Am I a fat middle aged man for liking progressive rock?

Am I a fat middle aged man for liking progressive rock?

You are a fat, middle-aged man for having gained too much weight and for having lived for forty to fifty years, not for like progressive rock.

No, but you are a 16 year old faggot for having insecurities about whether or not you like something.

maybe you'd feel better about it if you listened to some good progressive rock

NOW THAT IT'S ALLLLL OVER AND DONE

Close to the Edge is one of the best prog albums, you goddamn plebian

Close to the Edge is pure gold. How can you have such terrible taste user? Who hurt you?

kys

kys? as in kool Yes super? Kind of a strangely constructed statement, but you are indeed correct, Yes is "kool" and super.

Not only is this the best prog rock album of all time, it is also the best ALBUM of all time, the best piece of art ever crafted by man, the pinnacle of everyone's existence. You were born for the sole purpose of listening to this masterpiece. Listening to this album on drugs is a rite of passage and grants you entry into the heavens. Seriously what the fuck are you doing reading this post? You could be listening to Close to the Edge right now you fucking loser.

>want to listen to close to the edge
>already listened to it like 5 times this week

i want to listen to it again so badly but i don't want to ruin the magic ;_;

What's the name of the fat Brazillian man who uses his body as an instrument?

>I like Rush
>I have never had a girlfriend

I am the meme

What a goddamn stupid question. Fuck off and die.

>I like Rush
>I have had several girlfriends
its okay, its not the band

Yes

>Close to the Edge [Atlantic, 1972]
>What a waste. They come up with a refrain that sums up everything they do--"I get up I get down"--and apply it only to their ostensible theme, which is the "seasons of man" or something like that. They segue effortlessly from Bach to harpsichord to bluesy rock and roll and don't mean to be funny. Conclusion: At the level of attention they deserve they're a one-idea group. Especially with Jon and Rick up front. C+

bum

Prog rock's whole intention was basically to produce Close to the Edge, once that album was made the genre had served it purpose in music.

well, that's enough said for me

I thought the Christgau shills were gone from this board

I don't understand why Cred Forums hates Siberian Khatu. It's excellent, mostly due to the phat drums, bass, and guitar

>Cred Forums hates Siberian Khatu (sic)
Since when?

>Christgau will die in my lifetime

Why are you quoting this awful reviewer? I listened to Close to the Edge and found little stayed in my memory, and Jon Anderson is an assclown, but Christgau is worse. Avaunt!

I fucking love Close to the Edge with all of my heart, but Christgau's reviews always make me crack up

Most of the posts I've read here say that it's a cheesy attempt at blues rock,

Are you?

This album made me want to have SEX with bill bruford and knock rick wakeman to the ground.