>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

southernmusic.com.au/collections/electric-guitars
vocaroo.com/i/s03srIKqW5tk
gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-Pittsburgh-Electric-Guitar-Transparent-Blue/TTR
youtube.com/watch?v=8Dves-Moj28
dawsons.co.uk/gibson-2016-les-paul-studio-faded-t-electric-guitar?prod=107678&gclid=CJOAl6Xzls8CFWgz0wod3HwIFw
bax-shop.co.uk/electric-guitars/ibanez-rgaix6fm-tgf-iron-label-transparent-gray-flat?gclid=CMPWy8Tzls8CFUefGwoduf4Gpw
gametabs.net/nier/song-ancients-devola-0
strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-uppsala-internationella-guitar-festival-competition-2016/?contest=contest-condition
vocaroo.com/i/s1eZCxLgQmEv
mediafire.com/download/sayviwqxfcxfjon/Bass Method - Books I, II & III (Hal Leonard).pdf
clyp.it/xei2fqfx
m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLGUYycTTbXTK1zY0S_r06k57PGYvZ6Fj
youtube.com/watch?v=TNCTORr5RH4
youtube.com/watch?v=jidxYi1Ccwc
youtube.com/watch?v=17UQu85H-Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=jIfPEVyPTsY
youtube.com/watch?v=IKBsfobYNW4
youtube.com/watch?v=dP5d9FdUiMs
youtube.com/watch?v=mZ6HKrFFM_4
youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k
clyp.it/fnqe03nr
vocaroo.com/i/s1Ha5FLuVpyn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>and other stringed instruments

Don't wanna trigger any mandola or uke players

A couple quick questions from someone looking to start playing

Electric or Acoustic for a beginner?

How much should I spend on my first guitar?

I cannot fucking believe that not only do guitar manufacturers still make guitars with three saddle bridges but that people also actually prefer them.

What you wanna play senpai?

Electric. $300 at most. Get a made in Mexico fender

I want to play electric but I am not sure if I should start on it because some people I knew who have played guitar for years told me different things about what to start on
I checked my closest music stores website and this is their catalogue for electric guitars
southernmusic.com.au/collections/electric-guitars

And don't forget to buy a decent amp. I'd go with a Fender Mustang modelling amp. It's not too expensive and makes you kinda know what pedals you're gonna want to invest in the future.

Electric is perhaps more complex getting setup gear wise but physically easier to play for a beginner.

I was in this thread yesterday

Ive been playing for 12 years now.. Have owned a good amount of guitars.. Old charvels, jacksons, dillions ect.

I write and record my own music mostly not interested in learning a lot of covers.
My main style is folk music, acoustic black metal, alternative and blues.

I run my guitars through a line 6 spider 3 with hundreds of custom sounds and a harmonizer pedal.

My big 3 guitar inspirations are randy rhoads, cliff burton, dimebag.

I respect all sorts of guitarists and different genres. Mutual respect towards any musician.

I have a good following on instagram and post music daily.

I also own a bass but its not in pic related.

Love ya guys

Check your local Craigslist first. Or Buy on reverb. There's more selection an better prices

I have an old ass peavey amp from like the late 70s maybe early 80s I got from my uncle. How do I tell if it solid state or tube? Also redpoll me on each design choice

>line 6
>dimebag
every fucking time without fault

look inside of it
if there's tubes it's tubes
if there's no tubes its not tube
tough work

Are you able to look inside it?

>electric or acoustic
i hate this meme
anyways, since its your first time, money always seems to be the main issue
a cheap acoustic (cheap wood weak tuners etc.) won't do you good, and neither will a cheap electric (cheap electronics bad setup etc.)
but you also don't want to spend $1000+ and end up not liking or playing much. so get a used medium tier electric, or save up for a decent acoustic. imo go for the electric because you can play more genres of music than an acoustic.

Nothing on Craigslist at all for Australian musical instruments besides a drum kit, and I don't have a credit card for reverb. I checked gumtree which is sorta like Craigslist but I don't really trust things like that.

Also, how much should I spend on my first guitar?

Does anyone have any experience with DD-500? Is it possible to dial in a stereo ping pong delay with it?

wew lad thanks

no not right now

I think $200-$300 is a good range. Unless you don't have that kind of dosh to spend.

I have more than that on hand at the moment so I am fine there, however I still really don't know what to get as the nearest music store only has Squire's and a couple Ibanez in that price range and I don't know about the quality of those guitars

if they're GIO Ibanezes, don't even think about buying them.
also since you're australian, prices are going to be much worse than anywhere else

those are trash, some will argue that they are great for beginner, pretty decent etc. etc. you gotta remember most of those guys have a music store and they are trying to sell that crap. like i said in my earlier post, get a mid tier used electric or a decent acoustic

I'm not sure I'd trust low end Ibanez, there are some good Squires though.

it's so ridiculous. everyone always says 'but muh brass saddle sound'

just get a fucking six piece brass saddle set so you can get accurate intonation and still get the 'brass' sound

I see what you did there

Are Epiphone guitars any good? cause I checked online and there is another couple music stores within an hours drive and one of them has a greater selection of guitars around my budget price with a couple Epiphone's within range.

If you want to play electric, just start on electric. I don't think there should be such a big debate about which to start on. I started on electric, but can proficiently play electric and acoustic a few years down the road. The theory that you apply to learning electric will still lend itself over to the acoustic once you're ready to make the switch. It's just the manner in which you play them that is different

THIS
FUCKING
CUNT

I'd always recommend electric. The initial playing stages are difficult, so having something loud to make a noise on will be far more satisfying than an acoustic, which can help you persevere.

They can be, their LP's are actually sometimes better than Gibsons as the necks aren't so horribly fragile.

For a first timer, go second-hand. You can get something pretty decent for not much money, and you won't have the intonation problems you could face on a cheaper instrument. If at all possible, enlist someone you know who knows their shit to help you scour the second hand market and inspect any instrument you may want in person. There are so many tiny things that a beginner won't know about that can affect the guitar.

And remember, high price doesn't always mean good guitar

What is the red superstrat? Can't make out the name on the headstock

Should I go for a reissue Gretsch New Yorker or a vintage one?

yea no one uses that

Are triple humbucker guitars a meme or legit good

More tonal options is always a good thing. Especially if you have a 5-way switch. Also nice triples.

I've never heard a middle humbucker that did anything for me. Much prefer a bridge and neck with a five-way selector and have splitting options.

Except one of the most famous etude suites for classical guitar.

