Nirvana Lyrics

This thread is for discussing interpretation of Nirvana lyrics.

If you have some thoughts on a verse or chorus please cite the lyrics and your view to discuss.

Serious interpretation only please!

Ill start

Smells Like Teen Spirit
3rd Verse, Chorus and Outro

>and I forget, just why I taste...oh yeah I guess it makes me smile (he likes heroin, it makes him feel good)
>I found it hard (heroin is a hard drug)
>Its hard to find (its also tough to locate good heroin)
>Oh well whatever Nevermind (you probably dont care, why would you)
>Hello hello hello how low (hes now high slurring speech/delayed speech

>With the lights out, its less dangerous. Here we are now. Entertain us. (Hes with some people at a dealers house about to get the needle (entertained and then nod out))
>I feel stupid...and contagious he we are now entertain us (he feels dumb hes gotten hooked)
>A mulatto...An albino! (Codename types of heroin, afghan brown, china white
>A mosquito (the needle prick)
>My libido (opiates inhibit libido)

>Ah denial! Ahhh deny all (im not an addict, this feels better than anything. Deny other things for a taste)

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/news/krist-novoselic-on-kurts-writing-process-and-the-in-utero-aesthetic-20131003
youtube.com/watch?v=A0IhuHucAc4&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=A118JoSlxDY&itct=CAkQpDAYBCITCNjLjrOxlc8CFVSuHAodDEsM5zIHcmVsYXRlZEjOg_Dch7eIoQM=&app=desktop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't Kurt cobain specifically state that his lyrics have no meaning? This is a really gay thread btw

There's nothing to interpret. The man was a hapless, lying junkie.

END IT SOMEDAY

WHATS THAT SOUND

kek he literally wrote the lyrics 15 minutes before recording

nice try though

why does he try so hard to look like a kewl 70s rock critic

people put too much thought into lyrics. He even said he just put words together that fit the vocal melody

Great discussion points. Go shitpost in death grips thread

I don't like Death Grips. Also all points made in this thread thus far have been valid and true

its the truth senpai, you're reading too deeply into things that are shallow. you got called out for a shit thread and you're mad

There's nothing to be interpreted, Alice in Chains had more in-depth lyrics despite being written off as "edgy".

no source on any of this, just because you,ve been memed into thinking this does not make it true nor credible. (thats where you belond BTW)

its a few degenerate opinions not cited anywhere on the internet. You can't think for yourself so you resort to shitposting. Congrats! Lit

There is 4 albums worth. Alice in chains had great lyrics you are right, the difference is they were more direct and confrontational with their words, and I dont consider them "written off as edgy" its Layne and the bands true feelings and I doubt they tried to be edgy, its just the product of their creation.

>meat eating orchids forgive no one just yet
I've always liked this lyric. Orchids famously resemble vaginas and saying they're "meat eating" insinuates fucking.
Also
>cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath
shows how fragile he is.

>its a few degenerate opinions not cited anywhere on the internet. You can't think for yourself so you resort to shitposting. Congrats! Lit

So you are the grand authority on what is and isn't degenerate? Just because you don't like someone disagreeing with you doesn't make it a 'degenerate' opinion.

rollingstone.com/music/news/krist-novoselic-on-kurts-writing-process-and-the-in-utero-aesthetic-20131003
>He would usually write the lyrics at the last minute. But he was so good at vocal phrasing [in rehearsals]. And voilà – you have a song.

One of his band mates even said it, so yes it is cited. Obviously I can think for myself more than you. You decide to tune anything out that you don't like, akin to a toddler putting fingers in ears and screaming

rekt

youtube.com/watch?v=A0IhuHucAc4&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=A118JoSlxDY&itct=CAkQpDAYBCITCNjLjrOxlc8CFVSuHAodDEsM5zIHcmVsYXRlZEjOg_Dch7eIoQM=&app=desktop

I don't even like death grips. They can be lumped with Nirvana in the "glorified nu metal" heap of shit

OP proven to be a dumb cunt

Krist has also said in the Montage documentary"The message he left was in the music, its so obvious now that hes gone what he meant. Im not even going to say what they are, but its all there."
You decide to go in a thread specifically to talk shit, and you dont consider yourself a degenerate shitposter? Amazing.
>He would usually write the lyrics at the last minute. But he was so good at vocal phrasing [in rehearsals]. And voilà – you have a song.
Yes his method was to write lyrics after songs where written.
So you really think he topped everything at the time with Nevermind by accident? Maybe you can think for yourself more than me but degenerate bashing like you are exhibiting contributes nothing of purpose and you should consider buying a gun to end your "thought process".

