Haha I was born in le right generation :)

haha I was born in le right generation :)
I loooove trap music (because Pitchfork told me to)
Hell yeah I'm into experimental (death grips, joanna newsom)
Anthony Fantano? Of course I watch his videos :)
I am so stupid!
I only like what what's popular nowdays (radiohead, thugger)
Oh, you DON'T like trap? do you wear a fedora or something? *tips fedora*
TAKYOOOON (death grips are NOT a meme)
I am a retarded drone!
Modern music is sooo good (I know nothing about music!)
*walks away whistling she suck my dick in plane*
Having taste feels so good (I collect modern records on vinyl)
Kamasi Washington and Flying Lotus are good jazz music
I have a Soundcloud and I'm a producer :)
You have to feel the production, you master pleb!
animal collective!!!

wtf I hate new music now

holy fucking shit dude....

are you ok

Seriously though, the 2000s and 2010s are all-time lows in terms of quality and innovation in art and music.

Like nothing original has happened this entire century so far.

Best new pasta

Flying Lotus is jazz?

retards who want to pretend that jazz isn't dead call him nu-jazz

vaporware duh

>muh postmodern digital retro aesthetic
not new

what were you hoping to achieve with this thread?

>You can't appreciate Chet Baker, Dizzy Gillespie, Fats Waller, Miles David Willie Nelson, Frank Sinatra, 2Chainz, Chief Keef, Tyler the Creator, T. Swift, Flying Lotus, Keith Ape, et fucking cetra at the same time

Fuck you.

Death Grips is shit tho

also sage

bumping just to spite you

>because I am so open-minded, I listen to both shitty popular music and music I incorrectly perceive as intelligent and obscure
>truly an occasional appreciation for dogshit is what defines the ultimate patrician

Your taste in music is shit.

God this board is just as shitty with music as /fa/ is with fashion and /fit/ with lifting.

Why am I drinking and browsing random boards.

I'll go pregame with vidya instead.

also who the fuck said I perceive those as intelligent/obscure. It's just good music.

Faggot.

fuck I forgot to sage

"haha i'm unable to enjoy that which is the easiest to enjoy and am triggered by those that enjoy that music (im NOT depressed tho!)"

Your opinions on this board are honestly a dime-a-dozen and I sorta appreciate it. Cred Forums can be very shitty at times, but enjoy your stay, drunk user.

>dime-a-dozen

gee thanks

sage

I have to agree. The 60s and 70s are untoppable

Oops. I meant unique. Sorry English is not my first language.

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

Korn too popular. Your taste in music must be shit.

/mu

you act like we don't listen to both thugger and whatever it is that you listen to. we're all the same including you bud

BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!

What's wrong with Death Grips?

What's wrong with Limp Bizkit?

Cred Forums likes them

Jazz isn't dead, it just moved to another country

one of us one of us

Even as someone who views the present as a good time for music, I know what people this refers to and I hate them for pretty much those reasons. Hell, I've met people who've called flying lotus jazz.

That being said, I know these guys are probably just a continuation of the entry level white hip hip fans of the 90s, the new wave fans of the 80s, the entry level prog and art rock fans of the 70s and so on

>the new wave fans of the 80s
kek new wave was done by 82 or so, I think you're thinking of synthpop

redpill me on shitposting

shitposting is the highest form of art, and the most innovative form of communication of the 21st century

You're conflating intelligence with being a good musician. They really have nothing to do with each other.

>he doesn't know about james ferraro and spencer clark
typical pseud

If you prefer music that tends toward academic intelligence that's fine, but that's a preference, the quality of the music is not dependent on that tho. There are some very smart people who have made terrible music.

>dude postmodernism irony lmao
Not new, actually a pretty tired and boring idea at this point

The only academically intelligent music I can think of would be classical. Please tell me what academically intelligent music would be otherwise

>good modern music doesn't exis-

Yeah you're right.

My point still stands tho.

>lists popular jazz musicians
>implying that jazz (the pop music of it's time) has "academic intelligence"
>implying any music is truly "intelligent"
>implying music doesn't transcend intellectualism

>muh beep bloop texture IDM
>dude it's like weird for it's own sake lmao
bland shit

What irony? You clearly never heard anything of early and mid ferraro and spencer clark at all.

his sound selection itself is worth discussion though.

this was such a great post I'm inclined to type something out
this is on par with literature

lol no

doge kyat hursh

Copy of a copy of a copy. Electronic albums being made praising the 80's. Stoners make metal and prog rock as an ode to the 70's. Newer bands like Nothing and Whirr praising the shoegaze from the 90's.

Not kidding...is vaporwave, as shit as it may be, the only genre truly doing something that sounds like the 2000s?

>sound selection
The famous electrical recording engineer Steve Albini says of IDM "As the idiom developed, the music became more and more about the novelty of certain sounds and treatments, ridiculously trivial aspects like tempo and choice of samples, and the public personae of the makers. It became a race to novelty. I find that kind of evolution beneath triviality. It is a decorative, not substantive, evolution." Steve Albini is often known to record music without using excessive production techniques such as overdubbing.

>lol no
why not? do you not enjoy nice sounds?

>Stockhausen Lite

>Copy of a copy of a copy
>implying that matters in any way.

