At what age did you grow out of metal, Cred Forums?

at what age did you grow out of metal, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYoB2Tj3LR8
youtube.com/watch?v=XVGcS5YWg_M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd 'do' this guy

then i started listening to emo

what did he mean by this

10/10 nostalgia

I didn't, I just turned to drone metal around 20.

Wasn't a metal guy to begin with though.

>leave babbyshit metal behind
>become nĂ¼-male cuck
poor lil' feller

never had a metal phase

>clean cut hair
>collared shirt
>nu male

15 thanks god

>has beard and/or glasses
>and/or
>+ he's wearing a flannel shirt
what you thought because you shaved no one snickers at you behind your back m8?

Started to listening metal at age 13. Done at around 15. I'm 18 now. And I listen to emo.

at what age did you grow from old boots to new dirt, Cred Forums?

from a handsome young man to a potato in a hat
well done

never forget

I'm 24 years old and I'm currently listening to Leprosy by Death at 7 in the morning; I probably have more fun with music than you do.

i bet people laugh at you because you're insecure.

Near the end of Highschool I started going to Cred Forums and it broadened my tastes by quite a bit. I'm still a metalfag though.

Man I miss the old last fm layout

Me too, it's gone to utter shit now, the suggestions it gives me are stuck in 2010 most of the time too

nah I'm what you'd call a chad m8 I do all the laughing

i grew into it desu

Never?

My sister got me into Nightwish when I was 12 or so. Around 2006, I heard Dark Tranquillity and Lamb of God on the radio, and got into Groove and Melodeath. Sat around there for a long time, before a friend a couple months ago recommended me Bolt Thrower. Been broadening my metal horizons since then.

Metal is a really good genre desu, even if the aesthetic of the genre is stupid bullshit ranging from b-list horror movies, to dragons and elves, to lmao satan, to actual neo-nazism.

Wow he was really good looking,wasnt he?

15? I'm 23 now and I still listen to some in the gym though. No interest in discovering new bands.

R8 my metal collection

Still is mate

>

I didn't grow in or out of it.

Like most people with an open mind I can enjoy some metal, but it doesn't make up the majority of what I listen to.

Anyone who thinks not listening to it (and instead listening to indie pop, hip hop, and other equally juvenile genres) somehow makes them mature is just as much of a faggot as your average close-minded metalhead.

At 17 i was done with being a metalhead.
I still listen to burzum,paradise lost and some old school doom/death stuff now and then but it's only a small fraction of what i used to.
Metal is an inherently juvenile genre just like rap so the majority of artists within it tend to cater at insecure manchildren and angry teenagers.

probably would still be into it if nightwish and in flames didnt release complete shit after 2007

Got into it when I was 8, broadened my horizons a bit when I was like 15 or 16. Came to Cred Forums when I was 17 and realized that almost everything I've listened to so far was shit. Am 20 now and got into Stoner and sludge metal recently, cool stuff.

Reminder that if you ever "grew out" of metal you were never a true fan and probably only listened to mainstream buttmetal shit

Oh fuck this means I never actually liked Barney the dinosaur

>you were never a true fan

Thank god

I was into old school underground black/death and a lot sludge/traditional doom/stoner. Hated metalcore,djent and any other abomination that come out after the 90's. Still grew out of metal though and I don't know exactly what "buttmetal" is tbph

Only cucks grow out of metal

you poseur fuck

Does anyone have that image of him on FB where the "after" version of him is still completley intolerably autistic

He never "grew up" thats for sure

super entry level but good

>Metal is an inherently juvenile genre
So you listen to jazz and classical so that you appear sophisticated to all the friends you don't have and pretend like your musical preferences somehow make you enlightened by your own intelligence. Not listening to music because its fun is straight up autistic, you should listen to what you like regardless of how "sophisticated" it seems to others.

I "do not" have his "picture"

scrumptious

>I don't know exactly what "buttmetal" is tbph

youtube.com/watch?v=hYoB2Tj3LR8

how many layers of irony are these guys on?

>it's an Avant teens on Cred Forums pretend they're mature for not liking Metal thread

youtube.com/watch?v=XVGcS5YWg_M
Say what you want, I will listen, love and live my metal forever!

I don't know exactly how to respond because your whole post is based on assumptions regarding my music taste.
I'll just let you know i actually don't really like jazz and i barely can appreciate classical music. Also i almost never talk about my taste in music in front of others unless i know we have similar likes.
And yes metal is indeed juvenile which is not necessarly bad unless you completely lack self awareness which most metalheads do.
>Not listening to music because its fun is straight up autistic
I don't find metal fun anymore because it exactly fits into the whole "sophisticated" category while pretending to be musically superior with all these bands claiming classical influence and whatnot. If you are unale to conceive why would someone thinks metal is boring then yoou are the autistic one sir.

>he has to look a certain way depending on music tastes
oh children

Haven't seen this pic in a while damn

It's funny, because whoever wrote this post may never realise the irony in saying
>"You are the autistic one sir"

"shut up"

at ~17yo, i went from Marduk to Belle & Sebastian...
(I still listen - rarely - to some TNBM tho)

cute
why do i have a thing for beta-males with glasses

idk maybe about 5 or 6, user.

sort of like how you'll never "realise" the irony in saying that he'll never "realise" the irony in saying "you are the autistic one sir"

13, 14ish. First music I was into was metal, my older brother and my friends older brothers were all in metal bands and we would go to the shows and where ducking job for a cowboy shirts when we were like 11. Towards the end of middle school I got really into indie rock and softer stuff. In beginning of high school got really into rap for most of it, now that I'm older I listen to mostly indie and rap, I can listen to metal in small amounts for the nostalgic value but don't enjoy it past that.
/blogpost

you cant just /or/ everything lol
point of a stereotype is that it contains multiple things at the same time
even the most insecure guys wont take /or/ /or/ /or/ seriously

I actually grew into metal, I used to be alt/indie rock guy when I was 13-15

19, still do, play in an active metalcore/death metal band, I listen to more alt rock now but I love playing metal/hardcore. Used to play bass in a tech death band but it sadly dissolved.

