/daily/ - "rudi's yearly thread" edition

It's the 2nd of October.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to, and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org
come here to make charts!

plug.djsdc-room-3-the-sequel
come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

synctube.orgrSome_dumb_synctube_channel
come here for he same thing as plug but with emotes

dailymu-sic.weebly.com
go there for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.ggs5Rv7zJ
come here to get bullied

Our Skype group is looking for professional, classically trained musicians only! Who the fuck are you I walked Bob Dylan on stage. You're nobody. You suck! You're a no-talent.

Our last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/irene_schweizer_trio___dewan_motihar_trio___manfred_schoof___barney_wilen/jazz_meets_india/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/natural_snow_buildings/shadow_kingdom/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/catherine_christer_hennix/live_at_issue_project_room/
youtube.com/watch?v=v0nmHymgM7Y
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/гражданская_оборона/здорово_и_вечно_f1/
uh.hu/fest-2016/program/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/deity_guns/trans_lines_appointment/
rateyourmusic.com/list/frenchie/the_open_list_to_end_all_open_lists__add_anything_you_want___/7/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/eddie_gale/eddie_gales_ghetto_music/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/monomono/give_the_beggar_a_chance__the_lightning_power_of_awareness/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_bulgarian_voices__angelite__feat__huun_huur_tu__sergey_starostin_and_mikhail_alperin/fly__fly_my_sadness/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shakti_with_john_mclaughlin/natural_elements/
mega.nz/#!t5ojCJaS!G0wfyg7KFSq2NZcAv9HPzmd1cZcNRpCRzLkZlYtOusQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cSLI0HYj_i0
mangedisc.blogspot.de/2011/01/monomono-give-beggar-chance.html
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/落差草原_wwww/霧海-wu​-​hai/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ewa_demarczyk/ewa_demarczyk_spiewa_piosenki_zygmunta_koniecznego/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/louis_armstrong/louis_armstrong_plays_w__c__handy_f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/ゑでぃまぁこん/輝く墓標__shining_on_graveposts_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/parson-sound/parson-sound/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/スター階段/京大西部講堂_1983_9_17_live/
mega.nz/#!qg4wlIrZ!jtXlqLfsCd6Wkl8-qP_Y0YLaOv8B5wvrjkyrsYKUvc4
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/町田康/どてらいやつら__wild_and_crazy_guys_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/drudkh/кров_у_наших_криницях__blood_in_our_wells__f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/drudkh/autumn_aurora/
youtube.com/watch?v=w_wYp8-I-Ro
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tim-buckley/dream-letter_-live-in-london-1968/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mark_hollis/mark_hollis/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/fuchsia/fuchsia/
telephonesband.bandcamp.com/track/mystery-powder
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/k11/chthonian_music/
youtube.com/watch?v=1RrsiGmLp_E&index=1&list=LL01kXULJIUqmw9Lf81coB8w
rateyourmusic.com/artist/mall_grab
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>links still broken

oh lol I only fixed them partly............

So after all Terminus managed to grab the last second round spot, since I don't like AyкцЫoн.
For the second round there won't be any restrictions as well, rec whatever.
For now I'll keep the weird advancing system, sorry.
Current bets:
1) Terminus (SDC, Vinter, Terminus)
2) Torts (Thomas, s, Darklands)
3) s (Jimmy Jazz, Jangle)
4) Rudi (natkingcole, Rudi)
5) Tuco (Tuco)
Those whose bet advanced, but they're not so sure about it now can change it if they want. Those whose bet miserably lost can't.

Vandal X - Instant Dislike

Strawberry Switchblade - s/t

yamir I need a rec in the genre: drone

provide

uhh idk
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/irene_schweizer_trio___dewan_motihar_trio___manfred_schoof___barney_wilen/jazz_meets_india/

p sure he left daily give me his spot

well ur both italian so i guess it only makes sense

gimme a drone rec

Hope you guys are good. Been a little while since I posted here--I've mostly been listening to grateful dead tapes anyway, so there was no point. Anyone been digging new folk/Americana type stuff? New Steve Gunn is killer as always, Ryley Walker just ok, William Tyler decent. As far as older stuff, tons of Fahey, Buckley, Jack Rose. Finishing up a set of songs in this vain, gonna start playing around town soon.

>literally who?

I wishlisted Steve Gunn since I never heard of him, I agree that Ryley was just ok. Hope he doesn't get stuck into the Martyn-clone period he seems to be passing and moves on.

porca madonna
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/natural_snow_buildings/shadow_kingdom/
if it's too long (for u) then u are an idiot and i rec this instead:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/catherine_christer_hennix/live_at_issue_project_room/

Amen. Agreed. Liked Primrose Green a lot, but he's doing this Martyn/Buckley/Crosby thing in a distracting way when he's not a lyricist to begin with

Post Feelist emerges as taste king, sorry nyarl
both ya'll had really solid recs for the first round

Sun City Girls - Borungku Si Derita
I'm a sucker for Sun City Girls esoterica, and this is good, coherent esoterica

Insect Warfare - Endless Execution...
Good, sharp to the point Grindcore, almost as if the genre is geared towards shorter releases, not half hour slog fest (wew)...

yeah grindcore albums really shouldn't be much more than 20 minutes

Aww man

Listen to it louder

No Age - Nouns
At first I was really excited because this album seemed like the inheritor of the Strawberry Jam sound (a controversial album I know, but one that holds a special place in my heart), but then I took a step back and realised that it actually wasn't that good
well, it's good in small doses, but this is a short album damn it
for what it is they do a decent job of ripping off anco, with enough differentiation to make it passable.

