Why do some people here have such a problem with the label "electronic music"?

Why do some people here have such a problem with the label "electronic music"?

It's all just EDM, IDM or hip hop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rkxWkXYzVrs
youtu.be/E-h6uB6sZ1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

idm is technically hip hop
and hip hop is technically edm

It's almost as useless as saying you have an eclectic taste.

Each of those genres only have a handful of artists worth listening to though.

I hate labelling Electronic music as dance music. I don't fucking dance to it, so why do I call it Edm/Idm. Why is downtempo and the like still encompassed by edm?

Electronicfags get triggered so easily
>edm
>techno
>electro
>electronic music
Any of these terms trigger a typical electronicfag

whats this op? youtube.com/watch?v=rkxWkXYzVrs

Techno and electro are actual genres though

What genre is this tho?
youtu.be/E-h6uB6sZ1Y

because rock writers in america don't want to ever have to deal with any of it
it's a hand-wave

I've seen people froth at the mouth just by mentioning either of those

This is unironically true
It's either

EDM, aka repetative music for dancing in clubs. Only good for DJs and degenerate clubgoers

IDM: electronic noise. muh innovative textures muh odd timesig breakbeats. Boring but considered revolutionary and avant-garde by RYM-using avant-kiddies

hip hop: rhythmic talking in front of a beat. A fundamentally good genre whose potential is squandered by boring niggers

Well then they don't know their shit and probably divide everything into "IDM" and "not IDM" or something

EDM is just the same as rock then

Except rock is mainly for home-listening and is generally structured as pop, dance music is for dancing and is less reliant on lyricism and artistic expression, it's just meant to get you hype

No it's not, it's primarily for live shows, has been since day one and pop, rock and EDM are all made for dancing to, stop talking utter shite.

I could probably count the rock/rock related artists I can think of with half-decent lyricism on one hand.

are you ironically posting like a pol babby or what

>indie babby thinks that all rock has bad lyrics because his favorite p4kcore bands do
Maybe listen to more music, maybe even- *gasp*- music made before 1990.

I was actually thinking almost exclusively of music from before 1990 and I'm not sure what p4k has to do with the quality of rock lyrics

Rock and EDM are both made for live entertainment for people to dance to, take drugs (incl alcohol obv) and be degenerate.

Literally the only difference is the instruments used.

Kill yourself.

And musique concrete, onkyo, EAI, synthpop, industrial, ambient, modern pop...

What

There's a vast distinction between electronic dance music like house, techno, breaks, etc. and what America has dubbed "EDM"