I've seen these obviously. On In Utero it was more of this poetry and non-personal story telling which he admitted he did not want it to be a personal album. So he says the lyrics just came out of him, and he had to find his own interpretation of their meaning.
Isn't that how most artists write songs, you have to think up lyrics and their personal meaning to you?

This thread is for your own opinion on what his lyrics mean.
Just because you can't give an interpretation of your own, you resort to a few tidbits where he is obviously avoiding giving his own meaning to what his lyrics mean to get fans top interperet the music for themselves.
It would be like buying a game and playing with a walk through open.

The music is for himself mostly, but also largely for the fans so to deprive them of what the music might mean to them is absurd.

More shitposting, wow!

All you people fall within the song "In Bloom" yet i'm sure you're still having trouble with that one!

I agree user, some very graphic substance in Heart shaped box, especially eating the cancer, it really shows how savage yet fragile he is

Mulatto Albino Mosquito = Krist Kurt Dave

I thought this was common knowledge

I have 3 questions.

1. How is Krist a mulatto?
2. How is Kurt an Albino?
3. How is Dave a mosquito?

>Krist has also said in the Montage documentary"The message he left was in the music, its so obvious now that hes gone what he meant. Im not even going to say what they are, but its all there."
So Krist is known to have said he made most lyrics up, not to mention straight from Cobain's mouth he claims lyrics mean nothing

>So you really think he topped everything at the time with Nevermind by accident?
People like the music, lyrics are irrelevant because people find mean in meaninglessness.

>You decide to go in a thread specifically to talk shit, and you dont consider yourself a degenerate shitposter? Amazing.
>degenerate bashing like you are exhibiting contributes nothing of purpose
You started a thread to talk about Nirvana lyrics. People ITT have claimed they mean nothing, not to be malicious but because the ACTUAL WRITER OF THE LYRICS and his close friends claim they mean nothing. We are actually contributing to the discussion. You are now assblasted and upset.

No one said it made sense. It's just how Kurt writes. Here we are now, entertain us then he name checks the band. I swear I read somewhere that he said this.

You choose to make the lyrics irrelevant. A lot of people can find meaning in the lyrics,

"So Krist is known to have said he made most lyrics up, not to mention straight from Cobain's mouth he claims lyrics mean nothing" Kurts also on mtv when asked about the lyrics saying
"Its all in the music man, its all in the meat, and when pressured about interpretation he said 'I want to hear what the fans think it means"
So he is contradicting himself from these 2 polar opposite quotes, and also contradicted himself in his own lyrics on In Utero.
So he is known to actually contradict himself in his own music, you dont think he could do that in an interview too.

Its your choice to pass them off as irrelevant, you could continue doing that or try to dissect what your listening to instead of basically ignoring his lyrical content. You arenèt benefiting yourself in any way

It is true you are 'actually contributing to the discussion" yet in a very negative light and not the way I asked.
I said to post specific lyrics and give your meaning, you have not done that and are afraid to do so because you might find meaning yourself.....So dont post again unless you have lyrics and why you specifically think they mean nothing to YOU....

Pennyroyal Tea tho. That's pretty fucking direct.

Yes it is. I've read its one of Kurts favorite songs that he wrote along with Drain You.
Except do you actually think he drank Pennyroyal?

You started this thread to discuss Nirvana's lyrics, we choose to talk about how Kurt wrote them with no meaning, not what specific lyrics mean to us. We aren't here to derail just to discuss it. You can't tell us what we can and can't discuss.

You started this thread to discuss Nirvana interpretations, you never said 'what you interpret them to mean for you', so of course we will say Kurt wrote them with no meaning when a lot of credible sources state this claim. If you can't handle discussion then fuck off back to your safe space

>you never said 'what you interpret them to mean for you

Did you read the second line?