Mark Lanegan - Whisky for the Holy Ghost
bit average innit

A Silver Mt Zion - Really long title, why do they do this guys
pretty good, closer to Godspee than that other album I heard from them, suitably dour, the singing doesn't suck
it's pretty good

Fifty Foot Hose - Cauldron
it's like, spooky, then it's fun, then it's spooky again, I dig it

I liked how much more subtle that Silver Mt. Zion album was compared to prior GY!BE albums when I first heard it. Haven't listened in, like, a year though

yeah it was a bit more restrained in it's approach, that said, I fucking love the crescendos of Skinny Fists

Do X or Mingus

>Bullion - Pet Sounds In The Key Of Dee

I thought this might've just been a meme but there's some really cool concepts on here. Nice hip-hop/turntabilism vibe on this one and a couple great uses of the samples. I particularly liked his use of Brian Wilson's studio directions, it helped the flow of this a lot. Little things like that usually make or break an album in this style, I love when producers throw those in.

However, my biggest issue with this was the consistency. There's a couple outstanding tracks and a handful that have good ideas but don't go very far. I think this was a very cool concept and it gave me a better appreciation for the musical details in Pet Sounds. But, there's only so much you can do with a mashup like this and it ends up being a bit streaky.

Might tackle the Fishmans album next (was my original plan) but it's longer than I was expecting.

Anyone listen to the new Cohen single?
I'm gonna wait for the full release but i'd love to hear opinions.

>paying attention to Cohen after the 80s
why would you do this to yourself

is there a new LC single?
Link it, please!

i like it, very similar to his last two albums.

While Ten New Songs and Dear Heather certainly aren't that great, his two latest are really good in my opinion. Also The Future is amazing.

and you do Olé already

Spoken like someone who only listens to artists top albums on rym.

I'm being buttfucked by school, I just came out of a presentation and I have a technical report due tomorrow night.
I want to do Ole so bad, one of my favourite Coltrane albums so expect high praise.

It's ok, no pressure. For me, it's my favorite. I love his modal stuff from 1961 the most so far (Olé, Africa/Brass, Village Vanguard). Although I still have to hear some stuff here and there, I don't know if favorites will change too much.
What's your most favorite Coltrane anyway?

Has to be A Love Supreme, pure brilliance the whole way through.
Live at Birdland is very close behind though.
This could certainly change as I go through them though, as I have a lot of holes in his discography.

(One's with green fuckaroos are the ones I've heard previously)

Also Expression = incredibly underrated

Cool scores. I'll look forward to listening to expression too.
Of those unmarked, Om is certainly interesting I'd say. Ballads or his second self titled could be consider safe stuff but still have good musicianship as expected. And the John Coltrane quartet plays is certainly close to a love supreme in sound but it feels like it's lacking part of the spirituality and emotion from it.

Hmm

Listened to Unwound for the first time today. Definitely not what I was expecting it to be. (but I did like it)

the least that is expected of you is to be up to date with the memes :/

Talking Heads - Remain in Light

PiL - Metal Box

>mfw I want people to leave from the Thursday pub so o can go home, so I play Moritz von Oswald Trio

>mfw no faec

qt

that face SPOOKED me
are you cray

hampus confirmed for nazi skinhead

where did you get your swastika tattoo?

I've put together a draft of a more in-depth Coltrane chart. Obviously the formatting (especially w/ the arrows) is a bit rough, and I should label the albums somehow but what do you guys think?

Does it flow logically? Are there any big albums I missed/forgot? I'll probably try to polish this up over the weekend or something

I'm still here (like anyone cares) I'm just dying

temporarily or permamently?

>Spoken like someone who only listens to artists top albums on rym.

>confusing correlation vs. causation
jangle even in memes, you're better than this

yeah but how quickly?

I just listend to DJ viper for the day,
I wish I was noided.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/гражданская_оборона/здорово_и_вечно_f1/

temporarily
slowly and painfully

Back from the dead
Please say hello if you are Hasture and/or GaussHaus

'sup

Hi :)

I'm all alone and I don't know anyone in this state. I hope I don't just spend all day in my room and my roommate shows up soon.

beautiful. I want to protect that frown.

Oh boy

Which one if I may ask?

Thought you had an aneurism or something, but you were just making a joke about the ol' "I'm still alive, don't worry"

thats funny

what did nagasaki do this time

Banned cunt. I'll be replacing myself until I can start shitposting again.

but you will still be samefagging as me, right?

Of course. I discussed everything with myself, I know exactly what to do.

alright then

there's plenty of people in the state of loneliness
:^}

Good Lizzy.

dam…

Thinking Plague - In This Life (1989)
>avant-prog

It's definitely really forward-thinking and inventive musically, but something about it rubs me the wrong way, and I'm not sure why. I think the vocals are the main thing that makes this really unappealing to me, they're operatic but in a really amateur, grating way. The songs themselves are also really unstructured and just too ridiculously spastic, they switch styles every minute and never really latch on anything great, they just throw a bunch of styles to the wall and hope some of them stick. The mastering on this album is really poor as well, the percussion—probably the best aspect this album has—is pushed way too far to the back. Still, it definitely deserves points for being inventive, and it has some really nice moments, but I can't get into it.

