blurtonline.com/feature/art-and-the-pop-narcotic-grimes-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=_pOAF07Xg1c
soundcloud.com/artpopprojectbackup/grimes-realiti-hidden-lyrics-isolated-vocals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm ugly.

>Grimes
what's the appeal?

her music is pretty good

bitch be lookin like eight sides of days old chicken skins covered in grease stuck together LOL

what is happening

why are the janitors being shitters? why are there so many shitters these days? didn't they get the memo? you can't get rid of a trashie infestation. the trashie infestation leaves when it WANTS to leave.

Are you serious?

no he's trolling.

don't respond to the haters. you just inform them they can get a rise out of you.

starve them of their (you)'s and they'll get bored.

XD

>late 2012 Grimes has 4,000+ tweets
>Mid 2013 Grimes has 9,000+ tweets
>early 2014 Grimes still hasn't broken 10,000
what happened

She's busy, that's what happens when you have a successful career sweetie.

>janitor's job is to clean board of trash
>grimes is trash

Gee wonder why

not really. She was far busier in those periods of huge twitter activity due to a huge touring schedule.

Fuck you grimes fans are faggots kek

i wonder if he has a little autism

You're a naughty little boy.

Interested in reading/watching Grimes interviews.
Any that you find important/interesting/rare, lay em on me

youtube.com/watch?v=skGh7-Mrqc4

>she's less busier now she's a lot more famous

>important/interesting/rare
user, they're all interesting - every single damn one.

> lay em on me
If you insist - 92 chronologically sorted multimedia interviews with Grimes (aka virtually every one in existence afaik atm):
pastebin.com/Tq5XCemA

I've seen a lot I'm just interested in finding more

thanks for that link dude fuck

Why the moomods are such faggots and keep deleting the Grimes threads? Fuck them!

they are misogynistic nu-males

Yeah, all of them are interesting. Grimes is very interesting in general.

well now she doesn't post in twitter because stupid numale hipsters write articles on her shitposts.

it's a janitor not a mod.

this. pic related is how i imagine that dumb ass janitor.

She has a really great personality, i love it.

These janitors are completely incompetent. They don't delete obvious crap posts (probably reported multiple times), but they delete entire good threads. Lame, lame, lame.

they make their hatred of women so fucking obvious. It's absolutely ridiculous.

"Come on, Voignamir"

"Say something, Voignamir"

fucking damn this is funny but also pretty creepy
youtu.be/p95HVaMTZ80?t=122

cringe

That's funny. Claire is so awesome.

I LOVE GRIMES

she appreciates you

but would probably like it if you chilled out a little.

Did you see her live performance at SXSW in 2012 on the roof of a building? You should watch it: youtube.com/watch?v=SDID5yKU_s8

why did she stop going to sxsw?

sxsw 2012 grimes was like, peak.

i cant help myself. she is all i think about

take those strong feelings and make a track.

the best art is that inspired by strong feelings.

this is true, make that shit

what did she mean by this

But it's not

So don't listen to it.

all the critics disagree.

You wouldn't have a src on that gif by any chance?

here you are lad
youtube.com/watch?v=3SVcbft9XOA

She's being lewd, it's really not surprising.

What happened to /Grimes/'s favorite autists, chart guy and "MUH introduction" guy?

ngrimes zo lush forever senpai
>my friend danced on stage during her performance she told the security that she new him mid song just so they wouldn't kick him off stage

Claire fucked them to death for their enormous dedication

our lovely queen

mine

grimes look here is nurturing milk from cloud nipples

she looks hyper conscious about that photo

Lovely.

ours

Some similar artists to Grimes?

how big are her breasts?

how pink is her pussy?

who cares

majical cloudz for halfaxa/darkbloom sound
david bowie & Micheal Jackson for similar artistically.
sean nicholas savage for geidi primes sound.

Not your business. Please leave.

Thanks. I'm gonna listen to some Majical Cloudz.

>david bowie & Micheal Jackson for similar artistically
in what way?

>how big are her breasts?
A cup probably
>how pink is her pussy?
too hairy to be able to identify, probably smells bad too desu senpai

stupid numale hipster

404 as in Error 404 (Not Found)?

tei shi / kyary pamyu pamyu (art angels) / maybe crystal castles? (halfaxa)

>maybe crystal castles? (halfaxa)
"no"

>"MUH introduction" guy?
who?

