Concerts

Does Cred Forums go to concerts alone?
Is it because you don't have friends or because your friends don't want to go with you?
I typically go alone because my friends never want to go with me. I think it's nice being alone and being able to enjoy the music.

Similar thing here.

All the time, sadly.

I had friends who liked going to shows but they were more into the party scene than the actual music. They just wanted to do drugs all the time, they'd usually leave mid concert to get drunk or do something equally as stupid. Also they aren't very open minded when it comes to music, they only listen to stuff that's "cool".

Other group of friends (which are my real friends) don't leave their houses. Also way less open minded about everything, I can barely get them to try anything like a new restaurant with me.

You're never the only one who goes alone. Spot the other loner and talk to him or her. You will always make friends if you are willing to try.

>e other loner and tal
don't do this

I wish I had a gf or at least one friend who would get high as fuck and go to weird concerts with me.

>invite 10 different people who have hung out with you before to go see a free local show that is guaranteed to be fun
>only 2 people reply and neither of them can go

every single fucking time
it blows my mind that people can throw parties in this day and age with 5+ young people attending

yes because none of my "friends" like to go see shows. last time i dragged some of them along they complaining it was too loud and left in the middle and went to a bar instead.

I don't have any friends.
I don't go to shows.

I wish I wasn't so insecure. Maybe I could go and meet people.

Why

Well, sometimes you might meet some uld guy and you'll buy him some ciders and you do your bit for them. So that's ok, but there are some dangerous weirdos out there, be careful.

>you'll buy him some ciders
I'm trying to make friends, not fuck dudes.

I would smoke some dude weed and go to weird concerts with you senpai.

London?

I'm in a similar boat, kind of.

There are a lot of Grateful Dead tribute and jam bands that play in my area regularly so I'm always going to some sort of performance once a month or so.

They never want to go since they claim "the music sucks," even though they've never listened to them before. I've talked about them before and they claim the songs would be too long.
The only way I can get them to go is if I smoke with them. Like your friends, mine are never willing to try new things even though they bitch about doing the same thing every weekend.
They claim tickets are too expensive, but they're only $12 - $40, depending on who's playing. Most of the time they're about $15 yet they spend all their money on drugs and alcohol.

It's fine going alone, but it'd be nice to have some friends come along every now and then.

Who /Portland/ here and wants to see Porches on Tuesday ?

It's really obvious who the weirdos are. Just use common sense and you won't get killed.

well he ran out of money and his Mam whose 90 was in hospital and he was down from Belle Vue he said (I've never heard of it) so I felt for him really. He said thanks for the company and DESU was probably going to sleep in the station. I'd have been a bit of a cunt if I hadn't bought him a beer as well as myself wouldn't I.

Colorado :(

>going to concert with friend
>she bails on me an hour before throwing up and shit
>i bought her ticket for her ($~120)
>dude outside venue is asking if anyone has a spare ticket
>give dude the girl's ticket
>his face lights up with excitement
>looks like a kid on Christmas day
>offers me bag of weed way more than the value of the ticket
>decline
>talk a little bit
>see Mike later at concert after first set
>skipping and twirling around high as fuck

I'm sure I made Mike's night that night.
I've met some cool people at shows I've gone to, but you can't really talk to them when you're near the stage.

>declining more than $120's worth of weed
Either you misjudged how much weed was in there or you're a fucking fool

I dont share much of a music taste with any one of my friends so I mostly go on my todd. Sometimes if its someone my Dad likes he'll come. Doesn't bother me though. I'm mostly there for the music though so it doesn't bother me. Also even if its someone who would go with me most of the time they're half way across the country.

Fucking for real.

You should have at least smoked with him.

It was pretty big. I don't smoke so that's why I turned it down, but when I described it to my friends who do, they too thought I was retarded to decline it. I would guess it was about 1.5-2 oz of weed after my seeing my friend's ounce, which he paid $250 for, when they asked me to compare.

Going to Jesu / Sun Kil Moon next Monday. Unfortunately I'm going alone, but thankfully it's a sit-down show, so it won't be too awkward

I usually go alone, but my friends have been joining me more and more lately. It's nice going alone, I really prefer my own company over others.

I'm looking for concerts in Orlando (around the 407 area). I look it up and come up with some big concerts but I'm also looking for local bands and stuff. I'm into rock, metal but willing to try out new music. Anyone know any venues that offer this kind of thing?

Here's the kik because I'll probably forget to check for a reply.
NikC00
And I'll probably be going to concerts alone because my friends aren't into the same sort of music. Bunch of pussies really