Who are the modern My Chemical Romance?

Who are the modern My Chemical Romance?

no one

21 Pilots

>implying we are in the year of emo revival

emo never died its a healthy genre

There weren't any radio pop bands in the late 1800s and early 1900s so there is no Modern MCR.

Nickelback

>emo
>healthy
Uhm....I got news for you....

I've never heard an album that encompasses emo lyricism with rock ballads as flawlessly as they did.

Three cheers and black parade are excellent albums which I've been listening to for practically a decade each now. Crazy stuff.

Honestly? I would guess crown the empire. They are gaining steam and headlining a tour with blessthefall a band that has been around for a while. Also we came as romans, however I don't think it's possible for bands to get as big as MCR even anymore. Rock is just not near as mainstream. edm and trap have taken its place

Nobody. Why is there this idea that every generation has a certain version of bands we've already seen? Who were the My Chemical Romance of the 1960's? It's a stupid way to approach things.

21 pilots desu. Except they seem to appeal to a different type of pleb. The kind that thinks self help books and new age Buddhism are cool.

Death Grips

My Chemical Brothers

well the my chem of the 80s were the cure

And for the 90s was Marilyn Manson I assume?

Not a band, but in terms of cultural image and standing in pop culture, grimes. Both are full of snowflakes that believe their very popular formulaic music is somehow more unique than other popular music.

no such thing

They were never emo.
Probably this.

Crown the empire suck dick and sound nothing like my chemical romance

You're such a fucking faggot

ayyy

smashing pumpkins

That's a superficial way of going about things.

god i hate when they compare the two.
mcr was more genuine than 21pilots could ever dream of being

MCR's artistic vision was a lot more clear. Everything Gerard wanted to artistically came across loud and clear. 21 Pilots are a clusterfuck. I don't get what the fuck they're going for.

couldn't agree more. and that's exactly why it bothers me when incompetent fucks compare them with 21p.

This.

I don't like them either and agree they don't sound like that. MCR is just a successful scene band, that is the trajectory crown the empire could take

How was MCR genuine? They were an over the top Queen Punk fantasy, nothing about them was real.

Just cause they were corny doesn't make them not genuine.

that's just the way they chose to express themselves, it doesn't mean they're not genuine. and when i say 'genuine', i'm talking about intent btw.
and i think that mcr's(especially gerard's) main motivation was to create and express themselves and reach a lot of people that way through their music, not just to get rich and famous, which is the case with the majority of popular "emo" musicians.

Actually I can kind of see this

Gerard Way actually experienced the emotions he put into his lyrics

15 year old girl spotted

but they're both dogshit

did he not

I love MCR (especially The Black Parade) because they were so over the top. I love that in a band, when they just go all hair on fire.

Came to post this
Anyone who thinks a band has to be """"emo"""" to be the new mcr is a dummy

What's the best track off TBP?

The Sharpest Lives

yep. anyone who says otherwise is nostalgia blind.

yeah? and so are taylor swift and limp bizkit, but you don't compare them.
the point isn't whether it's shit or not, it's that it's different-both in terms of style and intent.

Aside from having a similar fanbase they're not really similar at all from a musical standpoint.

Black Parade, that shit sticks.
Though the whole album was great on a conceptual level.

are you actually deaf? or just really superficial?

>Who were the My Chemical Romance of the 1960's?

The Beach Boys

they appeal to almost the exact same demographic

they do attract the same "type" of people, but the point is that they are different music-wise. and anyone who listened to both bands and has the ability recognize the difference between honesty and pandering, can easily tell that the two are different.

Mama.......................

no one will ever be as good......