>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/vietsong
vocaroo.com/i/s09HlSB315LS
clyp.it/f4z2ymm4
youtube.com/watch?v=vMQXUImJwbo
youtube.com/watch?v=_mSmOcmk7uQ
sheethappenspublishing.com/product-580/sithu-aye-senpai-ep-printed-guitarbook--jam-tracks-bundle
clyp.it/haufy3eq
guitarcenter.com/Used/Epiphone/Joe-Pass-Emperor-II-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar-112505630.gc
guitarcenter.com/Used/The-Loar/LH309VS-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc
guitarcenter.com/Used/Ibanez/AF95-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar-112518344.gc
musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2017-les-paul-custom-special-electric-guitar
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpJB6a96EQA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlFe49ODnA
youtu.be/GkKSIStssWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And the inlay

Second for Squier, its okay to be poor

>Blackstar
>Poor
Sure

It really isn't. I'm a poor college student and even I can afford a nice instrument, you're either dirt poor or you're wasting money left and right.

£300 for the amp and head new, good or naaa?

You get a hard-on you lose

is this an outdated maymay bass?
>Pic related, a MIM Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special

>tfw poor college student and going to buy an 8 string with my monthly govt allowance
>governement funded Djents
Also I'll mod it into an HSS because neck humbuckers are fucking useless.
That way not only I'll offend people that hate 8 strings, but also memeing retards who can't play anything else than metal.

probably not. I wouldnt see why you'd want an active EQ on a P-bass though.
however the color scheme is hideous, especially since the fretboard is rosewood

>Overdesigned/10.
Looks like the guitar of a fancy dandy gayman.

Okay, thanks. As for having an active 3 band EQ it's because I want to be able to get brighter, snappier tones out of it via the J pickup without going to a J Body (the offset waist is too uncomfortable for me). I don't mind the pearl and gold, but the rosewood doesn't suit it.

g-guys
fender is just as shitty as gibson

>I want to be able to get brighter, snappier tones out of it via the J pickup without going to a J Body
consider some other brands too then. I'm not really going to give any kind of advice because I'm a faggot who only likes Ibanez

I was going to say "just buy another brand and let fools waste their money", but is that fucking truss rod cover unaligned ? that's just nasty

>neck humbuckers are fucking useless.

What? Oh God why am I listening to Cred Forums talk guitar you bunch of clueless dreadful faggots

They're both shit. But between then they own EVH and Steinberger and those are great brands.

Fender has tighter quality control imo.

Gibson = Sharqueesha makes your guitars
Fender = Paco makes your guitars.

Isn't that a guitar of the guy of Periphery?

1 for ricks

I too saw that thread on Reddit

ricks are for dicks

No it's the guy from Ever Forthright

Neck position makes it lack attack compared to bridge or middle position, which is almost completely useless in a distorted setting.
A single coil will have a brighter sound, which you can darken afterwards with the tone knob.
And since I won't use distortion with a neck pickup, I'll get more sounds out of it than I would with a humbucker.

we wuz leveling frets and shit

Are scalloped frets a meme?

no, but /gg/ is going to say yes because Yngwie uses them

why do you care
why does anyone care
if you like them then use them, if you don't then don't

seems pointless to me, it's an elaborate way of getting the feel of large frets like jumbos

Nah, they feel awesome. It's just a different feeling. Not good or bad. I like that you don't feel any wood at all under your fingertips. The coolest part is playing chords imo, feels like your fingers are floating.

They feel nothing like Jumbo frets. Even with the biggest frets your fingers will still make contact with the fretboard

lads take a listen to what we made over in the Folk Album board :^)

suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/vietsong

So I was restringing my guitar when the new .9 string broke. Can I just replace it with a spare .10 string? I really don't want to buy a fucking new set again.

Post more autistic collections.

yea it's fine. might feel a bit weird

poorfag college student here, I want a nicer guitar

I currently have a monoprice classic, and an acoustic squire.

I want either a classical or an acoustic guitar, any recommendations in the $100 to $200 range that aren't total shit?
I realize this is bottom dollar here but I just need something slightly better and playable. i don't need a $3000 dollar guitar

Van Halen it.

Please tell me that's not an LX1.

Why does jeff berlin even like this finish.

Vintage Yamaha g50a. It looks plain but it'll sound better than any new classical up to about $600.

The sides and back are made of Katsura wood which is pretty cool also.

Current collection, the Yamaha FX335C is a new addition, needed to get another acoustic after my hummingbird broke a couple years ago. Not bad at all for $200.

Any one have one of the 61 Les Pauls?

Pic didnt attach for some reason

It won't even feel weird. They make. 10-.42 sets and they feel fine.

.11s might feel weird.

Only feels bad when I replace one elixir for an ernie. So different.

How much do you have to love hollowbodies with p90s and hate anything else to do this shit.

