Serious question: do black people even listen to MF Doom...

Serious question: do black people even listen to MF Doom? Seems like him and most other Cred Forums approved rappers are mostly listened to by white folks

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Hodgy-beats-anime-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=qDKrJhNOygA
youtu.be/74MTIBbn4uI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does it matter?

I mean those kids wouldn't even found out about mf doom
if tyler the creator didn't talk about him 24/7

so no its mainly black people

I've met three people in real life who were into DOOM.

One was a skinny white pillhead in his mid 30's who was a pizza delivery driver and was actually trying to have a rap career. In fairness, he wasn't a bad rapper.

One was a white nu-male type guy who was in an ok indie band who was fairly popular locally.

One was a black hipster who mostly liked 90's rap but said DOOM was pretty good too.

One was a black music theory professor at a small liberal arts college who loved all hip hop and jazz. I'd say he was in his early 40's.

So that's my experience

Are you fucking stupid? Both your points are wrong and you should never post again please

Kind of I guess. As a white guy who's a fan of Doom myself I'm just curious about this.

No because to go on Cred Forums you need to be able to afford internet

black ppl listen to this

lol I only knew one dude in high school who was a DOOM fan, and he was a white hipster who was Alamo super obsessed with Odd Future and Death Grips

oh and by "three" people I meant four

Yeah, that's what I figured

post your chest white boy

Actually Hispanic but This guy is right, black people usually listen to basic ass trash rappers with good beats and pretty much flavor of the month shit

The only 2 people in real life I've met who listened to Death Grips were both pretty cool surprisingly, but unsurprisingly their taste in music was absolute garbage.

I just can't help but loose a certain amount of respect for someone as soon as they open their mouth and say "Have you ever heard of Death Grips?"

that's 4 senpai

Protip: if something is listened to mostly by white people, it's objectively better

I wasn't going to count the black hipster bc I don't really know how into DOOM he actually was. But then I decided to count him anyway.

I agree with this lol

I met a dude that sold rocks and liked this shit but mostly liked normie rap. Its more of just a peer pressure thing, not to be open about liking backpacker or whatever unless youre talking with someone else who likes it.

I'm black and listen to mf doom. bunch of us do especially dooms and madlibs sampling

but does it really matter. doom lowkey kinda hates white people part of some muslim cult shit

Doom is pic cam'ron for hipsters and whities

correct

blacks who convert to islam already hated whites, they just needed a religion to confirm their bias

Yes, but we're all nerdy

>black
>nerdy

>calling oneself nerdy
get a load of this faggot

of course. super popular amongst all hip hop heads, which naturally includes black people

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only asian person that listens to underground

not even close bud
in my experience the vast majority of hip hop heads/backpackers are latino or asian

>asking Cred Forums who is whiter than plain bread with a kraft single on top

Fuck fuck fuck youuuuu.

Kevin Gates is great. At the very least check out his song "In My Feelings".

Does this answer your question

Black people can't comprehend lyrics beyond "Fuck bitches in da club, got dat weed and money, gonna be a trap king", so when one of their own rises above the childish meme rap, they abandon him because he is seen as too white.

Get off your high horse

Typical nu-male response. When encountering facts that hurt their feelings they lash out.

Holy shit this comment is like a time machine that takes me back to the dawn of popular memeing and being 14
I seriously havent read a comment like this for years

Black people only like mainstream radio rap.

I honestly think black people don't like hip-hop all that much and just sell it to white people because it's one of the few black-dominated jobs available.

In my personal experience, black people from Ohio/PA love R&B on a whole other level than hip-hop, and a lot of them still claim Eminem as their favorite rapper (Not so much since he got back with Royce though).

It seems similat to Japan's creepy anime bullshit industry that makes significant money exporting to the Western Otakus because Japan actually has a country-wide stigma against that stuff.

I don't have a magnifying glass so no it doesn't.

I don't know where you're coming from
MF Doom has said some lyrics such as "Destroy the rap game like the white man" so I don't think he's directing it torwards white people.
My personal experience here in Baltimore, I've seen a suprisingly large amount of hip hop culture

I lost you when you started comparing hip hop to anime.

genius.com/Hodgy-beats-anime-lyrics

>Pressed enter twice
alert
Fuck off.

>One was a black music theory professor at a small liberal arts college who loved all hip hop and jazz. I'd say he was in his early 40's.

ikr. only similarity is that they are both garbage

honestly I'm white as fuck and DOOM is easily the best rapper in my eyes so probably they do but i imagine more white people listen to DOOM because most people who invest a lot of time into listening to music are white and with that investment you're more likely to run into DOOM and fall in love than not

Name one rap song that doesn't involve singing about the ghetto and smoking weed.

You can't. Blacks have like 4 words in their vocabulary. It's why the greatestest hip hop artist ever is white.

>Blacks have like 4 words in their vocabulary.

Not true

>Bitch
>Hoe
>Skank
>Cunt
>Nigger

That's 5 words.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDKrJhNOygA

here's your (You)

youtu.be/74MTIBbn4uI

That's not rap. It's mediocre hip hop

They have a light skin guy which cancels out the blacks. I guarentee you the blacks had nothing to do with the lyrics.

>greatestest

I'm a jazz man myself, Davis, Monk, the list could go on...