Objectively their best album, basically TMS again but better, more varied, and better vocal performances from Ride...

objectively their best album, basically TMS again but better, more varied, and better vocal performances from Ride. also to me it seems (mostly) about a girl/a breakup which is interesting and weird for DG.

missed the Cred Forums shitstorm when it dropped, what did you guys think?

I'm on the same page as you OP. It's my favorite DG album. I've been following the band since exmil and it's a really nice culmination of the sound they've developed over the years.

Their worst by far

this albums shows lack of ideas, pretty good on it's own, but basically their worst in compare to any other one, since it's the least novel, least creative and least ambitious album from the band who was creating something new everytime
overrated af

SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT
Some good tracks but honestly the "fast drums with noise and MC Ride saying unintelligable thngs" thing got overplayed on this album too much - No Love Deep Web was creepy and slow and that's what made it so good.

I don't think they've ever done anything on an album like Hot Head. Or GBPGI. It's new but not anything really ambitious, which might be ambitious on it's own considering how DG dives further and does something different each time. Very shallow listening, so who knows. But the album is not bad at all, it's really great. As one guy said up there it's a great culmination of everything they've done until now. I'm excited for the next record if it's gonna be stuff in the veins of More Than The Fairy.

THIS
>muh guitars
guitars on even jenny death were better, DG haven't innovated since NOTM

>finally

that is like the number 1 criticism of the album.

But I personally didn't mind a TMS 2. It's best at its most chaotic. I wouldn't mind an album like Hot Head. But it has many "chill" moments that are as good or better than TMS, Ring a Bell for instance

if you replace Kanye with DG and MBDTF with TMS, nothing will change

>tfw leftover is better and more interesting than most songs on the album

Cringe interpretation op, anyways it's death grips worse album the only people calling this album their best are those that got into them via the money store

>those that got into them via their strongest album

so?

>TMS
>strongest
It's arguable, but it's definitely their most accessible.

The Money Store is their best don't get me wrong but I've grown accustomed to variety from these guys cause they would always come back with something new, the new album was basically recycled ideas from the money store

in the sense that the songs are catchy and have strong hooks again yes they recycled the money store's ideas

Bottomless Pit is their second best and I still think it's a near-masterpiece.

they did the exact same thing with JD, but even this album contains more new ideas than BP

pls be bait

Why would it be bait? I'm sorry you can't appreciate one of their strongest works and the best album of 2016.

>one of their strongest works
>the best album of 2016
yep, this is bait

shit taste desu

I pity you fools. No seriously, get some actual taste before posting on this board. Bottomless Pit is a gift.

I just got into death grips last spring

I started with Exmil and TMS, then listened to BP and iked it right off the bat.

I can understand why long time fans might not like it though, they stopped with the more experimental shit and went back to the catchy hooks TMS had.

That's embarrassing. I like BP a lot but holy shit your opinions are cringe.

That's some really great convincing, kiddo, my mind has certainly been changed around.

I think their next record is going to be super abstract again
I hope at least

You are really just not right. Like wow, very wrong. Do unpleasant things to yourself.

The title track is all about how much they disregard their fans and only care about lining their pockets now.