So Cred Forums

So Cred Forums,

I honestly believe I am onto something here, what you see is a Spectrum Analysis of a track that I have produced using a technique I am afraid of giving away... This sort of thing has been done before by various artists, but never to this extent. Currently I am working on something that should be a lot easier on the ears.

Now us as humans can only really focus on one thing at a time be it a drum or piano note. That is why most generic songs these days are simple and catchy.

Now if you were to focus on everything happening at once you'd probably think how bland these modern songs are sounding.

Lets say you are a genetically perfect human with an impossible mind, or even an AI capable of appreciating Art, capable of seeing the bigger picture. What would they listen to?

I believe I have invented just that... It's not the greatest sounding thing for our small minds but I believe I am -way- ahead of my time here.

Be warned. It's Harsh.

soundcloud.com/testdemopage121/horribly-beautiful

I have uploaded an album of some close ups, only the intro and half the main part as it is mirrored.

imgur.com/a/vBoYe

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/testdemopage121/horribly-beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=M9xMuPWAZW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off avant teen

shit looks dope yo, that banner pic on your profile looks insane. Shame it doesn't sound that great... May I ask what your next step is? You mentioned you are working on another piece?

go back to your jpop thread weeb

>can't even spell Avante correct
So what you are seeing in the picture is:
>Freaquencies=Height
>Time=Length

Most normal music hardly get above the halfway point so their is a lot of high frequencies. Not too mention this piece is cluttered as hell. Next piece is basically refining the mistake I made with this one.

im avant, and even i think you're a faggot.

So you're not avant then? Nice double standard dude

Wow. Spectral Sound Synthesis. So innovative!

>Now us as humans can only really focus on one thing at a time be it a drum or piano note.
because everyone that does polyphony/polyrhythm/counterpoint is doing gibberish and no one knows what they're doing. despite having a really long set of rules

>Now if you were to focus on everything happening at once you'd probably think how bland these modern songs are sounding.
>think
90% of top40 pop is garbage and more than half of everyone who has listened to it understands that.

>genetically perfect
genetical perfection doesn't exist, and can't exist

>an AI capable of appreciating Art, capable of seeing the bigger picture. What would they listen to?
an AI can't appreciate art, it can only validate pre-set conditions ; they can be set randomly so it will have some illusion of personality, but it won't "appreciate" art, it'll just hear/see things that validate the conditions.

I mean, no matter what you do using this method, it always sounds like some alien chirm unless you add some random detail (too much effort) that could be achieved much better with other synth techniques anyway.

So, unless you want your music to sound like the ending of Aphex Twin - Equation (or any other spectogram image to sound) it's pretty much useless

how does someone even make shit look like this? Is it just a bunch of EQ????

AI at some point can learn though. I think OP when OP is saying he is ahead of his time he really means it...
But if you listen closely there is harmony... In Aphex's Math Equation there is none... I believe OP is indeed onto something here

As I said I'm keeping the technique closely guarded as pointed out I am using Spectral Synthesis to some degree.

Your right, It's definitely the first instance of this stuff that actually has a harmony...
You're right in that it is useless, to us. OP you may have invented something beautiful that may be forgotten about because we as basic minded humans can't understand something so complex. Imagine a caveman writing "E=MC2", everyone around him would hate it and continue to blow blood over their hands.

>Most normal music hardly get above the halfway point
Maybe because sound frequencies are perceived exponentionally? It'll be physically painful if it's constant on the whole spectrum

Jesus Fuck

how?!?!

Yes, as I said I am making something that should hopefully sound good. This was an experiment that I and a few others in this thread agree has worked but sounds like an earfull. But dumbing this technique down kinda defeats the purpose of what I am trying to get at here.

Everytime I zoom in I just see cool shapes and patterns... This is amazing you tripfag you have actually impressed me.

this is why aliens don't contact us

stop calling them niggers in their own language

It sounds like complete shit. You're so clueless its almost funny.

I don't think you read what I said...

You take images and use them as spectrograms. Big fucking deal. You just take each column from the input image, take the inverse Fourier transform and blend the resulting sound snippets together. Literally countless artists have done that (Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares comes to my mind) and there are even free tools to turn images into sound this way.

In other words: OP BTFO

>Now us as humans can only really focus on one thing at a time be it a drum or piano note
Here. You're either turbo brainlet or just pseudoscience retard. No point in reading anything else.

>i've made up stupid reasonning so now my shitty work is valid
this is Cred Forums - music, not /ma/ - modern art

>Currently I am working on something that should be a lot easier on the ears.

