>contrarian
Divers
>patrician
Have One On Me

>Yes?
Fuck you.

>Have One On Meme

So.. No?

only skin is the most inaccessible song on the album while cosmia is the most accessible

you got it backwards sweetie

>tfw bill callahan joins in on only skin

>plebeian/contrarian: not thinking every song is 10/10

>inaccessible = patrician
spotted the pleb

patrician choice is sawdust and diamonds anyway

At least we can all agree monkey and bear is awful right

Cosmia is the only one I don't like

am I the only one who thinks monkey and bear is the best? its lyrics alone could stand as a great poem, but the vocal delivery is incredible.

I like her butt

>only skin is the most inaccessible song on the album
How so?

>plebeian
Have One on Me disc 1
>contrarian
Have One on Me disc 3
>patrician
Have One on Me disc 2

I don't get Have One On Me. What should i do?

Be a woman.

Listen to it over and over again.

no fucker. FUCk you pussy

me too it's a good butt

all my bones they are gone gone gone

all my boners they are boing boing boing

I only kind of liked it because of the opening until I heard it live now it's a fav, very scary song.

monkey & bear is her best song live

her worst song (excluding Same Old Man and Three Little Babes) is Cassiopeia

impossible to pick a best, but my favorite is occident

best moment on the album desu

>plebeian
Monkey and Bear
>contrarian
Sawdust and Diamonds
>patrician
Cosmia (Ys Street band version)

>plebian
the entire thing
shit taste desu

I fucking love Cassiopeia. Worst is Autumn.

>Best
tie between Good Intentions Paving Company, Only Skin, '81, Sprout and the Bean and Have One On Me.
>Worst
Monkey & Bear, Inflamattory Writ

>Best
tie between In California, Emily, Cosmia, Sadie, Have One On Me, Monkey & Bear, Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie, Sapokanikan, Goose Eggs, Kingfisher, and Go Long

ftfy

>Worst
>Monkey & Bear

Kill yourself.

I will fucking fuck anyone who thinks Ys isn't a 10/10 in the ass. who's gonna get fucked first

>tfw not in a parallel universe in which she's still playing only skin
youtube.com/watch?v=EO1zgOXCaMY

Have you tried this version? youtube.com/watch?v=c5WEuQUw8wY

Can't argue with this.

>Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
>motherfucking Goose Eggs
lmao

>not liking Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie

divers or kingfisher is my fav jnew song tbqh

>MOTHER
>FUCKING
>GOOSE
>EGGS

Mmmmmm, sawdust and diamonds is so fucking good.

loving the pleb opinions. monkey and bear is great

here's her objective top5. and i say objective which means no milk eyed mender shit.

1. In California
2. Only Skin
3. Have One On Me
4. Go Long
5. Monkey and Bear

If you dislike Monkey and Bear, you probably haven't listened to it. You probably press the skip button right when you hear "dDDOWwwn In the GReEEeen HaayY".

If you dislike anything on HOOM you are either not a fan of Newsom or have ADHD and can't focus for 2 short hours in order to experience it in full.

Divers has alright songs. Never will compete with HOOM or Ys. She doesn't, however, have any bad songs on any of her last 3 studio releases. On Milk Eyed Mender you can make a case for a couple songs. I'll give a brief top 3 for that album alone, since it was exempt

1. Peach Plum Pear
2. En Gallop
3. Sprout and the Bean

>Monkey and Bear better than '81
Could you be dumber?
TRUE, ACTUAL, PATRICIAN Rating coming true:

1.- Have One On Me
2.-Only Skin
3.-Sprout And The Bean
4.-'81
5.-This Side Of The Blue

Source: my superior taste in music

how the HECK are sawdust and diamonds and baby birch not in ur top 5?

o shit baby bird is, sawdust was my #1 fav but others have moved up before it personally

haha this hast ta be bait mate... no one unironically puts 2(TWO) Milk Eyed Mender songs in their top 5.

sawdust and diamonds and baby birch are both entry-level songs. they're great, but for BOTH of them, it's supposed to be the song someone listens to in order to into the album. trust me, Sawdust and Diamonds is always going to be a special song to me, but Only Skin is better.

