Name one (1) artist from the past decade and a half that is commercially successful, critically acclaimed...

Name one (1) artist from the past decade and a half that is commercially successful, critically acclaimed, AND socially relevant in pop culture.

You just can't

>Inb4 retarded fantano drones start spouting irrelevant anti-"lwg"

max martin

Kanye

Kanye

Kanye

Kanye

>commercially successful
>critically acclaimed
>AND socially relevant in pop culture.
kanye

Not an argument.

beyonce
taylor swift
merzbow

kanye

not a counter-argument.

Kanye

Did OP ask for an argument, or did he ask for a name? Go cry about your ex-gf to IYRTITL.

literally right here

/thread

>successfull
>critically acclaimed
>relevant in pop culture
too bad his music's shit pop rap trite

Erykah Badu

Kanye

Does anyone have that pasta about how Kanye is unironically this generations Bowie regardless of the quality of his music?

Kanye

Spooky dad metal. Worst band ever. Take away the masks and makeup and tell me what you have left. Nothing.

Frank Ocean is the only answer

Kanye West is honestly the David Bowie of our generation, and it pains me to admit it but the similarities are blatantly there.

>Both reinvented themselves on every album
>Both have had large negative public reception
>Both slumped heavily in their middle age
>Has different personas for each album (Kanye and Bowie, for the most part, have had large aesthetic changes for each of their albums)
>Both were, at some point or the other, the most famous artists in the most popular pop genre at the time (Bowie for pop rock, Kanye for pop rap)
>Both have polarizing works in their fanbases (Bowie has Lodger and most of his late 90s output, Kanye has Yeezus, WTT and 808s)
>Both pioneered their own styles of fashion within the public reception
>Both combined experimentation (far more than their peers at least) with pop, to huge worldwide results
>Both have been met with large critical and mainstream acclaim
>Both can appeal to all races in one form or the other (something I didn't want to bring up but it had to be said, for example, Let's Dance by Bowie was huge in black-orientated discos, as well as Jesus Walks being popular in clubs most frequented by black people, while their other works, such as Black Skinhead and Heroes, appealed to white crowds)
>Both have struggled with their success and the fame it brought, usually to negative public reception
>Both have combined the popular trends in music with their own style of music (Bowie with Scary Monsters etc, Kanye with TLOP, MBDTF, etc)

i don't even like kanye outside TCD and LR (and some songs on TLOP and MBDTF) but it's hard to deny the similarities imo

As shit as they, their music, and their fans all are, this isn't technically untrue

Thanks doc

>Ghost
>metal

Kendrick

Kanye

I would like to say Adele but she's not huge in pop culture...

Kanye is the objectively right answer to this question

frank
ye
kendrick
thom
yes i named more than 1

kanye

She's huge though, and by huge I mean fat

radiohead

RHCP

>this isn't technically untrue
it got ok reviews at most