What's the biggest crowd you've played for /gg/?

My mom :'-(

I won

i was showing my friends how you're supposed to sweep pick

>as part of an orchestra

:\

It's literally the same guitar in different colors. The crazy thing is each of those costs about $7000.

This. I would never get a P with active electronics. Mostly cause I have a Stingray5 that is a dream. But yeah that bass is ugly AF.

Rate my collection

>Actually getting a wide variety in styles to expand tonal range
Maybe it's cause I just saw this shit but this makes me happy

Shit. Each of those costs more than the whole

Pic isn't me but it's the venue about about the same size of a crowd

2, my big bro and his friend.

I dig it.
Eastman's are fucking worth.
What's the squier?
Those tuning pegs on a fender V put me into an autistic rage that I can't really rationalize.

Played at high school's talent show, so a hundred at most.

John 5 tele. 120 bucks with case included, the bridge pup was demagnetized so i put a SD invader, which i wired wrong (didnt flip polarity) but i kinda dig the out of phase sound i get in the middle position.
Yeah, acoustically the eastman sounds better than most the martins and taylors in that price range (also, the body is all wood, no polymer). Unfortunately the pickup is a lydia schecter which doesnt sound as good as the fishman or stock pickups the taylor and martin have.

Played at a bar that had around 50+ people in it. They were mainly friends and family of the members in our group.
>Irish families
It was funny, because after we had finished our performance the old foagies finished their drinks and went back home to bed. The main act was confused as to where the audience had gone when they were going up to perform.

I dont know, once in a halloween event, i would guess like 2000-4000 people. Really a big ass fancy stage. We were one of the opening acts, is not like we could attract that crowd.

biggest is probably about 80-100 as a part of an event for youth bands but that's a few years ago.

I had a violin recital in elementary school, so that was probably one or two hundred people.

The most people I've played guitar around was like 4 friends while we were just waiting around and killing time.

It's a cheaper alternative

It was only £160 and it sounds great for a little cheap travel guitar

>sigma

meh, guess that makes sense. Sounds about the same as the Martin, which is pretty horrendous, but at least you haven't paid $500 for it.

>Vintage is not viable for most, but to say there is not a difference would be wrong in my opinion. There is a reason why these guitars are sort after. From the age of the timber to the military grade components (e.g made for B-52 Bombers) they are built with. A 2016 guitar would not compare quality/sound wise. Worth the extra money, probably not.
>military toanwoods

anyone know how to download the mediafire books? thanks muheads, just getting started here and i can't access the file.

Have you tried clicking download?

>horrendous

It does it you use a pick

If I'm playing chords I'll position my finger and thumb as if I'm holding a pick and it'll take away the highs and bring out a bit more low end

Plus it's pretty comfy to play fammy

Interesting. Could I hear some?

I play guitar but I want to expand my range, what's a good starter bass that's also cheap and easily available?

says i need to log in, and when i do there's no folder or download

Check your local Craigslist for some Epiphones or Squiers +amps sold by people who wanted to play bass but quit the next week because their fingers hurt. The prices are usually pretty low, got my Epiphone Thunderbird and HB practice amp for 200€.

Today I will attempt to install a potentiometer in a way that it cannot become loose or twist around with excessive torque.

~2k
big ass stage but we were opening so not many people were there

Loctite the nut?

squier CV basses are actually pretty nice, check for used ones
used mim fenders can be cheap too.
as for amps, if you want decent volume to play in a band get an acoustic b100. if you just want something to play in your bedroom anything will do

i love the look of these basses. and i'm a big fan of PJ layout
they sound pretty good too apparently

Here you go

My playing is a bit sloppy because I'm pretty tired and my phones Mic quality isn't helping either

But here it is anyway

vocaroo.com/i/s09HlSB315LS

Because I'm installing it in the pickguard, I need this knotch to protrude less. I filed it down.

Not him but should I buy a Yamaha RBX-375 for €150 ? It looks like it needs a little bit of work like replacing missing knobs and a setup, but is that work worth it ?

SR series from ibanez

Seems worth it with short Googling.

uh... i'm not a big fan of yamaha basses but that's personal.
i'm sure that you can get like a standard squier for that money or maybe some dece chinese knockoff like SX

I gouged out a small notch for the thingy to sit in.

Look at this faggot. Look at this faggot and laugh.

Finally changed my strings! Went a notch heavier than before. R8 my toan.

clyp.it/f4z2ymm4

youtube.com/watch?v=vMQXUImJwbo
everytime i see his videos i wonder how someones tone can suck so much

Looks like i missed the thread. Here are my babies

honestly i've long gotten-over my childish impulse to be mean to people who aren't hurting anyone.

Some fine work with this blade. Now the tab has better purchase on the notch.

Tah dah

Anyone have one of the sire v7's? Is the extra 100 worth for the swamp ash/maple?

