Cred Forums tries to be anti-mainstream but instead of individually following their personal taste they follow a common...

Cred Forums tries to be anti-mainstream but instead of individually following their personal taste they follow a common taste (mainstream) in the community.

Cred Forums why do you do this?

idk pretty sure i don't
only mucore i like is jeff grips.

looks like grimes

is this Grimes?

Yes

people like to fit in, whether it's with the mainstream or some other (mildly) niche group people need a home. any mass group of people will develop a group culture at some point even if by accident.

there's so much music out there, at certain point you need to go somewhere to have specific stuff filtered to you. realistically, very few people just go out and listen to random albums they know absolutely nothing about, they'll see them somewhere or get them rec'd from someone. Cred Forums is just one of many of those places

I randomly listen to albums of all genres and I enjoy metal even when Cred Forums keeps telling me I'm a children.

it's not really random if you know what genre it is

>Cred Forums tries to be anti-mainstream
wrong. you're projecting. you want to be 'anti-mainstream', /mu just likes good music

Lots of people (including me) come for the recommendations

The biggest, most frequent and most obvious recommendations are mu core. Most people don't purposely seek out to like mu core, it just happens that they are easy and generally pretty good

Bullshit. I'm browsing Cred Forums for like 2 years or more and this place is obsessed with being "patrician".

>/mu just likes good music

>yeezus
Good music. Senpai u cant make this up

I don't get why you picked Grimes as an example. She's an acquired taste, she's disliked by lots of Cred Forumstants and she's not even mainstream.

No reason. Just a familiar face in Cred Forums to go along with the thread.

>trying to be anything other than yourself
it's okay user after high school life gets better i promise!

OK.

That's exactly I'm saying dumbass. People on Cred Forums instead of being themselves follow a trend that Cred Forums sets while talking about reject trends.
People here will mock anyone who dares not follow said trend.

i cant read

People always do that, though. They're like sheep. They claim they have unique taste, but you'll see the same artists over and over again. It's like the whole Cred Forums know only about 5000 artists at max.

you're getting mocked because you're trying to tell a group of people what they do and don't do when you don't have the slightest clue.

the trends that people follow are a natural outgrowth of sharing, recommending, and exploring their own tastes. its not as though everyone here is a mindless robot who sees the Cred Forumscore chart and goes through it while shitposting about how everything else is terrible. sure, some people do that but most people are just listening to music and trying to find things they like, as well as get some (you)'s because who doesn't want validation?

i think you're projecting though, and that you are the one trying to fit some certain idea of being anti-mainstream or anti-conformist, because you're still young and trying to define your own identity as against others, rather than searching yourself.

so like i said man, after high school things will be better for you.

>why doesn't everybody only like what I like

grow the fuck up

Thread is addressing the contradiction on Cred Forums

To each his/her own path, user. Personally the only reason I'm here at all is because I found out that one of my all-time favorite artists gets discussed here a lot. /mu didn't determine my musical tastes - my musical tastes determined my usage of /mu.

It's not a contradiction. Different people use /mu for different things - some to get obscure (or not) music recs. Others to discuss music they already like. Painting with too broad a brush is a mistake.