So user what music do you listen to?

>so user what music do you listen to?

How do you respond to this when the artists you listen to aren't well known and there isn't even an established genre name?

semi musical noise in chaotic time structures

Radiohead, The Beatles, the list goes on...

Merzbow. Y-you should check it out sometimes

deflect it with humor

almost always, the person asking doesn't actually give a shit

We live in an age where being an individual is pretty accepted, while being "hipster" or overly confident in liking obscure things is frowned upon.

Just say "idk I like mostly underground stuff". Leave it at that. If they ask you to name some artists or explain what you mean by that, throw out a couple artists and an throw like 2 or 3 well-known artists in so you don't seem like a fuck.

It's pretty easy for me cause I only really listen to jazz and hip-hop anymore, but I used to go through this shitty situation when I was in high school a lot.

Mostly zeuhl and RIO

>s-space music

Oh, this and that. It's hard to pinpoint.

>music that I enjoy

I mostly listen to rock, ambient and classical music.

>listens to black noise, ritual ambient, dark electro, acid house, medieval music, neoclassical, krautrock, dub techno, musique concrete, dungeon synth, coldwave, futurepop, etc.

Just say stuff

This sounds incredibly autistic

t. evil genius

I told someone I listen to shoegaze while I was drunk once and instead of giving them a structured breakdown of how the genre works I sat there going
>WEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOEEEWWERRRRRRR
With my mouth to show them what it sounds like

I say i listen to punk and electronic. It's not like most of them know what post-hardcore is.

Say the most famous thing you listen to

I just answer "everything" and ask them what they listen to.
I mean I really can talk about every genre, so why not?

THIS OR THAT THIS OR THAT THIS OR THAT

What's your favorite Acoustic Texas Blues? Spectralism? Troubadour? Stride?

I just say I like boring shit because I do.