What is Cred Forums's opinion on Foals? GOAT 2010's band or just generic Indiecore for normie teenage girls?

What is Cred Forums's opinion on Foals? GOAT 2010's band or just generic Indiecore for normie teenage girls?

One of the only indie rock bands I still like
Their albums are inconsistent with few great songs
They are fantastic live though

Generic indiecore

Pretty good for a 2010's indie band.

Keep veering towards EPIC ROCK ANTHEMS territory with each album, kinda like what Muse, Kasabian and Biffy Clyro have been doing for years. But still a comfy band. Inhaler, Two Steps Twice, Late Night, Spanish Sahara, Cassius, Everytime and What Went Down are great songs.

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Cassius, Balloons and Two Steps are rad. My Number is catchy as fuck.

Yeah, My Number is a proper summer anthem.

They looked unreal at Reading last month, especially Two Steps Twice.

the latter. Yannis is my husbando.

wish i had his facial hair genetics

hes a manlet tho

Above average Indiecore who occasional cross over into something greater

Like their first two albums even if their first has a massive indie landfill stink to it.

Really don't like the other two. It's ironic that they complained about Dave Sitek's original mix of Antidotes because it sounded like it was "recorded in the Grand Canyon" when theses albums totally sound like. Just these big empty arena rock records because they need "epic" songs to play when they headline Reading.

This breaks my heart with Biffy Clyro. Their first three albums are weird and awesome emo prog and they're totally Cred Forumscore in an alternate universe. Then they signed to a major label and make shit music.

who the fuck cares?

And a denbtnigger too.

Biffy put out the occasional really good song post-Puzzle, but their latest album is downright terrible. What the fuck is Rearrange? It sounds like some '90s boyband. Embarrassing.

>GOAT 2010's band
I mean they are fine, but definitely not this

manlet confirmed

I like some of their (mostly early) stuff. Their fans are insufferable, but that doesn't mean I should to hate the music (even while sometimes it comes so close to being "generic Indiecore for normie teenage girls").

Their first kinda sounds like a band jumping on the Franz Ferdinand/Bloc Party sound that was popular ten years ago.

I thought Holy Fire was really good, but yeah, What Went Down was disappointing.

TLF > Antidotes > shit > the rest

Listen to The Edmund Fitzgerald, the band Yannis and Jack were in prior to Foals, it makes you real upset for what could've been, especially given the teasing post-rock influence on TLF

A lot of hate for Holy Fire ITT. Personally I think it's their best one, and it's the one where they shed the Indie label and showed a more ambitious sound.

Inhaler through to Late Night is a fantastic run of tracks.