What do you think of this album?

What do you think of this album?

Good. I don't like the lee tracks though

the only sy album i have, i enjoy it, but not enough to get another.

>that noisy guitar thing half way through Candle

Masterpiece. The best album of 80s. Fuckin timeless and it's probably the logical conclusion to guitar music.

so good

's alright

not my particular style of music and not the best album in SY's discography

3.5/5

for more info see scaruffi.com

grazie

poor man's polvo

Great, but Sister is better.

End yourself

shut up thurston

kek

it reminds me of my teenage years

I feel like it might klick if I listen to it another time or two. I've only heard it once. I like Teenage Riot alot, though.

I agree with this
I also prefer EVOL

i like it a lot

polvo came after so one could make the argument that polvo is the ripoff

tfw i prefeer Goo than Evol and Daydream Nation

That was exactly what I was thinking about a month ago. Now it's clicked and I fucking can't stop listening to it, you have to try again
This is true

Sister > Evol > Daydream Nation > washing machine > others....

>bad moon rising and confusion is sex are bad
holy shit just kill yourself you fucking mouthbreather

One of my only 10/10s.
Yes.
Get out.
DDN > BMR > Sister >> EVOL > Goo > EJST&NS > CIS > WM (but holy fuck The Diamond Sea is brilliant) >>> Dirty
That's as far as I am so far in their discog.

I only liked their Schizophrenia song.

swap cis with goo and you pretty much got it

It's okay but it tries to hard to blatantly be the "Velvet Underground & Nico" of the 80's.

Bad Moon Rising is better.

>tries to hard to blatantly be the "Velvet Underground & Nico" of the 80's
what does this even mean

>"oh look we're gonna shake up the album by having some songs sung by the guy and others by the girl, that's never been done befofe. LOLOLOL"

>having male and female vocalists means you're trying to copy VU&N
wew lad

>having songs being sung by both a girl and a guy in a band is something exclusive to TVU
so did someone drop you as a baby or something?

calm down my men

I was joking

Is this the most nuanced album ever recorded?

Listening to Total Trash on LSD while walking alone at night near a swamp when I was 17 is my one of the best thing I have ever experienced in my entire life.

It's real good. Love the guitar sounds.
Sister is good too, but there's just something that feels nicer about this one.

compared to what

Are you really happy with the way you're living your life

Is Washing Machine actually any good, or just good in comparison to their other work around that era?

Are you telling Fleetwood Mac were trying to rip off VU&N in the 80s ?
Beside, the songs Nico sang were the most mainstream sounding songs the VU ever did.
Cross The Breeze and Kissability are rawer that most Thruston songs on this album.

>Masterpiece. The best album of 80s. Fuckin timeless and it's probably the logical conclusion to guitar music.
Just asking, do you feel like you've listened to and comprehended enough music to make big statements like that?

you fuck those are my favourite. delete

essential borecore

Essential Plebfiltercore

Best song on the album?

Teen Age Riot, Cross The Breeze, Total Trash, Candle, Rain King

Can't choose one t bh

all of them i suppose

The Sprawl

Tied with Confusion Is Sex for my favorite. I prefer CIS's mood but I see DN as the point where their songwriting finally started catching up to their raw talent.

Teen Age Riot

Runner up is Candle

Silver Rocket, with Hey Joni as a runner-up.

>Masterpiece

Sure.

>The best album of 80s

Disagree but it's a good enough album to classify this opinion as "not ridiculous".

>Fuckin timeless and it's probably the logical conclusion to guitar music.

In what way? There are countless albums that take the ideas, motifs, and sounds in guitar music and take it to far greater extremes than Daydream Nation.

You're missing out

>There are countless albums
Not even trying to meme but can you rec me a few?

overrated af have it on cd, maybe one or two good songs

Really? I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch. Hell, I don't even have a proper least favorite song on it.

>I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch.
>Providence

Shoegaze and noise rock

Veering off topic here, but Noise rock recs? Is there a chart?

Awesome album awesome band

What about Providence? It's got a nice, chilly instrumental component to it. Just because it's not a conventional song doesn't mean it's bad.

I've listened to a decent amount of both genres and a lot of it seems to be more about general aesthetic (wall of sound in shoegaze, manipulation of distortion and feedback in noise rock) without the emphasis on sheer guitarwork and subtle nuances in what the two guitarists are doing. Like there are points in Daydream Nation where it's just mind blowing to actually listen to what Thurston and Lee are doing and how they seem to be able to make their two guitars sound like anywhere from one to four, nothing else has really given me that.

Have you heard They Spent Their Wild Days etc? It's probably the most SY-esque shoegaze I've heard.

No I have not but I'll check it out, thanks