2.0+

POST MORE LIZZY

Fish you should make a tinder account and start going on dates
Then you can introduce them into entry level /daily/core

Get your own nerd.

Fyi if Gauss or Hasture don't show up until tomorrow you are im charge of choosing the listenalong album for saturday

wow why be so blunt about it, put a little more heart into what you're writing :(

Ok friend, I will do better next time, thank you :-)

oh okay! just tell me if you need me.

Also jj I am very sorry I'm not have been keeping up with the memes, please have mercy on my soul

im gonna resume my long and drawn out fish drone because i feel much better than i did before

you're already doing better with these sicc dubs!
you're already doing better with these si
actually nevermind, have a lizzy though :}

Perfect, will tell you Friday night or something

i am the most predictable and least active /daley/ user

reminder

Did ya listen to the whole minor threat discog, the full album, or the ep?

disgusting

the whole discography

My roommate is cool dudes

I already have and am currently talking to a girl about Zappa :D

D O I T
O
I
T

fuck et im doin pure guava

first ween experience for me desu

>girl
>zappa
red flag, abort abort

Check if she's pregnant first imho.

that's for pussies

no thats for gynecologists

gynecologists are for pussies

Other way around I think.

no thats for gastrologists

this is going badly so ill just post a picture

is that you

no thats my friend The Venerable Sdc

Chris Knox - Seizure
rather comfortable I have to admit, great songwriting, great sounds

X - Los Angeles
Pretty good, nice cover of Soul Kitchen, definite highlight

Windy and Carl - Drawing of Sound
Man this tickles me the right way, it's great...

Life Without Buildings - Any Other City
pretty nice, the vocals are the main attraction, otherwise pretty nice

>inb4 people bag out on me for my synopses

checked out the soul kitchen cover, p ok

Norbert Kraft performing Heitor Villa-Lobos - Complete Music for Solo Guitar (2000)
>brazillian classical music, modern classical

A lot more dissonant than I was expecting, and I think this has to do both with Kraft's performance and Villa-Lobos' composition. Villa-Lobos' balances the kind of sounds you'd expect from Brazillian classical music (breezy, tropical, a bit of bossa nova influence) with some more dissonant, blues-influenced compositions. Kraft performs these perfectly, but adds his own little aggressive spin to it, balancing light fingerpicking with some loud, assertive chord strums. Of course, the vast majority of this is breezy and very pretty, which gets a bit old after a while, and Villa-Lobos' seems to not be a terribly adventurous composer, but the dissonance in tandem with this prettiness is enough to make for a very good listen.

3.0+

fucking hell guys get it together

Cat Power - Moon Pix (1998)
>singer/songwriter, slowcore

A dull album, but that's not entirely a bad thing. It works very well in specific situations, in specific moods. If you're really sad and you wanna go to sleep, I honestly can't think of a better album to listen to. Even in other moods it's still a very pretty, yet still sluggish listen. Marshall's delicate vocals combined with her delicate fingerpicking makes for a really great, calming sound, even if the melodies and songs themself leave a bit to be desired. I'm mixed on this, it's got such a great basic sound, and it's very, /very/ pretty at times, but too many of the songs are so structurally and melodically similar, it wears thin over 50 minutes.

wow

Yes

I'm at my 500th rating on rym, gybe suggestions.

>John Coltrane - Expression

Not sure how to feel about this record as a whole. Considering this is the last album released while he was alive (iirc), this seems surprisingly mild. This is still an avant-garde album and there are moments where he gets super wild, especially on the title track, but this feels more like a spiritual record to me. Also, he plays flute on the entirety "To Be" which is a bit strange but also really fun.

This album is a bit all over the place, so it's hard to give this much of a review. A bit of a mixed bag overall. I did really enjoy "Ogunde" though, so I can see it growing on me much like Kulu Se Mama.

Mostly just confuses me because I thought Trane was heading in a completely free direction but maybe he would've returned to more of his moody, spiritual vibe instead.

Based on your ratings I feel like you might be weirdly into Madlib - Brain Wreck Show

>Instrumental hip-hop
>Gangsta rap

Uhm, I'm not that sure I'll like it. Are you sure you checked out the right rym profile? lol

nvm, i just saw that the album you're talking about is Psychedelic Rock. I'll check it out thanks!

Lol, yeah Brain Wreck show is one of the wilder instrumental albums I've stumbled upon. It's completely out of Madlib's normal range, even though he makes some weird ass hip-hop beats.

It's like a plunderphonics-y/psych rock album, I really enjoyed it but you'll have to let me know what you think.

Good morning bump

careful
some of my all time favorites on there

nur weil ich friere
ist noch lang nicht winter

Did someone say vinter

Are you going to post this every day until Christmas?

vinter

European Brandenburg Ensemble / Trevor Pinnock - Six Concertos for the Margrave of Brandenburg (Rudi)
I like religious Bach more, but this is pretty good as well.

Strawberry Switchblade - Strawberry Switchblade (Terminus)
This is such girly music I can't even. I liked it for that though.

page 8 wew

uh.hu/fest-2016/program/
just look at this lineup
and i'm gonna miss everything but Dawson ;_;
you just needed an excuse to make terminus win again
just like real bureaucracy, this tourney is built on nepotism
(jk)
so i should give you a rec now i guess
any restrictions?

