what is the big deal with this album? i don't seem to get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LjNtySatBm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stop posting it here everyday then you faggot

I'm not on here everyday friend, this is the first time I have posted it

I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEUGH I MISS YOU

HELP ME

I SHOOOUTEDDDDD AAANNNNDD SSSEAARCHHHEDD THHHHHEE SSSKKYY FFFOOORR AA FFFFRIIIIENDDD

LIIIKE A BATT I FFLLUSHED THE GGGIIIRLL
AND I FLEW OUT MMMY BACK DOOOR
AND I CAME TO NO ONEE NO MOOREE

my toes are warm

>flint
mama mia

It's a masterpiece of tension and release. If you don't care for it that's fine, use this chart and find something you do enjoy

Idk it's very well put together even with a lot of simple talking

Imo it captures guilt and grief better than any modern album out there

literally let anthony fantano explain it to your dumbass
youtube.com/watch?v=LjNtySatBm4

I wish they made more music. Tweez is underrated as fuck and it showed they had serious potential which they later realized with Spiderland.

it goes hard

>Don stepped outside

>DUU DUU DUU DUU DO DO DUU DUUUUUUUU

Have you listened to their Untitled EP? Much better than Tweez imo and Glenn could have been on Spiderland.

Came here for this.

Honestly, I comprehend that stuff like Death Grips or Neutral Milk Hotel is very inaccessible for some people and they just don't like it, but I absolutely cannot understand how anyone with only even a slight interest in music doesn't like Spiderland. It doesn't have to be your favourite album, but if there is nothing, no musical element at all, that you can appreciate on Spiderland, if you actually feel like you don't get it, then I'm sorry but you just shouldn't be here. It's that simple. This album is a human filter. You didn't pass, leave. It's that simple.

Horrible description, what a pleb

I just like the sound of it. It's very captivating. I love the haunting talking, the guitars. It's all very atmospheric. It's not for everybody, but it's one of my favourite albums.

I wanna go swimming in a quarry

Is it seriously the same guy who keeps making these threads?

Do you want me to ship you a jacket.
It must be cold all the way up there on that high horse

I mean he's right, except for the leaving part. If you have a more-than-average interest in music it should be easy to notice and appreciate Spiderland on a purely compositional level. I listened to nothing but hip-hop for two and a half years before I listened to Spiderland. I didn't know you could put guitars together like that, it was an amazing first listen.

i listened to it pretty early on when i was first getting into music and it blew my mind and made me cry
i had never heard the things it was articulating and the language being used to articulate it in any other kind of music, and when it finally hit the climax at the end, it felt like the world was a different place

i think it's probably one of those things that you either get or you don't, but if it clicks it clicks hard

He's right bruv