ITT: Albums where the album art perfectly describes the sound of the album

ITT: Albums where the album art perfectly describes the sound of the album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUD4RaRSSio
youtube.com/watch?v=RJKLgSmGt_g
soundcloud.com/evo-auxilium/sets/evo-auxilium-conceptual-void
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never understood why this album was so acclaimed. It just did absolutely nothing for me.

Because it came out of nowhere and wiped the floor of all other Microhouse.

This is a good one. Great album too.

I had this reaction at first too. I actually wasn't too into electronic music in general back then. Some user told me too concentrate on the textures and how they complimented each other and it just clicked after that. In hindsight it's a pretty great album that I guess I was having a hard time appreciating because I was kind of a rockist.

if you hold your ear up really close to the light in the windowsill you can almost hear the twinkly guitars

Immunity is an electronic album for rockists though

The ultimate

This.

The album has pretty crazy production and the sounds evoke a lot of imagery and animation in the mind, especially after being familiar with the tracks. When I listen to the album I think of swirling and popping sounds that blend amazingly.

Also very few electronic and or ambient albums are as consistent, Immunity is surprisingly consistent and does a great job at building a core kind of sound/landscape.

Give it another go.

there's no way anyone could think this could be anything except country

Immunity is rockist album though

>wiped the floor of all other Microhouse.
Still doesn't even touch Villalobos or Isolee or Farben

>Also very few electronic and or ambient albums are as consistent
i could name hundreds
not that this is a bad album, but seriously, some of you give it way too much credit, its essentially just a more """experimental""" version of the progressive house spinnin records garbo thats been spewed out over the last 10 years with some more obscure and creative elements
maybe im just sick of that typical prog house sound that lurks in the background of this album, but t b h id rather just go listen to some jelinek or v delay if i wanted the effect this album does

underrated post

i could imagine this being the cover of a weird country-vaporwave crossover genre. the simple font. the needless inclusion of the track titles on the cover. the jagged outlines of the cowboy, his slightly waxen face and his fake pose, all making him appear like a child's figurine.

Animal Collective
Except for Fall Be Kind

I think the album is mixed/mastered kind of poorly (even if that was kind of intentional), but the music is great.

t. rockist pleb

This

At least with most of the tracks

this

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Just leave.

No it's not

>its essentially just a more """experimental""" version of the progressive house spinnin records garbo thats been spewed out over the last 10 years
L M A O

This album is in definition epic. I dare you try to find a tech-house song that it's a bigger trip than Open Eye Signal. The production is ridiculously good, the mixing is on par and feels really creative without losing focus. Since the release of this no electronic album has touched this

Couldn't have said it better myself.

these

Isolee is so fucking good goddamn

lol it wasn't even the best dance album of 2013

literally every album art does that

What'd you think was
I dug Daniel Avery's album quite a bit from that year

No Love Deep Pleb

>Since the release of this no electronic album has touched this
either bait or you're retarded

The very fact that it's an album and released on Domino Records (traditionally an indie rock label) is why it's an electronic record for rockists

i actually guffawed at that tb h

its prob because its the only electronic album he listened to

boring & tryhard

Not sure if this counts

ITT: 0-1 actual electronic/dance listeners

>"""electronic"""
yeah and you're not one of them clearly

Some certainly more than others.

For the people who think Immunity is mediocre, please list what you find to be the pinnacle of electronic music.

Not trolling or anything, just curious and want to download more electronic albums.

>albums

There's your problem for a start

What's the problem here officer?

opn, jamie xx, arca, the list could go on....

here's a good starting point
youtube.com/watch?v=CUD4RaRSSio
also drop the notion of "albums" when you're looking for dance music

Basic Channel has BCD and BCD 2 though

not albums

You gotta do singles

If you want to get into electronic music beyond album based artists like Jon Hopkins you need to start looking at EPs, singles, mixes and record labels

I have done audio engineering work. I know what I'm talking about.

There's too much in the low end on the main dance tracks, and even worse, the bass and sub-bass synths and samples linger too long. That combination muddies the mix and gives the impression of reduced dynamics.

It may very well have been a stylistic choice to make things sound darker and atmospheric, but if so, I'm not the biggest fan of that choice.

I guess, but they are still full lengths

yeah I love OPN too. Anyone who's dived into electronic music beyond EDM drivel knows them. Some of my favorite electronic tracks of all time, unfortunately I think the albums are not that consistent with a ton of tracks that sound like filler.

Almost all of the electronic albums i've listened to are really inconsistent. At least in comparison to some other albums I like where albums are 10/10 no brakes from start to finish. I think it's because making masterful electronic music has a skill ceiling beyond that of other music.

Mate I only listen to albums, EPs and LPs

Singles? Fuck that shit. If that's the best of electronic music then they are incapable of pumping out music that holistically contains a theme and goes beyond the depth of a few bleep bloops thrown around.

rockism is a disease

this

You have to listen to Flume in album form...his whole albums are a complete theme. From start to finish.

you know what a mix is, right?

Am I rockist if I think the rock genre (and its' subgenres) are the best in all of music in the last 60 years?
What if I think albums are the best way to listen to music?

If so, i'm definitely fucking rockist. I'm amazed people don't think rock contains the most top-tier albums of the last few decades in comparison to all other genres.

Singles are fucking stupid, not far from reading a random chapter in a book.

>people are about to fall for this bait
baka

I don't think i've ever seen a electronic mix that wasn't EDM cancer tracks taped together.

Feel free to send some.

not trolling, too bad i'm not a contrarian like you guys.
you can elaborate if you are capable.

where to begin with?

they are compilations. big difference.

wow i don't even know what to say, lol.

why don't you use some fucking common sense instead of asking to be spoonfed.

opn's good but you have not "dived into" electronic music if you still care so much about albums

lmao

neck yourself

lmao i'm not the one asking everyone else to do all the critical thinking for me!

youtube.com/watch?v=RJKLgSmGt_g

my fav is Rest, try that

not true at all, by the way.

T H I S
H
I
S

God i love this album

I don't agree. Many great electronic artists make very cohesive albums. There are also many great artists who don't really make many, or any, cohesive albums, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't care about albums.

Not true btw.
Immunity > Virgins > Engravings > Shaking The Habitual > Psychic > R + 7 > Tomorrow's Harvest > Drone Logic > Settle

Also fuck you all for doubting me about electronic music (:

lol

nice
subtle

THIS
i'd put Tomorrow's Harvest way up tho

i hope you're only pretending to be retarded

100% guarantee you are underage b& if this isnt b8

soundcloud.com/evo-auxilium/sets/evo-auxilium-conceptual-void

kek stay real Cred Forums

Apollo 440
Leftfield
Pendulum(shitposters one, not the britbong)
Nordlight
Koan
Roly Porter

hi liz

yupyupyupyup