Don't you think it would have been easier to just rate his album higher? If I really wanted him to win, would that break me to add one point to his rate?
Also I will take into account the first round score when considering results of the second round, so basically right now Terminus has the lowest chances of advancing further than any other participant.

Vandal X - Instant Dislike (Tuco)
Vocals didn't leave any significant impression, but damn this music has some amazing energy. Think I am starting to develop a great deal of preference for noise rock.

Irène Schweizer Trio / Dewan Motihar Trio / Manfred Schoof / Barney Wilen - Jazz Meets India (s)
Eastern trad has a tendency of winning me over. That was a smart rec.

that lineup is nothing interesting

Post a meme for me QUICK!

are you blind or deaf?

Meme

no
you're nothing interesting
don't you think you should stop taking obvious jokes so seriously?
you are no fun
no fun at all
there you go

Stale.

Adequately fresh, could be better.

Plötzlich war es stockdunkel und ich hatte komplett vergessen, wie man etwas beleuchten kann.

oh boi

Oh, how is that so far btw? I really loved the Water[s] but haven't gotten around to it yet

Haven't had the time to give it a full listen yet (probably will in a bit), but the first couple of tracks sounded very promising. A bit more abstract and a bit more jazzy than The Water[s].

wow what a weird dog

Oh nice, that's exactly what I like to hear. I'll have to check it out sometime this weekend then

good meme

>Angel Olsen - My Woman

Pretty straight forward indie rock but I fucking loved it. Everything I like about the whole indie scene is in this project - great singer, catchy tunes, a bit of psychedelic influence but not too much.

Dips a bit in quality in the middle but it's still pretty great. I could see this being a project that grows on me a lot after a few listens.

Revisited this last night and god damn, it's way better than I remember. Why is this so comfy guys?

its friday and none of you virgin nerds arent here?

hey, watch out who youre calling a nerd

nope

Hey, I'm here

It's Monday morning where I live. I'm about to go to work.

studipest shit ive read all day

Thanks I tried.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/deity_guns/trans_lines_appointment/

I've found this

rateyourmusic.com/list/frenchie/the_open_list_to_end_all_open_lists__add_anything_you_want___/7/

>mfw

that's what you get for tussling with the master

Talking Heads - Remain In Light (Torts)
I heard this one, but a while ago. Yes, side A > side B.
PiL - Metal Box (Darklands)
I don't think I ever heard such cocktail, but I definitely like it.

Bets:
1) Terminus (SDC, Vinter, Terminus)
2) Torts (Thomas, s, Darklands)
3) s (Jimmy Jazz, Jangle)
4) Rudi (natkingcole, Rudi)
5) Tuco (Tuco)

love me some dark side of the moon, yeezy, and squeezy cheesy

Black Tape For A Blue Girl - Remnants Of A Deeper Purity (Kubera)
Even though is a very typical neofolk/darkwave release, I don't agree this is the bad version of Dead Can Dance. They have authentic vocals and neoclassical instrumental parts, and though I wasn't a fan of the first, the latter was p good.

Гpaждaнcкaя Oбopoнa - Здopoвo и вeчнo
Letov's expressly woeful depression music is kind of stale meme. Yeah, this insight into soviet gloomy reality is interesting, but not much else tbqh.

2nd round results:
1. s (8~)
2. Torts / Darklands (8-)
3. Tuco (7+)
4. Terminus / Rudi (7-)
5. Kubera / canine (6+)

I said I will take the first round results into account, they will basically do the same function EPs did in the first round. Will get back with the final results in a sec.

So the total results are:
1. s
2. Torts
3. Darklands
4. Rudi
5. Tuco
6. Terminus
7. Kubera
8. canine
Which means s, Torts, Darklands and Rudi advance to the third round.
So meh no restrictions in this one either. Recc whatever.

Bets (you still can bet):
1) Torts (Thomas, s, Darklands)
2) s (Jimmy Jazz, Jangle)
3) Rudi (natkingcole, Rudi)

Ghazal - As Night Falls on the Silk Road

I've been trying to write a review for this crazy Axemen album, but it's daunting. There's so much to write about, so I'm just skipping over it for now and reviewing some rando 2013 outsider tech n' house, just so I can write something.

>Breaker 1 2 - Breakin’
Sang-froid put to dance music. A very cool (calm-cool, and wicked-cool) and collected couple of outsider tech and house tracks. I hesitate to say “standard” but as about as standard as outsider house can get as far as meeting expectations. The first track is very steady outsider house, fairly catchy and danceable. The second, “DMT” goes on this exotica bend with a steady Middle-eastern-sounding (forgive me, I couldn’t be racier if I tried) synth wail. The final track, “Estonia” is pretty bare bones at first. It scatters and clatters a bunch of sounds around, emulating an emptied bag of bones or something, but quickly turns into a bit of a banger—as much as the general aesthetic of the album will allow—with a swaggering rubber bass and rattling high hats.

Overall, not particularly remarkable, but not bad. The tracks run a bit long (8-1/2, 8, 6 minutes), and the last two in particular are pretty slow-tempo’d.
>5 or 6/10

>thread's the deadest it's been in months
wow guys get a life jesus

An impressively organized tourney

Been busy as shit with school lately, haven't been able to /daily/ or listen to much new music. Currently updating the /daily/ weebly site, hopefully it'll be up to date with listenalongs and whatnot. Let me know if I should add anything.
Listening to pic related right now, it's p fucking good so far, definitely gonna check out their new album as soon as I finish this one. Lovin the blend of melodic indie rock and abrasive post-punk styles.

