>I think some of the more unpredictable parts when it comes to melody couldve been the selling point to you
actually found them hit/miss on that album, but i'm a fan of this stuff just on principle, whether something will grow on you has everything to do with expectation
actually didnt like dog fashion disco

kissukissu next :*

>everyone in school group chat is talking about the program party tonight
>one asian guy is asking about report due on Monday

Will do Africa/Brass tonight! (lol every time I say something like this I don't do it)

(it won't)

I believe in you
(Gib rec bls, I need something new to listen to at work tonight)

I'm about at the same spot, but I plan on finishing before the year ends. I love it dude, I almost wish it was longer because the idea of finishing it makes me sad

Thoughts on it? Did you get busy or just get bored?

op album

Now that you mention it, I have never listened to the cardiacs

Okay deal, thank you

every day until you like it

(are you asking me specifically for a rec or everyone)

I listened to it one time in the background on shitty speakers while gaming and didn't like it.
How does that make you feel?

Only u, bb

>minor threat - complete discography
yeah so typically i really have no tolerance for hardcore punk but i really really liked the guitar tones on this album. like if the guitars didn't sound how they do i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it at all. also, the vocalist was pretty insane. i don't know if it turned me on to hardcore punk but at the very least i enjoyed this. 3.5-/5

anyone need a calendar for next month? I just made a template
that's right, bitches
old school revival

oh shit
THE PRESSURE
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/eberhard_weber/yellow_fields/

Neat-o

Since I'm slowing down on the whole /daily/ gig but still wanna post commonly and stuff I may start using this format. If you could just make calendars for the next eleven years that'd be cool thanks.

wew

If you're interested in something in the same vain that's slightly less raw but more acclaimed I would def rec Fugazi.

finally got around to listening to the new frank ocean

it's... not great. I mean, it's good, but nothing really stands out as amazing or even interesting. maybe this is good background music for some good sex or whatever, but this is a terrible follow up to channel orange.
the vocal edits just make me want to listen to james blake. I have the colour of everything queued up next lol

>for the next eleven years
Dude you're already like 84 in fish years.

damn i remember them being more compact

Jellyfish never die.

Pigs die at like 20.

but a jellyfish isn't a fish

Had to stretch it. 31 day month starting on saturday the 1st is bad news

just save this old one and edit it as you need to

>a fish isn't a fish

yes that is correct, a jellyfish is not a fish, taxonomically speaking
it's not even close desu

Are you fucking silly?

I'll prove it to you look:

JELLYFISH

JELLY FISH

JELLY ... FISH

JELLY

FISH

Is /daily/ always this dumb?

if thats a smile then it has to be an angery one

you're dumb

holy fuck stop cyberbullying me i will call the police

i disagree

What are you an expert or something?

the cool thing about sience is that i'm still right even if you disagre

turn that frown

what is he so angry at

upside down

cool thing about science is ur nerd and loser and posur and i fuck bitches on bitches

Hollywood and Christianity probably.

fish do you listen to cute music? if you do i'll stop cyberbulling you

yeah well I have a tripcode motherhecker

I just listened to a lot of Sheena Ringo and it was pretty qt especially Shoso Strip

FishHams are pretty cute 2.

well i have 100 girlfriends and haino is my uncle

if you keep cyberbullying me i will tell hampus on you and he will call me retarded

double digits

also move

How are you people this retarded it's literally jellyFISH!!!!!
IT'S IN THE NAME.
LERN HOW TO READ JESUS!

fuck off fish I laughed for a good few minutes at this post