DB and MJ came from a time when auteur production didn't exist. They are the same, though, in that they made great cutting edge pop to THEIR artistic vision and no one else's.

why did my questions trigger you?

because it's not

because it's fucking creepy, maybe?

are you actually autistic?

Don't you think you stepped out your boundaries? If you don't respect Grimes, there's no place for you ITT.

i tried

then what other purpose is this thread? i thought we were all chums here

to talk about her music.

go take your waifufaggotry to /s/ or /hr/.

You're clueless. Get the fuck out of here.

>THEIR artistic vision and no one else's.
>who is Brian Eno
>who are all those people who were ripped off by Bowie on different phases of his career
and most of his albums are not pop
the only way he's similar to Grimes is how a great marketer of his music he was

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(Michael_Jackson_album)#Track_listing
you really think all these people couldn't add something from themselves?
MJ is just extremely successful industry plant, probably the most

guys what if I told you we aren't gettin those videeoz this month?

stfu

I love her.

quads demand an answer

They guy who complained whenever his thread introduction wasn't used.

Reign it in and chill the fuck out son. We all love Grimes here, but you don't see us posting it every hour on the hour. Show your love through quality, contributions towards discussions about her art. Otherwise you're just pushing us closer to the bump limit while actively bringing down the quality of these threads. Not only does this disrespect Grimes, but it also gives the stupid numale hipster janitor a reason to delete this threads and give in to his sexual hatred of girls.

An user who wrote a pasta for our OP and would criticize other OPs when they didn't use it. Just another one of our quality resident memers.

>the actual music discussion
>asking to stfu
gtfo of this board

When Grimes was mentioned on Cred Forums for the first time? Anyone remembers those old days?

Calling MJ an industry plant is not music discussion. It's slander of one of the best pop artists of the century. One to even rival Grimes! (Yes I said it. Grimes has a lot to live up to...)

While, yes, Micheal Jackson isn't the only name on his credits, he completely changed the pop game with his artistic vision that was UNDENIABLY his.

Grimes isn't prolific enough to influence the industry in a meaningful way this early in her career, though if she keeps crafting masterpieces like Art Angels in her bedroom, she is certainly on the path to become one of the most important names in pop.

oh right hahhaha, he's probably here still
i used to cut out the thing where grimes says she doesn't want to be infantilized blah blah and he got triggered every time

are there more memers you have identified? i'm curious if you have "identified" me

>but you don't see us posting it every hour on the hour
That is because I love Grimes more than any of you.

Also
>implying that I don't contribute towards discussions about her art

What about the fact that Grimes did everything in her music while MJ needed a whole team of people working for him?

>Calling MJ an industry plant is not music discussion. It's slander of one of the best pop artists of the century
he is one of the best pop artists of the century and an industry plant at the same time. if you deny it, then you're just retarded and should read more about your beloved pop star
>he completely changed the pop game
I dont deny it, my point is that there was not only his vision in his music, while grimes makes all her music by herself

I've been here since May, I have identified several memers. There's the South American memer, the classical musician/librarian, the hammeranon, the jamesposters, the loreposters, along with several other memesters who haven't really made much of an identity for themselves for me to label them.

>That is because I love Grimes more than any of you.
I assure you that you do not. Many of us just have the common sense and respect to contain ourselves and keep the bar raised high for discussion when it is time for discussion.

It was mostly his vision. Do not forget that with Pop it is not only the music, but also the performance, the aesthetic, etc. It's not like rock where you can show up in a stained wifebeater and be a success.

Grimes wants to be important? She's going to need to surpass the heavy hitters, considering where she's coming from. Lady GaGa, Katy P, Taylor Swift, Mark Ronson, etc.

She needs to create a huge body of work that consistently blows the socks off of her fanbase and wows critics. Luckily, I think she's up to the task.... If only touring didn't get in the way!

what's grimes' equivalent of this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=4Uj3zitETs4

Infinite Without Fulfillment

there's no south american memer, there never was

i distinctly remember an user talking about grimes' Argentina jersey and mentioning "my country" a few months back.

I wanna know this as well, what did Cred Forums think of Halfaxa and Geidi Primes when they were released?

Flesh Without Blood

Do you think Grimes can become Taylor famous before she turns 30? Or at least have a song as big as Blank Space?

