I'm getting my first ever vinyl record player, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the Audio-Technica AT-LP120...

I'm getting my first ever vinyl record player, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the Audio-Technica AT-LP120, or maybe the cheaper one AT-LP60 since I'm new to this and maybe it's a better starting player? What do you think,or can you rec some other player that's good and don't cost too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

project-audio.com/main.php?prod=essential
netonnet.se/art/ljudbild/hifi/skivspelare/audio-technica-at-lp120usbhc/219367.9170/
sumo.se/sv/artiklar/pro-ject-essential.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hrFRuSkFCyc
richersounds.com/product/turntables/technics/sl1200ga/pana-sl1200ga
vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-5200.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just get the project essential

lp 60

The AT LP120 is a perfect starting turntable.
The LP60 is a fucking toy and it will kill your records.

Nah senpai get the LP-120. It's pretty much the cheapest record player you can get that has a counterweight. This is important because it. Makes sure your records aren't getting worn out by putting too much weight on them. I just got one and I think it's great

is this the one you are talking about? project-audio.com/main.php?prod=essential

alright it seems legit, but is it better than the "Pro-ject essential" the other guy recommended?

Definitely go for the 120 over the 60

If you're on a tight budget, the LP120 is cheaper. The Pro-Ject is marginally better and in the long run, if you want to improve your setup, it's much easier to upgrade. So it could save you money in the long run.

What are some good turntables that I should keep my eye on in the used market?

that doesn't seem right when i'm looking at the prices here, maybe it's different in Sweden? the pro-ject goes for 2499 SEK (about 291 USD) and the LP120 is 2890 SEK (about 337 USD). or am i looking at the wrong pro-ject?

for reference:

netonnet.se/art/ljudbild/hifi/skivspelare/audio-technica-at-lp120usbhc/219367.9170/

sumo.se/sv/artiklar/pro-ject-essential.html

120s my rec. project is better but theres a chance youll get bored of records. the space a collection, table, amp, and speakers take is disproportional to their usefulness IMO
if years of you find that vinyl is your thing, then think about a higher model. 120 is 10/10 for starting out

anything by technics

man check the new pioneer one

The LP-60 is cheap, looks & feels like it too, but it's actually engineered pretty well. It doesn't need a counterweight because the arm is perfectly designed for the cartridge it comes with. It's not upgradable or audiophile in any way but it produces a beyond acceptable sound and tracks very well, very little in the way of inner groove distortion or sibilance. I very much doubt that it ruins records.
That being said, you can get something much better for about the same price used

planning on getting the technics sl-5200

is it worth it, mu?

not only does the 120 have a counterweight and antiskate, it also has adjustable VTA
I know some people VTA doesn't really affect sound quality, but why not have it?

How many grooves does the average vinyl have?

Save your pennies

porque?

>33 1/3rd revolutions per minute
>40 minutes x 33.333
1333 1/3
though it's actually one long spiral, so I guess the real answer is 2

go for box fresh

wtf is dat

i got fucked by getting a grado black

guess it doesn't really work well with a sansui tt lol

thinking about either getting a new cart or just get a brand new tt as a whole. my rca cables are a lil fucked up

>sibilance
youtube.com/watch?v=hrFRuSkFCyc

Well, I wanted my NW ZX1 and by a fluke I could right now

but I'd be back to 0 roubles, so it's aspirational

My advice was wait till you can get the thing you really want

If you really want a SL 5200 tho, it sounds like you'd have to do a bit of searching for a really good one.

richersounds.com/product/turntables/technics/sl1200ga/pana-sl1200ga

vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-5200.shtml