DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why did he dance? I know the whole 'he was imitating his epileptic episodes' thing, but I think there must be more to it.

I see what you're saying. The jews somehow did it.

wow so funny

what do you want me to say, you sounded a little paranoid

im not sure

How come Ian Curtis' daughter is seemingly well adjusted while Kurt Cobain's is a bit nutty? Is it merely because Courtney Love was loony and Deborah wasn't?

Yes
>Courtney love
Literally crazy
>based debs
Normal homegrown lass

Courtney was smoking, drinking, and shooting heroin while pregnant

It's a miracle that she's just a "bit nutty"

Cobain also had a cult of personality and was a huge culture bomb at the time, Ian was a normal guy who kept to himself mostly, and just happened to be crippled with depression and epilepsy.

Did any of you guys read Peter Hook's book about the band? I'm working through it and Ian seems like a super cool guy

What's your favorite lyrics?

>Oh how I realized how I wanted time,
>Put into perspective, tried so hard to find,
>Just for one moment, thought I'd found my way.
>Destiny unfolded, I watched it slip away.

Ian Curtis' daughter didn't grow up surrounded by the same kind of media frenzy

I was going to say "It's because Kobain had hack genetics" but Curtis was also a talentless wanker so idk

pretty much everything from She's lost control.
ow you managed to call TWO famous musicians bad at the same time, golly gee you must be really cool and know a lot about music!

ive been waiting for a guy to cum all over my hand

>tfw the reason is Ian seems so miserable is because Kevin Cummings didn't want pictures of him smiling

Francis seems okay, especially with all things considered. I read an interview she did on Kurt and she seems to have a good perspective on him and his fame.

Oh you should ask her mother Courtney, only she would understand her.

those Candidate lyrics are fire

What's so good about Ian Curtis's lyrics?
I like them, but they don't seem like anything special - is it just a case of his suicide and JD's great music elevating him to a pedestal?

I want to like JD, I mean I like their instrumentations, but I can't get into Ian's voice. I dunno, it just seems a bit robotic. I've heard Shadow Play, Love Will Tear Us Apart, and Dead Souls. Where should I go from here? Is there anything to keep in mind while listening to get used to his voice? What's the reason behind it?

Francis seems pretty well-rounded for someone whose rockstar dad killed himself when she was a baby and ended up being raised by her nutjob, drug addict mother while the media circus watched.

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs

His lyrics were the furtherest from insincere or pretentious of bands from that post-punk scene.
These words were urgent, they actually felt important. They weren't like the smiths or something.

Listen to unknown pleasures I'd say.

Ian just sang baritone, it wasn't like he could change his voice that much. On Love Will Tear Us Apart, he wanted to sound like Frank Sinatra though.

>ow you managed to call TWO famous musicians bad at the same time, golly gee you must be really cool and know a lot about music!
drone detected

idk, I didn't like his voice at first, but it just grew on me.
I'd say listen to the album Unknown Pleasures next and the songs Transmission and Disorder (first song on UP and probably the one that first got me into the band)

Contrarian detected

is there a non shit quality version of this?

>This is why events unnerve me,
>They find it all, a different story,
>Notice whom for wheels are turning,
>Turn again and turn towards this time

He was a really honest lyricist. Anyone can just write sad lyrics, Ian managed to perfectly capture his own sadness, rather than just general sadness

yeah dude im so sorry that i don't like all the good, highly rated bands that you like. Truly I am a filthy contrarian for having my own opinions. Not like you, you have such good taste, because it's just like everyone else's.

Yeah, but I hardly think he belongs on "best lyricist" lists

I really don't get why it's so hard to look at old music from a historical perspective. Joy division came at a turning point in punk music, the old working class chump lyrics and attitude were being replaced with artsy intellectualism, and joy division ans especially Ian Curtis were groundbreakers for this more "deep" approach to lyric writing, without going full pretentious poetry like morrissey. At the time it was pretty unusual for a band billed as "punk" to stand still on stage and sing mopingly about sad stuff. These guys were formed after a sex pistols concert, remember

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE
DO THE RADIO DANCE
DO THE RADIO DANCE
DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE
DO THE RADIO DANCE
DO THE RADIO DANCE

You must be a professional baiter. What an honor.
I don't give a fuck if you like them or not, but saying they are shit just because they are popular is contrarian. It can be your opinion that they are bad to you, but stating that they are shit is not an opinion.

>He was a really honest lyricist.
I don't really get this from his lyrics really.
I generally love sad, personal lyrics, but his, while they sound nice don't do much for me.
Like, compare his to 4st 7lbs by the Manic Street Preachers (whose author also topped himself sometime shortly after its release) - that song hit me like a punch the first time I heard it, knowing none of the context behind it.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that none of Joy Division's lyrics ever really made me FEEL anything really.

FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING
FEEEELING