NIce, how do you like your Dillion? I always wanted a Moderne but personally wouldn't pay full price for one

It's just a looks thing; judge for yourself.

>Anyone have one of the sire v7's?
I fucking wish

I love it so much.. My friend owns a guitar store so im fortunate enough to never have to pay full price on anything. I did purchase it for 400 new though. From owning it for over 2 years now i have not had a single problem with it and it has been wonderful. There was a lefty of the same guitar but it was recently sold to someone in sweden which i think is really awesome considering i use it for a lot of folk stuff. Check out adirondackguitars sometime for some really good prices. I just got my takamine for 350 and my buddy was going to sell it online for 500.. Originally it was a 1k guitar.

Here is a closer picture. The wood finish is still looking strong

in terms of value, sure, but you don't measure how good an instrument is with its simple monetary worth, that's the problem

>squier
i'm definitely not buying a Fender 5 string, and even less a squier.
>SX
no

i've heard local bands on line 6s with a better tone than that.

>in terms of value, sure, but you don't measure how good an instrument is with its simple monetary worth, that's the problem

Of course you don't. But saw some decent reviews on it. You should check some demos of it.

There's a guy selling an Orange Crush 20 for $75. Worth it?

I will never understand why people buy the same guitar in different colors.

well you need one for different moods, or outfits.

if there's nothing major wrong with it and it isn't counterfeit or something, absolutely!

youtube.com/watch?v=_mSmOcmk7uQ

I'm never too fond of checking out reviews and demos, they're too subjective, and everyone has an ever so slightly different way to play.
At least with opinions it's clear that it is subjective.
I'll go check it out in person once I'll get the money together.

it's more of a practice amp with the 8", but on a 12" it could sound rather full

because people don't know what they want. but they still want something.
AKA consummerism.

>No Seafoam
>No Surf Green
>No Daphne Blue
>No Sky Blue
Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense

those are literally all the colors on offer for Squier® Affinity™ Telecasters© though

Awesome, yeah I meant full price on a Gibson Moderne (hard to find one for less than $5000), the Dillion seems like a really reasonable price. Made in Korea right? I'll have to look into them, it looks really nice.

Oh i gotchya, yeah 5k for a guitar is crazy to me. There is only one guitar tgat i would drop more than 1k on and thats a robin machete with a Floyd. And yes the dillion is korean made, and honestly they did a remarkable job. I wish you luck finding a dillion moderne though as they went out of production not too long ago but you might be able to find a few for a decent price under 700

Why do they do this to themselves

they want the squiers to look like toys and the fenders to look like the real deal. makes sents, and cents, user.

>sents, and cents

Wanna try that one more time?

sense and cents

my brain's fried, i been doign uni applications all dae sorry friend

Just like the MIM jazz basses can't have tort... Real dumb stuff.

Holy shit that image triggered PTSD flashbacks

I know friend, I know. at least you know I have the guitar now and I chose #6. It's been just about a year too ;_;

How do you like it?

Pick or fingers?

Fingers for me.

Chroist. I thought that was scribbled on.

Both.. Fingers for mainly acoustic though

I tried with a pick & I always couldn't get into it.
Fingers takes much time to get any good at, but is worth more to me.

It takes time, especially with double picking. Took me a few years to master it but its worth learning. Its really like anything learning a guitar.. Takes time but you get there

Lads, anyone got any tips for rescuing a chipped fretboard? It's an acoustic that's got an annoying dent under the g sharp on the g string.

I honestly still love it, and I'm just really fond of it too like it's a dear friend. I'm not a real guitarist and don't intend to be so I've prolly got my guitar-for-life now. I may get a baritone guitar at some point just to have something different but that's about it.

>dem acoustics

hnnnng

try a hot rag to raise the grain up or failing that fill it with superglue and smooth it down.
?

>tfw Jackson shill
Just put me out of my misery.

Me neither... Except for fucking teles. They are fucking beautiful and i want all of them. Also, if it is exactly the same model with same pups and wood and shit... Yes, it is fucking retarded.

I just did a bit of googling and it looks like the way to fix it is get some wood dust and fill it in, then glue it.

Rate my toy

awh shit which one is that? i wanted the black & chrome telly but by the time i was ready to buy they'd discontinued it so i just got the standard black/white/maple

I just got fired from my job and I've always kinda half assed my guitar playing. I guess it's time to get good.

sheethappenspublishing.com/product-580/sithu-aye-senpai-ep-printed-guitarbook--jam-tracks-bundle

!

yes thats it.
you can also try 3000 grade wet and dry paper if its no to deep.
and just slowly sand it out.

people who half-adze things tend to get fired a lot and have other problems in life. you're not ever gonna git güd user, are you?

nevertheless I wish you the best. what kind of job was it? i half quit and half was fired from my jerb earlier this year, and i couldn't be happier.

