Has music actually made you happier?

has music actually made you happier?

fitter happier

Yeah. Unlike all the trash normally given love on here, metal and /bleep/s tend to be extremely uplifting and encourage the listener to do well in life and enjoy it.

yes

Yes.
Meat Loaf really helped me to get over my exgf, get to excercise and shit.

definitely

Yes.

Music has probably kept me alive.

No, I exclusively listen to Brand New, Gary Jules and Elliot Smith.

No art of any type or quality is capable of altering my level of happiness. Seems I'm a bit more mature than most of you here.

Nah that just means you've some sort of clinical depression or something. Go get help, fampai.

how tf is not being affected by art "mature"?

if anything that's really fucking weird

music destroyed my life

art is for contemplation
relationships are for happiness

>hears good song
>not inclined to listen to it more or feel anything from it

you sound like a 9th grader

bullshit

art can be for both contemplation and happiness

and relationships only give you happiness in exchange for a ton of bullshit too, which music doesn't have

(not true btw)

Engaging with art is an intellectual pursuit, not an emotional one. If you "feel" anything, you're doing it wrong.

why? who says what art can and can't be for? who gets to decide that?

also if you don't think relationships come with a bunch of bullshit then you haven't been in one.

again, according to who? I've never heard a definition of art that everyone can agree on.

>he hasn't read Plato

>If you "feel" anything, you're doing it wrong.
what are you

what does philosophy, science and religion have to do with the quality/experience of art/music?

Music caused my tinnitus, so it's only made me more depressed.

A robit?

Yes.

*tips fedora*

What do you listen to?
>I'm curious
Swans maybe?

Plato didn't make music.

More productive

But you still get satisfaction though, don't you? If you don't get satisfaction of any kind from anything, intellectual or emotional, you ain't doing it right.

Yes but it has also made me depressed when I couldn't get into the music of composers like Elliot Carter or Brian Ferneyhough. I feel like such a dirty unwashed plebe for liking the music of Madonna but not liking true patrician music like Micheal Finnissy.

yes very much

I couldn't stop listening and dancing to cheao thrills today

Yes

I'm listening to The Mollusk for the first time and I'm having the time of my lifetime.
This is so fucking hilarious and joyful
So I guess yeah.

Yes but only for 1 hour a day