Also
>etude for the right hand
>left hand part kills me

i like this manga

hello /gg/.

Does the quality of a capo make a big difference? is there and reason I shouldn't buy a 6$ one over a 15$ one

>giving money to the big capo industry
>not tying a pencil to the guitar's neck with a shoestring

you're probably going to have to to some type of pivot motion for the low G# to E part

i don't play classical guitar but can read that, that's how i'd do it because my fingers wouldn't be able to hold that full chord

This guy speaks the truth. The capo industry was formed by an alliance of the KKK and Hitler

KKKapo industry.

I have a bunch of $3 Kyser knock-offs from Ali Express and they work just as well as the one real one I've had for ages.

I prefer ones with adjustable tension cuz if you get one that clamps down super hard it will wear down your frets faster.

i need to get one of those adjustable ones

it's not only the fret wear, everything goes sharp because it's pushing the string down way too far and i'm sick of constantly tuning when i put my capo on

Just make sure that every part of the capo that clamps onto the neck is somehow padded so it doesn't mark the neck. I've seen some cheapass capos that look like they would gouge out bits of wood

If you're serious about using a capo, I'd recommend getting a more expensive one. Like says, adjustable tension is good. $15 compared to $6 is not a massive difference.

Good morning gege

Post some imrov, I wanna see your guys style

vocaroo.com/i/s03srIKqW5tk

I have alot of polyphia, skyhaven, chon, scale the summit influence in me

Kinda sloppy but ye

Eh, I was afraid I'd have to resort to something like that. Every performer I've watched so far is able to hold it, but I'm not sure my hands can

DSL15C or Ibanez TSA15?

I've made my mind up, my next amp IS going to be valve, or at least something like the Micro Terror.

Aren't the reissue ones made in China? That's a pretty big turn off to me.

kind of hard to explain, but i think the only way i could hold that chord is if i rotated/tilted my hand counter clockwise so i can get more reach with my pinky. so like instead of having your thumb straight on the back of the neck, i'd rotate it with my entire hand counter clockwise

other than that i wouldn't be able to hold it

Cool

Yeah, but i've never owned a Gretsch before so i'm not sure about their quality control.

Looking for a new guitar, but I've never heard about this brand before.
The specs doesn't look that bad tho. What do you guys think?
gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-Pittsburgh-Electric-Guitar-Transparent-Blue/TTR

>solidbody
>pointy headstock

into the trash it goes.

Do you want an old timey acoustic electric jazz machine like the new Yorker or do you just want a Gretsch in general?

Wheter you like the looks of this guitar or not are plain preferences.
I was talking more about the specs.

Old timey acoustic electric jazz machine.

>being an elitist

Brand doesn't even have its own website. Specs are just numbers, doesn't mean the build quality is good. I'd be hesitant about a brand with no information, unless you could get hold of one to play before buying. For the price, you could get a similar looking and specced LTD second hand that will be better.

>liking solidshit

I know you're baiting, but what is wrong with a solidbody guitar?

They're shit.

I like it

What does it do?

Yeah, I think that's how I've been trying to make it work, moving the thumb down so the pinky can reach the bass. Makes the transitions into and out of it more problematic than they have to be, but at least I can finger the chord that way.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the country that's actually growing, building new factories, and upgrading equipment with modern workplace conditions makes better guitars than the country with aging factories, poor safety standards, and a workforce consisting only of those who cannot get jobs elsewhere.

There's no "handmade charm" to a slower, more expensive CNC machine that needs parts ordered from overseas to operate. Unskilled labor causing quality control to reject half the product doesn't mean better quality control, it means double the cost of production.

>Fret pleb triggered by proper sustaining instruments.

No surprises there.

You are generally correct. I've played a few Chinese guitars recently that, whilst not mindblowing, were pretty damn well built, as well as plenty of American made Gibsons that just totally suck shit.

I think the key is to always try inspect and play an instrument before buying it. I'd still be more wary of Chinese instruments than others tho

Can someone id some chords from the first song?
youtube.com/watch?v=8Dves-Moj28

F

I installed a bigsby on my Blacktop Jaguar. I want to change the bridge with a mastery bridge too but Idk. I have to import it from amazon or somewhere. it's my best guitar atm. I also have a PRS soapbar too.

A Bigsby is a great trem for a Jag, as both are totally shit

so I'm thinking of picking up a new bass and getting rid of my old one
I've pretty much narrowed it down to two MIM Jazz basses, both ~$600
Do I go for the tobacco burst with white pickguard or black with tortoise pickguard?

>as both are totally shit

jag uses 100% btfo and on suicide watch

well I still like my guitars.

Mastery wouldn't help, you already have a solid bridge.

You can always change the pickguard, but it'll be harder to change the finish. So yeah, pick your favourite finish.

I think I'll go with the tobacco and buy a black pickguard afterwards then
cheers m8

>Electric or Acoustic for a beginner?

Depends what you want to play. Always think about your goals and what you hope to achieve from doing this. Acoustic and electric may as well be categorized as different instruments entirely so you should think of them as such. Ideally and eventually you should seek to own some of both and play both styles, there are no hard and fast rules for what you should start on.

>How much should I spend on my first guitar?

Do NOT buy a crap guitar. It'll sound like shit, feel like shit, play like shit, look like shit and you won't want to continue. Try to get a mid-range guitar and a mid-range amp, preferably things that will keep value in case you ever do want to sell them later. Something like this,

dawsons.co.uk/gibson-2016-les-paul-studio-faded-t-electric-guitar?prod=107678&gclid=CJOAl6Xzls8CFWgz0wod3HwIFw

or this

bax-shop.co.uk/electric-guitars/ibanez-rgaix6fm-tgf-iron-label-transparent-gray-flat?gclid=CMPWy8Tzls8CFUefGwoduf4Gpw

is what I would personally go for as my "first" guitar. You could stretch a bit more for an Ibanez Prestige and get a hard shell case to go with a made in Japan guitar. Don't be afraid of floating trems, you can very easily block those off and the whole guitar will operate as if it were a hard tail, no need to lock the nut or any such foolishness.

Good luck.

>other stringed instruments

Where my ukefags at?

no

busy getting dicked by chad because only shallow cunts play ukes

What's the matter, user?

Here, but wish I wasn't.

I've played bass for 10 years and always dreaded the thought of barre chords so I never learned guitar. I wanted to play more music though, so I got a uke. Now I own a tenor and baritone uke. Really good at both and hate that fact. It's the worst instrument ever.