Depends on how quickly she can get a new album out the door and how good it is.

She's perched perfectly so that another masterpiece will catapult her very fucking far.

It's just a matter if she chooses to sell out or not.

If I ask Grimes on a date do you think she would say yes?

depends how big you are :^)

nah

Depends if it's as a friend or with romantic intentions.

The former? Maybe. The latter? Not a chance.

Considering that the opening track on Illmatic is The Genesis, sure

Maybe as a friend first then we could see where it leads?

Does she have a bf?

no. she is in a happy relationship.

only a fuckbuddy

What's his name and where does he live?

Grimes for PM 2019!

o damn i am uglier then this guy

what to heck ??? ahahaha

it will lead to nowhere. she has a boyfriend who she loves very much.

And with a jaw like this, who wouldn't? What a sexy beast.

hes in naturally good looking, just constantly out of shape

Do you think that they have fucked already?

they may have tried it, to see what it's like

>Been dating for over 4 years
its possible

I laughed so hard that I got tears in my eyes

nah

dude. she spent half a year in the woods with james. alone.

"getting away from it all" was just an excuse.

it's not possible cuz grimes' sacred pussy is the centre of the universe
also you can't fuck a goddess your dick will turn to stone

dude she brought her A game to fyf 2014

she looked super good, her performance was ace, everything was so fucking great.

Agreed. I fell in love with her after those vids.

they were so good I fell out of love because I felt it was disrespectful to her as a human being to objectify her in my mind as an object of desire.

she actually just tweeted today but it was a promo

>Grimes has a lot to live up to...)
Definitely. Although - fwiw - to my knowledge she's the only member of the current popstar elite who can moonwalk.

And don't forget to check out Pop WInds while you're at it.
youtube.com/watch?v=9qZ3HxilxcA

Why doesn't Claire just embrace her sluttinest?

I LOOOVE GRIMES SO MUCH...omg...

she does, but she has taste and is a private person. she doesn't exist for you to slobber over.

How did she meet James? I've never seen anyone mention it.

Bloodpop introduced him to her.

Lol. It's even public record:
>One of the people accompanying Boucher to San Diego was her boyfriend, James Brooks, a fellow-musician (he was formerly half of a duo called Elite Gymnastics) and an equally avid student of popular culture, though one who vibrates at a lower frequency. Their relationship began a few years ago, with an argument at a mutual friend’s house, sparked by a televised countdown of Britney Spears’s sexiest songs. Boucher was adamant that “. . . Baby One More Time,” with its schoolgirl-skirt video, couldn’t possibly be ranked the sexiest, given that Spears was only sixteen when it was released. Brooks, more cynical, insisted that it would be, despite the unsettling implications. Boucher turned out to be right; more important, Brooks was graceful in defeat. “Everyone was, like, ‘Oh, he’s smarter than you, you’re not going to like him, he’ll be able to defeat all your stupid arguments,’ ” Boucher recalls. “But he’s the only dude I’ve ever dated who won’t give me shit for beating him at things.”
newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/28/pop-for-misfits

> But he’s the only dude I’ve ever dated who won’t give me shit for beating him at things

Does that mean that Devon was jealous of her success?

no devon just couldn't deal with her standing him up and not talking to him.

I'd bang her

That's fucking right. She was really awesome in every way. And the songs sounded massive.

what happened to her? she looked hot in Oblivion

It's just a photo shoot, user.

And she's still looking hot on the OP's attached picture.

That was like 4 years ago, I am not sure if you are aware of this.

Why does Grimes have such big hands in this photo? 0_0.

'shop

love her music, but this photo is awful desu senpai

there is no such thing as a bad grimes photo desu

that was nice user

her hair looks like its well kept after. never really noticed until I opened up this fuckhuge pic and my entire screen was taken up by it.

Why is Grimes so cute, bros? I bet I could bash her face in with a hammer and she'd still be so cute. Do any of you other guys ever fantasize about beating the shit out of her face with a hammer? She would look so cute afterwards.

Camera optics and perspective distortion. The backdrop she's standing in front of is actually two separate panels set to form a right angle directly behind her, meaning that her hands are much closer to the camera than the rest of her. Add in an extra wide angle lens (which distorts the apparent size of things around the edges of the image) and you get the effect seen here - seemingly giant hands.