Name this riff: easy nostalgic acoustic mode

clyp.it/haufy3eq

mmm bop?

Nah, I'm not that gay desu

Ah, whelp apparently I am. Thanks for the unintentionally revealing rorschach test user.

That's my fault, I'll fix the link next thread.

3000 is ridiculously fine, go for 600 and then 1000, then buff.

My local guitar shop will sell individual strings, might wanna check and see if any place near you will do the same.

How can I obtain a guitar for under 10$ I don't care about how shitty it is

rob someone

Those are really nice.

>inb4 he's a bedroom guitarist

Craigslist near me has some for $15. Also set an email alert for "guitar" in the free stuff section. Check garage sales.

Should I go for an MIM Tele for $320?

No.

Just buy a new Squier Telly for $180. It's just a good ƒam and new > sweated-on, banged-up, cummed-upon, and gross used.

How about a Gretsch New Yorker for $380?

no

yes, user

Still not great but there's no good deals on archtops to be had, so I can't fault you for it.

Are there any better deals on archtops?

First show as a proper band was around 500ish (charity event).

BUT the biggest crowd I've played to as a proper band would have been around 200-230 iirc. Most shows average around 100ish. Maybe a bit less like 80 if it's a shit town or on a bad night for a show. I live in Australia by the way so anything over 50 is considered good haha.

Check these out

guitarcenter.com/Used/Epiphone/Joe-Pass-Emperor-II-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar-112505630.gc

guitarcenter.com/Used/The-Loar/LH309VS-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

The Loar is probably the best if you want something similar to the gretsch, the others are better for a more familiar jazz sound (wes montgomery, kenny burrell etc..)

posted the same link twice, meant to link this one.

guitarcenter.com/Used/Ibanez/AF95-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar-112518344.gc

are modern player teles any fun? someone near me's selling one for $70 on craigslist so i figured one might be worth a shot, already have a MIM but variety's nice

>How long have you been playing?
I lost count
>Fav guitars?
Schecter makes a sweet 5 string bass
>Fav guitarists?
My bear
>Projects?
Doing an EP
>Talk about and play music
What's music? I just buy guitars so that I can play air guitar and look like I'm really doing something
>General guitar and bass discussion

3K. I was not the main act.

tfw you get totally slammed and find your bridge like this in the morning

Here's your (You) for helping me out

Kill yourself

Thanks for the reccomendations user, I'm leaning towards the Loar.

Loars are very hit or miss on fretwork so make sure you try before you buy and i investigate to see if there's any frets lifting out. They have a good acoustic sound. I wouldn't bother setting it up for electric strings, I'd stick to bronze. So the pickup isn't of much concern.

If you're looking for an archtop to use for electric stuff, a thin body will usually be available for cheaper than a full body.

Are MIA Fenders the official guitars of the Aryan master race?

You mad bro?

Nah, Gibson is because they have slave labor.

Picked up a Seagull S6 recently as a pawn shop find (pic related). $150 with a nice Seagull gig bag. Couple dings but it's more or less in perfect shape.

Changed strings to Ernie Ball Silk & Steel, lightest gauge. Lost some tone but the increased playability is nice. Might still shave the saddle for the lowest action possible.

>On and off for two years, can't afford to do 30 a week for a teacher anymore, because of college.
>Not a huge gearhead yet, I have a squire jazz master and a frontman. Considering the G& L in pic. MY buddy let me play his after a concert and the neck felt so much better to me.
>I just want to be good enough to hold a decent jam with friends.

Anyone have a go to online site good for learning?

About to drop $900+ on an Ibanez Rg. The RGAIX6FM specifically.

Should I do it?

this. choose a loctite color depending on if you want to be able to remove it ever again.

Check the OP faggot.

>devi ever is back to making pedals

fucking shoot me

I'd fuck her boi puccy tbqh

Well since I'm a fanboy about Ibanez I would.

Check out Godin, if you can get any.

But she makes cool pedals

Opinions on Seagull guitars and by extension Canadian guitar companies?

What's up with trannies and pedal building

>she

I'm this guy
Digging the S6. Anything specific I can answer for you?

>What's up with trannies and pedal building
Autism

I sexually Identify as a guitar pedal. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of changing audio tone and relaying quarter notes in under ten seconds via delay. People say to me that a person being a stompbox is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a shop mechanic install a JH-1FW Jimi Hendrix Fuzz-wah circuit and twin scroll pedals on my box. From now on I want you guys to call me "Crybaby" and respect my right alter tone and wail needlessly . If you can't accept me you're a folk singer and need to check your acoustic privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

I always get out of tempo while jamming..

Goddamn that's sexy

guys, it fucking works. got them pickups working on first try goddamn i feel like a genius praaaise mee.
but for real, cant believe im almost done with this thing, it's been so long. gonna go get me some strings for it tomorrow

Give it a tacky paint job, put it in the corner and play synthesizers?