Glad I decided to pick up guitar about a month ago. Haven't touched my ukes since.

ey fuk u mang

How is learning guitar after already knowing bass

Hard in some ways. Ukulele was a fantastic stepping stone, I'm much more comfortable holding multiple strings down at once. Strumming is a bitch though. And it's hard to finger pick because the strings are so small and close together.

And, like I was afraid of, barre chords are a nightmare. Whenever I look up chords to a song I want to learn, I get six kinds of pissed if there are barre chords in it. It basically means I can't play it.

>gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-Pittsburgh-Electric-Guitar-Transparent-Blue/TTR

I like superstrats but I would avoid this as it looks absolutely shit. You won't be getting anything good at this price range but I would save up a little longer and get an Ibanez or Fujigen, a Fender, a mid tier LTD or similar rather than this.

I mean lots of barre chords have cheats or open voicings

gametabs.net/nier/song-ancients-devola-0

is this song too hard for a beginner?

I'm trying really hard, but i can't seem to do it. I really want to learn this

barre chords aren't that hard on an electric guitar, I have a classical guitar and barre chords on that thing were really hard but I still managed

Gibson has been doing its best to alienate and frustrate its consumer base and are steadily increasing prices on their Les Paul Standards and Customs in an attempt to turn them into a bonafide cork sniffer/boutique brand that only lawyers and dentists can afford. I wouldn't usually even consider Epiphone but in light of everything I just said, I'd say go for it. As mentioned above, you will be aided tremendously by having a friend who knows his shit, can set it up for you cleanly and safely and whatnot and install any electronics or mods you may want.

If you were to get an Epiphone and gut it, replacing everything with exactly what Gibson uses, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a side by side comparison, I promise you that. If you were to go the step further and get tightly toleranced aftermarket pots and slap boutique pickups in there, it would exceed the sound of a stock Gibbo by FAR for a fraction of the cost. This might be a controversial opinion to some, but to me it's just common sense.

Don't forget the nut

The chords are no big deal and it's a slow song. It will be easy unless you still have trouble with basic barre chords.

>gametabs.net

Might be cool.

ok thanks. I think my problem is that I prefer to quickly dart my fingers to the right positions as it needs to be played, rather than just leave them there and move them if necessary. If that makes sense. I'll keep trying anyway.

?

I've never been on the site, it looks neat.

I hear slight rattling sound at the bridge on the G string. it's not that bad tho.

I like how heavy and solid guitar it is. thank you.

So much this. The Gibson worship of today is hilarious, the shit they put out for those prices is ridiculous. Especially the laughable volute on Les Pauls and the neck pocket on SGs.

oh.

Why is he so perfect bros?

Are you lads gonna do the strandberg contest?

strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-uppsala-internationella-guitar-festival-competition-2016/?contest=contest-condition

Put heavier strings on or shim the neck and raise bridge, it should go away.

not only I'm not good enough to compete but I'm also unlucky enough to win
so no, not even going to bother

i dont know if they're going to like my weebgrind project

I'm not too bad, but these competitions always feature some insanely awesome dude who just rapes everyone else

it's not the easiest song ever

i didn't know anyone else watched him, he's fucking awesome. i'm in a jazz combo this semester and i have to solo at the concert later so i'm obsessively watching his vids

also his axefx sounds great

Who is he?

Got any student friendly alternatives for this bad boy?

Behringer RV600

Used HardWire RV-6

Hall of Fame

If you also need delay: Dispatch Master

Jens Larson, he has a youtube channel where he teaches jazz guitar, mostly bebop stuff. His lessons can be kind of hard to follow sometimes, he keeps them real casual and might start explaining theory that has nothing to do with the title of the video, but I kind of like it because he gives a lot of insight into his train of thought. His Q&As are also nice.

Anyone know a good clean-blend/sparkly OD alternative to pic related that isn't a fucking TS?

Those are just as expensive as the MXR you stupid cunt.

how is that spoonfeeding at all?

How about a tube screamer?

DSL15C is a much better amp. TSA15 has good cleans but the OD circuit is a gimmick.

Practice the shape up higher where the frets are closer together, and gradually work it down a fret at a time over the course of a week or so

>not spoonposting in current year
>mfw

i'm spoonposting pleb

How long did you guys play before you joined a band or started/were able to jam with friends?

Fuck you.

Post pedalboards.

Start ASAP. You'll suck but that's part of learning.

I wish I had been in a band as soon as I started.

Easiest, best, and most fun way to learn.

I´m not sure you actually mean this, I´ve only been playing for about 3 weeks so I wouldn´t be contributing much to anything

Start playing when you can actually play a song then. Didn't realize you were that unexperienced. You shouldn't even be worrying about such goals at this point. Just focus on your foundations.

He's really good but the sound of his voice and his pacing makes me feel really sleepy really fast.

Can someone post the inside of a JHS modded Dunlop cry baby super wah please? I'd like to see how the voice mod is rigged

Yeah probably right, thanks.
I know I´m still far away from that, it´s just that I can harldly wait. I can already play Californication except for the barre chords, but I think I´m gonna have to take it slow anyways because practicing 30-60 minutes a day really gets tough on the fretting hand

That's a wonderful tip, user.

T-twelve years and counting.

about 3 months
I was the bass player

I get this too, especially because I typically practice after smoking (inb4 dude weed lmao). His accent is cute tho.

Fresh acoustic noodles
vocaroo.com/i/s1eZCxLgQmEv

Your picking hand is having a hard time keeping up with your left hand, which really clutters things up and throws the rhythm off. You should slow down and micromanage your right/left hand coordination with a metronome.

How do you find the dispatch master?

Perfect for my needs.

99% of the time my settings for delay and reverb are really subtle and it sounds really nice. However whenever I feel like fucking around, it has the capacity to sound "atmospheric" or whatever, you know what I mean. Kind of like the shoegaze sound.

NEW LINK FOR "HAL LEONARD'S BASS METHOD"

mediafire.com/download/sayviwqxfcxfjon/Bass Method - Books I, II & III (Hal Leonard).pdf

Are viol* players allowed? Pianists?

VERY reminiscent of Scale the Summit with that beginning riff.. could be right off of Monument

I am filled with so much rage and hatred. Towards others and myself.
I hear the riffs and I feel the swing and motion of it but I am so overtaken with anger that everytime I try to write whilst in this state I just grip the neck of my guitar and have to try really hard not two snap the thing into pieces.

How can I concentrate and focus all this emotion to actually be able to physically play/write when I am feeling it?