What is wrong with you?

what team does she play as? the raptors?

how come she's only had one boyfriend all of her life?

is she really that loyal?

grizzlies.

user pls. her love life isn't really music discussion...

just don't reply and eventually the shitposters will stop.

they feed on (you)'s and if you starve them of it they'll move to greener pastures.

>love life

she is emotionally loyal to her partner most of the time, she can however make accidents happen with who ever she fancies to inspire her musically and her main bf just has to accept that.

She's had three confirmed boyfriends, user:

• Chinese guy from high school
• Devon
• James

you forgot picture plane and that neurologist.

and she still pretends they're in vancouver i bet

Don't forget Pictureplane! He makes good music too. Oh, and James is more of a personal assistant than boyfriend.

She's virgin fuck you.

I didn't know about these guys, tell me more fellow Voignamirians.

lel you don't sail down the the mississippi on a makeshift houseboat wit some dude and not fuck the entire time

Am I grimes yet?

Grimes Jokes time:
> *Me and Grimes at Six Flags*
Grimes: Hold on, go get a spot on line, I'll catch up, I want to get a water bottle
Me: OK.
Grimes: Great. See you on the "Dark Knight"

>Be 2008
*Grimes is talking to Christain Bale
Grimes: Hey Christian Bale! I am gonna definitely catch you in The Dark Knight.

>btw, I have only heard like 4 Grimes songs before

According to wikipedia Pictureplane invented whitchhouse. I'm not sure how accurate that is though. He made some nice music. His album Dark Rift is a good place to start.

>Grimes
>virgin

Kek, she's probably Cred Forums's sluttiest waifu. I bet she's raping James in this exact moment.

Wanting to be Grimes is doing it wrong.

motorboat dat hoe.

You've never done those things so you wouldn't know that.

presumably. that's why she roots for them in the games. there's a pic she posted somewhere on social media with a caption like "probably the only person rooting for the grizzlies in LA" where she's wearing a grizzlies cap.

she dated picture plane for like a month. theres a pic of them smooching. there's also an old pic of them in a diner?

we don't know much about a neurologist other than they took her on a date to dissect sheep brains. that's a rare bit of information, tucked away on the archive of her twitter. Including a picture of a grimes holding a bloody sheep brain.

Fyi there wasn't actually any sailing involved:

>Nothing you’ve read about that story online is true. There was no Huck Finn crap: I was trying to live on a boat because I was interested in alternative ways of living, and I didn’t like paying rent. It’s legal to live on a boat as long as you use an anchor and aren’t tied to shore. I had a full boating license, the boat was insured and licensed, my friend was a mechanic, and everything was in full working condition. The police attacked us at five in the morning, smashed the windows and told us they didn’t give a shit about our safety. They were just going to fuck us over because they “Didn’t like the way we looked.” So no, I was not planning to sail to New Orleans, because I’m not an idiot. I’ve been operating heavy machinery, including boats, since I was five years old.
thedailyswarm.com/swarm/firsts-grimes/

She's more dependent than i thought.

what did her parents think of it?

She doesn't respect men who have to ask her questions, she mostly loves it when you take and assume ownership.

idk what kind of parent would she be?

youtu.be/GbZzD5o9K_A?t=269

>they don't know
>im-fucking-plying
it's easy to hide the fact that you just ripped a huge chunk of skin off of your waist. it's not so easy to hide that you got arrested tbqh fampai.

and even if they weren't keeping tabs on her daughter (apparently the chewed her out when that pic of her sucking on someone's tit emerged), they've probably heard of it by now. so my question still stands.

This doesn't sound like her James.

james is an ornamental scratching post, all his lewd thoughts have been trained out as of 2015. claire bekky's for Jay-Z on occasion but that is just physical.

I-is that dried semen?

Sorry user, but Grimes' actual history with Six Flags is far more interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=2v8eyp01iWs

It's obviously sand, stupid.

but she is a strong independent woman so you are wrong

i always liked art angels, but i think it's slowly becoming my favorite album of hers, instead of halfaxa, it's like she's channeling her sadness and frustration in another kind of sound (her eternal struggle with being original) and it turns out great, i disagree completely with the guy that says she's "in a better place now", and that this is her happy album, just read the lyrics
shame about the first 4 songs, i don't like them, and i like realiti demo better

Hello Grimes, I know you lurk Cred Forums please come to Lima.

weird theory incoming
we all know this interview
>A fairly regular Vancouver kid, with interests like anime, Harry Potter and Mariah Carey, it was during her adolescence that, as Garossino puts it, “something very strange happened.”

