Acoustic Guitar Thread

Tell me some good songs to play on the guitar, I'm running out of ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8B6jOUzBKYc
youtube.com/watch?v=Xdsk2g1TcHI
youtube.com/watch?v=b-kaG1NuLZM
youtube.com/watch?v=TCHsV-zDypg
youtube.com/watch?v=UVHk4dc7yaE
youtube.com/watch?v=JCqXVTnGzgU
youtube.com/watch?v=6l1b6Z9wsEM
youtube.com/watch?v=xVZgUiRljdU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ2GAlxdL0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gNayAdfuWU0
youtube.com/watch?v=hCZnXg0vNs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what kind of songs

Learn some shit from like Nick Drake or something. I tend to find that his music's a good middle ground between the top guy and the bottom guy of your pic.

Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

The Tallest man on Earth - Love is All

malaguena if you're feeling spicy, and fun to play

youtube.com/watch?v=8B6jOUzBKYc

youtube.com/watch?v=Xdsk2g1TcHI

Learn this then proceed to lure women into your cult.

>only few chords
>sings about a girl

Literally Neutral Milk Hotel

Ok. Play the one that goes

DADADADADADADADADADADADADADAdAdADADADADADADADADADADSWDDSDADAAADAAQADADAADADADADSAADADADAAAAAAAAAADAADADDADADA

Bet u cant

>6, 8, 10 minute songs with multiple sequences
>multiple sequences
wow so difficult

Learn to pick like the Doc

youtube.com/watch?v=b-kaG1NuLZM

there's a major difference between music like Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" and NMH's "Naomi" tho

youtube.com/watch?v=TCHsV-zDypg
one of my favorites, especially if you've got a loop pedal rhythm is super simple, tons of room to improvise

Yes - Roundabout. Despite being a meme now, it's actually pretty fun

city and colour
youtube.com/watch?v=UVHk4dc7yaE

also how long will it take me to learn acoustic alone?

La Villa Strangiato by Rush

like what?

One of the songs got popular and the other didn't.

If you want to play songs with a few simple chords and sing, about 8 months. If you want to be good and play more complicated stuff, maybe 2 or 3 years

Soul

based john cipollina

there's a soulful and honest human being involved

Listen to any album by John Fahey and then learn to play your favorite song from it. You will soon dedicate all your playing to American Primitivism and play almost exclusively in open tunings. Also it impresses people, is technically proficient without losing any artistic touch.

so nothing other than what a bunch of acne covered kids on Cred Forums think?

youtube.com/watch?v=JCqXVTnGzgU

[citation needed] + debatable

It's obvious you don't like it so there's no use talking to you, but most people relate to NMH
because of the raw human emotion and artistic cohesion. not because it's a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=6l1b6Z9wsEM

[Brain] + sure it's debatable, most subjective things are. I'm not saying Mraz isn't honest, he could believe in every word he's saying, but the song doesn't sound like it
comes from a deeper place just based off the corny riff, cliche lyrics, and vocal delivery. Such elements could be considered "cute/endearing " and therefore valued by another, but I personally do not

youtube.com/watch?v=xVZgUiRljdU
Its doable but you probably wont be as fast.

I just want some good acoustic songs with more than just simple chords, something with some hooks and licks but not too much, it must be a famous song in a way that I don't alienate the people. Help me mu/ I'm starting to think that I don't like music how I used to do, I miss the excitement of learn a song, I just want something I can relate.

Anji. Everyone should learn this.

try some bert jansch, pretty simple stuff. think I got his discography down in something like a month

>8 months
pretty long time, huh?
gonna try anyway

wonderwall

Different user but I really like this. Thanks for the rec, I'll try these out.

If you want to be proficient it'll take 8 months. If you want to learn 4 chords and play 1 song it'll take about 1 or 2. It's worth it in my opinion.

Np, I was joking about the difficulty though, that's gonna take a very long time to become good at

fair enough : )

OP here, interesting stuff. Now I just need to find a working link to download it, legally off course

the uncluded - jambi cafe
the uncluded - scissorhands
frank ocean - self control
vashti bunyan - train song
diane cluck - easy to be around

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

>I was joking about the difficulty though,
Thats good. Otherwise i would have lost complete faith in my capabilities.
But Needle of death for example looks entirely doable.
Angie sounds really good but harder.

Downloading is always legal no matter what kind of copyrighted material it is. Sharing it is the part that can get you.

Idk maybe you have talent. For instance, I can't fingerpick for shit (not literally)

soulseek

Are you serious? Prove it

I play this on acoustic guitar all the time

Me too

do this except cooler
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ2GAlxdL0Y

one of them is Cred Forumscore

Edgy

if there was any substantial difference that can actually be articulated in clear non-nebulous terms (unlike "soul") between I'm Yours and NMH, it surely would have been said by now.

/thread

Anything jethro tull

youtube.com/watch?v=gNayAdfuWU0

Playing the Am7 chord is pretty fun too

youtube.com/watch?v=hCZnXg0vNs0

American Primitive or go home. I pretty much exclusively dick around in open turnings and stuff.

>bert jansch
>pretty simple stuff

Oh come on man, you know you're just being uneccessarily self aggrandizing by saying that. Of course if you've got good handle on fingerpicking you can work your way through most of his songs, but to anyone else that would be a pretty daunting task.

Fav american primitivism artists? Also, how do I start playing in this style? It all seems so complex.

I mean I'm just into the basic stuff everyone else likes, Basho, Fahey, Ackerman, and some of the new guys like James Blackshaw or Daniel Bachman, and of course Jim O'Rourke has that one album.

And I think it's just a matter of time and practice. Obviously I don't claim to be anywhere near the level of those guys, but it's really only been 2 or 3 years since I started doing the basic folky Travis style picking. After a while you just get competent enough with that and can fuck around with the patterns and put some neat stuff together. And I didn't even really direct my attention on practicing, so a more focused approach could probably get to a competent level at a much quicker time.

Thanks for the advice. Also, do you have to grow and maintain your fingernails in order to master this style?

Its got heart

eh, it just depends on your preference. It'd certainly help, but if you can make do without it then that's fine too. I don't keep mine obscenely long or anything, but I do like to have a little bit of nail to work with.

I know a lot of the big guys like Fahey used metal picks like in pic related, but again you can get by without them (I don't even use a thumb pick that often, which most people will, so again its all just preference).