I have been playing guitar for almost 10 years and am fairly capable and somewhat content with my skill level. Both rythem and lead.

As an example, here are some of the hardest songs ((not including the songs that our band is currently playing (Original songs, by the way)):

DevilDriver - Ripped Apart , End Of The Line
Lamb Of God - Set To Fail , Ghost Walking , Laid To Rest , 11th Hour
Pantera - Mouth For War , Message In Blood

Help. Please, for the love of all that is, help me.

Start doing it as soon as you can, and don't worry about "contributing" or whatever you think you "should" be doing.

Playing with other musicians is an important skill that you can't really learn other than actually doing it. Plus you'll have a better appreciation for fundamentals like rhythm that you might not notice when you're practicing alone.

Pick up mindfulness/anapanasati meditation. Not even joking.

So many times, this.

thats some sharp edge you got there buddy

getting another RV-3 tomorrow

7 years and counting here. partially because I suck and partially because I'm the only person who likes metal in my entire state. Indiana is a country-only zone.

>As an example, here are some of the hardest songs ((not including the songs that our band is currently playing (Original songs, by the way)):
bu these aren't hard

15C

Given that this is the fourth time I've responded, can you please stop asking and just get one?

Hi /gg/

How do you organize all your guitar gear? I mean the little things like slides, clip-on tuners and all other million things lying about collecting dust.

What the fuck book is that from?

What's a good piano I could buy for under $50k?

I distribute them among my vast collection of hardcases.

I keep em all in an vietnam era ammo can

craigslist usually has some free pianos, but you need to haul them out yourself

Isn't that a pain when you want to play?

Neat.

i put old pedals and cords and stuff i don't really need a plastic bin and keep it in a closet. the rest i have in my pedal case and gig bag, picks and slides and all that stuff i just throw in a sandwich bag and keep it in my gig bag

I'm going to use pedals for the overdriven sound so the whole TS circuit is just a meme at this point. It does have some very nice cleans though. For now I've decided to buy the DSL if the store still has it, if not I'll buy the TSA.

What do you think about the micro terror?

I'm going to buy the my new amp around Christmas, I'll be plaguing these threads until then :^)

Ask me how I know you never leave the house user

>TO DO
add reverb
replace the god awful MT-2 with somehting
maybe replace the chorus with a tremolo

I was thinking of changing the stock strat pick ups for a hot jazzmaster (bridge) since they have a much more growly sound that I like.

Any advice on doing so? Idk if it's even possible (in the sense that i don't know if it will work). What do I do?

Those look neat. Where do I get some?

And I do leave my house thank you very much.

>I do leave my house
>Where do I get some
lol

Not really, they're where they're needed most.

Spare strings are in the appropriate guitars' cases. Tuner is attached to whatever guitar I'm using most at the time. Slide is with the guitar that can only handle high action (I'm looking at you, Cobain-phase me of ten years ago).
Screwdrivers, allen keys and other tools are in the electronics/pedal construction box.
Capo is somewhere, I don't use it. Polish and other grooming products are absent.
Pedals and cables are on the amps.
Plecs are fucking everywhere. Mainly 0.96mm Gator Grip™®©, couple of steel ones.

Cool.

I've been watching your responses, so far I've only seen one person recommend the TSA. DSLs are ridiculous value for a tube amp, probably only matched by the Bassbreaker.
The Micro Terror is a great amp for the price, but it is *not* the same price range or quality of a DSL. To my ears, it doesn't sound like a tube amp, which is to be expected with only one tube: it's largely solid state. I use one to test newly constructed pedals without inadvertently blowing up the JVM.

I don't live in US or wherever you are from. I've never seen em before.

I see. Thanks for your input.

>mfw they're stackable
thanks for this user

It's possible.

It's gonna look like shit and will require mad routing of the body and a new pickguard, the top-most volume knob will have to be moved too

just get a JM they're great guitars aon

The guy from melt banana uses one and his tone is great. IDK if they actually do anything but they look cool as shit

If you want growl a p90 is probably a better bet. To me jazzmasters sound a bit softer and rounded. It's definitely possible. Just get a needle file set, sandpaper, and find an object with approximately the same curve as the corners of a p90. Rough the cavity out with a saw or dremel, file the four sides, then sand out the corners using a rough sandpaper wrapped around your object.

Depending on your guitar cavity you will probably need to route out some wood as well. For this a router or dremel is necessary but precision is not. Just gouge out an area of approximately the right size. Some strata have larger pickup cavities that will save you the trouble.

BTW, I think a p90 in the bridge of a strat is a GREAT idea. I bet the bridge+middle will sound killer. If I wanted to really make it a monster, I'd replace the neck pup with a strat-sized lipstick. But lots of people like the classic stray sound for the neck.

I think this is really neat, some soundsamples with the pure signal (treble cut) and the signal + miking the strings (treble cut).
Sounds really neat IMO. You can basically have percussive elements and use the acoustic sound of your solidbody instrument to fill in the treble.
I also threw in the same pattern with treble at 12 for comparison.
clyp.it/xei2fqfx
Thoughts? Sounds miles better for slap IMO.

I asked him about it when he added it, he said he put it in for clarity cause the bridge sound was too rough and the neck sound was too muddy at the amount of effects + volume they're playing with.

t. Melt-Banana expet

I'm literally this close to buying an HSS strat, thanks for teasing me user

P90SS

SSS

>just get a JM they're great guitars aon
I know, but no money right now, bro.
I was looking at this alternative (temporary) until I finally cash in for a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster itself.

wow thanks A LOT. That's really valuable information.
Yeah, the idea was with the bridge+middle sounding more rich and kind of more spacey (will round this up when i get a neat reverb sme day).

Also, for the record; i'm just broke as fuck right now and have stopped playing "proper" style guitar for a while (I guess to describe it I kinda sound like Sonic Youth / Branca) but wanted to improve the sound a bit since my old Strato doesn't seem to be the most fitting for this kind of music. So before parting ways with it I figured I could try swapping the pick ups.
Appreciate your comments !

lost of no-wave artists used mustangs and cheapo danelectros back then, so don't fret about pickups too much for that kind of music

Yeah but I'm not trying to really replicate the exact sound, just giving a reference to what kind of stuff I play.
I just want to improve the tone a bit without having to spend big bucks on a new guitar.

That's pretty cool. Funny that you say clarity because I've seen them live twice at two different venues and the riffs were totally incomprehensible both times lol. One time they played Candy Gun and everyone got all hype during the intro but when the guitar came in nobody could hear it because it got totally lost in the bass and drums. Probably the PA's fault but still. Still a great show and band though.

