Is loving metalcore a bad thing?

Is loving metalcore a bad thing?

Let's have a discussion.

Reminder that metalcore is a genre that's been present since the early 90's, originally a fusion between punk, post-hardcore and metal, and should not be confused with scenecore.

nah metalcore has some good stuff, just like almost any genre

It's subgenre, mathcore, is infinitely better.

Yeah, true.
But both you and i know that scenecore adopted the name, so we know what we are talking about over here.

Bumperino

you have bad taste in music.nothing is wrong with that. Not everybody can have good taste
enjoy your metalcore and moshpits

mathcore is a code for good metalcore at this point

I know. The problem is we still have faggots like this that think all metalcore is moshpit d-beat shite.

Okay, what makes your taste superior?

I have been listening to Union of the Crown by Bury Tomorrow. I am quite enjoying it. I wouldn't call myself an expert on metalcore but I'd rate this album pretty high compared to there other work.

I like the theme which is sort of medieval knights and that. The music is suitable hard hitting, the breakdowns are solid, but there is just a little to much chugging for my tastes. Still I'd rate this album a solid 7/Counterparts.

>calls me a faggot
>no examples of good metalcore
okay

I don't ask Cred Forums for advice

Lol. The arguement.
I think the only taste you can express is your own.
NATRIUM FUCKING CHLORIDE.

except kpop

OP is listening to a track. Looks forward to this, but likes something like Fit For A King More. Thanks!

I'm now listening to Fit for a king, meet back and compare thoughts?

Sure thing.

I have listened to Shadows & Echoes and Pissed off twice now.

I rate Shadows & Echoes over Pissed off. I think the guitar work was more interesting in the first. Also I found the opening sections of the latter very reminiscent of early ADTR, not that I mind, just it isn't very interesting now.

No the other hand Shadows & Echoes is quite a solid tune. Aforementioned guitar and decent drum blasts. In the melodic section I found myself thinking of Senses fail which is a positive. I know I ragged on the other song for making me think of ADTR, but the difference here is that there are many ADTR copy cats whereas Senses fail remain relatively unique in my opinion.

Over all, an interesting band, I few like there is a little more they have to learn before they can produce songs with a little more personality but I solid showing. If I saw them as a warm up act I would not be disappointed.

nth for zao is the only good metalcore band

I've listened to some tracks from the album. OP here.
I actually really like it! The harsh vocals are kinda off for me, there is no clarity in them, but i'll get used to them. Clean vocals, on the other hand, are really good.

The band itself has a very clean sound, which is a plus. Although i hate blast beat parts like the ones on this album, The band itself made me like them. They cover that up well with the guitar parts in them.

Overall, this was a really neat listen. Now i have some music for gaming. Thanks!

No problem, I really like to listen to that album whilst running. Just a suggestion if you're into that sort of thing.

I usually don't spoonfeed fags, but I'll open an exception to bump this thread and hopefully start some discussion:

Integrity
7 Angels 7 Plagues
Hopesfall
Darkest Hour
Burst
Yakuza
Genghis Tron
Sikth
August Burns Red

+ the classics like Converge, Botch, BTBAM, Protest the Hero, some of Underoath's stuff also qualifies.

Bring Me The Horizon are a good band, not a bad band.

if it's your thing then so what? I don't like it, and you do. End of discussion.

Integrity
Acme
Creation is Crucifixion
Starkweather
Catharsis
Gaza
Cleric
Rolo Tommasi

are my jams