How have y'all been?
What's the best album you've listened to in the last couple of months?

yeah hoped you havent heard any Гpaждaнcкaя before with that recc
the first letov album you hear is always the best p much desu too much samy shit in his discog.

cause its for plants and plants are already cozy as can be

gotta take a break weekend once in a while

>(you still can bet)
I'd like to bet on Terminus.

Have you heard their EP? If you liked that album, def check it out

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/eddie_gale/eddie_gales_ghetto_music/

easily

>What's the best album you've listened to in the last couple of months?
pic
>the first letov album you hear is always the best p much desu too much samy shit in his discog.
not true, by the way
it's just that everyone here only listens to GrOb for some reason

>up to date with listenalongs
this should help
hey hello, I need you
no reaction from Gauss or Hasture

wrong pic, fugg

Nah, but I definitely will!

Danke

Yeah i meant GrOb, Eгop и Oпиздeнeвшиe and Kommunizm are quite different but still I feel like first time listening to an album of his is quite special. At least for me Здopoвo и вeчнo never got topped.

we're all fucking normies didn't you know this?

Is Essra Mohawk's Primordial Lovers okay?

>Is Essra Mohawk's Primordial Lovers okay?
Looks good, I'll make the template tomorrow

prepare to be disappointed with preoccupations desu

also make sure to check out Women's Public Strain

Have you remembered to thank Luigi Russolo today?

John Frusciante - Curtains (2005)
>singer/songwriter, acoustic rock, indie folk

I don't think any album can go in one ear and out the other more than this one. Frusciante is obviously a great guitarist, and he's an expressive, emotive vocalist, but the songs themselves are just so bland and middle-of-the-road. There's nothing wrong with them, they're just simple and dull to a fault. Frusciante's vocals often mirror the piano or guitar melodies exactly; the production is too sterile, killing most of the emotion this album could have; and none of the melodies or any of the motifs in the songs leave any sort of lasting impression at all. It's serviceable, just very bland.

nice! hope y'all like it.

seconding listening to public strain

Thanks Luigi!

So far Preoccupations ain't bad. Not living up to Viet Cong tho, definitely lost some of the edge they had. I'll check out the Women album.

Fuck you Luigi, no one gives a fuck about your bullshit machines, fuck your shit and all the dirty internet commenters that credit you as an important figure in anything but being the GOD of BULLSHIT.

every day until D. A. K.
16. 10. 16

Life is busy. Hopefully getting on with the whole listening to new music business soon.

I liked his brother more.

Converter - Shock Front (1999)
>power noise

Power noise is a very appealing genre to me, and I think Converter does it really well here. He does exactly what I think the genre should do, take some normal techno-ish beats and just distort the fuck out of them until they basically become pure mush, but really cool pure mush. However, whenever he steps out of this power noise sound and into a more standard pure noise sound, his sound loses a lot of power and it's apparent that he's out of his comfort zone. It's just standard semi-harsh noise, not painful or awful, just typical and a bit of a bore to listen to. The divide is about half and half here, but the rhythmic, beat-driven sections are wonderful, contrasting awkwardly with how mediocre becomes when the beats fade out.

2.5+

>tfw

I might do a Coltrane but I'm pretty fucking burnt out from writing.

Seriously though, it was quite a let down. They were close to recapturing the magic of This Heat and then they go and release some New Order snoozefest. Memory is a great track though.

thirded

hello

If it's not too late to pick a listen along, here's my pick:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/monomono/give_the_beggar_a_chance__the_lightning_power_of_awareness/
It's on Spotify

oh i'm done with this alright

Peter Garland - The Days Run Away (2000)
>minimalism

The sooner I come to terms with the fact that I just don't like piano-based minimalism, the better. Sparseness is a quality I like in music, but when the same exact piano phrase is repeated for 20 minutes I can't help but just lose all interest in what's going on. Garland does have a really firm grasp on subtlety, and on crafting pretty melodies, but his brand of minimalism doesn't focus on motifs and sounds being built on a static harmony and pulse, it just focuses on repeating the same exact thing ad nauseum until it becomes unberable. Pretty enough, but a boring as hell attentive listen.

2.0-

ooh, let's do that this week, that looks cool.

I'm excited for the next chart name.

fuck bitches
go on a yatch
interact with the gurl i like
fucj you
unban me from discord

What is the drink of choice tonight lad?
I'm drinking cheap german beer.

Been pretty busy on my end as well but slowly have been making more time to allow new albums to enter my routine. I checked out Unwound for the first time and was pleasantly surprised.

oh me too, I'm invested in this whole saga.

i think I've been in the discord like once

you get angry at me a lot lol

fuck
rum and veer
fuck
you
ur ratings
are shit
i love you you are qt
and i wish i could be friends with you
but man
your rating system
mmao
you a shit
but good
i love you bo joke
gimme your snapchat

we can be friends bruv but I still really don't understand why my rating system is such a bad thing. like I'm just using it to catalog shit.

my snap is natk-ingcole anyway

fucking
love you
we can
be
friendns

added

Good Morning /daily/!

Feels good to be back home! Got a date today, pretty excited but for now I need some musak. One person should give me one rec please.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_bulgarian_voices__angelite__feat__huun_huur_tu__sergey_starostin_and_mikhail_alperin/fly__fly_my_sadness/

dig
hi

>Huun Huur Tu
My friend has been raving about them for the past year, time to check it out!
Hello! How are you bud?

omg hi dug

Good night daily

Good night piggers!
umm hi!