Well, definitely pickups are the end-all answer to tone. You can do some pretty insane things to any guitar. There's no reason you can't get any sound you want out of the guitar you have right now with the right mods.

>$600

not him but is this really a mid-range guitar? jesus, I thought $200 would be more than enough for a beginner

Oh ok. I don't assure you you'll get the SY sound at all with a P90/JM in the bridge of a Strat, but honestly they used so many different guitars it doesn't really matter.

I saw them twice this year and twice last year at small/not-so-small venues and honest his guitar sounds pretty good now as far as note-clarity goes, so maybe yea it was the venue?

whatever happened to that guy sticking pickups all over his yellow tele?

What's the shoegaze sound?

I don't get it

Hiding your inability to play with excessive pedal use

>with the right mods
Anything in mind when you say this? I'm literally so lost with this kind of stuff. I just want to change the tone of the strat towards a more no-wave/SY/branca sound (which I already have compositionally but want to improve it), and as you have already suggested, some mods are the way to go. But i'm just so lost... any ideas are welcome, man
Yeah, it's not really that, it's getting more growl out of the strat. But you can actually emulate their sound with almost any guitar since that's wht they used.

single coils, heavy fuzz, and as much reverb as possible

We need to put the following advice in the OP pasta re 'I want to start playing guitar, what should I buy?'

Buy a used MIM HSS Strat, it will cost ~$350. They're fantastic quality for the price, HSS can produce a huge variety of sounds, and if you decide to quit you can sell it for what you paid.

any sample of what you play anywhere? Your selection made me actually really interested.

I'm also up to talk some weirdo pedals since it kind of seems like it's your thing in a way? (idk just intuition and your comment on the 'shoegaze sound')

Don't listen to that guy, he's an idiot. $200 is plenty. If you want a really nice guitar $300 is a little better. If I were you I'd just grab an SX but there's lots of small brands like that who offer what you need.

Nice try Kurt.

getting mixed feelings here lads

No interest in this? At all?

What are some good tapping or sweeping riffs to learn for someone fairly new to both? Everything I've found is either way too easy or way too hard. I can't seem to find that middle ground that's going to push me to improve.

You can get a *used* mid-range for $300 or so.

>bigsby on a jaguar

just go get a squier telecaster

perfect for a beginner and cheap, plus it's a tele and it's difficult to truly fuck up a design as simple as it, and you won't have to deal with tremolos like with strats.

i'm looking on musicians friend and you can get them for like $200-300.

Barre chords aren't even hard man, the fuck? Just push the fret hard, don't be lil bitch

It's very common user.

Yeah, I can help you out. Post a few specific examples of some of the various sounds you want. I'll do my best to identify what aspects of the sound are most down to the guitar as opposed to amp/effects.

The key do getting the tone you want is to identify the ASPECTS of a sound you like. Often if you can do this you will get better results. Basically you will find that if you identify what the part of the sound you're attracted to is, you can find a pickup that is "more tele than a tele," "more strat than a strat," "more ric than a ric," etc. So please, along with the links you post, briefly point out what aspect of the sound you find attractive.

Naturally, overdriven sounds are a big part of what you want out of your guitar, but these are a lot less pickup dependant than other things. Try to include a range of sounds including some that are a bit cleaner as well as the usual dirt.

I'll probably finish it this evening.

>autism very common
can't argue with you there

I don't even own a guitar so my opinion is worth jackshit. I like the tune, but other than that I can't really comment.

Here

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLGUYycTTbXTK1zY0S_r06k57PGYvZ6Fj

Good tapping riff to learn is the tapping part of the solo in "Am I Evil" by Metallica.

Good beginner sweeping riff? I kinda feel like you just need to dive right in maybe a bit over your head but keep at it until it comes together. It'd really help a lot to learn some basic useful sweeping shapes though.

So like the A minor shape 5 string sweep arpeggio that starts with the index finger on the 12th fret A string is a good one.

and the C Major 5 string sweep arpeggio that starts with pinky on the 15th fret A string is another good one.

Maybe just practice those two to get started. They're movable, so sliding the shapes around will just change the letter name of whatever chord you're outlining.

I play an acoustic guitar. I've heard that makes it more difficult

Just watched Groundhog Day Lads

Tyvm user

thanks lads, will check some more reviews, but in the end I think it'll boil down to some shit options since local shops only have a limited stock of guitars and I'm too stupid to check online who ships to my middle of nowhere country.

What tuners do you guys use?

Gratuitously large pic related.

Korg pitchblack mini or nano? Not sure. I like it, the hybrid mode works really well.

I use a Polytune 2.

The tuner that's on my amp

>gay-30
Ahuehue.

Boss TU-10, I got it on clearance for 6 bucks.

i have this thing

What happened to Earl?

>me

To this

anybody got any advice on how to get a cool lofi distortion sound?

Korg pitchblack

Tube amp, play loud

Thanks a lot btw.

Mainly all the guitar sounds on SYR 9 : Simon Werner a Disparu (probably my fav of theirs). If I have to choose a track then all the range of sounds from here: youtube.com/watch?v=TNCTORr5RH4
At around 2:16 some cleaner guitars enter and throughout the track. I mainly like the metallic and almost to no bass sound they have. Also here: youtube.com/watch?v=jidxYi1Ccwc

Another example would be here: youtube.com/watch?v=17UQu85H-Qo
Again this 'metallic' quality is present (like, it's even more than on regular tracks even though electric guitars always use metal strings, i know). Also the opening guitars in this track: youtube.com/watch?v=jIfPEVyPTsY
I particularly like how the sound just comes from really deep tones, like with a lot of growl, even when it just sounds really high in pitch.

I guess the sound i'm after also links a lot to more soundscape-y guitar, more ambient. (Think Loren Mazzacane) and also a bit funk influenced, especially Funkadelic's sounds. But I know these last two rely more on their effect pedals actually so i don't think this will be of use. I'm pretty stoked on getting a sound as similar as possible to the first sample i posted and basically everything Sonic Youth or Branca you can find.

I have already tried my hand at "free structured tunings" (as in tunings that don't follow some sort of music theory) and it improved the sound a lot but not quite there yet.

Hope all this "resumé" has cleared shit a little bit though I have the sensation it has muddied them. Just focus on the sound of the first sample, and mainly of the whole album of SYR 9 and kinda take the others with a pinch of salt.