Metal is a celebration of music in all its theatrical excess. I chuckle when people tell me they don't like metal because it means they cannot appreciate music on the same level as me.
Not even memeing.

I went through a Blues, Folk, Electronic, and indie phase throught milddle school and into high school. Got into Metal in college and haven't stopped. It's my primary genre of choice these days.

Metal has nothing to do with age. If it did then why is it being made by guys in their 30's and 40's on average? Get the fuck over yourself. Jesus christ.

the point of the nu-male meme is it's a catch-all for all the people who aren't fully autistic but are too much of a loser to be a normie
>tfw not a single item on the nu-male list applies to me
>not sure if autistic or normie

HOLY SHIT BRUH WHAT DA FXXK

Metal died in 1993. Only 12 good albums have been released since then (most of them in 1994, being already recorded by 1993). Metal achieved its creative peak in albums like Onward to Golgotha, Pure Holocaust, and The Red in the Sky is Ours, elevating the genre into a legitimate art form. Now, thanks to Slaughter of the Soul and Gojira, all its potential was squandered and the genre has been reduced into being mere gimmick ridden noise for drunk idiots (i.e. the lowest common denominator - stop trying to turn underground metal into AC/DC).

Where is this from

I used to be friends with him on fb when i was on fb
We used to have a Cred Forums subsidiary group called /mew/ with a bunch of mentally ill and toxic as fuck people
Good times, not really

Glad to see this meme I forced 4 years ago still gets replies

JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIST ! I LOVE YOUUUUUU

>dat look at 0:35
>those dancing swords at 1:06
>those lyrics
kino/10

Only entry level shit

Wasn't sure how serious this is until that moment with dancing swords

10/10

I don't think I'll ever grow out of it entirely. I'm currently on an exploration where I listen to pretty much everything (not even memeing), and metal makes up roughly 30-40% of what I listen to at the moment. And even if I'm not sure this will last, I'm positive I'll still listen to a good portion in the future, exactly like I still keep returning to downtempo (which was the only thing I listened to when I was 6-10 basically).

This, literally this.

I'm 18 and I've been listening to metal since, I don't know, I was 11 or 12? I started with Metallica's MOP and Iron Maiden's Number, but I've went deeper and deeper into metal as a whole. I mostly listen to black/drone/death/thrash when it comes to metal, though I listen power and heavy from time to time.

I'm not strictly listening to metal, nor am I the kind of faggot that thinks metal is the only genre worth listening to. I love Death Grips and experimental stuff, I listen to electronic, old school punk and rock, and to old school rap, stuff like NWA, WTC etc. I can listen to whatever as long as it's worth of my time. I don't really get this meme where people think metal is a high school phase. Fuck off.

19.. But that's only because I found noise. And I still listen to tech grind and doom every once in awhile so maybe I got a few more years in me.

Wow you got worse

>Metal has nothing to do with age. If it did then why is it being made by guys in their 30's and 40's on average?

>Comics aren't for children because they're drawn by adults

>comics are for children

I've never been into metal. The closest I've been was listening to some sludge after enjoying Black Flag's My War and wanting to find similar stuff, but I didn't branch out far.

I've always been turned off by metal culture. The album covers, the style, and the fans especially.

>those autistic captions

Why don't you watch original video, user?

>i love death grips and experimental stuff

Why are you putting the word realise in quotes?

Wanting music to be interesting, emotional, or literate on some level doesn't make you a tryhard

>NWA
shit taste

I bet you think the Ramones aren't HARDCORE AND BRUTAL ENOUGH

In theory, metal is today's real rock and roll--the music of the people. It's basic, it's rude, kids love it, parents hate it. But the closer you look, the stupider and more delusory it seems. Metal isn't basic--it cultivates a pseudo-virtuosity that negates content. The dreams it promulgates are usually foolish and often destructive. Eighty per cent of the "people" who like it are male, and 98 per cent of them are white.

I tried listening to some of the popular stuff but i just can't get into it
I've been meaning to try get into it again and explore some of the sub-genre
But one thing though that i kinda hate is that almost every single album cover from the 80s till now is the same kinda "badass" high fantasy or satanism shit

>wanting to get into metal
dude you're so open-minded!!!

>>>/reddit/

you're a narcissist

>A FUCKING WHITE MALE

listen to liturgy. they're the best metal band

There's literally nothing wrong with that

>not liking Barney until you're in the retirement home

lmoa poser

>wanting to get into a genre that you've never enjoyed to seem like you have le eclectic tastes
>wanting to get into a juvenile, artistically worthless genre for teenagers
lmao kys

>le kys xD
you have a point, but please go back to watching leafy and filthyfrank and never come back

I still listen to metal occasionally but as a genre it's basically over and metal fashion is painfully cringe and juvenile like most of the music itself.

>Metal is today's real rock and roll

That hasn't been true for a long ass time. Metal is too irrelevant at this point and has been replaced by EDM and hip-hop as the cool and edgy thing kids like and parents hate

>That hasn't been true for a long ass time.
He wrote that in 1988

Which is weird, since hip-hop and 'EDM' peaked in the 90s.

I know the mainstream operates on a delay, but it seems like the delay is more dilated than usual?

thanks for your perosonal opinion but in my own opinion that isn't true.