Help me Cred Forums I have had no taste in music my entire life...

Help me Cred Forums I have had no taste in music my entire life. I was raised listening to classic rock meme music on the radio. Then I just started listening to electronic. I like a couple songs but most of what I have listened to is meh. How do I develop a Good taste in music? I'm open to anything but country really.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V41gDDWEPso
youtube.com/watch?v=jdYG-Nh_AxU
youtube.com/watch?v=bCtv07ZnNBg
youtube.com/watch?v=s3BlDGlEJG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tim Mcgraw's seminal debut LP

>I'm open to anything but country really.
Listen to this faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=V41gDDWEPso

Why do people hate country so much?

>anything but country
no
>youtube.com/watch?v=jdYG-Nh_AxU

but really, if you had to name 5 artists/bands you really like from any genre, who would they be?

Classism and insecurity

The people who hate country the most are middle-class white people who want to pretend that they're more hip than they are and so pretend to hate the music they perceive as too "low-class" for them

Proggy but accessible as fuck. Kind of like what it would be like if Syd Barrett joined Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=bCtv07ZnNBg

Oh, I'm from the UK so I had no idea about the class thing. Just seems dumb to rule a genre out for no apparent reason

there's also the complete lack of exposure most people have to anything other than radio country so it's been unjustly stereotyped as stagnant, simplistic, and pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Because it's awful.

It's mostl just rednecks singing about their, wife, their truck, beer, living in a rural area, and other shit that most people don't give a fuck about.

Plus, as someone who lives in a southern state and has plenty experience with rednecks, people who like country are basically like the South Park "dey tuk er jebs" characters.

Uneducated, lower class, conservative Christians who hate gay people and think America is perfect the way it is, yet also want Donald Trump to fix everything wrong with the nation.

Listen to this, user :)
youtube.com/watch?v=s3BlDGlEJG8

Fucking this. The Ancient Tones album by Ricky Staggs is a masterpiece

Surgil Simpson? A sailors guide to earth?

Hard mode: You listen to everything on this image
Easy mode: Just listen to the Cred Forumscore section of this image and then start exploring the world of music deeper.

Haven't heard it before.

Also, not all country is awful - just about 99.9 percent of it.

Chris Stapleton is pretty good, but even Billboard puts him on the Americana charts because it's more than just cheating wives and Bud Light in his songs.

you are just talking about bro-country/top-40 country a minor part of country music. Why don't you actually listen to some real country before making generalizations.

As a Cred Forumsack who absolutely hates uncultured people like you, I, somehow, can't hate those "dumb, conservative, christian rednecks" for a simple reason.

Without them, God-emperor Donald J. Trump would lose a lot of voters, and Cred Forums doens't want that, we know they are uneducated, but, at the same time, they are a necessary evil, something a ghost from /leftypol/ like you would never understand.

Listen to Hank Williams and old country hillbilly blues (like on the anthology of American folk)

Definitely listen dude, it's an amazing album

I have. Chris Stapleton, Johnny Cash, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, etc.

It's bad.

Even for the artists above and others like them, it's bad. It almost always sounds like the singer just heard someone died and so they decided to write a song about living in the mountains to make other people feel as depressed as them.

>Oh, I'm from the UK so I had no idea about the class thing.

>something a ghost from /leftypol/ like you would never understand.

I've lived in Kentucky my whole life. Trust me, I understand the necessity rednecks in elections.

do you ever listen to the shit you spew and question if your autism has an upper limit

Literally wut
Since when did poor folks listen too country
People say they don't like it because it's seen as dad music in a bad way
It's music with literally 0 edge not hip or cool

Don't know why you're trying to use Chris Stapleton as an example of great country, but okay. Johnny Cash is a musical legend that inspired nearly every singer songwriter from the past 40 years. Only heard one albums by TNGDB and that was so long ago i barely remember it.

>Even for the artists above and others like them, it's bad. It almost always sounds like the singer just heard someone died and so they decided to write a song about living in the mountains to make other people feel as depressed as them.

that may just be the worst and most overly-generalizing criticism I have ever heard.

Here's a list of exceptional country artists:

Townes Van Zandt
16 Horsepower
John Prine
Bonnie "Prince" Billy
Magnolia Electric Co.
Robbie Basho
The Jayhawks

All you get is country recs until you learn to stop being a prejudging over-generalizing asshole.