Jumpscares in music

The only example I know is Ondskapt - Witch. The track drones on and on for a few minutes and abruptly ends with a super-loud scream.

Any other examples?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S5j8SRuAEvI
youtube.com/watch?v=a7Y4oZ_5XO4
youtube.com/watch?v=AuHfAqz3TFY
youtube.com/watch?v=pm8zsLT29tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xpV6dZDe_4c
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScareChord
youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc
youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ0_uWjMfk
youtube.com/watch?v=i4eGSfcpcHI
youtube.com/watch?v=jrHQ0-Sz6Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=t9TAiO4O69g
youtube.com/watch?v=h6rjoEww3Eg
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxZkNjKsic
youtube.com/watch?v=LgNf1LIa68Y
youtu.be/AxgvkzFVnNQ?t=2m48s
youtube.com/watch?v=T5NZqe29H_g
youtu.be/1RywXBEggds
youtube.com/watch?v=P8ByFVkDPjA
youtube.com/watch?v=7-A6GMgbjSc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCT7TsTWK-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Beatles - A day in the life

Not really a jump scare but the sudden switch in Waking The Witch freaked me out the first time I heard it.

Tchaikovsky's 6th

Kevin Drumm - Imperial Distortion
Ambient album with 2 seconds of harsh noise in the end

Frankie Teardrop obviously

Do you mean the part and the end where it starts to loop? That scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

You know it will happen but the timing gets you by surprise the first time.

youtu.be/S5j8SRuAEvI

that fucking haunted me

the drums on its all nice on ice alright

I swear I can never nail down when they're gonna come in

It's awesome but I always jump

Mr.Bungle - ma meeshka mow skwoz

The Firebird Suite by Igor Stravinsky.

youtube.com/watch?v=a7Y4oZ_5XO4

from the thumb I thought that was Hillary

>Sexy woman makes a le sexi album cover and a solo Pop album.
Dear god when will this meme stop?

some kevin drumm albums
a lot of eai and onkyo

>talking shit on queen Kate
>le

What the fuck? How is it possible to be this new?

This

also

youtube.com/watch?v=AuHfAqz3TFY

Though almost every song on The Drift has a jumpscare

Let me tell you there is nothing new about a woman making a solo Pop album and trying to look sexy on the front cover.

A matter of fact, I dont know if I ever noticed this before, but it looks like Devin Townsend even parodied that idea on his Infinity front cover.

shouldn't in be jumpsounds

The point of the Le is that those Pop artists look like they are bandwagoning as bad as 9gag.

>bandwagoning as bad as 9gag.
What a nuanced understanding of the history of pop culture, I bet you have been thinking it over for a long time.

No I thought of that in two seconds

what is wrong with you?

That's as far as your mental capacity can take you huh

Geez you guys seem triggered. What if most of the rap albums men made looked just like the front cover of Thriller?

Can't handle the bantz and going for the "wow you guys seem mad xD" approach now?

no I'm triggered by the fact that you don't seem capable of typing cohesive sentences.

/intl/ detected
SAGE
HIDE

Typical cuck response desu

...And I guess you can't capitalize N in No, and add a comma, you know, if you want to nit pick.

Your a piece of shit.

Then it wouldn't be Thriller's problem.
Likewise, it ain't Kate Bush's fault that every female pop artist in the past 20 years wants to copy her.

No shit it wouldn't be Thrillers problem, the problem would be that it would be one of hundreds of solo Male artists trying to look sexy on there front cover, which basically just your normal model photo, like Woman do a lot more. It seems to me.

I am talking hypothetically, in reference in to Female Solo Pop artists.

the way you write is fucking insufferable.

SHOULD WE SHOOOOOUT

SHOULD WE SCREEEEAM

WHAT HAPPENED

TO THE POST-WAR DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM

Yeah just a few words left out by accident, yep. I am sure you could live with yourself now, I am sure people really like you and how you like to correct their writing without asking...

