Help My Bass

one of these things are missing off my bass. what are they called and can I buy another one?

its called a head fork

they dont sell them on retail you're gonna have to buy a new bass

not even just the plastic piece that twists? that's all that fell off

Hello? Do I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about?

the fork's fucked dude you have to get a new bass.

Head forks are irreplaceable, dude. How the fuck did you even break it?

I had to buy a whole new keyboard for a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop when one of the keys broke.

fuuuuuuck my life
this is what I get for letting other people play it, I don't even know what happened

They're called tuning keys and they're replaceable.

What about the Thinkpad keyboard? Couldn't they service just one of the keys?

FUCKING THANK YOU

it's just for tuning you don't need to buy a new one

what the fuck, they are not, why would you lie to him, those are called head forks

They're called tuning pegs, don't listen to these guys.

Also machine head.

>lying to people

nice

Please do everybody a favor, take this as a sign and stop playing bass, user.

shutup faggot

He sounds like he's joking but he's not. Tuning keys are strictly for small string instruments. A large, presumably, electric bass would not make use of these. The head fork is measured and installed by a process known as "tonal printing." I think. This means that when the individual instrument is created, machines, or a talented person if you're buying a quality instrument, carefully makes a head fork by testing different sounds. The reason you can't replace these is because the forks are entirely dependent on the body, specifically the individual sections of wood which varies in each instrument. Not only do these adjust how your strings sound, but how much tension is between the string and the instrument. You could try to install one from a junk bass, but chances are it wood cause the wood to slowly crack or, best case, regularly break your strings.

Liar.

This is pasta

These guys tell the truth. If you've plugged your bass into an amp with the missing head fork, you may need a new amp too