The shamanic atmosphere this ensemble creates so far is marvellous. Exactly what I expected from this. However, the melodica was a huge surprise!

kind
of
drunk
why
do you lose your tume in here
you are above everyone
so idgi
you are amazing
handsome
sexually fullfilled
you are better than me and most of uss
you shouldn't lose your tume here
is it
boredom
idgi

What are you drinking?

And no, I'm not above everyone else. /daily/ is full of wonderful people who are just as cool as me. I guess most of people on here are a bit younger but that's about it. Maybe that's why you think like that about me.

lmao
mayb
i hate myself a but too much
i hate myself a luttke but too much
i. am drinking rum
lots of it
i lov you dig

>i hate myself a but too much
That's the issue. I had that thing and that's where it all crashed for me.

Once I started thinking more about what I enjoy and care about everything else sort of magnetically came to me. Sure there were some failures, but you gotta act anyway. Start working on yourself and the rest will sort itself out eventually.

So do that first Shamepai. If I could do it, you definitely can

haha
you see
i kind of am aware
i am a lucjy guy that lost every chance in lige
i get told i am qt
i just
suck
haha dog thanks i need to take your advice
cuz you really rock
btw
listen to the stuff ive recced that you havent
you might like it

Best of luck to you! And thank you.
>listen to the stuff ive recced that you havent
>you might like it
Can you remind me please? I try to keep a log book but it all gets lost when I don't wishlist it D:

Finished my Canada chart, if any of you guys want to know what its like to be in best country listen to these

who says a qt cant suck

fucking cabiarr
you dont realize i want to suck you off no homo
gimme your snapchat so i can fuck you
uuh
the adventures of Dj Yoda
that Cukor Bila Smert compilation
Ivorrr Darreg Detwelvulate
anything by Mortin Feldman
the Tsu Zing Eps
the Dj Krush Code something live mix
dome music like Bathak Music
if you look up the genre you will get best trad ever

screenshoted this time.

Where do I start with Feldman? I wanted to get into his shit for a while

u
start with Rothko Chapel
go to Three Voices
then listen to For Phillip Guston
and His dtring Quartet Stuff
i am so dumb with him i need to listen to his every piece

guess you might also like this then
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shakti_with_john_mclaughlin/natural_elements/
Joe Harriott and John Mayer Double could interest you as well, they have a few records where they mix jazz with hindustani music. And I know Jan Garbarek has one with a similar aim but I haven't heard it.

Any specific performers you would recommend for Rothko chapel?

uuuh
the same everyone does
UC Berkely for Rothko Chapel
EAR Unit for Why Patterns

Joe Harriott and John Mayer Double Quintet*

Awesome, thanks!

Shamepai idk about you but Cred Forums becomes some kind of magical place when I'm drunk. Suddenly everything is genuinely funnier, and so insightful isn't it?

Is it just me or both of the pieces just scream Charles Ives? The piano especially sounds like it stumbled out of the fourth symphony or maybe his sonatas. The pieces also had some Cage and Ligeti in them, especially with the choral performances.

It was an interesting and contemplative experience. Enjoyed both pieces.

well i am not so drunk now after drunk fighting with a m8
Charles Ives plays amazingly the String Quartet No 1, so i recommend you to check it out. Glad you like it however be prepared for the other pueces cause i don't find them to be as light as this one.
And this wasn't very light i guess
well fuck me but that is absolutely right

Was it Tuco asking me for an upload of this? Here you go bruh bruh

Keiji Haino - Yaranai ga dekinai koto ni natte yuku
>soft (kinda) Haino solo wankery
mega.nz/#!t5ojCJaS!G0wfyg7KFSq2NZcAv9HPzmd1cZcNRpCRzLkZlYtOusQ

I played White Light/White Heat at the bar last night, without taking into consideration, that coming The Gift, half the bar would get john cale rambling, while the other half would be drenched in screeching guitar noise. Some of the customers were...less than happy. But then i put on some Bowie and then everything was hunky dory.

_________LISTENALONG__________
Monomono - Give the Beggar a Chance: The Lightning Power of Awareness
>Highlife, Afrobeat
YT: youtube.com/watch?v=cSLI0HYj_i0
Download: mangedisc.blogspot.de/2011/01/monomono-give-beggar-chance.html

Plug listenalong tomorrow!

new schedule

funk, not beat

btw in case ur still keeping track please know i did listen to last week's listenalong but i was too lazy to fill in the chart

same goes for the week before i think? what was the listenalong from two weeks ago again

means you should drink more as long as it wont end up with
you
posting
again
this

Sounds fun tbph
did you switch after the gift or did you let it go through until sister ray

>>Highlife, Afro-Funk
ooh mite b cool

stopped doing that, it seemed like nobody cared and I didn't really have the time and motivation back then
>what was the listenalong from two weeks ago again
Al Haig Trio, I don't think anyone listened to that one

>Jacaszek - Treny (jimmy jazz) vs Phew - s/t (relgob)
I can't decide between these two. Both were pretty good but were held back by a few things. In the case of Jacaszek, the music was pretty and, considering it's one of these "chamber ambient" albums, it was surprising to me that it didn't end up feeling overly cliche. Nonetheless, its shtick, although pleasant on the ear, couldn't fully interest me for the entire duration of the album, but it works fine as an ambient album.

