/noise/

I'm listening to pic related and I thinking I'm finally understanding noise music now. I think it's clicked for me now.

How did you get into noise music?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.noiseguide.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=20f7f9c62665a5a9f4ec775144391722
clyp.it/mx2moent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How did you get into noise music?

through static

Pulse Demon is pretty mediocre for merzbow. Go check out some noise label compilations and find an artist that resonates for you through those.

I listened to Rollin' and Scratchin' by Daft Punk when was like 10 and since then have been listening to noisier and more challenging stuff

started listening to merzbow to cancel background noise while studying, and after a while started to like it.
i hate pic related though, reminds me of dentists

What does everyone think of clipping?

Not noise and a poser who plays tv shows and says he works as a noise musician

I swapped out my drum machine for this mixer and holy shit no input mixing is so fun. I feel like I could play on this all day

This Merzbow is odd because his most notorious and therefore well known records are often his most boring.

Check out:

Sphere
Batztoutai For Material Gadgets
Rainbow Electornics I and II
Music For Bondage Performance I and II
Flare Gun
Hybrid Noisebloom
Offering
Metalvelodrome

It really is a shame that, especially on Cred Forums, people post Venereology and Pulse Demon incessantly because LOL SO EXTREME and then dismiss noise as comical.

It really is. Especially with cheap mixers like Behringer or Mackie (no offense), the shittiness of the components means extra noise and therefore cooler harmonics when stuff feeds back.

oh yeah no I don't buy high end shit haha no offense taken

>clipping
>even related to noise music
nigger i've heard more noise influences coming from Future lmao

What's Merzbow at his most 'fun'?

Merzbeat is definitely a good example of him just goofing off. It's not a great album imo but it's certainly fun

3 days of amphetamine madness

my tinnitus

Is that Tony trying to be Warnie? lulz

OP I would listen to the other essentials like Prurient, Kazumoto Endo, and Incapacitants
When I heard there was a hip hop band that used noise I was super excited but it really does feel like a gimmick when there is noise, and when there isn't its just lousy industrial hip hop.

>"people actually listen to this shit?"
>download Venereology
>"oh man this shit ain't half bad actually"

Definitely check out all these artists OP. My favourites from Prurient are:

Black Vase + Fossil (both of these are live, full-band lineup recordings)
Annihilationist
Point And Void
s/t
The Golden Chamber
Mermaid Skeleton
Ghosts Of Niagara (collaboration with Burning Star Core)
We Set Off In High Spirits
Starvation
Trapdoor
Shrimp Crescent

Frozen Niagara Falls is probably the perfect starting point. It perfectly encapsulates all of his styles into a cohesive record. Bermuda Drain will get recommended to you a lot, but it's very different from his other stuff. Imagine synth-pop and video game soundtracks colliding with noise and power electronics. Pleasure Ground is a certified classic, too. Cocaine Death is a little overrated but still very good.

what about wolf eyes, yellow swans, hanatarash?

They're cool

Great concept , bad music

Can anyone give me noise stuff that also incorporates melodies , like Animal Collective did on some tracks of STGSTV?

Can you tell me what equipment you're using there? Really curious about the whole no input thing.

Does anyone have an introductory flowchart?

How do I get into making noise music?
What are some essential equipment?

forum.noiseguide.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=20f7f9c62665a5a9f4ec775144391722

I'm just using a behringer q802 and five distortion pedals (I encourage you to experiment with your own pedal usage for sure. I might sell/trade in a couple of mine for some other pedal types). The fx out port runs through one pedal and into input 1. the left and right outputs go to inputs 2 and 3, with the one going to input 2 going through a pedal as well. then the main output of the mixer goes through three more pedals and into my amplifier.
clyp.it/mx2moent
I just whipped this up to day experimenting with layering the sounds from the mixer over noise from just the pedals

Why does Cred Forums always desperately need spoonfeeding like this? It's pathetic.

try some The Haters – Further
or John Wiese recent double lp.

bump