>If you have some thoughts on a verse or chorus please cite the lyrics and your view to discuss.

If your not a fan and can't even cite a set of lyrics then fuck off out of this thread.

You've said the same thing 3 times now yet you can't stay on topic of what the thread asked and is intended for. AKA (degenerate shitposting)

So read the original post again before claiming your not derailing the threads original intention.

If you can't cite some lyrics instead of south park memes and old quotes from an artist who hated media and attention then go drag your face in glass

op is probably pretty bummed now you guys

nah dude just annoyed and this onslaught of shit flinging.

It shows insight to why Kurt killed himself over people like this

>RAPE ME AGAIN
What did he mean by this?

Floyd the barber

>Did you read the second line?
Yes, you ask for people to interpret the meaning of Kurt's lyrics, myself and other anons told you he wrote them with no meaning and then you got butthurt and upset claiming its malicious derailment.

Do you have dementia? Do you forget what you even wrote in your own OP?

My take on it is he is discussing his personal relationship with the Creator.
He feels abused and betrayed by him given his personal struggles with depression, family, drug abuse, and physical health. Finally he accepts its out of his control and eventually begins to realize that this is what the Creator wants for him.

This is in itself completely devastating that the Creator possibly made Kurt, possibly by chance is screaming to be raped

Maybe you have brain damage or failed reading comprehension

For the 3rd time
>If you have some thoughts on a verse or chorus please cite the lyrics and your view to discuss.

Go fuck yourself bitch

Give up dude OP is confirmed 12 year old

You have to be trolling at this point, you started this thread to discuss Nirvana lyrics.People told you Kurt wrote them with no intended meaning (and provided credible sources backing this claim). You got butthurt and started saying everyone was shitposting.

You are either retarded or trolling, probably the latter

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>means nothing fling fling means nothing

Whats the point
?

Do you have a point other than you have no point?

My point of you have no point. Your point is you have no point. So without repeating yourself another 10 times whats your point on Kurts point that he has no point?

being this mad you have to samefag 3 times. people responded to your thread and you got upset, thats all there is to it m8

I pointed them to a point a made about a point. You pointed about a point that he had no point and that the point he didnt have a point was because he had no point. No your pointing to my points about your pointless points of having no point. If there is indeed no point to Kurt having no point to his points then what exactly is the point of that? Do you see my point or do you even have a point against my point.

Simple question.

He's right though OP. Kurt said that his lyrics, especially on Bleach and Nevermind, didn't really have too much meaning to them. He was more concerned with the music. Hell he even said he was finishing the lyrics for songs on Bleach on the car ride to the studio.

On In Utero I think he started putting more focus on the lyrics though since he was in the spotlight and new faggots were trying to interpret his meanings and shit.

But yeah, it's also something middle schoolers do at the lunch table.

Good non point you pointless, pointless pointing pointer

So do you think his point of making all these records was that he had no point to make? Or do you see his "pointless" points as only serving as a point that he had no point to make. Why even make the points in the first place?

I think he was smart enough to know that music is more important than lyrics and that you can write rambling nonsense and still have people praise you as a genius.

why does it upset you that he wrote the lyrics with no meaning?

This whole point that he was trying to make a point with his points is dumb. Without the points in his songs we wouldnt be discussing the points he did or did not intend to make. But the very fact he stated these points prove there was a point in him pointing them out.

I don't know if you're attempting trolling or humor or if you're just autistic. But you're doing a bad job at all three so I'd give it a rest.

its pretty pathetic, Op in damage control after making a shit thread

Why cant you figure out that even if he claims he made pointless points he still made a variety of points in doing so which contradicts his own statement

Im still waiting to hear a point of why he made pointless points.

we cant ask him he's dead but we can extrapolate from his bandmates

Its probably because he didn't care what the words meant and just needed to add it lyrics. Its pretty simple..

So all of his points are moot because they where pointless?

You might actually have a point. Then again I dont really see the point in your points

No one is saying the words can't have a personal meaning to you. You love the word point so much but too bad the point went over your head