Help Cred Forums my taste in music is rapidly declining the older i get

Help Cred Forums my taste in music is rapidly declining the older i get.

Is getting dumb inevitable?

what are the axes even supposed to represent

IQ and taste in music

Lil Wayne is low IQ, Beethoven is high IQ

the y axis shows taste in music, how so?

so what if i like both

That can't be right, it would imply Lil Wayne is more tasteful than Nas, and that listeners of Sufjan Stevens are more intellectual than Jazz in general. Doesn't work in reverse order either. Any way you look at this chart it makes absolutely no sense.

>Doors below AC/DC

DROPPED

Who doesn't like Beethoven though?

Not pictured: Death Grips behind Lil Wayne

IQs don't go that high

>the older i get
How old is that?

music and iq are not correlated

also lol @ counting crows. a fucking pineapple

>contemporary Christian music

I've listened to artists who after listening to I thought to myself "Wow... loving this rubbish says a lot about someone and how much they got going on in their head." Could one's musical tastes say something about intelligence? How about SAT scores? Well, like any good scientist, I decided to see how well my personal experience matches reality. How might one do this?

Well, here's one idea.

1. Get a friend of yours to download, using Facebook, the ten most frequent "favorite music" at every college via that college's Network Statistics page on Facebook (manually -- as not to violate Facebook's ToS). These ten "favorite musics" are perhaps indicative of the overall intellectual milieu of that college.

2. Download the average SAT/ACT score (from CollegeBoard) for students attending every college.

3. Presto! We have a correlation between musical tastes and dumbitude (smartitude too)!

Music Colleges Average SAT Scores

4. Plot the average SAT of each "favorite music", discarding those with too few samples to have a reliable average.

5. Post the results on your website, pondering what the Internet will think of it.

Yes, I'm aware correlation ≠ causation. The results are hilarity incarnate regardless of causality. You can stop sending me email about this distinction. Thanks.

Average SAT (with standard error) for the 133 most popular entries for "favorite music" on facebook. The vertical axis doesn't mean anything.

and at the end of all that does it cure autism?

No seriously, can someone explain what this graph thinks it's explaining, please?

Yes mate so is rotting in the ground
Fortunately you've already reached one of these points so you might as well not let it worry you

>No seriously, can someone explain what this graph thinks it's explaining, please?
it shows how IQ from 86 to 140 correlates with the taste in music

You're borderline retarded instead of not retarded or full retarded

i was only pretending

so the y axis is meaningless?

what y axis?

there is only one axis that depicts th IQ. the music acts are sorted beneath

being that it's a 2d image and not a 1d line there's a y axis. you saying there isn't one is confirming that it's meaningless in this case. it wasn't a criticism of the graph

so sufjan stevens is the most patrician mu core?

maybe

the counting crows are ahead of bob dylan, maybe bob dylan should write a song that says "I want to be the guy from the counting crows"

Why the hell do I keep seeing Rascal Flatts beeing mentioned on Cred Forums recently?

>Aerosmith below nickel back
Stephen Tyler btfo

What a stupid fucking list

Counting Crows are shit

He already wrote a song about Mr Jones.

>salty nickelback fan

>classical on the low end of the IQ spectrum, even behind Nickleback and Evanescence
>Beathoven at the top

you just dont get it, do ya?

Please explain, I'm curious

yer dumb listn to boy wayne

This is the momen when I realize what CCM stands for