What does Cred Forums think of Red Hot Chili Peppers?

What does Cred Forums think of Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPmHLv9XHMM
youtube.com/watch?v=VDGiJwSQ9OY
youtu.be/y0Zm-ELfXEU?t=35s
youtu.be/j1zec-toMac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

d-dad?

They're spicy

he's a big guy

>what I got I'm gonna get it put it in you

what did he mean by this?

New album is shit, I love the rest

overrated as fuck for sure, but its not all that bad

i'm glad they exist. i'm glad anthony kiedis is still alive.

i don't love them, but they put good energy into the world.

Overrated dad rock

4u

They're OK. Like, I don't have them on my playlist, but if I'm on a car and someone plays their stuff I wouldn't be annoyed.

Any album aside from the Navarro one without Frusciante is garbage. The albums that aren't garbage however, are chocked full of solid jams.

That came out a little backwards, what I meant to say was all of the non-Frusciante albums besides the one with Dave Navarro are shit.

NO JOHN
NO PARTY

do we need to have this thread every day

i browse Cred Forums every day and i rarely see a RHCP thread

maybe i'm just asleep during the right times

i think that I DONT EVER WANNA FEEEEEELLLL like i did that day

One of the worst bands of all time.

Bad and overrated as Queen.

Queen is indisputably the worst band of all time. The Chili Peppers at least had a lot of solid, genuine tracks among their library of filler. Even Queen's hits are cheesy bombastic garbage.

Californication, Stadium Arcadium, and Blood Sugar Sex Magik are great albums.

They also have some good songs from other albums (By the Way, Can't Stop, Higher Ground, Soul to Squeeze).

The Getaway is okay, but not great.

I'm With You and One Hot Minute shouldn't exist.

Overall, they're a great band and they deserve their place in the Hall of Fame and music history in general. I just wish John would come back so they could make one last patrician album.

>for the what...8 millionth? time...
Good band, especially if you play music at all and have had any life experiences
> unlike half the board
Don't expect Cred Forums to like anything that requires a fair amount of life experience to appreciate. If it isn't soulless, fake, or obscure they probably wont really enjoy it. They would rather sit around judging the Chili Peppers fanbase than actually having a logical discussion about why they don't like them.

Oh...also...don't forget...now that I said that they will immediately want to have a 'logical discussion' about how I'm wrong.

Nice basslines.

wow what a cringefest.

RHCP sucks dick and cock

The lack of self awareness is killing me.

RHCP are overrated but not a bad band by any stretch. Their sound is enjoyable for me.

Kideis is the least talented member of the band and pretty much why I don't listen to them. And I mean less talented than the drummer.

He's a founding member though, so they couldn't ever really kick him out. He's awful though I agree, and he ruins their live shows which could arguably make them the best arena rock band in the world. At least he puts on a show though, it just bothers me how little he seems to realize that he is a burden on the band whenever I see him in interviews and stuff.

Go back to Cred Forums

BABY
METAL

who are babymetal and why are they a supporting act for fucking everyone now?
it must be a front for the yakuza

THANK YOU
If a band can put out a song as shitty as "we are the champions" they can put out no good music

J pop plus metal

>And I mean less talented than the drummer.
what the fuck? chad smith is widely acknowledged to be a fantastic drummer

Their 90s music has aged the best of all the big 90s arena bands (pumpkins, pearl jam etc).

Don't care for anything they did after Californication, and BSSM is the last album I would consider actually good

They have been preaching world domination for years now and they are making good on it

It is absolutely a cult and I am gladly a part of it

[spoiler]Flea and William Ferrell watched them perform at side stage 2 months ago at a festival they were both a part of in Japan and enjoyed it so much they asked them to open[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Babymetal has only opened for Lady Gaga before 2 years ago, this is rare, and they never have openers themselves.[/spoiler]

Rob Halford sounds so awful nowadays, its kind of sad.

I thought Dr. Robotnik did okay

it was a little cringey but overall fun and sounded pretty good.

A band I grew up listening to and love. BSSM, Californication, and By the Way are great albums. Stadium Arcadium is good but overrated. I'm With You is good and underrated. The Getaway is mediocre but has a few great songs. I will regret not seeing them live when they break up.

>not realising OHM is their best album by a mile

BSSM is GOAT

stadium arcadium and anything after is dog shit, everything else is ok/pretty good

It's a really, really interesting failure.

never heard of them

If you listen to Queen, the first thing you notice is just how...bad they are at playing their instruments. RHCP are very solid musicians who have an extremely tight groove.

>Their 90s music has aged the best of all the big 90s arena bands (pumpkins, pearl jam etc)

I wouldn't call Give It Away not a dated song, though I believe their sound held up better mostly because they were relevant post-1999 while Smashing Pumpkins et al did jack all.

Mother's Milk [EMI, 1989]

Punks who loved Hendrix and P-Funk, they've decided to cash in on their excellent taste. Problem is, they didn't have the chops to pull it off before and now that they've pushed the guitarist up front, they sound even cruder. But I'm sure they're nice guys. Even mention "compassion" in the first verse of the first song. C+

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mystiks ("Give It Away", "Breaking the Girl") **

One Hot Minute [Warner Bros., 1995] *bomb*

Californication [Warner Bros., 1999]

New Age fuck fiends ("Scar Tissue", "Purple Stain") *

By The Way [Warner Bros., 2001]

How desperate rock scribes are for remaining bands of any commercial clout that this release was greeted with Hosannas in a slow news month. This piece of let's-slow-things-down-a-little isn't too bad unless you're looking for thee funk. Problem is, it's not enough to simply get all reflective. You're supposed to say something about maturity. And unless I'm mistaken, Anthony Kiedis has never had one thing to say about anything else. B-

What I really wanna do is hug and kiss ya

Simpler times...

youtube.com/watch?v=jPmHLv9XHMM

wtf is this shit?