Thank you for your time.

polytune 2 blacklight

i was using those headstock tuners for a long time and got sick of looking at that dumb thing hanging off my headstock. plus i like how i can mute everything with a button stomp

You forgot to mention that you need to run your cable under the door and play on the other side of the house.

Hope you all did you weekend wankshop this week chaps

youtube.com/watch?v=IKBsfobYNW4

I don't really like this guy.

Why would I want a closed back amp vs. an open back amp

same. can't stand him. he's just a douche trying act like he's not a douche

9/10
8/10
7/10
7/10

he's the worst

How do you write songs? I know theory enough I just can't even start

Contemplate the state of your life as it is now while taking a shower. Works like a charm

Choose a title for your song and then try to make it sound like that.

Are you in a band right now?

>first link
Single coils, lots of reverb, you'll need a whammy bar for some parts. Small amounts of hard-clipping distortion *without* rolling off the highs will give the 'crackle' in the treble; it'll come from a pedal rather than tubes. I don't know what he's using for modulation at 3:30 or so. At the end he's playing behind the bridge, implies a Jaguar or Jazzmaster.

>second link
Again, single coils with heavy reverb and some behind-the-bridge.

>third link
There's a lot of melody in the bass in this track, is that what you're referring to?
Pretty much the same as the others; single coils and reverb. The ringing sounds at the end of the track can be achieved by letting a sufficiently tweakable reverb/echo reach oscillation; think Strymon, though I'm not saying you need to spend that much money. It will be difficult to achieve dynamically (i.e. while playing live), but these kinds of sounds are easy to add in while in the studio.

>fourth link
Similar to the rest (no complaint: you've done a good job picking a specific sound here). When you hit around four minutes he's playing harmonics (not pinch harmonics). Tremolo picking at the end.
More overdrive here than the other tracks. Any tube amp would to fine, think about Fender for this flavour of light drive.

That's as far as I got, anyone else?

>pick up your instrument try and come up with something
>hate yourself because everything you make sounds terrible
>put your instrument away
Repeat every day.

yup, that's me alright, thanks for describing the usual process user

my ear

>someone actually did the EQD Rainbow Machine with the Miku Stomp
alright which one of you cunts is it
youtube.com/watch?v=dP5d9FdUiMs

Summary:
Single coil guitar with whammy bar and behind-the-bridge (obvious choice is Jaguar).
Lots of reverb; given the 'special effects', you'll probably want a pedal with lots of knobs (e.g., Strymon), rather than amp reverb.
You won't need a dirty amp for this stuff, Fender is the default choice (I'd go for a Hot Rod Deluxe).

Overall, very straightforward. The only problematic parts are the modulation in the first track, and your choice of mild hard-clipping distortion (and no, that isn't an oxymoron) for the same: probably best to just go the 'flattery' route and just research what was actually used on the track. Might even have been DI'd...

Thank fuck someone finally posted that. I was honestly expecting it to be the first response.

You forgot 'record every idea you have and play it back a few weeks later when you can objectively evaluate it'. For the guys that think they're God's gift, it'll give them some perspective. For you, it'll provide confidence and the opportunity to actually move forward with an idea.

I'd also mention that Jaguars have some issues by design (and I'm speaking as a Jaguar owner here; thanks, 17-year-old me).
American-made model, StayTrem bridge and decent gauge strings are uniformly essential.

The rest of the gear mentioned by name is solid quality.

It's all about persistence. Just keep trying.

So it seems the common elements here are single coils and heavy reverb and also behind-the-bridge.
At least I already have the single coil pickups covered. Would need to get a nice reverb too but again, no money. And I guess I'd have to come to an alternative for the behind-the-bridge playing (adding a bridge and more space would be kind of crazy anyways). Jazzmasters go for 3000 around here and Jaguars are hard to find; online I haven't searched enough.

>a lot of melody in the bass
Well, yes that's a good sound too but I was referring more to the guitars that enter after the bass. I'll look into the oscillation capabilities on the reverb when getting one.
>picking a specific sound
well, that's what the other user told me to do. And yeah, I've been basically really after this kind of sound lately.
>Fender for this flavour
I've been eyeing Fender amps too but really, again, so expensive. And you're right on the harmonics.
>not pinch harmonics
So probably achieved with the amp really loud and its feedback, right?

Thanks for the thoughts and time!

Thanks for the specific suggestions. I'm trying to read as much as I can regarding SY's gear but sadly the record i'm most interested in is rarely discussed. I'll keep on searching regardless.

Still, can't find bargain prices JM / Jaguars around here which is a shame because it'd be perfect for this kind of sound. Either that or going to a luthier to add the same kind of bridge to a Strat, which sounds.... like a really bad idea, actually.

I guess I'll just wait until one day magically I stumble upon a JM / Jaguar or just try doing my thing with the Strat. Changing the bridge pickups still seems like a good idea since the stock ones don't really excel in this kind of sound.

What guitar video or book progressed your playing the most?

For me it was probably

>Book
Guitar Grimoire: Scales and Modes

>Video
Maybe a tie between Paul Gilbert: Intense Rock 1 & 2, and Paul Gilbert: Guitars From Mars 2

>He hasn't been classically trained on another string instrument
How'd your punk band work out for you?

>Book
Guitar Grimoire: Scales and Modes
Guthrie Govan Creative Guitar 1 + 2

>Video
Eric Johnson: Total Electric Guitar
Eric Johnson: The Fine Art of Guitar

Jody Fisher's Jazz Guitar series for me.

What exactly did you like about the Grimoire? I don't really like those kinds of books.

>JM / Jaguar
The Jazzmaster line was about behind-the-bridge; P90s will *not* do the job here, as they don't sound the same as 'regular' single coils.
That said, any single-coil guiar (like a strat) will work if you don't care about behind-the-bridge sounds. Google them.
Adding another bridge to a strat would be unheard of, and in a bad way.
>picking a specific sound
And quite right, too; I meant that as a compliment.
>harmonics
I don't mean feedback.
youtube.com/watch?v=mZ6HKrFFM_4
He doesn't actually play any harmonics until 3:24. Skip to that point to see what I mean.
>amps
Don't worry too much about Fender; anything generally clean will work. I'm just emphasising that you should be looking at lower-gain amps, of which there are plenty.

You are lucky in that these sounds are common, forgiving, and easy to achieve. In fact, you can almost certainly produce them with the gear that you currently have; my recommendations are just the common, high-but-not-boutique-end choices.
What gear do you have?