Who cares honestly. It only becomes a problem when it's boring (see Swift's first three albums). But most mainstream music album covers are boring. I see no problems with Bush's album covers and I think The Dreaming's and Hounds of Love's covers are tastefully done.

AND NOW I JUST SIT IN SILENCE

Yeah but she really ended up doing the same bullshit. I haven't heard the music however.

It has nothing to do with your grammar you fucking faggot.

we are th- REALLY ANXIOUS AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Not really. The last studio album where she's in the album cover is in 1989 and even then, her first three albums she's either heavily stylized or in the background somewhere. It's all about taste.

At the end of things beyond things there's silence for about 10 secs then a ear piercing scream

youtube.com/watch?v=pm8zsLT29tQ

It could mean grammar. But your posts have pretty coarse language, that makes it pretty insufferable for people to read.

another black metal one is Deathspell Omega's Carnal Malefactor after the comparatively muted, droning chant section, the main riff makes a reprisal and it's one of my favorite moments in the genre
Drumm likes this trope apparently

Another one is the black metal section thrown into pic related, I did a musical double take and had to cross reference that the source wasn't trolling me

you have no place commenting on music you haven't listened to. obviously you know nothing about kate bush, and how she pre-dates and outclasses every female pop musician that you're comparing her to in your mind.

seriously

>sees cover art that i've never seen before
>of artist i've never heard of and know nothing about
>feel compelled for some reason to make a comment

scared the fucking bejesus out of me the first time I heard it. Now it just annoys me to the point violent impulse. 10/10 album though.

Your wrong, I was commenting only on the front cover. However, my mistake, I wasn't aware that she was an older artist.

Don't feel too bad, most of Cred Forums talks trash about things they know nothing about. You're only one log of shit in a sea of poop.

This one is trippy. Each track prior to that has some sense of darkness to them, but still nice classical stuff. Then BAM your eardrums explode.

The only one I feel like mentioning is Good Intentions by My Morning Jacket, which comes after Touch Me I'm Going to Scream part II:

youtube.com/watch?v=xpV6dZDe_4c

Also, not to be that guy, but TvTropes has pages and pages full of this shit.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScareChord

There's also a scare chord at the end of Piggies.

youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc

That loud shriek in the middle of The Deal

Don't Play Cards With Satan by Daniel Johnston.

The Cure - Subway Song

The one on Giles Corey - No One Is Ever Going to Want me is terrifying and beautiful. Similarly, on the Hinterkaifeck EP, Guilt is My Boyfriend has an unexpected and numbing drone section.

Scott Walker - The drift has multiple

youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ0_uWjMfk

STEP IIIIINSIIIIIIIIDDEEE

ANYWAY

most of this is jumpscares. it starts with a jumpscare

The end of one of these disks where Michael's wrapping up and saying thanks and then out of nowhere is an ungodly scream

Untitled lmaoooo

samurai sword scared me after almost felling asleep listening to the 20 tracks before it

The "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!???" part near the end of Luca by "Brand New" scared the shit out of me the first two or so times i listened to that album.

Shit i thought i was the only one. I always stop it now before that part so i don't have to hear it.

I'm too scared to listen to that song specifically because of that.

Mogwai - Like Harold

twitched twice

Pt. 2

christ imagine being this much of a cunt

>>>/reddit/

Lot's of hidden tracks from when cd's were a thing are like this. youtube.com/watch?v=i4eGSfcpcHI comes after like 4 minutes of silence on the last track. just long enough that if you had put on the cd and then sat down to do something you could not realize what's happening and shit your fucking pants.

Current 93 - Moons at your door

Too Much Money by John Maus, he starts screaming and I honestly can't listen to it. It makes me nervous

came to say this. it's Herod though sorry.

