I d-don't get it

I d-don't get it

It's an experiment in seeing how poorly you can record a drum set without ruining an album

try mushrooms

pleb

There's not much to get. Try EB or FD if TM didn't click for you.

I don't know what there is to not get really, except for aumng

Do you not like it in halleluwah when he goes "aleleleleleleleluwah"
And the guitar solo like 3/4 the way through it

And on the first track when the drums start getting faster and faster and he's saying something like "I just can't get myself mooore"

It's just such a fun record

Listen to their other works, and maybe some psychedelia
It's just rock music made from a jazz perspective really, with some other crazy shit thrown in
The drums sound amazing on this record, don't know what you're on about

on some songs i've done recently, i've gotten away with just sticking a single large diaphragm condenser right infront of the kit and using eq and compression to boost the snare and kick

HEY
Listen to flow motion, it's got reggae vibes and it's great fun. That will help you understand their musical personality

>mono

i love this album but what the fuck is peking o

i want to edit that fast honk video with the bit in peking o

so is it supposed to be a giant jammy tribal record? This is my first listening and I can totally dig halleluwah and paperhouse. But I don't see myself returning to this record often... anyway, I need to digest what I've heard... that was massive.
>maybe some psychedelia
that's probably the deal here, I haven't heard many psychedelic albums, I totally should initiate my way through this language of music.
Even though I'm totally familiar with progressive rock and jazz, I couldn't quite understand Tago Mago. Recs?

idk depends on your musical background
i grew up listening to reggae dub and jimi hendrix than freaking tame impala,mgmt
so listening to this was the perfect mix

maybe it isn't for you tbqh nothing wrong with that

bump

>so is it supposed to be a giant jammy tribal record
I guess that's a good summation, yeah. You didn't like Oh Yeah?
Try giving Future Days a listen.

Did anybody see this snowman standing in the wind alone
With broken guitar in his hand, onion peeling sleepy eye?
It's my recording station man but I record in his head
Knowing that too big mouth, oh, ice can flow away, one knows

how do i become damo suzuki?

>what the fuck is peking o
one of the best tracks on there next to aumng

do lots of acid (I assume)
become homeless and move to Germany
play music on the streets until a bunch of classically trained musicians ask you to join your band
???
make three good albums with them and then never anything good again
continue taking lots of acid through the whole experience for maximum effect

realize the whole thing was just part of an acid trip
listen to some Can

The track Aumng is nothing more than a variation of gongyo music, respecting the buddhist liturgy tradition

It was a very creative move to have it on a psych album

Ask Mark E. Smith. He Became Damo Suzuki.

Future Days is better anyway

Try with Ege Bamyasi. It's as good as Tago Mago but more accecible. And Pinch is awesome

It's not that great honestly. If the jams on the first half are judged by improvisational standards they would be pretty weak (ex. how some of the guys go at it in blindfold jazz threads.)

That second half is mad piss poor in every way, shape and form except Damo. I really don't expect anyone to take it that seriously when around that same time you had Faust I come out with far more sophisticated electronics and free jazz already doing the muh crazy drums thing for at least five years by that point.

I really don't think Can comes together as a group with their own unique style until Future Days. It's also why it's by far their most influential album.

>That second half is mad piss poor in every way
clearly never done psychedelics

Fampai I almost always have at least a tab on me. In fact I have one in my wallet right now (should move it since its in the same pocket as my ID).

Things like Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz or Faust I or Yeti do far more than either side of Tago does when tripping. In fact, I would argue that Tago's not as good when tripping because it becomes all the more apparent that there's not a lot going on in it. But then, I do mainly enjoy music with layers of stuff happening when taking that stuff, so who knows?

future days is better anyway

>hating on best track
what the fuck
Peking O is clearly the best track in Tago Mago. Maybe Halleluwah or Amugn or Oh Yeah but Peking O is absolutely perfect. Every song is good tho

>Monster Movie
>Tago Mago
>Ege Bamyasi
>Future Days
Original or remastered?

remastered

Relistening to this now and Aumgn is actually pretty damn great. Really impressive sounds going on.

How the fuck can you not like this album
there is nothing to get
it's just great music

Didn't know that, that's pretty interesting.
Can you tell me any more about Gongyo or why they put it on the record?Aye you hit the nail on the head mate! A giant tribal jam

my gf and i got stoned and i put this on and she started crying and panicking cause too weird ;( lolz