I never understood the point of inline tuners. It's just another point of failure that can introduce unwanted noise and distortion to your sound.

Finally had a chance to review all this stuff (I'm yellow tele) and the similarity between most of these sounds is LOW OUTPUT. Start your search with various pickups wound 6k and below. Some of the clips had a more ceramic sound, some more alnico, some bridge and some neck, but all of them had underwound pickups.

Listen to some clips of demos of low output pups. Look at classic strat pickups, noiseless stack strat pickups, lipsticks, and ceramic p90s.

The mod you should definitely do immediately is a bass contour in your strat. You need a reverse log 1 meg potentiometer and a cap value I can't remember. You can get them from tayda electronics very cheap.

When I have some more time I'll keep digging to help uncover what combination of pickups will suit you best, though for now I'll tell you the lead sounds were mostly bridge pickups while the rhythm was neck.

If you can't find a low output p90(they are uncommon and I haven't looked yet), a jazzmasters type wound low could be perfect for your bridge after all.

Some designs made for good string response may interest you but I would be cautious to avoid alnico II magnets. Oversized pole pieces as well can be hit or miss, but a couple of the tracks you posted used jaguars which have a metal focusing plate. These have high magnetic response. I'll dig around to see what pickups I can find with a similar sound and report back, but for now listen to various underwound pickups and see what peaks your interest. Don't forget to listen to noiseless stacks and truecoils.

Also where are you that Jaguars are 3000 (unknown demonination)? Even in Bongland, you can find one for £400.

>You are lucky in that these sounds are common, forgiving, and easy to achieve
Kind of, but it's kind of hard to put them to work in an effective way. And that's what i'm trying to do, but they do something I'm overlooking and that's what differenciates their sound of mine.
>What gear do you have?
Basically just the Strat and a practice amp (I know, i'm looking to upgrade soon), and also a digital delay Boss pedal that just died on me a few days ago. Basically I need to upgrade EVERYTHING, except maybe the guitar. Man, sucks to be so broke.

I got one of these because it was cheaper than a Sparkle Drive. It's okay desu. I'll probably end up selling it.

I think a decent amp (with reverb, since that'll save you from making two purchases) would be your best bet.
You can live without reverb oscillation; it only happened at the end of one track, and I can't think how you'd induce it while playing without literally bending over and twiddling knobs.

Forgot to mention a couple of the tracks use a 100% reverb mix which has a low pass filter effect. This makes deciphering the pickups more difficult and spring reverb in particular adds a high end spike that you probably don't want from your pickup rather than EQ. So ceramics may actually be out of the question. I don't want to dismiss them completely because they are the first suspect for a metallic sound and you will have to judge whether you are hearing more of the influence of the magnet or the winding.

Also, purple or blue enamel wires and scatterwound pickups can help get a more low-output sound without actually having less output. In addition, the coil winding will be wider which is similar to a jazzmaster. This gives a little roundness that lends itself to some of the drive sounds used in the leads.

>book
pumping nylon (though I play steel string)
>video
any of Stefan Grossman's vestapol DVDs

the main guy that got me into more technical and theory stuff is pebber brown. i don't know how i found his videos, but i watched them a few years ago and he goes into a shit load of detail on everything.

he's sort of dad-rocky but he knows way way more, he's like neighbors to alan holdsworth and hanged out with him a few times and kind of took lessons from him

Spain, last time I looked for one I was told that. Maybe they were talking about vintage Jaguars? I'll look into newly produced models and see what I find.
Where did you find them for 400? Second hand I suppose.
Underwound pickups and low output, kay. I'm looking at demos from various low output pickups now.
>When I have some more time I'll keep digging to help uncover what combination of pickups will suit you bes
Fuck, thanks a lot, man. I really appreciate it.
>jazzmasters type wound low
Yeah, that was the main idea (overlooking the low output factor, that I know will have, thanks!).

And that last paragraph has really helped narrow my search, really. I mean, now I know a little bit more what exactly i'm looking for.
Yeah, yeah, I wasn't taking the oscillation a an essential feature, just something that I know could come in handy but not focusing much on it, really. A Fender Twin Reverb would be perfect t b h but yeah, no money no party.

>ceramics may actually be out of the question
sounds fair, will focus more on the other types, really. It's what i'm getting a better impression for, anyways.

>Spain
You should be able to find good gear at a decent price there. Don't be misinformed by someone trying to sell you on a brand-new, custom shop Fender guitar. You'll definitely be able find a Hot Rod Deluxe for 400e if you look. Not that you really need one, you just need a non-practice amp with reverb.

Really, you'll never need to spend more than 500e a piece for top-but-not-boutique-end gear in the first world.

>in the first world.
>spain
there's his problem bb

>decent price
Yeah, that's no doubt. The problem is that whenever I looked for Jazzmasters I always found Squier models of them which are way cheaper (and of course also cost less), but I have had problems before stumbling upon the real thing itself... idk, maybe I should start looking away if you insist that I can find one for around 400 - 500 (that's actually what I'd get out of the Strat if i sold it probably).

I'll go test a few amps later this week probably. With the Hot Rod in mind (so far the lowest i've seen it online around spain has been 500e anyways).

kek
I was going to actually laugh but this is closer to reality than joke. Still first world so far though...

If you don't mind reverse reverb I say this is the best cheap reverb pedal of all in the market

Actually I just checked eBay, and you're looking at more like 600e there. Gumtree will be cheaper.

Still, 3k is a barefaced lie.

>3k is a barefaced lie
I just looked up prices for '62 models and they probably were referring to those.

I've taken a look and it looks like if I was going to buy one in the future it'd have to be the Classic Player model, which would cost around 600. So basically I'd sell the Strato which would get me around 400 and then add a bit.
Dunno if i'm going to make it anyways, but I'll try.

Uke masterrace.

Seme is clearly superior, unless you're a little bitch

i have never heard an ukelele being played well
it always sounds the same god damn it

>it always sounds the same

No, you're thinking of bass.

How have you not seen this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k

Ukelele can be played well, it's just mostly chosen by lazy faggots who don't want to put any effort into learning an instrument

Been looking around and at least one of your pickups should be the gfs 4.9k lipstick tube. You could get a good result with this in any position of your strat but probably middle or neck is best so you can reserve the bridge for something more lead oriented, though it could sound neat there too, somewhat jaguar-like.

