How do I into the drums?

You play them from the outside silly.

Traditional Percussion is more fun

I mean like learning to play.

bump

You could treat them like I do your girlfriend and just bang

What kind of drums does Zach Hill use?

Watch Whiplash like 6 times.

Get a kit, play it. Watch Youtube vids on how.

General drum thread? Post your kits, this is mine.

bump

are electronic drums worth shit, I live in an apartment and can't possibly own real drums

Yes. I have an SPD 30 and it's the best drum equipment I've ever gotten.

buy stick control and do what's in the book

If I recall correctly, he tends to use whatever is at hand. Never really sticks with one set.

Fuck off OP

Buy a cheap kit, buy a metronome, buy a rudiments book, play the kit and play covers.
It's not complicated OP

somebody who's done this level with me plz

>6 years guitar experience
>3 /prod/

i've been programming acoustic drums and know what the role is etc-

from what i gather learning to drum is mostly just separating your limb movements and getting the coordination-

i guess what i mean to ask is that if you were learning in a similar position, do you think you picked up drumming relatively quickly if you sort of already had your head wrapped around it?

that's a sexy Gretch. why is your tom turned in so much and what cymbals do you use because you have it set up like a rock kit (-a tom) even though this is a beautiful jazz kit.

yea, but a good drummer is always learning more syncopated and complex beats. Buy a book on poly-rhythms.

>Buy a book on poly-rhythms.

any you'd recommend? or videos?

i'm really just asking to get playing relatively simple stuff for my songs instead of using samples lol

Unless your autism is savant-tier, you'll probably have to grind through repetitive motions to develop muscle memory like most of us. Still, you'll probably have somewhat of an advantage, with less anxiety about limb-independence.

so basically no advantage whatsoever
alright i should start sooner rather than later huh

does every drummer ever have a house with a dedicated room and accepting neighbors or is there some there method of learning i'm not aware of?

thought about buying some v-drums but meh