How many of you actually have a favorite genre of music?

how many of you actually have a favorite genre of music?
I don't have one and 90% of the time I ask somebody or see someone get asked they say they "pretty much listen to everything."

bonus question: what the fuck is going on with stefan's hair in this picture

I have genres that I prefer over others. I do try to listen to a wide variety of stuff though, because you never know what you might find appealing.

whop land haircut style

If anyone asks I say ambient
But I don't think a lot about it

Experimental Alt Rock I guess.

Its not about genre, that's too limiting, you should want to know what type of music people like. Like dancey music, chill music, misanthropic, macho, sexy, repetitive, dark, free, etc you probably get the point.

Well i think i'm more into rock than other genres but it's such a broad term that i just end up saying "i listen to everything". I mean when i say rock i also think metal so we end up talking about groups that don't have too much in common like, idk, The Smiths and Peste Noire.

I guess if I had to choose it would be Black Metal. But I don't really have the look for it so people are surprised and kind of judgmental when they find out.

I usually respond with I enjoy lots of stuff, but I'm really into [any album or artist that I'm listening to at the time] right now.

>favorite genre
I have my favorite genres and my favorite among them changes depending on how I'm feeling. Right now it's emo, but it could be hardcore punk, post-punk, post-hardcore, math rock, shoegaze, lo-fi bedroom pop, dream pop, slowcore, or hip hop depending on where my life's at.

>they say they "pretty much listen to everything."
I usually say that or just punk unless I know the person is more into music.

>stefan's hair
Looked like he started shaving it, gave up and went to have a smoke in the shower.

how many cigarettes did he light up that moment

this nigga got it

Progressive rock is probably my favorite genre, but I'll give essentially anything a listen provided someone gives me an album to start off with.

/shugazi/ reporting in

I listen to a few genres, but shoegaze is the only one I really dig into the obscure releases of

I say metal and then play for them some shitty metalcore to make them stop talking to me. I don't even really like metal

Same for me, except with hip hop. I can name off tons of obscure rappers. While I like to listen to other genres, I can only say that I listen to entry level artists of those genres.

So when people ask what I listen to, I just say "mostly hip hop, but sometimes other genres depending on my mood"

my favorite genre is black metal, but i hardly ever admit that if someone asks

I am torn between lolicore or goregrind. I know you will laugh, but I don't understand it either. I enjoy almost everything from classicial to jazz to all of the albums many on Cred Forums would consider patrician, but I really like the sound of both for some reason.

Also, I don't know about Stefan's hair. His shit looks fucked up though.

Iktf user. I have long kind of emo looking hair, wear semi thick rim glasses, and don't own any band merch. People either act awkward or pleasntly surprised when they find out I like black metal.

Absolutely devilish

lol why is he smoking cigarettes in the shower? won't they get wet?

I mostly just listen to fusion jazz, downtempo, and krautrock.

Of course I have a couple of favorites that step out of line but these are the ones that resonate with me the most.

I just say Avant-Garde Mediterranean Shugazi. Whenever I give this answer to a chick, it get Auto-Laid.

While I do listen to a variety of stuff my preferred genres if I had to pick would be:

90s alternative rock
emo

pls dont troll me

he actually has a whopland

wow.

could dg possible be more of a fucking meme.

I figure he'll just lift himself out of the shower turn off the water and have a long hard think about what he just did

I just hate talking to people about my tastes in music. They have no fucking right to ask me that kind of thing

you sound like me in highschool

damn that's actually kind of fresh. i bet it will be the next hot meme cut

Get an adult haircut.

yeah but he'll just light another

dance music for me, but I do listen to a lot of different shit though

is that zack grips?

hey this is zach
thanks man

yep i pretty much never grew up

branched out a lot since highschool but 90s alt rock and emo are just always my soft spots

People who say they "pretty much listen to everything" are either ashamed of their taste or simply don't care about music

what if they, just throwing this out there, actually listen to pretty much everything? Are people supposed to restrict their enjoyment of art to particular genres?

Charles manson haircut

Nobody listens anywhere close to "pretty much everything", everybody has genres that they favor over others

I'm ok with pretty much anything. Obviously there' stuff I dislike, but for the majority of the situations i'm in, it's easier to say I like anything.

only sperglords get upset over bad music

I say this because I'm not going to tell someone I listen to like opn and jean michel jarre if I know there's no point/no chance of taste overlap

which is it? are there genres you favor or are you just not interested in being honest about your musical preference? either way, judging other people for liking many genres and then contradicting yourself like that seems a bit silly.

>only spergs get upset over bad music
dude, this is literally the most retarded thing I've ever heard. There's a difference between being upset with the music being played and making a huge deal about it. If you literally don't care at all and just blindly listen to every shitty song you very obviously don't care about music. That being said I'd never make a fuss over having to listen to shit music because I think that's silly.

mostly just not interested. I'm honest with close friends but If I'm in a car with someone blasting nightcore and they ask me what I listen to I'm not going to tell them about the wonderful world of ambient music, I'm just gonna say I listen to a bit of everything

so because I'm agreeable, I don't like music?

even though like 80% of the music i listen to is hiphop my favorite genre is definitely shoegaze

ITT: insecure people

welcome to Cred Forums bud

who are these people? probably authentic 70s but these are the coolest fits i've seen in a long time

>tfw not a tall black man with pink pants

thats death grips dude

mine is dramatic i guess

totally

dude what am I looking at right now

? Wtf

Source pic?

when people ask me what music do you listen to i say pretty much everything

when people ask me whats your favorite genre i say industrial pop

its all about how you word the question desu