I'm having a very hard time finding low output p90s and jazzmaster pickups for cheap, but I am pretty convinced this is the way to go on the bridge. You might check Craigslist for spare p90s people have gotten out of cheapo guitars which are likely to meet this spec. Single blade strat pickups may have a similar sound if wound low output but unfortunately most are hot and geared towards metal. To get close to a p90 sound the blade must be somewhat thin. That will give a great lead tone with just a tiny bit less funk than a p90. You may enjoy the sound.

Another bridge pickup to consider is the gfs 5.5k trucoil. These pickups tend to sound a bit different to everyone so just give it a listen.

Also, a lot of the sounds you're after are middle position sounds, that is, neck + bridge. Optimally you should install a switch to allow this combination, preferably with noise cancelling.

i just realized i've been playing the guitar for 2 years. because i started when i was a freshman in the dorms, and now i'm a junior. i feel like there's a blind spot in my mind. i legitimately thought i was only playing for 7-8 months. time flies so quick. i think part of it's because i took a long hiatus

A alternative I hadn't thought of is a blade humbucker in the bridge. This coil tapped could be what you want but it's so specific I doubt you could find a useful demo in advance.

sorry for the wait, I was out and just got back.

Anyway here's a short recording of what it sounds like. (I apologize for the phone mic quality, I don't have a DI or any pro recording equipment)

clyp.it/fnqe03nr

>weirdo pedals

They're actually not into them. I just used the term "shoegaze sound" to describe how versatile the DM is. I play mostly anime songs for self satisfaction and blues wankery for the normies

bright sound drowned in reverb and delay. Playing it gets boring quick but it sounds relaxing

>4.9k lipstick tube
I was looking at a greybottom 5.8k for middle before but your suggestion looks and sounds way better indeed. Thanks a lot, i'll look into it.

Those comments on the p90s will be of use. I'm actually learning a bunch about pickups that I didn't know, so really, thanks again. I'm looking for thin bladed pickups right now to see what I can find.

>neck+bridge
doesn't the strat have that already? i think it has, the second position if im not wrong. Maybe i'm mixing things up but I recall having it.

Also, what model of Jazzmaster do you think I should look after? Ideally I would get the one that's closer to an original one but the VM's for example don't seem to fit here.

Thanks again and again, man.

I meant "I'm actually not into them" idk why I wrote that

I have one of these, pretty nice, only I don't need it

>Am I Evil, originally by Diamond Head

Learn to play guitar in the No Wave style. It's meant for being edgy.

Swans, DNA, Glenn Bronco I could go on.

Today i restrung my uke to a match a guitar/bass. Tfw a crack appeared in connection between the neck and body when I tuned it

Just discovered an audio file of me playing the Hotel California solo. My teacher recorded all the songs I learned. I must have been around 15 when I did this. Good for the age? Can't really tell.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Ha5FLuVpyn

Strats are normally bridge, bridge+middle, middle, middle+neck, neck.

I'd be looking at a jazzmaster pickup, not a jazzmaster. Related caring the volume knob is very, very easy. Definitely the easiest part of the project. As far as what sort of pickup, I'm not familiar with what different magnets would sound like, but generally these are just alnico 5.

Anyways my top 3 candidates for your bridge are still p90, jazz, and noiseless stack.

>I'd be looking at a jazzmaster pickup, not a jazzmaster
If all the qualities the dude wants are those of a jazzmaster how come you aren't advising him to just buy one? I mean he has a fucking squier strato for fuck's sake......

A jazzmaster is going to achieve one of the tones in the examples he gave, but the primary tone he wanted, a metallic jangle, isn't achieved by them.

just checking out this thing, sounds pretty good
you might get a verbzilla or even better a line 6 m9 for some $80
if you want to go cheaper than that, there's the behringer RV600, those things actually sound ok

Ah, true, I was confusing middle+neck for bridge+neck... just a lost-in-translation shit (you know, spanish).

Initially I was considering the Seymour Duncan Antiquity II but it being 8.3k. So far I haven't found any jazzmasters of 5k ~
Are you referencing any specific pup when you say the jazz? I found p90s but not a single jazzmaster of low output

i meant line 6 m5

Getting back into playing music, and a few people have pointed me towards bass over guitar, mainly because bass player seem to have be in higher demand, so more chances to play.

However, I have noticed a trend that more musicians seem to be flakey and unreliable as fuck.

Would being a solid, reliable guitar player make me just as sought after as if I was a bass player?

What model?

ss uses current controlled current devices. Tubs are voltage controlled current devices.

Nah I wasn't referencing a specific pickup. I'm more knowledgeable about why pickups sound the way they do than experienced with many different models. I don't work in retail or anything.

Anyways I think I found the perfect pickup for your bridge. Sounds pretty good in series, but I'd experiment with parallel and split coil. GFS dream 180. Get the neck one, and put it in your bridge. Wire it to a 3 way switch for parallel, series, and coil split. Make sure it's cancelling with the neck when it's split and you'll have both a nice ratty middle and a classic smooth middle.

They come in a bunch of colors, try not to get one that looks stupid.

I didn't notice they had a bunch of these. You want the vintage voiced one. Big difference.

>restringing a guitar with floyd rose
>high e snapped earlier today causing me a minor bleeding on one of my fingers
>getting scared of the thicker strings or the back springs snapping, possibly into my eyes
>start tuning and adjusting string-spring tension
>finish up and take away a stack of picks that was holding the bridge
>look at it for a few seconds
>audible "CLUNK" as something probably fell properly into place or something
i wonder if anyone has died while fucking around with this shit. i dont even wanna touch it until i get a back panel over those springs...

wew. Go back to your kazoo or slide whistle if guitars are too scary for ya

> tfw i know someone that almost died from a slide whistle.

just go slow user :^)

>see an image I made for 8ch Cred Forums a year and a half ago posted on Cred Forumss guitar general

Post yours.

>>tfw i know someone that almost died from a slide whistle.

story?

Here's mine.

Lads I was recording tracks all day, my hands are exhausted, and my fingers left these pink marks on my strings.

What is this?

Mine.

Where can I learn to play bass in a reggae style?

Quit eating hot cheetos while you play

>he has tiny baby hands

There is nothing on my fingers

Of course not, it's all over your strings.

>super wah
pleas respond

shit

kek

MiM Tele for $327 - Worth it?

Would a HSS Strat with a Lace sensor red dually pickup in the bridge and a Lace sensor blue in the neck sound like Jonny Greenwood? Would there be any inherent differences to the sound of his Telecaster Plus than to a Strat with the same pickups?

No.

What about $300 with case?

rust, looks like

I should get a job