I fucking hate trap rap, and mainstream hip hop in general

I fucking hate trap rap, and mainstream hip hop in general.

Modern pop rap and trap rap is founded on despicable, obnoxious attitudes. Rap is basically the black equivalent of metal, and it exhibits all of the worst traits of it: it's generic, it's built on unrealistic power fantasies and macho posturing, and it's also based in large part on overblown self-aggrandization. Where Styx would proclaim that they were gods on earth, we have these trap rappers talking about how much pussy they get or how badass they are. Everyone knows it's bullshit, but we still listen to it. Why?

Why do we care about trap? Nowadays the "oppressed blacks" meme is so entrenched in American culture as to become an institution in itself: it's a self-propagating myth. The attention and sympathy we pay blacks contradicts this, if anything white people and Muslims are the demographics being most shat on. But here we have it, white people desperately want to be part of black culture because being white is apparently lame now, so we see lots of p4k drones pretending that trap is better and more relevant than other forms of music because it's more popular. You're treating blacks like children. They should be capable of making great art and being criticized for the shitty art they produce, but they can get more success with less quality based on their skin color alone. And anyone who disagrees with this status quo is apparently a skinny sheltered rich white boi who can't get his dick wet.

I hate trap, and I'm not apologizing for it. I am a proud non-listener of trap.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship
youtube.com/watch?v=ixDvq80wZps
youtube.com/watch?v=TzXz-xLB1-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice blog post

trap is gay

>Modern pop rap and trap rap is founded on despicable, obnoxious attitudes

congratulations OP, you're officially redpilled

another pointless rant with no solution
kys virgin

>I fucking hate trap rap, and mainstream hip hop in general.
What is trap rap?
>I hate trap, and I'm not apologizing for it. I am a proud non-listener of trap.
Ok.

reeeee stormfags get off my board

I agree with tihs.

This is op!
Why is it you white boys only like white rap or old as dirt basic rap.

>it's a self-propagating myth.
Yea a white kid can tell me the struggle in the hood is a myth.

Go back to the mall pussy...listen to some guns and roses you faggot.

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

We all in, no going back.

See, this is the type of shit that proves my point for me. Thanks.

Tbh I used to hate it too now I just roll with it. Stop taking yourself and the lyrics so serious familia.

Chief Keef's Finally Rich is better than any David Bowie album

And you proved my point that you are a generalizing idiot.
1 person doesn't define a genre, and it's relative bro.

Something tells me your beef is with black people and not just the music. I have depth nigga, check out sunny.

>File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
> Anonymous 09/23/16(Fri)15:54:13 No.68013175▶
>Modern pop rap and trap rap is founded on despicable, obnoxious attitudes. Rap is basically the black equivalent of metal, and it exhibits all of the worst traits of it: it's generic, it's built on unrealistic power fantasies and macho posturing, and it's also based in large part on overblown self-aggrandization. Where Styx would proclaim that they were gods on earth, we have these trap rappers talking about how much pussy they get or how badass they are. Everyone knows it's bullshit, but we still listen to it. Why?
>Why do we care about trap? Nowadays the "oppressed blacks" meme is so entrenched in American culture as to become an institution in itself: it's a self-propagating myth. The attention and sympathy we pay blacks contradicts this, if anything white people and Muslims are the demographics being most shat on. But here we have it, white people desperately want to be part of black culture because being white is apparently lame now, so we see lots of p4k drones pretending that trap is better and more relevant than other forms of music because it's more popular. You're treating blacks like children. They should be capable of making great art and being criticized for the shitty art they produce, but they can get more success with less quality based on their skin color alone. And anyone who disagrees with this status quo is apparently a skinny sheltered rich white boi who can't get his dick wet.
>I hate trap, and I'm not apologizing for it. I am a proud non-listener of trap.

0 knowledge of trap here & echo op's sentiments. can anyone post good trap to change my mind. my friend played me this and i kinda liked it youtube.com/watch?v=ixDvq80wZps

i bet you think gangster films are documentaries too

> but we still listen to it. Why?

drama mate, oldest game in the world

OP is 100% right. Suck it, triggered rap fans.

listen to the rest of the tape and see if there's anything else you like

i hate rae sremmurd and i like this so maybe
youtube.com/watch?v=TzXz-xLB1-0

>roleplaying as a black in Cred Forums

I hate rae sremmund basically equates to I hate fun

Rap itself is not even that bad, the problem is with this incredibly over-hyped mediocrity that is entirely composed of the trap meme.

Fuck trap, I hope hope it kills hip hop, and it has to start over.

>File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
> Anonymous 09/23/16(Fri)15:54:13 No.68013175 [Reply]▶
>Modern pop rap and trap rap is founded on despicable, obnoxious attitudes. Rap is basically the black equivalent of metal, and it exhibits all of the worst traits of it: it's generic, it's built on unrealistic power fantasies and macho posturing, and it's also based in large part on overblown self-aggrandization. Where Styx would proclaim that they were gods on earth, we have these trap rappers talking about how much pussy they get or how badass they are. Everyone knows it's bullshit, but we still listen to it. Why?
>Why do we care about trap? Nowadays the "oppressed blacks" meme is so entrenched in American culture as to become an institution in itself: it's a self-propagating myth. The attention and sympathy we pay blacks contradicts this, if anything white people and Muslims are the demographics being most shat on. But here we have it, white people desperately want to be part of black culture because being white is apparently lame now, so we see lots of p4k drones pretending that trap is better and more relevant than other forms of music because it's more popular. You're treating blacks like children. They should be capable of making great art and being criticized for the shitty art they produce, but they can get more success with less quality based on their skin color alone. And anyone who disagrees with this status quo is apparently a skinny sheltered rich white boi who can't get his dick wet.

Shittiest Cred Forums thread I've seen in a while.
I'd like to congratulate everyone involved in making this thread so special, especially you OP. Good job.

CAN'T SPELL CRAP WITHOUT RAP, AMIRITE FELLAS!

Music is like candy, you throw away the wRAPPERS

"I hate rae sremmund basically equates to I hate fun" basically equates to "I like rae sremmurd"

why

t. Dusty Oldhead

>if anything white people and Muslims are the demographics being most shat on

stopped reading there です