Does Cred Forums like folk music?

Does Cred Forums like folk music?

if its folk punk yes

>folk punk
gross

Holy shit I never see that album posted on here. Some people might get butt hurt about you calling it "folk music" but nevertheless it's great.

Pentangle are great too if anyone is looking for something similar.

Gross

kys

Anyone love Joan Baez? Such a beautiful voice!

I will listen to this, thanks

>not liking pat the bunny or AJJ

plebs the lot of you

Johnny Hobo is decent and so is People that can Eat People, but as a whole folk punk is low effort garbage.

And you have no right to be calling anyone else pleb.

Can't go wrong with Gregory Alan Isakov.

>Johnny Hobo is decent
nah just your typical angry junkie punk playing guitar pats later stuff is far better

Fuck yeah

yes!

yes

I loved Fairport Convention but I had no idea Richard Thompson was even in the band. Also Richard Thompson fucking rules.

who richard thomposn

Where to start

Rumor & Sigh is probably his most well known work but I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight is a close favorite of mine. He has a ton of albums to go through. I kind of like his voice as he ages more than when he first started. I went back home to visit my folks and saw him with my dad a few weeks ago.

buk

Yes, Folk-Rock like Fairpoint is great also.

Richard Thompson is cool shit. Although with Fairpoint Convention I prefer Sandy Denny's vocals.

I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight is a really good album though.

lel, these bands are about as plebian as it gets

Phil's output is great. Hope he's doing alright.

Check out Sandy Denny's solo albums too if you like that.

oh hey I remember Joanna Newsom covering something from this, I'll be sure to check it out.

that's a great album but not really folk at all.

I highly doubt Phil would describe himself as a folk musician.

>Matty Groves
This album is a fucking 10

I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight is maybe my favourite album ever. Amazing guitar work on it.

I want to see the bright lights tonight is such an amazing album, anyone with any interest in folk-rock should give it a listen.

Matty Groves is good but Tam Lin is the objective best track on the album.

it fucking grooves man, I could listen to that song for hours