God dammit I know it but I can't fucking place it. I thought it might have been Vertical Horizon but I don't think so. Answer plz before I kill myself.

>concise little blobs of solder
good job user, youve already doen better than the gooks that build old jacksons / epiphones

5/5

SX guitars are qt3.14s

Jacksons are gr8 desu senpai

yo hol the fuck up, that's not all i did; i stripped off the original clear coat and paint, cut the shape, stained everything, put clear coat on that and polished it along with changing pretty much all of the electronics (the only original piece is a blower switch.) turned out pretty all right for a first time i think, took forever to figure out how the electronics were supposed to be.

(also, unless you have a tool for the job (if there is such a thing), i would not recommend trying to strip the paint out of a fucking floyd rose hole by hand.)

I wish I could start learning again from the start to see super quick progress, knowing what I should and shouldn't buy, making sure not to develop bad habits, etc.
It's a weird thought but this seems really comforting for some reason.

you did exactly what ive done to several guitars, I'm just commending you on your technique mate dont take it the wrong way. A lot of people here dont consider "building your own guitar" to be any less than cutting the wood yourself, they will never know the pain and struggle of re-finishing. I personally think you've done a good job.
What finish did you use? I have a vintage v100 i use for experimenting on (different wiring techniques for the sole purpose of discovering the difference in sound and finshing techniques using things from nitrocullose, car paint {lol} and the paint people use for household walls {was trying to see what difference a 'layer' of paint made to the sound} in order to learn myself through trial and error)
Anyone who modifies guitars beynd replacing pickups I have extreme admiration for. I recently sold a guitar I re-finished myself with laqcuer and the buyer said the finish was amazing bu the guitar itself had plaability issues... honestly i cant "set up" a guitar at all because I've very little grasp on intonation adjustment and how to relieve fret buzz to lower the action.

I bought a BYOguitar kit and assembled it in pursuit of creating my dream guitar, I love everything about t except the action and playability.

I had a MiM fender which had an action as high as snoop dogg which didnt put me off so im able to play it but it would be nice to have the action lowered so my monsterous bass-plaer inspired ???? style can really find its groove.

Again, I only commend you on your work and wish more people would... edit? their guitars in such a fasion.

>was trying to see what difference a 'layer' of paint made to the sound.

Anime posters should unironically kill themselves.

what's wrong w it

definitely. weeb trash

pls dont meme me, genuinely though I read an article tat the wholepoint behind nitrocellulose was because it allows the wood to "breathe" (their words not mine) and I wanted to know if smothering a layer fo paint made any noticable difference to tone, so i went ahead and did it.
I know you might shit on me saying "dude wtf you doing covering that poor guitar in paint" but I just want to experiment with a cheap piece of shit and discover for myself what difference (if any) comes into play using different materials....

{you may not recognise / remember me but im the faggot who sliced up a kelly and painted it purple, who also butchered a florentine les paul because I hate sunbursts}
pls am weeb trash myself dont hate on our 2d waifus we are lonely~

Nice try, bully

>pls am weeb trash myself dont hate
Nobody gives a shit if you watch anime, but it's your own fault if you shitpost with anime pictures.
Imagine someone adding "I'm a QUEER guitarist..." "Well as a QUEER guitarist..." etc. to every one of their posts, nobody gives a shit if you're gay but if you force it down peoples throat you're an annoying faggot and should kill yourself.

what if youre posting on a website specifically made from queers?

The whole point of Cred Forums is to animepost, music is just something for us weebs to talk about.

BTW we're all gay here anyway so nobody needs to announce it. On the other hand there's clearly an infection of some people who aren't weeaboos.

Have you seen my latest mutilation?

Lads, just had an amp apart to clean the pots on it (every one was crackling). First time I've tried this, bought the amp cheap with an eye on doing it up and flogging it.

100% success rate on fixing the pots. They're all as smooth as the day they left the factory.

OK NIGGERS
DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A JHS MODDED SUPERWAH

BECAUSE I WANT TO ADD A VOICE SWITCH IN BOTH OF MINE CAN U PLEASE POST GORE PICS SO I CAN FIND OUT HOW IT WORKS

>completely missed the point
nevermind, salty faggot.
cut away on a tele?
honestly if it as finished the same way that the rest of the guitar was it wouldnt look out of place at all mate, but i cant help but notice the slots for some switches by that pickup.... are you planning on combining a jazzmaster with a tele!!!! you fucking lunatic! I love it.

>The whole point of Cred Forums is to animepost

No, the point of Cred Forums was originally for weeb trash to post. Anime is not music.

i thought Cred Forums was just a safe haven for weebs and other faggots of the sort, I dont understand the unrelented hate for anime when ti doesnt affect the user in any way "omg i saw an anime picture how offended I am" sounds like some tumblr tier bulllshit to me, get over it.

