Seattle or Portland?

Seattle or Portland?

Other urls found in this thread:

smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/album/boxes
newcouchparty.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pURwHm32C70
youtube.com/watch?v=JbJaCjXdvS4
theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/a-major-earthquake-in-the-pacific-northwest-just-got-more-likely/495407/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

seattle no contest but portland still has great stuff

smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/album/boxes
released January 16, 2016

Portland

t. lived here 17 out of 18 years of my life

portland if you are a bottom
seattle if you are a top

Aberdeen

What does that t. at the end mean?

(Tickle my taint)

It's some shit from Civilization.

portland

Portland

i want to know this as well

this thread will possibly dictate where I choose to live in the future. I'm sick of being a married 24 year old neet... Help me Cred Forums. My job allows me to travel so which city guizzz

it means "within regards to"

>Claims to be a neet
>Has job

portland weather sucks

seattle actually doesnt get a lot of rain. It just rains very often.

Are NEETs the WASPs of the millenial cyberspace zeitgeist

Yo mama is the WASP of the millineal cyperspace zeitgeist.

fuck lol

Grails are from Portland
Earth is from Washington, but Olympia, not Seattle

Also Seattle's coffee scene is shit compared to Portland's

get rekt

>Seattle's coffee scene is shit compared to Portland's

Same goes for beer

Washington as a whole is pretty shit compared to Oregon

lol no
go home
This

Olympia-bro checking in.

It's just the right size of city to almost see someone you know but still be able to experience new shit.

Oregon is the superior state. Even though I live in the biggest retirement community in the PNW (Salem).

So, Portland.

nuke both

>tfw sales tax
>tfw have to pump your own gas
>tfw Seattle is literally just Portland without personality
>tfw that applies to the rest of Washington compared to the rest of Oregon

Sep 11, 2015 - This makes today the 28th day for days at or above 90 degrees in Portland.

90 degrees! Finally some summer sizzle for Seattle
Aug 12, 2016 - It's rare for Seattle to hit 90 or above; an average year in Seattle has only 4 days at or above 90 degrees.

anything is better than Portland

Can you hipsters talk about music please? Why are you idiots talking about coffee scene instead of music scene

newcouchparty.bandcamp.com/
Spokane, Washington
released January 11, 2016

>tfw have to pump your own gas

>liking that gas stations actually close
>will never know the feeling of traveling all day and all night and gassing up at some remote station in a tiny suburb only to drive some more

I'd rather have sales tax than income tax brotha and I prefer fueling my own car.

The rest is literally subjective.

Personally I could agree on the portland and seattle point. But the rest of Washington has much more personality than Oregon does IMO.

Seattle has better people, better shopping, better jobs, better scenery, better beer, better nightlife, and better weather. The music scene is pretty sweet, and it's super easy to find pretty damn good basement shows, Car Seat Headrest had one near me just a few months ago actually. Portland's a shithole in my experience.

any good local bands this year?

apparently Big Business moved to LA

I'm an Oregonian but Seattle is so much better

HEY BABY I HEAR THE BLUES A CALLIN, TOSSED SALADS AND SCRAMBLED EGGS

MERCY

I've been spending a lot of time at Tula's and The Triple Door and haven't heard a bad act yet. In college I started going to this place Salmon Town that showcases a wide variety of underground artists every weekend and it's been pretty sweet. Though haven't seen any
Bands there that I was blown away enough to look them up any further.

both suck and are hella expensive

If I ever "move to Seattle" my plan is to move to Federal Way and work at Xerox

seems like a cheap place to live and seems close enough to Seattle and seems like steady easy work

capital hill is the nicest area on the planet

I live in Portland, It's a good city. Some of the SJW stuff here is a little annoying, but I'm happy here (except for the rent). It's also not too big of a city, Seattle is.

I need to find what part of Seattle you're in because I'm surrounded by rednecks and ghetto people.

thats why i'm moving there. it gets to hot in the summer in denver, as i've gotten old i've found myself sick of it.

I love the rain. It snows more in Seattle though. The rain is beautiful, walking around downtown with all the neon reflecting off the rainy asphalt is like blade runner or something.

Seattle is the worst city in the PNW. Avoid it at all costs.

>thats why i'm moving there
to seattle? It seems to get just as hot in portland as in denver.

walking around on a gloomy day while listening to music is one of my favorite things

Go to the Know in Portland, plenty of shows.

