New Preoccupations Album Thread

I'm aware that this album was leaked a while back, so what are your thoughts on it?

I've given it a couple of listens already and it feels more balanced and better paced than Viet Cong. Although for me at least it seems to lack the heavy atmosphere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XXekrYs1_SY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If on their third album they can balance the songwriting consistency and the structure of this one with the atmosphere of the last one it'll be a GOAT

really really shit
some of the worst vocals and songwriting of 2016

The pointless outro to Memory just annoys me, no idea why it doesn't end at the 7 minute mark

Good album though, not as good as Viet Cong

Anyone got the leak?

That ambient bit is one of the few redeeming moments on the album though

Have to give some of these recording techniques some credit though.
youtube.com/watch?v=XXekrYs1_SY

I didn't know it leaked. I've been looking forward to this one from all the previews.

I love that outro

Death is the only good song this band has ever made.

Fight me.

thought it was pretty good, even bothered to preorder it on vinyl

honestly I got the leak so long ago that I assumed this was a new new album. Kinda disappointed that it's not, but I've been thoroughly enjoying this.

strong musicianship and production as per but the vocals were painfully lacklustre

It just lacks that special something in their songwriting that Women had. That 'something' was probably Pat Flegel in all honesty

this sounded flaccid and boring

Is this just really badly recorded? It sounds so cluttered. The vocals are horrible too. I like the opening track though.

like your dick?

fuck, you got me there

>March of progress

>Continental shelf

>Pointless Experience

>Bunker Buster

Stimulation is the only song off the new album I can really remember after two listens which is probably because it's the only one that sounds like it could be at home on Viet Cong
I'll probably give it another couple goes but I do miss all the guitar interplay of the first album

Not as relentlessly snarky and catchy as Viet Cong, but it's still pretty good. My only major complaint is that Forbidden wasn't fleshed out to a full song.

This, I feel like they really should have fleshed out the album to be longer actuly. Sense and Forbidden could have been great longer songs

It was fine but forgettable. There was nothing even remotely as strong as Continental Shelf.

I also saw them open for Explosions in the Sky and they got really drunk and were playing off beat and off key and kept having to restart songs and stuff, it was horrible. Which was weird because I saw them at SXSW a couple years ago when they were still Viet Cong and they were great. I guess playing in front of uninterested crescendo-core fans drained them.

>Memory