Why does it seem like there is less great albums since time goes on...

Why does it seem like there is less great albums since time goes on. from the 60s-90s there were classics coming out every year but this entire decade I can't think of too many memorable albums that will become future classics.

Is it because everything great has already been thought of or do artists these days just half ass it like Life of Pablo.

bump

Here you go kid:
To Pimp a Butterfly
A Moon Shaped Pool
Blackstar
The Life of Pablo
The Glowing Man
Wildflower
Bottomless Pit
Sleep Cycle
Malibu

XDD Le wrong generation amirite XDD dae like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin and dae Kanye is shit XDD

>>>>>>/reddit/

I admit Kendrick might be one but the rest of those albums are well past their prime.

I actually think MDTF is one of the only classics of the decade so far. I like todays music but there doesn't seem to be too many that blow me away

Music is more specialized now, and since normal people don't need to buy albums to hear their favorite singles cause they can just YouTube them, the format doesn't have mass appeal anymore. Since more serious music fans tend to look for something specific to their taste and "normies" dont listen to albums really, the only think close to consensus is in the hipster grey area pitchfork capitalizes on.
There are exceptions like that adele album, to pimp a butterfly, the new Beyonce album, but for the most part that's how I see it.

Sleep Cycle and Blackstar are the best ones on the list maggot, fuck off to r/music

people only like blackstar because he died but its really mediocre

you have terrible opinions
there is great music in across all eras

Classics are coming out every year still, they just aren't classics yet you mong

you see, op, people like you and me, are deep, thinkers. we need, great things, for our great minds, to analyze.

You're a pleb.

This is a fact.

Stop listening to damn dad rock, more classics have came out this decade than the 60s and 90s combined already.

Music died in 1913
>inb4 le epic YT comment.

Holy fuck look who's talking, your comment is reddit af

Okay, but compare that to a list of top albums from each decade 60s-90s and I don't think it will stack up

it's because it takes like 30~40 years for the classic and iconic albums/songs to really show if they're timeless.

b8

Creativity in music is dying. Everything is so derivative and boring now.

>inb4 dadrocker lewronggeneration

People who are so deluded as to think that all eras will be equal in creativity and quality of art are fucking retards who are lying to themselves.

Bullshit. Very soon after classic records like Blonde on Blonde, TVU&N, Sgt Pepper's, Exile on Main St etc were released they were already canonized as classic albums. It takes five-ten years at most for a classic to be recognized.

Considering Bottomless Pit to be a future classic is a bit of a stretch.

those aren't classics, maybe TPAB

probably because it's so easy for anyone to release an album today and it's just so much music to sift through

What exactly do you mean by "depraved and boring"? It sounds to me like you're not looking far enough for good music that was released this year

>I don't listen to anything but what pop culture feeds me

All but one of the albums that you mentioned came from artists that were wildly popular at the time of their release, and charted in the top 10. Of course these came to be considered classics. It work by lesser known artists that take time to become classics.

Look at Just Another Diamond Day by Vashti Bunyan. It's often considered a masterpiece of contemporary folk or Chamber Folk or Freak Folk or whatever depending on who you talk to. That album was released in 1970 as the debut of a completely unknown artist, sold horribly and failed to chart, and the artist disappeared for 35 years afterwards. It was until about 2000 that the album began to receive recognition. So not everything becomes a classic as easily as an album by the Beatles

Obvious bait. if not bait, contrarian faggot

Music hit its peak ever since Ice Cream For a Crow.

>all that fotm