Best Pink Floyd album?

Best Pink Floyd album?

Yes, it's one of

Rogers or Post-Rogers?

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

>inb4 shitstorm

>Rogers
As in, the great songwriter, Water Rogers?

wywh

TICKING AWAY

THE MOMENTS THAT MAKE UP THE DULL DAY

Yes, Water Rogers. Truly one of the greatest musicians of our time.

GOTTA KEEP MY MIND FROM THE CIRCLING SKIES

TONGUE TIED AND TWISTED, JUST AN EARTH BOUND MISFIT

you posted it

Yes, and?

SO
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN TELL

HEAVEN FROM HELL,
BLUE SKIES FROM PAIN?

CAN YOU TELL A GREEN FIELD,
FROM A COLD STEEL RAIL?

WATER ROGERS LOL

Each is best for different feels and situations.

We're talking about actual Pink Floyd albums, not when they were a backing band.

Meddle = Dark Side = WYWH = Animals

Pink Floyd has a lot of good albums

Either Wish You Were Here or Animals. I'd say they're both as good, just with completely different attitudes. Every great artist I've found has about two albums that are just as good, but one is a little lighter while the other is heavier. I see it as each band having their Spirit of Eden and their Laughing Stock. For Pink Floyd those would be Wish You Were Here and Animals, for Animal Collective it would be Feels and Here Comes the Indian, for Mercury Rev it would be Yerself Is Steam and Boces, etc. You know like the pretty one and the intense conflictual one.

Honestly I've always felt like that song ruined the album. It's just so corny and sounds like something I'd expect to hear on the radio driving through Nevada. Shine On You Crazy Diamond is masterful though. I understood the title track's place in terms of the flow of the album, but I wish they could have gotten that effect with something better.

SO YA

THOUGHT YA

His death was truly a watershed moment for music.

Here Comes the Indian isn't that great though. Not enough melodic meat on the bones, and it doesn't do enough to pass as a solid experimental record either.
fits perfectly with the core motifs and themes of the album, also it's a fantastic pop song

I want it I need it. Not joking. Pink Floyd is the shitty kinda prog but that sample is so damn sick.

I feel pretty much the same, maybe replace Animals with Saucerful, but that's it

this is a surprisingly interesting question because all of their albums have some flaws

going with Animals, though

these threads are "how long can we go until someone posts dark side of the moon"

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE BRITANIA RULE AGAIN MY FRIEND

That's like if Bob Dylan made a shitty disco album during his sophomore year in high school.

To each their own i guess

That reissue looks tacky as fuck.

Am I the only one who liked The Final Cut