Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4FOiVM4bQc
youtube.com/watch?v=RO_LX-m74uw
youtube.com/watch?v=NoWlnZ4qtrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes he was

How?

I hate mike love as a person but his vocals on "here today" are pretty great

he was fine, but not nearly as talented as brian as a singer or songwriter or musican

yeah, he sang lead on most of the Beach Boys greatest songs

cut the revisionist bullshit where you all pretend that Pet Sounds and everything after Pet Sounds wasn't terrible bullshit because you are a bunch of baby boomer worshiping, mental illness glorifying faggots

this youtube.com/watch?v=n4FOiVM4bQc is the real Beach Boys that their real fans love and remember, and this is how the Beach Boys will be remembered in 1,000 years.

You are actually on the wrong side of history if you think it's drug addled, pretentious cockshit like Pet Sounds and Smile

Those are a stain on their legacy and history will (and already has) proven me right.

It's shameful to celebrate the downfall of Brian Wilson, reducing a pop genius to a circus freakshow act because you derive pleasure from pointing and laughing at the drug addict retard version of him honking bicycle horns

again, if you really appreciated the Beach Boys you wouldn't talk shit about Mike Love, who did everything he could to try to steer his cousin (who he loved) away from the evil influence of drugs and self indulgence

Mike Love isn't bald either, he wears a baseball hat to keep the California sun out of his eyes ffs, keep grasping for straws you morons

is mikeposting making a comeback?

Mike I will knock you the fuck out. Bald little slimeball. Come fucking try me.

youtube.com/watch?v=RO_LX-m74uw

Who is main vocalist here?

not sure whether to call out this as bait or play along because its obvious anyway

michael, except the "my love is burning brightly" bridge is either carl or brian (i think it's carl)

one of his few genuinely good performances

dead serious///

Fun, Fun, Fun
Surfin' USA
Little Deuce Coupe

there is nothing on Pet Sounds or any records after Brian went crazy that even come close

Mike Love is/was right about that

I know Brian was the real talent in the band, unfortunately drugs destroyed him

I also fully believe most people who enjoy Smiley Smile or any of his "off the wall" shit are the same kind of people who enjoy The Madcap Laughs and other "crazy" music, not real fans of music but people who get sick pleasure out of witnessing disasters

'For those who believe Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist. Most people don't even realize that half the lyrics on Pet Sounds were written by yours truly.'

Listen to All I Wanna Do, Meant For You or Aren't You Glad.
He was writing wise responsible for some terrible beach boys music (don't get me started on Summer in Paradise) and is an undeniable dickhole but he wasn't a bad singer. Nowhere near as good as the any of the three Wilsons but still good. He deserves credit where it's due despite being one of the biggest assholes in music.

He contributed some decent lyrics to a few songs too, like Good Vibrations and Warmth of the Sun.

you just hinted that you were a fan of The Madcap Laughs otherwise you wouldn't have used that example.

are you just going to ignore pretty much all of pop music that followed Brians example of hacking the formula? The Beatles and Elephant 6 bands are a direct influence of him.

WWWWHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN

Mike Love is a great singer and a great frontman, look how awkward and gay the wilsons (excluding dennis) and jardine are in all their performances

youtube.com/watch?v=NoWlnZ4qtrE

without Mike Love, the beach boys were a bunch of beta cucks and would never have gotten out of Hawthorne in the first place

Mike Love isn't as "good" technically as Carl or Brian but his voice is very important to the Beach Boys sound

I think Carl is probably the best singer in the band fwiw, but Mike Love has the charisma/magnetism that the band needed to work

I hate to be rude about it, but MOST people didn't notice when Brian wasn't in the band anymore

everyone would have noticed if Mike was gone

It's Brian actually, but Carl may be doubling his vocal there too. Brian's voice in the late 60s/early 70s is very different from his peak Pet Sounds/Smile era voice. It's a lot more subdued and really hard to pick out because of how different it is. It took me a few listens of Til I Die to realize it was him doing the "I lost my way, hey hey hey" parts.

>Aren't You Glad
Where does Mike even sing in that? I thought it was just brian and carl

there are a couple good songs on the album. But I think it's generally a freakshow, just like Smiley Smile

I meant the bridge part is Brian, the lead verse parts are definitely Mike, just to clarify

The lower vocals in the main verses are him, the "I got a heart that just won't stop beating for you" part before the chorus is Brian (I think? they all sound alike sometimes) and the chorus is definitely Carl.

hey mike

i am admittedly not too keen on E6 bands, but I love Apples in Stereo and they don't sound like schizophrenics writing music by putting ink up their nose and sneezing on a blank staff, if anything it sounds like they were influenced by the "old" (real) Beach Boys

I might have been wrong to lump in Pet Sounds with Smiley Smile and full blown crazy Brian music, but I do think it was the beginning of the end for good Beach Boys music

Just the fact that no actual rock band could even play the music on Pet Sounds is a big turnoff for me. At least the beatles records largely feature an actual rock band, albeit buried/mixed in with a bunch of studio tricks and sound effects

No.

the only way mike could ever be a good singer is if you actually set him on fire