>He doesn't appreciate The Milk Eyed Mender's beautifully childish, nostalgic tone
lmoa could yu be more of a fricking idiot

Swap HooM for Emily and you are correct.

>childish, nostalgic*
still using these dumb words to describe mem in tyool 2016
*unless you mean nostalgic as in you are for 2004

i appreciate it, but if you are ranking Joanna's discography, I think it's proper to understand that Milk Eyed Mender is MUCH different from her other albums. If you are evaluating her based off everything, you are evaluating her based on what she chose as her career staples; long, drawn out songs that shift in tone and melody throughout, and tell a compelling story. That's why I separated Milk Eyed Mender. I like it enough to listen to it every day, and can tell you her performance of "Yarn and Glue" live is enchanting, but I don't think it's right to group it with comparatively long-winded(but brilliant) albums like Ys and HOOM. I understand Sprout and the Bean being in your top 5 if you are going purely off personal preference, you don't have to only love the long songs, but putting 'This Side of the Blue' at 5 over ANYTHING on Ys(Other than Only Skin) is odd. That's more what I'm surprised by.

I was thinking about Emily over Occident, Emily really affects me in certain lines but I really, really enjoyed HOOM(the album) and Occident is beautiful. As for HOOM the song, I hated it at first but it's really grown on me and I personally love the songs that switch in style constantly

My least favourite is probably Swansea or Occident desu. I still like them, just not as good as the rest

~I didn't like Occident that much at first, but it has grown on me. Now I'd place it in a top 5 of HooM.

Not that guy, but I felt the same way as him and I am really glad you posted this, this version is way better. Dat saw in the last 2 minutes.

Why are you trying to have an actual discussion you buzzkill

sorry i just really love her music and i guess im one of those autists that cant joke around with something that i care about so much

Divers is underrated.

lp5 when?

2020 probably

:( Maybe sooner, I hope.

Tried to get into Joanna for a while but never really my thing. Lately picked Ys back up and some of them have slowly been getting stuck in my head like Sawdust & Diamonds and Cosmia. Also started listening to HOOM but stopped at I think the song before Baby Birch because of its length and because other than the title track it wasn't really doing anything for me.

Where do I go from here? Do I listen to Ys some more or just go straight into HOOM?

Also does she tour a lot? I imagine it's gotta be an amazing show

HOOM sounds like fucking school house rock

>no milk eyed mender shit
fuck you bud MEM has some of her best songs
>bridges and balloons
>sadie
>en gallop
>clam, crab, cockle, cowrie

boy I'm gonna fuck you in the ass if you don't quit

I got into HOOM and Ys from just listening to them a lot...for the former usually one song would stick out to me so I'd get obsessed in a good way and listen to it a bunch and then the cycle has repeated for almost every song (and still happens years later, and I get new things from listening even the 100th+ time). Try listening going on a walk or sitting outside at night.

I got into her through HOOM, just listening to it a lot and having it on in the background until I could pick out a few songs that I liked, which grew to a few more etc and now I love the whole thing front to back. So I would say definitely give it a shot. Additionally, MEM is worth checking out if you want simpler, shorter songs but still fantastic musically and lyrically.

casual fan detected

fite me irl

>for the former usually one song would stick out to me so I'd get obsessed in a good way and listen to it a bunch

That was my experience too. Go Long was the first song that stood out to me.

Cosmia is the only non 10/10 on the album

Yeah, sure, its great when she sings "down by the rivvvERRRRR" but there's fuck all else to write home about

I absolutely love every single song on this album

this is the only acceptable answer

reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4nx7om/how_every_indie_girl_singer_sounds/d47ztt3
kek

jn doesn't do that jazzy baby voice

>Best
Probably Only Skin or Monkey & Bear, epics really. You and Me, Bess is up there too.
>Worst
This Side of the Blue

anyone know what song was linked? it's gone private now

This

Sounds like shit

Let's just have it said that Divers was underwhelming compared to HOOM. I'm someone who likes his songs to click the first time and not the thousandth time, and for me only Sapokanikan, Goose Eggs and You Will Not Take My Heart Alive did.

Sawdust and Diamonds is a bunch of katzenjammer that drags on without aim until you finally get to the horns and thorns part.

>list your top 5 Ys songs