What is considered real music...

what is considered real music? or is modern music at the point of no return in terms of how pretentious it and it's listeners are?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L91TSvvuio0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Western tradition from Bach to Stravinsky.
Pre-Baroque is a quaint interest at best and popular music doesn't even bear mentioning.

Are you implying classical music isn't high brow and pretentious as all hell?

>pretentiousness

I think for something to be pretentious it has to be regularly overanalyzed. You can totally overanalyze Tame Impala, it's gonna be harder to overanalyze Beethoven because there's just so much content there.

Oh, are you using 'real' in the colloquial sense of the term? How unfortunate.

Its pretty pretentious to use the term "real music"

Is classical music at the point of no return in terms of how pretentious it and it's listeners are?

>pretentious
Only brainless mongs with shit taste ever use this phrase.

>modern
So music dating from the late 1800s to the mid 1900s?
I'm not sure it has too many listeners anymore, to be honest. It's not a period I know much about, though.
Real music is any music that exists, I know that much.

There's just so much content in this music! It's amazing!

>pretentious
Oh do you know them personally?

OVER 18 QUINTILLION NOTES

All music is real but a large portion of it is garbage that can safely be disregarded.

You have 10 seconds to explain to me why being pretentious is a bad thing when you actually listen to superior music.

>inb4 subjectivity fags

You won't be able to fully comprehend it on a musically intellectual level

So you can't be pretentious and intellectual at the same time? How does that make any sense?

>How does that make any sense?
Because you said superior music. What else would you be referencing here other than intellectual music?

elaborate.

i feel like shit these days, i hate dadrock, i'm always moving forward, but i hate modern music too i hate indie producers with the same hipterish bullshit all the time, nothing original, everything is retro, everything is vintage, every experimental song is just "lolsoweirdandrandom" shit... every mainstream song is the same, trap beats with those cliche synth's... and the same fucking notes everytime.. i'm tired of those hip hop beats that everyone makes with le jazzy piano samples and hip hop beats, i hate post-rock with le 30 min. song with the same fucking riff.... i just can't, i don't even know what i like anymore. i'm sorry for my bad english i'm just gonna killmyself

Pretentious doesn't describe the music. It describes you. Of course, not everybody who listens to art music is as brainless as you

this is pretty real, there are birds coming to say hello, gusts of wind

youtu.be/L91TSvvuio0

>i'm just gonna killmyself
Please do. We don't want your negativity in this world

Being pretentious is always autistic because you're overblowing this superiority that you think you have over people. If you were actually superior, it'd be subtle and you wouldn't always be trying to play it up as much. Pretentiousness is about trying to come off as superior, while not actually being superior

but user that's a negative comment, we are all negative people, that's why we come here, if you want possitive energy go to reddit, not even fucking with you i'm being honest

>but user that's a negative comment
You gotta break some eggs to make an omelet
>we are all negative people, that's why we come here
>that's what I do, so that means everyone else does the same
Yikes

Are you thinking about killing yourself as well?

That's what you get for taking Cred Forums and Cred Forums too seriously.

>no u
Absolutely fantastic.

>this is all he can muster up in response
embarrassing

You seem to be taking this thread seriously, seems a little....pretentious.

real music: music i like
unreal music: music i really really like
not-music: music i don't like

>It's complex, therefore it is good

Sorry, I don't spend my valuable time attempting to one-up human refuse. Enjoy your post-african beats.

I pity you, you probably don't even know why.

>post-african beats
>I-I totally listen to stockhausen guys

Classical has lost it's relevance due to popular culture. Why study theory and have the patience and money to indulge on a symphony when you can just tune into the radio and have an earworm delivered to you instantly?

Putting it this way makes popular music seems ultimately shallow, but that isn't the case. Popular music is a medium for intense creativity and feeling, it's just within the confines of a shorter and stricter musical outlet. In every sense, popular music is the real modern music.

nobody has watched it, that's a shame,. there's a bit where a blackbird flies out of the headstock

or it was a crow, not sure

Just because I believe that Stockhausen coined a decent phrase doesn't mean I like his music. Once again failing to appear superior in your false modesty.

No, it's because kikes are spreading niggerbabble everywhere to make the white man dumber. You fucking cuck.

Epic post! Don't forget to show mommy so she gives you desert tonight.

I live on my own, I managed to work hard and become a manager at my local supermarket. Alas, no wife yet, women are brainwashed to like niggers though and I refuse to spend my money on whores. Nice try though numale.

Are you calling me fat? I am not. I'm not very attractive, but I am not fat.

I mean, art music is still relevant in academia, and you don't need to know theory to just have a base level of enjoyment of a piece of art music, though they won't really understand it or why they enjoy it.

>it's just within the confines of a shorter and stricter musical outlet
for the most part, I suppose. But Popular Music is just a descriptive term, and beyond the criteria that makes something popular music, the music can be anything

what don't you like about stockhausen? Besides, the term is Post-African Repetition not beat, and I disagree that it's even a bad thing.

>what don't you like about stockhausen?
I didn't say that I didn't like him
>the term is Post-African Repetition not beat
I know this

Music is sound organized in an intentional manner. This would generally exclude things like field recordings or indeterminacy but some people still consider those music. People are mixing up something being good with something existing in the first place.

>Just because I believe that Stockhausen coined a decent phrase doesn't mean I like his music
>I didn't say that I didn't like him
Do you like him or not

I'll keep that private thank you very much.

>what makes you say that?