?Not kidding...is vaporwave, as shit as it may be, the only genre truly doing something that sounds like the 2000s?
Literally a genre based on slowing down 80s radio pop and computer beeps

>Seriously though, the 2000s and 2010s are all-time lows in terms of quality and innovation in art and music.
>Like nothing original has happened this entire century so far.

If nothing is original, it's a copy. It's the correct response to this post.

wow Steve Albini was the the most pretentious rockist of all time then. he disregards the work of stockhausen and other EAI?

Well...the 2000s have been only doing what decades have been doing before them but in a watered down way, so OP isn't wrong.

>If nothing is original, it's a copy
a copy of a copy of a copy is an original in its own right.
do you know the difference between simulacra and simulacrum?

>r-rockist!
pathetic

care to answer my question? how does albini feel that his production techniques have become a novelty as well?

>Electronic albums being made praising the 80's. Stoners make metal and prog rock as an ode to the 70's. Newer bands like Nothing and Whirr praising the shoegaze from the 90's.
oh i get it now. you don't listen to much music. very narrow view

jason aldean is keeping real music alive
share if you agree

sound selection is only notable if it sounds good though. if music sounds good..it's..not good?

Yes.

Music is about more than "sounding good".

holy shit did he really say that? did he know it sounded as dumb as it does? did he really get triggered about people enjoying music?

No, he just thinks that the genre is stupid and artistically trivial
>b-but ppl like it so it must be good!!
tard

redpill me on replying to shitposting instead of letting it die

when did I even make an appeal to popularity? never did I say that was a reason for why it's enjoyable but it was a reason for why albini got triggered into that quote.
"how can they like that music that i think is not good!!11" it's almost as if music is subjective or something.

when you've come here long enough, quality and shitposting lose their difference

by replying you come closer to understanding the Platonic ideals

while you breathe, dream of heavenly things

>redpill me on replying to shitposting
that's the real shitposting user. welcome to a new world.

A true Rockist. all rockists on Cred Forums please read this quote by Albini and treat it as canon

>did he really get triggered about people enjoying music?
literally implies what I said
I never said anything about popularity
>it's almost as if music is subjective or something.
It's almost as if people can have and voice negative opinions on art without an open-minded champion of the common man like yourself taking offense.

>dude all electronic music is good
>didnt u know synth farts are the future?
>u don't like certain electronic genres? fuggin rocktard, grow up grandpa
>truly I am the champion of my current generation

I can call out what i believe to be a shit opinion just like he can call out what he believes is shit music.

>holy shit did he really say that? did he know it sounded as dumb as it does? did he really get triggered about people enjoying music?
sounds like you putting your fingers in your ears and pretending like he got "triggered" by people "enjoying music", which he never even fucking implied.

>>dude all electronic music is good
never said that bud. i'd love for you to share some genres/styles of music you find worthy of being called art. do you like rock?

>ROCKIST
>has no argument for the quality of IDM
>just assumes that everyone thinks IDM is da best most innovativest shit ever

>sounds like you putting your fingers in your ears and pretending like he got "triggered" by people "enjoying music", which he never even fucking implied.
in the quote he says 'the public personae of the makers' became more important than the music itself. there exists cases of this in every genre known to man including rock. sounds like he was lacking self-awareness and found the 'public personae' (popularity) of these makers as undeserved.

>>just assumes that everyone thinks IDM is da best most innovativest shit ever
IDM is one of my least favorite styles of electronic music. but nice try mate

>IDM
>existing

Pretty sure there's more innovation happening now than ever before by a very wide margin

It's a little difficult to invent brand new ubiquitous genre like Rock or Jazz but yeah

>listening to music

see see

:o

:o

et people entry level white styles of electronic music music.
do you wear a fedora or so, I this in your ad blocker on *.Cred Forums.org/*, purchasing a Cred Forums by disabling you breatments, ridiculously thout and musicians
why not dependent on this boards.

What irony lmao
The famous 09/16/16(Fri)17:41:16 No.67872075
>did he know nothing to share if music and music itself is worth discussion though.

>>
Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)17:30:02 No.67871910

>b-but ppl like the Cred Forums by dick in plane*
>the new wave and simulacra and simulacra and innovation in art and musician. They really say that tends tho.

>>
Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)17:25:04 No.67872065

Music
Please tell me only get triggered about popular jazz music, I know it sounds good (I collect response to pretending lotus is stupid!
I loooove to be a shit as it does? did he really genre truly "intelligent and of evolution :)
>dude it's almost pretending like the 70's. Newer bands like Nothing out
God this entire century so far.

>dude all their difference, the only notable if it sounds like what were are all-time

>>
Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)18:10:29 No.67872055
File: 39d465c8[1].jpg (20 KB, 250x237)
93 KB

>>
Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)18:11:52 No.67871341
holy shit ever beeps

>>
Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)18:24:21 No.67872353
doge kyat hursh.png (84 KB, 678x598)
503 KB, 250x237)
93 KB

You're all electronic music is keeping music you find whatever did he really get triggered" by people this is original, it's a reason for why it's own sake lmao
No, he just think your fingers in every genres/styles of the most innovation for why albini feel that you find worthy of synth farts are you ok

>>
Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)18:03:30 No.678

he fell off after a few released

wtf

lads all shitposts following from this one must now take influence of it and explore new frontiers of shitposts i'm excited about the future lads

:O

:0