>He drives a kooky green Chrysler, bad as anybody's Porsche.

youtube.com/watch?v=VDGiJwSQ9OY

hn-ye

First three albums had the punk-funk...then they started to trend grunge but still had punk-funk elements, then they became REM meets Nickelback and now are on rotation at Walmarts across America...

wow numetal was so weird at first

back when they were good, yeah man...

nick cave

This is so 80s it hurts.

No Frusciante no party

Yeah they were a pretty good college frat boy band in the early days, eventually just became lame soccer mom anthems.

Rob has actually sounded really good recently. The 2009 period was a low ebb and he looked and sounded like a corpse.

At least they're not touring with Mars Volta like in 2006. That was something I could do without.

Right here girl

A fairly decent band in their own time. However, since By the Way they've really gotten quite bad. I used to really love Californication and Blood Sugar Sex Magic when I was a teenager and Flea was my inspiration to take up the bass, but I can't listen to them anymore.

This reminds me of Faith No More's video for Everything's Ruined. I know Keidis and Patton had a falling out that continues to be amusing to this day, particularly Mr. Bungle's live performances of RHCP's songs.

>New album is shit, I love the rest

So you liked I'm With You? Haha fuck off

Post this on r/cringe lol

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that he is the drummer.

"Flea in all seriousness isn't that good. I mean, come on. RHCP were vaguely interesting in the late 80s, but Christ, they fucking suck, they suck."

-- Trevor Dunn

Guys, you're getting a little too old for those nekkid shows.

I agree now, but when I first got into the RHCP I was 14 and my only access to music was MTV 2 *shudders* so I thought that compared to many other bassists he was amazing.

>tfw your friend bought you a Flea bass instruction video starring River Phoenix.

Flea isn't the best bassist in the world from a technical POV, but he's pretty good at what he does especially for a mainstream band that gets radio play. Sure, your favorite underground death metal band probably has a better bassist, but...

>Lady Gaga
more proof that she's patrician

>They would rather sit around judging the Chili Peppers fanbase than actually having a logical discussion about why they don't like them

There's two basic kinds of RHCP fans.

1. Old ex-fratboy stoners from the 80s
2. Normalfag Millenials who got into them during the Californication-Stadium Arcadium run

this is p good

youtu.be/y0Zm-ELfXEU?t=35s

They're a perfectly average pop-rock band with some catchy tunes that have been horribly over-played to the extent that I can't stand them any more. They sort of out-stayed their welcome and should've broken up a long time ago, but whatever.
They've made more worthwhile music than Foo Fighters or Green Day.

Also it was mostly John Frusciante who turned them into mushy pop rock instead of funk. By The Way was about 75% his songwriting and it shows.

They were never funk.

Well, you know what I mean. John was the guy who wanted all of their songs to sound like Under The Bridge.

Wasn't he the guy who turned into a bitchmodene faggot because they were getting too big and going away from their trveselves? Going so far as to sabotaging them on one of their biggest nights ever(at the time)?

youtu.be/j1zec-toMac

He was just a dumb kid back then. No real maturity. Eventually after almost dying of drugs and literally living under a bridge, he grew up.

dude i always thought it sounded better with his shitty junked up improv. More interesting. And it's funny noticing the frustration in the other band members

>that flick at Kiedis he does right when the intro is over and the verse kicks in

how to say fuck you with a guitar

why did he leave the last time

Apparently boredom. Wanted to do something different with his time.

He's not bad, but Travis Barker and whatzizname edgelord from Slipknot are also regarded as good, so the logic doesn't quite work.

Anthony said it himself in "Scar Tissue". John was only 19 when he joined the band, and the excesses of the rock star lifestyle especially after they became jetsetting superstars in 1991 overwhelmed him. Women, money, and drugs were being thrown at him left and right and he was still too much of a child to handle it.

I used to like them, but they're so bland now. Every single alternates between watered-down funk-rap with pseudo-psychedelic (ie shite) lyrics, and boring soft-rock.

Also, people's rating of John's guitar playing is really odd to me. He had some okay rhythm chops in the BSSM days, but that's about it.

The outro in Dani California is sick though.

To be honest the only thing that hold the Peppers back is Anthony.
I just can't stand it when he tries to sing and sound deep, he should've never taken those singing lessons.

Their prime was during their punk junkie era, the only good song that came after is Scar Tissue.

>Pic related is proof of my first statement
Easily one of the most powerful albums in terms of emotion and rawness

Is this fucking bait?
Because I'm fucking baited fuck you guys Queen is great, albeit vastly overrated.

>Their prime was during their punk junkie era, the only good song that came after is Scar Tissue.

That was when they were at their youngest, and if you subscribe to the notion that the best rock-and-roll is made by people in their 20s, then maybe.

It took me forever to realize that that's the riff from Black Sabbath--Sweet Leaf in the Give It Away outro.

HAVE WE TOLD YOU THAT WE'RE FROM CALIFORNIA? CALIFORNIA! CALIFORNIA! DID I MENTION THAT WE'RE FROM CALIFORNIA?

Forgot pic

What the fuck does age have to do with anything lmao

It was their least pretentious, energetic and least commerical era

Apparently they're from California

Parallel Universe...annoying song. I could like Road Trippin' if it didn't sound like it was recorded on a portable cassette player.