>“She changed into some kind of super-brain, exploring the internet all the time.”
>Teenage Boucher’s obsessions ranged from space travel, to the twelfth-century composer Abbess Hildegard von Bingen, to Russian existentialist lit. She crushed so hard on Dostoyevsky that she even flew to St. Petersburg to attend an intensive Russian immersion.

what if at that weird point she got possessed by the spirit of a 50 year old dead dude, music what his frustrated dream but he could never make it

Lol how should I know? She was an adult at the time, anyway.

is it possible she can be slightly autistic?

james will always be around, like a smelly lap dog, new guys just have to find ways to lock him out of the apartment while they do the dirtiest things to grimes.

>"james, you're smart, can you go buy us some organic chickpeas while we practice!"

stop this stupid fucking meme. it's not funny and i'm not even james.

confirmed james

does james REALLY strike you as the kind of person to browse this shitty board, let alone this thread filled with people constantly throwing virtriol at his girlfriend and him?

got me

Seconded. This whole borderline rapey bullshit you go into every night ( ) is pure retarded cringe.

what was claire like in high school?

You even making a post is retarded cringe. Because I am not wearing my glasses right now.

easy

Then how do you know I used the phrase "retarded cringe"? Get a life - other than making an ass out of yourself on Cred Forums, that is.

I squinted. wow what a faggot,.

a man hating goth with several complexes, rebelling against her "conservative" strict parents... etc.

SOCIALLY AWKWARD. Probably

much more open about her addiction to chasing strange pen15.

what a cute. CUTE!

indeed

her tats are so sick

Sometimes I feel like I am over Grimes, but then again, she is too CUTE!

I think she could've been abducted by fairies. Contact with the fairy realm changes you. Considering she plays up a fairy-like aesthetic, it could be the result of such an otherworldly contact. I read about her being a so called "faery queen", though perhaps thats not the truth. She was a human that became a halfling of sorts after this contact with fairies. Its a theme present in many forms of art as well as in credible scholarly works.

What kind of strange of pen15?

is grimes still friends with hana? i feel like the've had a falling out

they spent a week away from each other but they are back in action. They even updated Trashique yesterday!

grms

Well done. Absolutely fantastic post.

Proof your worth by making an even more fantastic post.

You misunderstand. I am being sincere, the slight mispellings of "Grimes" accompanied by a picture of Grimes is one of my favorite memes :)

it's definitely one of the non-harmful memes!

grames

grhymes

claire.

(:

Who will play Grimes and James in the inevitable biopic?

Miss Boucher

Freshly uncovered Grimes:

>And what do you hope to achieve ultimately with Grimes?
>I just want to keep making innovative music. I don’t want to be just some hype band. I mean, even if everyone f***ing hates me and forgets about me, I’ll still be making great music, and that’s all I really care about. I would rather have a very small number of people know who I am but be considered important, than be really famous but just another musician.
7digital.com/features/Vin4kR8AAAQskUq7/grimes

James will be played by nobody because he's a nobody.

But what if she marries James? He has to be included in the movie somehow.

More freshly uncovered Grimes:

>To call her productive would be putting it mildly: in just two years, the 23-year-old has released four records, which only begin to touch the surface of the “hundreds of songs” in her repertoire. Yet whereas before, her project had an art house feel not foreign to the creative community of her newly adopted city of Montreal (she moved there from Vancouver in 2006), Visions is the first of her releases that provides a set of rules.
>“The first records I put out, there was no concept of the music industry or marketing or anything like that,” she says of previous efforts Geidi Primes, Halfaxa and Darkbloom. “Now there’s all this other shit that has to happen, like make a live show, do interviews …”
blurtonline.com/feature/art-and-the-pop-narcotic-grimes-2/

I doubt that would happen. He's probably a eunuch anyway. But more importantly, he makes shitty music. The only halfway decent thing he was involved in was Elite Gymnastics and he trashes his old music. He's a total dud.

What console do you think she plays on

probably the nintendo genesis 64

Kek

Grimes will be played by a Romeo + Juliet 1990s era Claire Danes equivalent. There's a video interview on youtube from several years ago where Claire gets asked this very question, and that was her response (can't be bothered to hunt it down at the moment.)

she always does crazy shit

C.E. Boucher.

