These guys are unironically great right? no idea what Cred Forums thinks of them

these guys are unironically great right? no idea what Cred Forums thinks of them

Toxicity was a decent 7

They are. Their armenian influences result in some really interesting melodies and chord changes, which resulted in a unique sound. Plus, their songwriting is memorable and Serj is a great singer.

I concur

They were the only alt metal band to properly balance angst with fun.

I got back into them like a year ago after not listening to them since like 2008. I throw them on occasionally and enjoy it. Can't tell if its ironically or not. One of my favorite bands to sing along to in the car

Angst, fun, and politics. They were exactly the band that the 2000s needed.

Politics is a subgenre of angst.

one of the few bands that can balance satire, political commentary and metal incredibly well. hypnotize + mesmerize are two incredible albums, not to mention the rest of their discography. 10/10 band.

As a long time listener to SOAD way back in my adolescents, I still rep them as much "overrated hate" as they get. Music that makes me feel better driving home in rush hour

Respected: System Of A Down > Toxicity > Mesmerize > Hypnotize > Steal This Album.

What I bump most often: Mesmerize > Toxicity > System Of A Down > Hypnotize > lost the copy to Steal This, don't care aside for nostalgia

chop suey is a legitimately great song

I also find old Slipknot as a good road rage cure along with old Mastodon and BTBAM, but SOAD is my saving grace in those moments.

Well put user.

great band, this thread got me in the mood for them

so when the fuck are they gonna put out a new album

When they want to.

Mesmerized is GOAT

they're great but i can't listen to them without feeling like i'm regressing back to my high school self

when Serj's solo career stops being successful for him

What did they mean by this?

2 weeks ago

I think its Daron's house or something. They could just be jamming

is it actually successful?

I wouldn't mind just the three of them making music. Im not crazy about Darons vocals though. then again wasn't too crazy for Serj's either

-

they're unironically good, and especially good compared to bands in that similar sphere of music and demographic

>>>/middleschool/

they are great what can I say

yeah but name a better middle school core band besides maybe deftones

Ha! You sure showed them!

i liked it when Cred Forums was much more elitist and this kinda shit stayed in Cred Forums

totally a guilty pleasure for me. pretty much the only nu metal band that i don't completely hate.

SOAD have been the guilty pleasure of us pretentious folk since forever

Toxicity [American, 2001]

overarrangements no prob for we who avoid art-rock like the plague this means to cure ("Prison Song," "Bounce") *

Mezmerize [American/Columbia, 2005]

Firm in their convictions and (relatively) simple in their art rock ("B.Y.O.B.," "Radio/Video"). *