who?

Hell yeah, I love his bangers such as
>Wew shaggy gnogy gdoo
>Yelele wululu nog
>Beebo beoob oobob
>She suck me dick in a plane
>Xee shitotot yoyoyo
>Babumba onodaga shinaga
>Commit crimes get rich (ft lil quit school, lil in jail, lil criminal, big lil, mc cock big)

Hell yeah I'm really into black music

You start

>typical meme about somewhat entertaining trash rappers being revolutionary

When will it end

jej

correct

The responses wrecked a potentially fun thread

Kanye West

as big of a meme he is, he's still the best one out there.

Man his lyrics nsgxk sudn wis dube je whw hwnw u sheni.

Really speak to me, and the generic copy and paste trap beats are truly something for the ages.

because OP posted the best answer right off the bat

Why?

Listen to Late Registration and come back

No no no, you don't understand
You are the one who said he's the best, so it's you who have to explain it to me
What's that? You can't?
What a surprise, another drone from LWG spamming Kanye
"Oh but the bangers are fire and catchy as fuck"
Yeah, and people have been making catchy jingles for radio for 100 years now, what's new about that?

i dont know what LWG is, but like I said listen to Late Registration and come back.

Cannot deny

he will be forgotten
he is a joke

Not him but I've listened to Late Registration. I still want you to explain why.

young thug wearing a dress on the jefferey album cover is more important that david bowie wearing a dress on the man who sold the world

uhhh is this guy speaking english? xD
I mean I don't hate rap I like Kanye west, MF doom, run the jewels, the list goes on... but this thug rap is trash

would they have to be the most well known or just embody standout traits or "say what's on everyone's mind" or what?

what a gay looking nigger

I unironically agree with this

also....

skippybeboppaoba skrrrt yeaaaaaah imahumanahumanahumaohhh nigga

Gave it a 7/10 when it came out, would give it a 5/10 now.

Nothing revolutionary about the guy, other than his revolution of making fanbases look somehow even MORE imbecilic than before.

true

Not even considering his music, you literally can't deny that he isn't one of the biggest and influential artists in the recent years (that was the original question).
Every one of his albums has influenced current musicians (even outside of Hip-Hop) and has pushed Hip-Hop forward as a genre
Each album is a detailed masterpiece of production (Listen to something like Lost in the World and try and argue that it doesn't take a crazy amount of creativity and talent to produce that), and, especially in his earlier albums, he's proven himself to be a strong conscious rapper with meaningful lyricism (although rapping is probably his weakest attribute).

What would you consider good music?
-Music that is commercially successful (arguable on this board 2bh)
-Music that is unique in it's genre and sounds different from it's predecessors
-Music that changes the shape of a genre and influences further music/artists within that genre

Kanye pretty much checks every box, this board is full of contrarians who shoot down commercially successful artists, or artists that can appeal to casual and attentive listeners, and promote lesser known albums to the extent that they can be considered overrated here.

If you can't enjoy any of Kanye's work, it's because you either don't like Hip-Hop (and dismissing an entire genre is a pretty ignorant thing to do), you dislike Kanye because of how he's portrayed in the media (we're aren't arguing about whether he's a narcissist, we're talking about the quality of his releases), or you just dislike anything that has gained commercial success with the current generation.

If you don't consider my opinion to carry much weight, just take the opinion of so many famous musicians who applaud Kanye. Hell, even Lou Reed can't deny his talent
>"The guy really, really, really is talented. He’s really trying to raise the bar. No one’s near doing what he’s doing, it’s not even on the same planet"

btw I'm not

This is actually a really good post.

There's only one major discrepancy you're look past; all of "Kanye's work" is really just a whole lot of other people's work that he puts his name on.

thanks, if I get one person to re-listen to Kanye's work with an open mind, then I'm content

Also because why not:

TCD=MBDTF>808>LR>TLOP=Yeezus>Grad

>Yeezus lower than TLOP

lmao get the fuck out of here

>being retarded
it should be though

unironically

kys

He's a self produced artist, and there's never been any proof of ghost-writing, it's just something all major rappers are accused of

The only contributing writing credits are co-producers and featured artists, which is common in Hip-Hop, the 'community effort' is something that is a big part of the genre and the culture of Hip-Hop

I said Yeezus=TLOP, had some amazing moments production-wise, but a few too many underwhelming tracks and it captures Kanye at his lowest point lyrically

>anyone but hunter hunt hendrix and the experience

fag

I unironically agree with this. Grimes is both popular with the dorks on Cred Forums and normies everywhere.

I know it's a meme at this point but I still kind of believe it

i hate this fucking meme
i hate fucking waifufags

I dont get , why do white liberals love young thug so much? He makes some pretty generic trap rap

Hate him and his music if you must, but this is mostly correct.

literally Damo Suzuki-tier

>influenced current musicians
yeah such as bon iver, linkin park, fall out boy, kid cudi, lupe fiasco, the list could go on

His college dropout album and late registration basically helped end Gangster rap and start a new era of mainstream Hip Hop
each album pushed new boundaries, even if just in terms of mainstream music
808s and heartbreaks helped start a more emotional style of hip hop and RnB

he was praised for his production style
never considered that great a rapper but has been known to drop some clever lines in the past

His records are pretty solid and he has molded a respectable aesthetic about himself and surrounds himself with good musicians and producers

Honestly Young Thug will be remembered as a modern age Beethoven
If you don't agree then you are deaf and a fucking nigger lover faggot

I'm loving this contrast, remember kids Cred Forums is more than one person

those buzzwords

wew lad

I think goofball is a serious contender at this juncture

This is a good post but
>You either don't like hip hop, dislike how Kanye is portrayed, or dislike his commercial success
I just don't like his music, I've given it plenty of relistens.

the big benis

I don't know much about Kanye, but didn't he also make it acceptable for rappers and hip-hop artists not from the hood or any impoverished urban community to be considered serious artists and not just gimmicky pop entertainers like Vanilla Ice?

>tfw no one ever mentions you but you know you the shit

No, he's for racists to prove they aren't. I could give you a list as long as your arm of hip-hop artists who fit your description who emerged long before him, I can't even tell you how nonsensical your question is.

this

YePac Shakur was crucified for our music and fashion sins

dean blunt is one of if not the most interesting active rappers