Gromes

gremey :3

Lmao she's still gothic

y do u grommets get so o f f e n d e d by roaming trolls

like if u get so sad just be Adelled and write SADSAD songs

adele sucks tho

yaaaAa i know because said she IS what o f f e n d e d SADSAD people should be

I am DDR U N K

Should we rename ourselves Grommets? I like the sound of it.

bump

Elise

seek
>highness CLAIRE

g r i m e s

What??

truth in Grommets
>s e e k

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

I dreamt claire was staying at my house bc she was playing in my city. I found her diary on the kitchen table in the morning while she was still asleep. I couldn't resist it and read parts of it before quickly hiding it away but she later realised it and was angry/disappointed. I remember thinking she would be worried from now on that somehow I would put it out there on the internet and felt ashamed of myself for invading her privacy.

I think my brain is trying to tell me that my obsession is unhealthy and kinda creepy

Grimes threads make me feel so warm inside.

I feel like making warm inside grimes.

Not obscure enough. Imo voignamirians (at least for Cred Forums) is here to stay. Imo you can't get much more obscure than a latinized phonetic re-spelling of Russian for "War and Peace" (which is what "voignamir" seems to be.) Plus voignamirians doesn't lend itself well to farsical variations.

I wonder what her feet smell like

Go smell your own. That should give you a pretty good idea (plus it'll explain why everyone cringes/laughs at you whenever you bring it up.)

I'm pretty sure that men have stronger body odor then women

>shame about the first 4 songs
Those first 4 songs are the most out there on the entire album (except Kill V. Maim). I get why someone would dislike them.

>she will never love you

come on

>she will never know you exist

dream grim

OOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIT HELLA TOLD

what if grimes was secretly kanye in a skinsuit all along?

ohm so funny, post it on antony 9gagtano meme channel LMAO xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Claire Elise

quality pic user

When will she release new shit?

sometime after din din

when she feels like it you sniveling little dork.

and it's gonna be great and its gonna make her a fucking star. she's going straight to the fucking top you hear me? she's gonna show you how great she is!!!

I'd let her beat me, too.

uh huh...

She's staying on a lot of songs. Many of them probably sound amazing, but she thinks they're mediocre... ;_;

you wanna fight? 1v1 me, you faggots!

Yeah, Realiti really makes me think she has far better material but she just doesn't realize it. I hope she releases it all someday soon...

what would you do if her next 5 records were nickelback-tier?

i'll fight u anytime anywhere you nerd
just tell me when and where and i'll be there, pal!

I'd still love her. But I highly doubt Grimes will become a bad artist all of a sudden. Maybe she will keep the quality level high as long as her career. So far, she didn't release even one bad song (Medieval Warfare & Go are both good songs, fight me!).

12 PM at your local school

I dunno... Easily and Belly of the beat are pretty bad to be honest.

they are ok, way better than medieval shovelware, but she also realizes that these songs are not her best.

They're both good songs.

>Dumb corporate pop idol
into the trash it goes

shut the fuck up dumbass numale hipster

Throw yourself into the bin, you useless dumbass.

Dying while dreaming,
it sounds like corporate art.
Break bread with an infidel
and meet me after dark

why does mew hate grimes?

Wrong thread, user.

Imo the most complex element to both those songs is their lyrical content - which is a very new phenomenon for Grimes' music (ie. if you're familiar with the famous story that 'Easily' is an English language retelling of the final scene from, it enhances the song immensely.)

moo is infested with normies

those are only pretenting to hate
everybody loves grimes

Source?

here

that post is not hate you fuck
I wrote it

hater.

how tho

How is asking Grimes to embrace her sluttinest a hate post?

dude we all love grimes

I saw her open for aerosmith in 1996

the only song I really liked by her was "Kill v. Maim"

any other suggestions so i can appreciate her more?

I thought it was Iron Maiden

She doesn't have other songs like KVM, so you're out of luck. Maybe Go and Medieval Warfare are pretty close to it. Did you actually listen to the entire Art Angels album?

i once saw james in LA, but i didn't see grimes.

ask me anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=_pOAF07Xg1c
skip to 5:45.