Phew, meanwhile, was most definitely interesting with it warped take on new wave, yet a lot of it was a little too minimal for my tastes. Uneventful weirdo pop tracks like "Closed" and "Doze" really drag this album down, while the airy piano ballad "Dream" and the post-punk stomper "Signal" are totally up my alley. Mixed bag that occasionally delivers and occasionally falls flat.

Relgob, jimmy jazz, please give me a tiebreaker EP.

oh wew I didn't know about that one at all nvm

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/落差草原_wwww/霧海-wu​-​hai/
It's on bandcamp and maybe in the archive

le chopin banane

>no Sloan
>no BSS
>the Suburbs over Funeral
pretty good chart otherwise

Darkside - Darkside EP

The most glaring omission is the lack of New Pornographers or any of the members solo albums. Get at least a Destroyer album up there.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ewa_demarczyk/ewa_demarczyk_spiewa_piosenki_zygmunta_koniecznego/

ughh
fuck me, music for hang over?

Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports

obligatory choice

Black Flag - Damaged
Misfits - Static Age

Did you get rejected?
Because free jazz is always here for you!

yes thank

I'm listening to Gravediggaz rn, probably not a good idea

I've been listening to 2pac a lot recently, as it was the 20th anniversary of his death a few weeks ago. Good stuff

>tupac
>dead

LOL women are degenerate

all of them should be kept in cages and as soon as they open their mouths they should be shot

they serve no purpose other than raping them and making babies

>tfw just want to leave everything and go somewhere new

try killing yourself

this bait will not work brother. go for something less extreme next time and people could actually take you seriously.

only if you will participate

>this bait will not work
>still replied

ok

if i was you i would do it. best lives are exciting lives.

Lmao u sure u ain't a little bit bi
tomppabeats LP is pretty chill

btw if u need me for a tourney or sth message me on rym, ill be gone for a few days

>fuck me
"no"

hey there you lovely lot
I'm doing a smol tourney later
first 8 people with a rec are in
no reservations this time

restrictions: no letter "e" in artist name or album title
:)

wew hi Georges Perec

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/louis_armstrong/louis_armstrong_plays_w__c__handy_f1/

I rec Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind
if not do Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/ゑでぃまぁこん/輝く墓標__shining_on_graveposts_/

>the

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/parson-sound/parson-sound/

That was hard.
Pick whatever interests you
Bill Orcutt - Way Down South
Pandit Pran Nath - Midnight: Raga Malkauns
Moondog - Moondog
Batsumi - Batsumi
>Graveposts
>Eddie

noted
>wew hi Georges Perec
i hope i'll manage to write some short e-less reviews
both have the dreaded "the"
also i've heard both
i'm gonna be strict this time and won't accept transliterated "e"s
try again
noted
that's kind of cheating but ok
i'll go with Raga Malkauns 'cause i liked Ragas of Morning & Light

>that's kind of cheating
gotta get ahead in the world somehow

why would you be extra strict when your restriction is already strict as it is

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/スター階段/京大西部講堂_1983_9_17_live/

here's the dl link (it's the final disc from The Noise but as a separate album, but that's why it says The Noise): mega.nz/#!qg4wlIrZ!jtXlqLfsCd6Wkl8-qP_Y0YLaOv8B5wvrjkyrsYKUvc4

>live

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/町田康/どてらいやつら__wild_and_crazy_guys_/

fugg
how about rateyourmusic.com/release/album/drudkh/кров_у_наших_криницях__blood_in_our_wells__f1/
(note Cyrillic, disregard translation)

>Not accepting transliterated Es
thas some bullshit
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/drudkh/autumn_aurora/

that's not even a word

accept my rec or i will cuck you

noted
noted
>LIVE
anyway, i'm reserving you a place
your rym 4.5s are full of 100% no-E albums

>your rym 4.5s are full of 100% no-E albums
I count two (2)

One of which is Songs: Ohia - Didn't It Rain, guess I'll rec you that since you are hitler in the flesh

i might be retarded
i just noticed that most of the albums do indeed have "e"s
however, that's a great rec and i'm looking forward to listen to it

Listening to some Phuture.
youtube.com/watch?v=w_wYp8-I-Ro

What is /daily/ jacking to?

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tim-buckley/dream-letter_-live-in-london-1968/

oh fuck didn't see the 'e' restriction
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mark_hollis/mark_hollis/

>tfw can't even get ugly chicks

i'm sorry but I've already heard this one
pls try again
thx

This e thing is fucking my day.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/fuchsia/fuchsia/

you probably can
try harder and more

noted

one more place left

been spinnin this shit, p good psych-pop for 2016
telephonesband.bandcamp.com/track/mystery-powder

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/k11/chthonian_music/

noted

thanks for the recs
tourney starts tomorrow (probably)

Tiebreak:
>Darkside - s/t (jimmy jazz) vs Prairie WWWW - Wu-Hai (Relgob)
These didn't make the decision a lot easier but I'm glad I listened to them because both of them were better than anything else recced in the tourney thus far. Darkside's laid-back art-house made for a very chill listen, a full length of this might've exposed its lack of different ideas, but at EP length it explores its style just for long enough to remain interesting throughout. Wu-Hai, meanwhile, was some sort of unclassifiable amalgamation of psychedelic rock and avant-folk injected with a heavy dose of tribal percussion. The short ambient racks were only alright but the longer jams were quite hypnotizing at times, really nice find.