>But the rest of Washington has much more personality than Oregon does IMO

the better part of the cascades are in Washington, so much more personality.

dude federal way is a dump

Exactly it's been like that today. I hate the fucking summer really. Autumn is rolling in, I'm getting comfy reading books and listening to music.

Both are inferior San Franciscos but I'd say Seattle is slightly better

>dude federal way is a dump
It's ok, I'm used to filth.

then i'll go farther north, even up to Bellingham if i have to.

that sounds so nice

Any good shows you know of in Portland? I'd be down to meetup with any Portlander too.

yea today was really nice. I'd be ok if it stayed this way until summer

as a kid I used to love the sun but as I'm getting old I actually find it kind of irritating? idk if that's the right word but it doesn't feel as nice

>then i'll go farther north
from what I can tell its not about latitude but rather the coastline

see

oh i'm listening to it right now

everything north of seattle sucks except for snohomish. avoid everett at all costs

they just played a lot of local shows so maybe they're taking a break but I assume they'll have another one soon.

says oct 7th

not here though in australia

yeah which I assumed was in Canada but I'm showing that it's actually Australia so I'm not sure if that's right.

yeah I just looked up the actual club and sure enough. Crazy I wonder if someone down under is looking to sign them.

This.
Also
Don't living like a shanty in a city when you could afford an actual home in a suburb. The Portland housing market is fucked and Seattle is just as bad.

Live in Vancouver or some shit lmao

seattle
not even a question

portland ive lived here 9 out of 10 years of my life

I like both tbqh, even if I'm a Washington-fag.

Washington:
Jimi Hendrix
The Microphones
Unwound
Modest Mouse
Sleater-Kinney
Earth
Sunn O)))
Nirvana
Sunny Day Real Estate
Melvins
The Sonics
Beat Happening
Shabbazz Palaces
(plus a plethora of popular grunge and indie acts)

Oregon:
The Wipers
Elliott Smith

youtube.com/watch?v=pURwHm32C70

youtube.com/watch?v=JbJaCjXdvS4

>tfw grew up in Camas
>tfw go to UW
I had the luxury of having the Portland experience, without the expense of living there and now I get to experience Seattle too

Neither, both are cancer and deserve Japan's WWII treatment.

seattle Cred Forums meet up anyone?

Seahawks suck

What do u look like

kind of douchey

Neither, come to Evansville Indiana

are you Travis from No More Heroes

is seattle windy? i like rain but not wind

not often

I lived in Seattle for almost 20 years and there are two very good reasons not to invest in a future there

1. All the Silicon Valley weasels are moving there and making it unbelievably expensive to rent or buy a house or a condo (not to mention the clusterfuck of land development that's currently planned)

2. All the architecture along the coast is designed so shitty that when the next big earthquake comes, and it's fuckin coming, not only is a whole bunch of old shit going to fall right into the fucking sea, but hundreds if not thousands of people will surely die because the streets were also designed with total incompetence and nobody is going to know what to do

people tell me I look like Elliott Smith and I relate to his music and him a lot so I chose Portland. Plus i like the Wipers. Plenty of heroin in both places also.

>Pedro the Lion
>Sunny Day Real Estate
>Carissa's Wierd
Definitely Seattle.

Issaquah.

Portland, OR or portland, ME?

As somebody who has lived through a deadly earthquake in Asia, this is unironically my biggest fear about living anywhere near the American west or midwest. The building are simply not up to code.

Goddamn you, you're pretty much right. I love it here, but the housing market is getting unbelievable and the earthquake is coming, you are right.

theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/a-major-earthquake-in-the-pacific-northwest-just-got-more-likely/495407/

lol you do HEROIN dude???

damn I bet your and profound suffering artist like william burroughs

or dewy eyed manic pixie dreamboy

gutter philospher. gone so soon....... (pay your respects to the vultures)

It's from some finnish message board, it basically means 'regards' e.g.:

>guitar is easily the worst instrument, it takes no skill

could be replied to with:

>t. butthurt bass player

nope. I study computer science and also traditional drawing/ painting in my spare time. Although I write horror stories sometimes, I'm not really a writer like burroughs.

go home kurt

The dream of the nineties is alive in Portland...

The NW is shit fuck your hipster trash

Which one? I was in an earthquake in Virginia inside a shopping mall. First thing they did was hit the gates on all the shops because apparently they'd rather people be trapped inside for a disaster than steal. And I was near the food court and people were screaming because the glass ceiling was ready to collapse. It didn't, but that was some scary shit.