>The thought of dying makes me happy in a way.
>Dying while dreaming, it tastes like corporate art.
>Break bread with an infidel and plunge into the dark.
soundcloud.com/artpopprojectbackup/grimes-realiti-hidden-lyrics-isolated-vocals

Yeah, user - most of the posts you've linked there (of the ones that still exist) - while definitely creepy, aren't hateful in the least (at least not towards Grimes.) And several are even completely normal discourse (at least in /mu terms, that is.)

caladan

Did you see him perform or just in public?

Did you talk to him?

Polaroids or it didn't happen.

in publique

i didn't want to bug him, i just kinda stared at him for 5 minutes while trying to place where i had seen him before.

well, what was he up to?

Wait for her next album. If she releases anything else like KVM (other than Medieval Warfare) it will most likely be there.

This is high-octane autism

grocery shopping at whole foods.

he's not as fat as you think he is, though he really should take better care of his hair.

So every other board has male feminist janitors except Cred Forums? Doesn't sound likely, user.

>caring about things is autistic
le EPICK Cred Forums meme bro

you sure showed that underage b& how we do it xD

he got #rekt so hard he'll be crying FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- for over 9000 years!

> crystal castles

Literally no

It's equal to calling her worthless, depending on how you look at it

New thread prepared:

I'm a professional classical musician with an extensive academic background in formal research methods, musicology, and the scientific study of the creative process itself as an art form - things to which Grimes is extremely relevant. What's your excuse for being obsessed with music-related things?

>It was mostly his vision.

Nope. Off the wall, thriller, and bad were all Quincy. Everything went to shit post-Quincy.

>Implying her best work is ahead of her

She's mentally unstable and unsuited for success. Her work will suffer (it already has).

We've seen her best work already.

>We've seen her best work already.
I highly, highly doubt it. AA was on par with Visions, if not better. She has a lot of potential in her to make lots of great albums.

I think she's pretty good myself but that's just patronizing, user. You just made some wild claim about her merit.

Yeah... the thing is, that seems to be pretty much the same thing people on the sidelines were saying before she released Darkbloom. And Visions. And Art Angels... And now whatever comes next, despite the fact that - in terms of every objective standard for measuring success available - she's on a constant, exponential trend upward.

Go read Mozart's archived private correspondences with his friends and family members where he talks about the trials and tribulations of wanting to produce mainstream accessible music that is also intellectually stimulating without the music elite in his time giving him shit for it. Then go read all of the Grimes interviews where she talks about her own struggles with attempting to do exactly the same thing with the music elite of today breathing down her back. If she keeps up with things the way she has just these past couple of years, you can bet that her name is gonna start coming up a lot in music history courses over the next 5-10 years or so.

Wasn't Art Angels meant to prove that she could create without the influence of drugs? Why does everyone forget that.

It's said that deep in the heart of Germany in cutting edge conservatories they have already incorporated her into the lesson plans...

>Wasn't Art Angels meant to prove that she could create without the influence of drugs?
Yes. As a matter of fact if you go and listen to the song Artangels itself, you will find in the outro section:
>I don’t need no medicine
>I’m high on adrenaline

Care to make a guess at what she's talking about?

>Why does everyone forget that.
Not everyone. Just the people who aren't paying very close attention.

Care to provide a source on that? Having said all this I know for a fact that this wasn't yet the case as of the beginning of 2013 or so.

Grimes is doing exactly what Mozart wanted to do and is able to create her masterpieces with high tech instruments, no need to command an orchestra. She is fully in control of her music.

Mozart would absolutely adore her if only he could see her. I will never understand why she's compared to Bjork and Kate Bush when she's much more kindred to the greats.

If she's making music into her November years, it will not surprise me if she's churning out works that are just as complex (and emotionally moving) as fine classical pieces, while retaining a smooth and sensual sound that is easy to get into.

Grimes is a musical treasure, and people who discount her as "just another pop star" are frankly ignorant of just what's being achieved.

It's only a rumor...

>Grimes is a musical treasure, and people who discount her as "just another pop star" are frankly ignorant of just what's being achieved.
That's right. They don't know what they're missing. Grimes is one of the most interesting artists ever.

Grimes makes music that it's catchy, emotional, layered, thought-provoking, weird, artistic, silly, fun, gloomy, sublime. She's no one trick pony like most artists. That's why she will regarded as a music legend in the future if she keeps making music.