Also you should have used logarithmic frequency domain because now everything is happening in the high frequencies (above 5000 Hz).

If OP weren't an autistic high school student, he would have known that human hearing is logarithmic in frequency.

>You take images and use them as spectrograms. Big fucking deal. You just take each column from the input image, take the inverse Fourier transform and blend the resulting sound snippets together. Literally countless artists have done that (Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares comes to my mind) and there are even free tools to turn images into sound this way.
yep lmfao spectralists have been doing this at IRCAM since the 80s byeeee OP

I've said this countless times in the thread already. Yes it's already been done. But it has never as this user here points out had harmony Already covered this in the thread, I suggest you read it, also why is everyone assuming I'm young?

>People who don't read the whole thread before posting

I'll check this thread later on, I want to get back to working on this stuff.

>inb4 APHEX DID IT

read the thread and you'll understand that I have taken the next step. Most geniuses are called crazy.

>first instance of harmony ever!

False. You take whatever image, and just copy-paste it a few times vertically. Turn it into sound. Boom! You have harmony.

Big.
Fucking.
Deal.

We're assuming you're young, because only yound people make bold claims about inventing stuff that's been around for ages. Like when I was in kindergarten and I thought I invented a car which can go forever by connecting an electric motor to a generator.

>Most geniuses are called crazy.
>genius

Ok kiddo, learn to be a bit more humble.

We're just calling you an idiot

geniuses actually pull off interesting and novel theories
you're just writing pretentious garbage

this is pretty cool tbqh familia

>>>/soundcloud thread/
this is fucking shit, 2bh
almost as bad as that hampus thing

modern art isn't really anything like that, though.
But what would a cretin like you know about art?

>almost as bad as that hampus thing
what is this?

>not knowing who hampus is
literally neck yourself

This is just a really distorted "Poker Face", isn't it.

As inhuman as the track sounds, it's still a simple melody underpinning it.

Almost meditative.

Wow good job, it sucks ass and is devoid of any soul or passion whatsoever. You're a true drone.

>op does something cool for once
>makes an ass out of himself in the thread
For what purpose?

>soundcloud.com/testdemopage121/horribly-beautiful
it literally just sounds like you automated bandpass...looks that way too.

post you are rym NOW!

>pic
Is this you OP?
Now I understand everything.

Why are you posting these?

my nigga

i dunno y there is so much hate, guy thinks he is on to somethingv

now come back when you make it sound good

>genetical perfection doesn't exist
fine
>and can't exist
okay, proof required

>an AI can't appreciate art, it can only validate pre-set conditions
an person can't appreciate art, it can only validate pre-set conditions

NOT BAD. Actually op, nice sound engineering experiment, you might up to something like Trent Reznors Hands on Year Zero's track graphics. Post this om soundcloud when finished. This is Post-Avante-Acoustika

send ya DEMO to Ishim Records

you made something very very interesting, but I don't think it's something good. I know it's a work in development, and I expect it to get better.
Now I must say I do not agree with some things you say in your post, but anyway, it's something very interesting what you've got there, and I can't say I truly understand it, but I am excited about what this could lead music to.

lol i did this when i was 13 on a bunch of freeware

Math based senpai

Honestly shit like this is why art music is dead.

People forgot one thing:
IT HAS TO SOUND GOOD

We wont respect this until you can show us the same concept but with something actually harmonious.

Also you obviously have never heard of polyrhythym, counterpoint or chords in general if you really think people can only focus on one thing...

I like the adventurous spirit here but you have some growing up to do. Also no true genius calls themselves a fucking genius, its a title that has to be given by others, every faggot with fruity loops and a mac thinks theyre the next Beethoven...

>harmonious
>good
gb2 /r/dadrockers

OP please keep your trip on

>*SCREECH SCREEEEEECH HSDHSDHZXHDHHUAHDSSDHDSHDSDSDHSH*
>you might up to something

Hes doing something, the guy up to something, hes just cooking the fire right this will evolve and turn up into the byg time shit by the way. Oh yeah.

Just wait.

>white people think i'm radical

what did he mean by this?

THE BEST
youtube.com/watch?v=M9xMuPWAZW8

>IT HAS TO SOUND GOOD
>
>We wont respect this until you can show us the same concept but with something actually harmonious.

lol gtfo

freaq is already building an electronic music legacy, hes just so much underrated, i think he kept the real magic all that time and now he'll show up to us his masterpiece, hype.

We're already influenced under his umbrella. Now we are all post-Freaquians.