So is this Dave Longsreth's version of Yeezus?

So is this Dave Longsreth's version of Yeezus?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18539-dirty-projectors-keep-your-name/
youtube.com/watch?v=vncbG-QJlng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JUSTcore?

I like the track, don't like that one part. you know the part.

We all know the part. I'll hold judgment until we get another song, hopefully with the girls actually singing and not just a cheeky sample.

I'm hesitantly optimistic about this new direction they're going in

I think it's just him alone now

Well fuck. That's actually kind of a big red flag for me. I love his songs but I feel like the Amber and Angel are essential to the Dirty Projector's sound.

I could be wrong. I know angel left the band. pretty sure this is about him and amber parting ways. maybe I'm reading into it?

I remember reading something about that, and that came to mind when I heard this song too.

That's one of my favorite parts

Yes, she is not in the band anymore. If you check the credits of the song he is the sole composer and producer. There will obviously be those touring members but the primary members of the band is just Dave now. The lyrics are just proof.

this song hits heavier knowing that. still don't like that breakdown

If you read the lyrics, it's quite clear that Amber and Dave found they had different intentions in their life.

The obvious part:

>What I want from art is truth
>What you want is fame

Yeah, it's a very odd catharsis of a song. I've found artists like to manipulate their voice to lessen the directness of their lyrics.

seems a bit immature and kinda puts me off, but maybe it's self aware, who knows. I guess post-breakup emotions sometimes are immature

>Angel
> essential to the Dirty Projector's sound.

she was on one fucking album

>seems a bit immature and kinda puts me off, but maybe it's self aware,
Yeah, the song sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. It's clearly a breakup song but it also seems like it's challenging the concept of a breakup song. The rapping part seems to interject to satirize the tone of the rest of the song.

That's the "I only listened to Bitte Orca" group

Eh, true. I had seen them when they were touring for Swing Lo Magellan and she was singing with them so I assumed she was on that album too.

Still, going forward I feel like we're going to have a very different Dirty Projectors

Also, I doubt they would update their social media with images of just Dave if they were still in the band.

> I feel like we're going to have a very different Dirty Projectors
Yes, but I don't think it's too different from early DP work. It's just updated to 2016, with better production and overall more instrumental/electronic experimentation.

I think the breakdown is cool. Idk why everyone is surprised that Dave Longstreth of all people is doing some weird shit in the middle of his typically beautiful pop song

exactly. I think the reaction is mostly because of his pitched down voice.

I like that part, and I don't mind interrupting the song with something bizarre, I just don't like the execution in this case

Pitchfork just reviewed the track and did not give it best new music, even though the review does not sound negative.

pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18539-dirty-projectors-keep-your-name/

omg that rap breakdown.

I think we all want Swing Lo or Bitte Orca era back

youtube.com/watch?v=vncbG-QJlng

Eh, I guess it would be nice but change is a part of life so you might as well try to move on and develop rather than muddling about and refusing to accept that change.

But Yeezus was shitty and not as experimental as people like to amp it up to be, both of which this song is not.

Edgy