Both were damn nice but Wu-Hai gets a slight edge for its originality and potential to grow on me further, I need a house rec from relgob.

Everyone knows how good Acid Tracks is.

The Flamboy-ant mix of Strings is real bad compared to the :okhand: tier original. The rest of the single is great as well, May seems like my kind of guy.

3 seems to be more like your average rating...

it's not a weighted rating system. 3 may be the rating I give the most, because I like more things I listen to than I meh at them, but average basically means not good but also not bad.

more like this?

here you go

I've started saying "xD" outloud in real life. I'm 25. Am I gonna make it?

not old enough for my tastes

bump :)

All of these are what ive been listening too recently. I only want to focus on a few though:

Brian Eno's influence on side B of Low is interesting. Outside of it sounding like a space adventure, the synth work is sooo good.

Discreet Music by Brian Eno is great. I've given the most attention to. Its' elongated chord thing is really interesting, like entrancing.

I couldnt find this last piece, but its an early electronica piece by Eliane Radigue composed entirely on a tape machine. I think its fantastic. The sound is ginormous. Just close your eyes and listen at a good volume.

youtube.com/watch?v=1RrsiGmLp_E&index=1&list=LL01kXULJIUqmw9Lf81coB8w

If anyone has drone related stuff to share that would be nice :^)

try listening to something that isn't shit for a change

Aye I need to listen to this probably. Discreet music is really good.

>If anyone has drone related stuff to share that would be nice :^)
I'm sure someone here has Doc Brown's huge drone chart saved. I would post it but I'm away from my computer. Heck, searching the archive for "doc Brown drone chart" might get it for you.

I said "kek" the other day, so it's fine
...r-right?

>le real/internet culture false dichotomy
kek is worse than xd imo

>false dichotomy
>they're literally separate things that are only blurred by the most autismal of people

what's the consensus on mall grab here?

t. only uses Facebook to follow memes

>ever having a facebook
>following memes (what)

wew

Mallgrabbers look like fools
You know they got that setup from zumiez with their stepdad's money
Almost as bad as scooter kids
They grow out of it though

Also what does this have to do with music

>/rym/ is beating us in taste once again

fuck this slow ass holier than thou general

rateyourmusic.com/artist/mall_grab

why do people like bland shot like The Voice artists? idgi
also i am not gay or bi or anything

>take a shit
>wipe
>blood every time

Thissun?

>Yeah I would suck dicks and be a bottom, but I don't feel romantic attraction to dudes, so I'm not gay

Yeah it's only liking dicks.
Dicks aren't gay.
I would never kiss a dude

i don't like dicks tho
i like this

it begins

Galaxie 500 - Today (1988)
>slowcore, indie pop

Yeah, every song sounds pretty much exactly the same, but they have such a wonderful sound on this album, and the band really knows how to tap into this wonderful sense of childlike melancholic nostalgia. I daresay I like this more than On Fire, mainly because Wareham's vocals are a lot more subdued here and the melodies stick out a lot more. These melodies are a really big draw here, "Pictures" and "Tugboat" are pretty stunning, and the melodies are just incredible. Still, and I hate to say it, it is a bit samey, but that's really only because a few of the songs have near identical chord progressions, but luckily they do branch off in very different ways, while still retaining this very similar sound. It also loses a bit when it gets a bit more fast-paced, like on "Instrumental", it does slower a lot better. Really pretty album, and isn't it just perfect for the fall?

3.0-

lol remember this chart?
..yeah me neither.

Ginga Rale Band - Wir Bedauern
Wacky prog, reminds me of a german version of Gong. Definitely sounds more like early british prog than krautrock. Still pretty good.
6.0 /10

If you give Royal Trux more than a 0.5- you're lying to yourself btw.

IDDS HABBENIG
Also I'm slightly drunk, how nice

nice Eastman score

the enemy is everywhere
the anime is everywhere
ayanami is everywhere
the anime is everywhere

oh im worthless
& weak
& im sick
& im scared
& the enemy is everywhere

>he gave lrd a 7+

eyyo slightly drunk too
probably going to crash in like 10 mins but hey

This chart is so old that I actually encouraged you to check it out

heeey
i will try to get drunk today too
hell yeah
drunk team

Got new stuff
Haven't listen to the Sigur Ros one yet but I had a teacher in HS who loved sg. The black vinyl is Burial's Kindred.

The black splotch on In Conflict is textured

Why is everyone suddenly drunk
Can we blame Shamepai

Confound these daily boys, they drive me to drink!

who wouldnt be drunk at 6 sunday morning

>Why is everyone suddenly drunk
Football roommates are rowdy, i got scream summoned from my room to get drunk with them.
Luckily I already had a head start.
Having a glass of canadian whisky right now :)

>Having a glass of canadian whisky right now :)
Ayy go me country

purl appeals to my nose thing

nose shaped dubs

Aren't you from fucking Toronto?
That's barely even Canada mate.

Hey not Tru I'm like 30 mins outside of Toronto

Are you from the fucking dirty shwa

Sauga

hey is it alright if vinter and I switched? Dec 10 is my birthday and I can't think of a better birthday gift than the boyz tearing apart an obscure album I like

less gross but still gross

rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/3/

@@@RODRIGUEZ

ROUND 6 WHEN

move or die

I choose death

oh yeah kind of forgot about this. soon.

I choose to blame this on ruggles