Got em

No how dare you come into my secret club website and post shitty anime degeneracy? you have some nerve if you think i'm not gonna get pissed by that. I might just have to talk to moot and have you banned for insulting me like that.

The difference between Cred Forums and tumblr is Cred Forums says "go back to your board" tumblr says "ban this IRL now!"

cos you are reminded of the fact that you are arguing with grown men who watch cartoons

guy it's awesome, Cred Forums specifically created different boards for different interests, isn't that cool?

if you're a weeaboo, you can fuck off to and post all you want. posting retarded unrelated images in a guitar thread doesn't really make much sense. it would be like me posting pictures of spoons next to every one of my posts and saying "well who cares? i'm still talking about music, i just like spoons :3". and you'd tell me to fuck off, like i'm telling you now

PLEASE RESPOND

I was hoping the dwarfcraft guy would keep making them, as annoying as he is at least he doesn't fucking forego doing his taxes to have his penis cut off.

wow weird. yeah I have one, why?

>those tele stickers
die

M8 if you think the only difference is how Cred Forums and tumblr complain you need to leave forever

Thoughts on this? Seems like Gibson's answer to a modern playable machine, and it doesn't cost too much too.

musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2017-les-paul-custom-special-electric-guitar

They're reaction images. You might draw some attention by somehow posting spoon reaction images but assuming they were remotely understandable nobody would take offence.

There's a difference between posting about anime and using an anime reaction image.

So I'm looking at a classic player baja tele since I like the electronics configuration. Anyone ever played one? How was the neck?

>he actually googled angry spoon to make a point
kek

Could you take the back plate off and show us pictures of the inside?
How do you like the pedal? Is it worth the buy?

It's a Single-Humbucker-Lipstick-P90 guitar. The neck has a volume that only activates when the pickup is out of phase, there's a bass cut and no-load treble, 1 meg volume pot, and master series/parallel switch. The humbucker can select either coil, both in series, or both in parallel.

This guitar has over a hundred discrete settings.

nOY MOOOT SAMA REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i'll be honest with you I have a tumblr for following guitar blogs primarily, but I posted a picture of a piece of poo and recieved death threats lmfao
debate me [wheeeeeeeze]
fuck off cuck wheres my meme board

user...
make it so the pups can split coil, go out of phase, can also operate when in mid position as one being singles while the other a 'bucker, then also create voicings for each individual voicing, that also addsdistortion via the guitar, create THE most versatile guitar known to man.

Believe in the me that believes in you

Are u mocking me, kid? I garunttee u that I know more Cred Forums elites than u know people combined u faggot im sick of this fucking cancer shitting up this board and moot WILL ban u if i ask him too im gonna go to the Cred Forums admins and moot i am friends with him on skype and get u banned lol!!!

mY DAD IS THE TRIPFAG KING ILL DOX U AND EAT UR DOG

pls

SPOONIKU IS BEST WAIFU

Jesus fucking Christ I need your thoughts and prayers.

>Be me
>Living at home cuz NEET
>Prized possession is an ESP Les Paul copy
>Go out for dinner with my grandmother
>Come home
>Guitar is on stand where I left it
>But....
>Headstock is half busted off
>Classic Gibsonitis
>Fuck, now I have this to pay for
>Show Mom what happened
>"Oh I knocked it over when I went in your room to close your window."
>"I didn't think anything broke though."
>This is why I tell EVERYBODY not to go in my room when I'm not present
>I'm not being senselessly territorial or hiding a porno stash.
>Outwardly pissed but inwardly relieved
>There had been a hairline fracture in the neck since I bought it (wasn't visible in pics) and I knew it was very fragile
>Spent years worrying about it breaking
>Now I can get it repaired, which will make it stronger than ever, and I don't even have to pay for it

Still fucking choked though. This is my only guitar and who knows how long it'll be in traction.

it's not spoonposting if it's on topic

what's everyone's favorite guitars?

meant to attach unrelated pic

THIS IS A SITE MADE FOR SPOONPOSTING, I WILL SPOONPOST IF I LIKE.

its literally as easy as taking out 4 screws and shooting 2 pictures you massive fucking fagzoid

woah hey no worries, no offense taken haha, and thanks for your kind words. the original finish was rather hard to get off, that was some solid layer of clear coat, especially in the bloody floyd hole. at first i just sanded down the paint in the hole a little bit and painted the top of the guitar plus the hole because i couldnt be arsed to strip it all, but the brown paint looked like shit so i stripped that off again and now had to strip off two layers of paint and one layer of clear coat in the hole. that took some serious buddhist-like patience over that week or so, and it was so annoying because by the point i was almost done with it, i had spent like 90% of the time trying to get off 10% of the paint. also blisters upon damn blisters.
after i finally got done with that i got some dark walnut stain and rubbed that in. immediately looked really nice. later on decided i'd put it on the neck as well. then i put on acrylic clear coat and polished it with pre-wax and wax (car wax that worked quite well.) not 100% satisfied with the clear coat but it'll do for now. too thin in some places, and has some small scratches, but none of which looks like something a guitar wont get naturally after a while.