Sonic Youth - Freezer Burn

youtube.com/watch?v=jrHQ0-Sz6Mg

The end of sinus terrified me the first time i heard it
youtube.com/watch?v=t9TAiO4O69g

ITT: Pussies

Uncontrolled reactions to sudden loud noises sure are for pussies

scared me more than any jumpscare in anything ever the first time, now I know its probably intentionally funny

Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz

>not the beginning of Hypogirl

Transition between Public and Scapegoat on Cruise.

you are a pleb if you even give a shit about album art. listen to the shit and let it speak for itself and if you don't then you clearly don't care about music

That random gunshot or loud noise whatever it is

Um

Kek roger waters is a walking jumpscare

Poledo

Yeah, the first time I heard Luca I jumped off my chair

The transition between Irresistible and Sunbather
There are a couple on the new Gerogerigegege album.

I wanna feel I wanna feel I wanna feel I wanna feel I wanna feel... Gets me everytime I love this song!

youtube.com/watch?v=h6rjoEww3Eg

You've been warned.

Not him, but album art is pretty important and not pleb at all. Having good taste in album art is patrician af and what he's complaining about completely makes sense.

I think it makes sense to have sexy woman looking sexy on pop music covers, but then you get to more experimental stuff and art pop where they still appear on their cover art and it's just cancer. It's like ugly women don't make music, or women always try to fill the exact same roles in music.

If you're an artist you should care about the art on your album and how it represents you, and having women all with homogeneous album art is terrible.

That's on Capitel II on Bergtatt, I think.

the scream at the end of
And All You Can Do Is Laugh (1)

came here to post this.
I hate how it puts you in such a lull with that beat then immediately jolts you out of it,
still the best song on the compilation tho.

Nah it's April and the phantom

youtube.com/watch?v=fXxZkNjKsic
Near the end

the end of lividity by melvins

youtube.com/watch?v=LgNf1LIa68Y

5:08

fuck you Jamie Stewart.

the bass harmonica in "I Know There's An Answer" always gets me because its so much louder than the rest of the album...

youtu.be/AxgvkzFVnNQ?t=2m48s

SWEETLY

Dunno if these have been posted but the couple that spring to mind:

Brand New - Daisy. The first track always scares the shit out of me.

MBV - Loveless. The drone-ey outro from To Here Knows When that sends you into a trance like state then out of nowhere When You Sleep kicks in. Nice.

lol

Fuck off faggot.

Watain - Sleepless Evil
"Now you know why they are afraid of the dark..."
BLLLLEEEUUUUUGGGGHHHHSSSSSHHHHSHHHHS!!!

Right, and yet my comments you replied to completely made sense. Idiot.

New? You know that album came out in the 80s right?

I already addressed that, and don't you think that was more of a generalized statement I made?
>there is nothing new about a woman making a solo Pop album and trying to look sexy on the front cover.

the first song on Pig Destroyer's Terrifyer

is that the world's loudest orgasm

Current 93 and Throbbing Gristle have a lot of those.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5NZqe29H_g

The screams in Peking O by Can

The end of Equus October by Earthless. Ruins an otherwise enjoyable song.
youtu.be/1RywXBEggds

When the guitar drops in in Holy Diver.

youtube.com/watch?v=P8ByFVkDPjA this one always makes me jump

The "YEAH!" in Sowing Season made me jump the first time I listened to it.

Reminder that jumpscares are a cardinal sin no matter the medium and should be discouraged

Fleece, Crystal Castles

There are better examples from that same album

THIS
I wasn't expecting it at all
Thought the cd was scratched or something

>le jumpscares are bad meme

youtube.com/watch?v=7-A6GMgbjSc

Oh Well then... MY heart almost skipped a beat.

HE'S NOT

Fuck it feels like one of your siblings or friends fucking with you. I expected another jumpscare at the very end.

Unintentional, but in Mal Waldron's The Seagulls of Kristiansund, a perfectly mellow recording gets slammed with some errant percussion a little too loudly and it made me (and the musicians) jump.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCT7TsTWK-E

I distinctly remember years closing my eyes and listening to To Be Kind for the first time two years ago, and I was really into it and soon as the laughing happened on just a little boy, I pretty much pissed myself.

The same thing happened the first time I heard Helpless Child, and the first massive drum hit happened.

The beginning of one lick less.

what the fuck

When the drums hit in dance yrself clean

one and only.