Lol guys I think I fell for the meme

lol guys I think I fell for the meme

What is this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRWl94jeyDw
youtube.com/watch?v=7X9cGvhHmfk
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same here. It's an okay album but is extremely overrated. And this is coming from someone who listens to a lot of electronic music in general.

press 0 and 1 in quick succession

and then occasionally 4

i'm not wild about replica at all and can't really see why anybody considers it to be amazing (although it has great album art)

>HOWEVER
i think garden of delete is absolutely incredible. so huh.

yeah wtf where are the BANGERS?

how and why is this a thing

Not even his best album, dude. Maybe, like, his 4-5th best release...

Replica is considered amazing because of the amount of sampling that is involved in it and how unconventional the sampling is. It's probably not my favorite by OPN to be honest, GoD, R+7 and Returnal are much better in my opinion. But people love it anyway.

Garden of Delete combines elements of Replica, Returnal and R+7 into a pretty awesome blend of genres and technique.

This is so cool!

it's good

you seem smart

It's electronic therefore innovative

A skeleton if i had to guess

I think Replica is a really nice album, The only thing with it is that I think Child Soldier has a quite annoying flow actually

Replica is a wonderful idea in theory, and some of the sampling is cleverly executed, but it just feels like Lopatin rushed it. He DID say it was made in a two week mad dash and it shows imo. The crossfade near the end of UP is just really sloppy and comes on way too fast, and while the stock choir feels congruent with the overall sound palette of R+7, it's inclusion feels out of place on Child Soldier. A fell of the tracks lack the same dynamic of his later work while also missing the more emptive qualities of his early work.

I love OPN and Replica is good, but it's not his best work and I never understood why it was considered to be so.

>tfw OPN tricked me into liking a vaporwave album

A man holding a photo of a surprised skeleton on a suit with spaghetti on his head.

R+7 >>>> Returnal > Replica >> GOD

I'm familiar with his pre-returnal works, but not in album form

I'll Try Living Like This > all OPN

OPNs career has basically been him getting slowly but surely better

GoD is so ridiculously good. Not a single bad track on there. Can't say the same for his previous albums imo

found the pleb

in what way am I wrong

never said you were wrong
it is however a fact that 0pn's releases have slowly but surely became more and more accesible
are you sure it's because you think they're getting better or you're just a massive fucking normie with the most beta of music tastes?

xddd normies r so stupid nd plebby
glad im a special snowflake nd not a stupid normie b/c i listen to good music like avenged sevenfold nd bodtf :)

>Not a single bad track on there.

wtf, there's plenty of random filler

In what way has he gotten more accessible? To me he has gone from very simple, dreamy repetition to much more complex and structurally interesting stuff

no
even the eccojams bit works well in the context of the album

i'm agreeing with this fyi

hmmm... familiar

no, because he's slowly but surely cultivated his own style. his older stuff is lovely, but it's pretty much just berlin school/kosmische worship and moody ambience. it's only inaccessible if you have no familiarity of some of the more leftfield electronic music of the '70s and early '80s.

this guy gets it

nothing else really sounds like GoD. its lopatin coming into his own

not much sounded like replica and r + 7 either

sample-wise replica is very individual, I agree. the analogue synth stuff is obviously reminiscent of tangerine dream

r + 7 reminds me a bit of art of noise or something. almost symphonic sampling.

For me, R+7 recalls Lansky.

youtube.com/watch?v=7X9cGvhHmfk

>On October 4, 2014, Lopatin presented a world premiere live soundtrack for Koji Morimoto’s 1995 anime film Magnetic Rose. The event took place at the Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics in Manchester, England, and featured Anohni on a rendition of the Oneohtrix Point Never song Returnal

what the fuck

is OPN a fucking weeb

>Anohni on a rendition of the Oneohtrix Point Never song Returnal
this version is so good desu

As far as establishing a tone, it's an incredible record. The feeling and atmosphere of the album is pretty incredible. That's OPN's strong point.

However, I do think that the album is otherwise pretty unimpressive. Some of the tracks just become grating after a while, and I doubt the album was difficult to construct -- it's composed almost entirely of weird, short loops. I think it gets a lot of hype because it's a generally inaccessible album by a critically acclaimed experimental Electronic artist with cool album artwork. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's in no way a masterpiece. It's not even close to being OPN's best work, either.

was returnal even sample-based? i thought it was all synths