heres a pic of what it used to look like. did not like that weird glittering green and the superstrat shape, plus i didnt play it much as i mostly play bass so it made for a nice project piece. speaking of which, i recently got a cheap bass from a friend that im about to start on, wonder what i should do. think i might try a burst with that dark walnut on the very edge/side. also been sort of sniffing out a kit but i dunno yet, we'll see if i ever start that.

lastly, interesting about the paint, ive heard about nitro being more like rubber and other finishes being more prone to resonance like glass (or was it the other way around?), but its sort of hard to test for just like that. did you figure out anything interesting?

they're reaction images everyone, and i will spoonpost in every /gg/ from now on

The birth of a meme, everyone.

Why don't you own a meme guitar like a flying V or a Jazzmaster?

but I do, user.

>Why don't you own a meme guitar
Someone left a 5 string bass at my house years ago and it's still here.

If your luthier is good enough you probably have nothing to worry about. I /cello/ and constantly deal with repairs to bridges, necks and varnish just from the weather changing.

>He doesn't EAGDC for low F naturals

I always wonder if people ever get hit in the face with a headstock with this type of cracks before.

I'm a guitarist. I only pick up the bass to play simple shit over my guitar parts for home recording. 5 string basses are a pathetic attempt to make a bass seem as complex and difficult to play as a guitar, which doesn't work.

What I'm doing with my cheap bass is making it a jazz/MM/EB-0 hybrid. I did decide to go with ceramic magnets in my mudbucker, but I might move to alnico if the mood strikes me. My MM is also ceramic, so I dunno if I'll be as enamored with the ceramic mudbucker or just want a more vintage tone once I play with it for a while. If so it'll be a very easy mod.

I also might pop in a noiseless strat pickup. I like how musicmasters sound. My jazz pickups are noiseless. All four pickups will have series/parallel options. The MM will have a the front coil available as well, for that Rickenbacker sound.

Looking over the break it seems I got pretty lucky.

The wood just split along the grain lines on the back of the headstock. The split runs up to the end of the truss rod channel in a "U" shape, no big crack down the middle of the headstock. The damage to the face is minimal, just a hairline crack.

Since I've sanded the back of the neck years ago (and did a sloppy job) the aesthetics are already busted. It's not a pretty guitar so the scar from the repair is no big deal. Not gonna get it refinished and all that shit.

You mean the headstock flying up and hitting them in the face?

Slash said it happened to him when he was doing one of those headstock divebombs on his '88 Les Paul.

hi sorry, just read this. I was away for a bit,am baking a pie (have an apple tree in he backyard). managd to take a picture as well, but since you're such a rude homo, now I won't share it.

bye gay

For reference. Maybe I should do the rear coil, actually. I guess I'll try each.

>This autistic over an electric bass
>He didn't just get a precision like every other bassist on earth

It's a bass, they all sound the same unlike guitars.

I'd love to fall for these baits but I'm busy being a piece of shit, sorry user.

wow ok

sorry i was mad

i had a really bad day .

[spoiler]i had to go into work on an offday which i was going to spend with my gf to listen to this homo redditor tumblr snowflake complain to my boss about his life like hes his second fucking psychiatrist with 4 hours of sleep, had a busy fucking day, got slammed when he left, had to stay after, and when i was hungry after work i couldnt eat because nausea kept me so i had 2 boiled eggs today for food[/spoiler]

please

i fucking cum every time i see a beat up strat
10/10

isn't there a washer that goes between that and the pickguard?

>implying it's bait

go drool on yourself in the corner, the guitarists are talking.

I'm looking for a G&L Rampage but they're all Jerry Cantrell signatures.

Holy fucking shit dude.

ok i cant even blog on Cred Forums right

Just stop.

>i was going to spend with my gf
I suspected you were a normie.. with this confesion i am now definitely not uploading.

also that's not an apology

ill just go to bed
2moro will be a better day
night lads

its good to know that you prefer spoonposting

also it didnt have to end like this i just wanted a picture of a super wah

Unlike guitar it's not going through distortion, chorus, an overdriven tube and a crappy speaker before you hear it. Yes, it makes a difference. If you think a ceramic bass pickup sounds like an alnico bass pickup you're tone deaf.

>he doesn't use distortion or overdrive tubes on his bass

what are you some fucking jazz lawyer with a 5-string custom model bass or something?

fucking faggot

Only on the front

I'm sincerely sorry that I lashed out at you friend
I just suspected you were ignoring me like every other faggot ever and got a little upset because my day wasnt going as well as i wanted it to.

I hope you can find it in your merciful heart to forgive me.

Goodnight friends

I'm not even that guy, but have a good night user.

they don't understand

looks pretty nice, mate. despite being a bass player i havent really looked into bass pickups haha. a reallyyy nice Westone bass sort of fell into my lap a couple of years ago and havent thought about bass modifications until i got that cheap bass handed to me last month (along with an Epiphone Dot with a broken head.) not sure how wild i should go on that bass... a burst colouring is easy and cheap enough so that's probably gonna get done. maybe i'll try to get a hold of a fretless neck or some biz like that.
any recommendations for bass pickups i should check out?

A-acoustic basses? Should I just get the cheapest one I can find for noodling on the couch because they're all shit anyway? Has anyone tried resonator basses (looking at the Harley Benton one which seems to be an exact copy of the Ozark resonator bass)?
I think that's the Ozark: m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpJB6a96EQA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlFe49ODnA

Nobody gives a fuck about bass. We seriously need a general for bassists so they stop shitting this one up.

i'm a poorfag and i need a bass
something good for it's value
any ideas from personal experience?

I would check out the Seymour Duncan noiseless jazz pickups, caliguitar neodymium split p, or pretty much any guitar p90. Neodymium split p will be ridiculously bright, but it's a cool thing to have with a quality amp. Massive string response. Just don't do it without a nice equalizer.

Definitely do not buy an acoustic bass that does not have a trapeze tailpiece. A normal glued bridge will lift. A resonator could be okay. But in general, acoustic basses suck. They're quiet and uneven in tone. Whatever you get, put electric bass strings on it and use a magnetic pickup. The exception to this is fretless piezo basses in the upper price range with slim hollow bodies. These emulate the sound of an upright.

I got this a few months ago, epiphone wilshire phantomatic. Love the tone selector and the general tone of the guitar, and its super light

I know that they won't be particularly loud or great acoustically, but the resonator seems to at least be audible at a reasonable size. Again, just something that's usable for noodling on the couch. I'm just not sure if the Harley Benton is a complete PoS and if the lipstick pickup on it is okay, amplified the Ozark sounds amazing IMO but I have no clue in what sense the Harley Benton is a faithful copy of it.

A lipstick tube pickup is just a bar magnet wrapped in wire. The Harley Benton one is probably fine. If not both ceramic and alnico replacements can be found very cheap. However I would still recommend just getting a sturdier and comfier bass, studio monitors, and an amplug.

so where can I get one of these?

I need a cheap bass guitar

>blulu in my /gg/

oh what has the world come to

I currently use a regular guitar but play the bass parts on it.
>blulu
What

the girl from the picture, her name is blulu

she used to post on the league of legends general over at /vg/ until people posted nudes of her on the threads

get a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz or a Matt Freeman Squier P-Bass.

How much are those?

daily reminder a 2203/2204 is the best amp ever

hello do I look like a Guitar Center rep? Fucking google it.

I don't know what you look like.
You'll have to take a pic of yourself with timestamp for me to answer that.

Yahoo Auction Japan. Wait for a while and I'm pretty sure one will pop up. I've seen a couple Mio pedals go up since they've been released, and recently I've seen a fair amount (read: also a couple) of Yui and Azusa pedals pop up, so you should be good as long as you're patient and have ~$300 lying around.

>300 bucks

man I'm just gonna get a ODB-3 and shoot myself

Follow you're dreams, user-kyun.

Nice

>chord chart

they are one trick pony

save some money and get a $400 to 500 one

what's the loudest you've ever cranked an amp?

Up to 11.

5. Even that much was ridiculously loud. Really I don't see why anyone would ever need to turn one of these past 3

I never even used my Micro Dark Terror at full volume, I couldn't get it to not feedback like a cunt.

even though its "only 1 watt" it was pretty fucking loud

Loud enough that I need to wear earplugs but not too loud because the tone stops being clean.

ew wtf

But user, I own a king V AND a Jazzmaster

thanks i appreciate it, will start by checking those out when i start. got a sweet equalizer built into the amp as you can see on , Dynacord reference 3000, old german 300w amp with some really nice knobs that lets me shape the sound. so maybe that neodymium would have been cool. thanks again.

Like 7 on a Marshall. Was cool as.

Does anyone have any experience with DD-500? Is it possible to dial ina stereo ping pong delay with it?

Can you do crazy bends on the scalloped frets?

What do I use a Boss Compression/Sustainer CM-2 for?

Would you?

youtu.be/GkKSIStssWo

YAMAHA C40 or YAMAHA C40 II?

Is the updated version better or is it exact like the original?

New thread plz

Yea im on it t.op

Goddamn I want a John 5 tele so bad.

New thread up familias