Recent purchases thread?

Recent purchases thread?

Post your new pickups. I'm loving the Francoise albums, the canadian presses are pretty cheap online too.

>he's not holding a guitar

We in here.

got the Mars LP from my record store

I've just got back from a holiday in California. I bought these from the Amoeba Records in San Francisco and Hollywood for $1-2 each.

First records I've bought in a very long time

Ronn Benway - Wood Eye
Tycho - Awake
Radiohead
Yo La Tengo - Stuff Like That There

How does BP sound on vinyl?

Ironically, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Will do soon.

oh god, the irony

Irony is something unexpected though

Awake is nice on vinyl. One of the first records I bought. Nice haul

No, Asunder did not cost me 100 dollars

go Listen to a. Ted talk

I watched the one where the scottish guy says not jerking off will give you super powers

>dem sheets tho

I have them since forever, they're my favorite

Nice
Amoeba is the shit, you should have hit up Rasputin, Explorist and 1-2-3-4 GO also if you were in SF. rip in pieces Aquarius :(

Thought about copping Awake on vinyl, still might.

Cool, not sure what the non-GY!BE one is but it looks like some kinda metal.

Here's my recent shit, Memeheaven is new but was sold as used for some reason, haven't gotten around to the other rando ones I got.

Gonna sell the Enabler ASAP now that I woke as hell about shitty Jeff Lohrber.

$5.99 ain't bad

Forgot pic

Rot, brazilian grindcore

Bought it out of curiosity, it's good. It's been quite some time since I've listened to some grind.

Wait, I think I know you.

SF Area?

No

Ok, I was just talking to somebody who said they just copped a mint vintage Beach Boys album for that price and it seemed like a weird coincidence.

Did the same with all of mine in that pic except Deafheaven and R.A.M.B.O. Anything I don't like imma just resell.

Over-payed for this the other day but still happy about it

shitty iphone pic but i got these all for 25 bucks, local guy is so nice

1. What the hell is wrong with Jeff Lorhber?
And...
2. Aren't you mature enough yet to separate the art from the artist? That's a great album.

Nevermind... no 1. Just read about the abuse allegations.
That's still a great album, though.

picked this up from a collector's shop in the arse end of nowhere yesterday. yeah I know my hand looks a bit fucked up.

Normally I can, idgaf if a band are NS or misogynistic or gangbangers or whatever other scummy shit but what Jeff Lohrber did is evil on a more fundamental level than burning churches or doing drive-bys, especially if you've ever seen that kind of relationship firsthand.

Now I just can't look at Enabler the same after knowing that. I feel scummy even owning that record now.

>inb4 SJW Tumblr PC shit. Evne Neo-Nazis and gangbangers have better standards than that.

Nice, saw a copy of that on CD in a thrift store not too long ago but passed it up since I only do vinyl.

Do you like The Beatles, Burzum or Dissection?

That's what I was getting at. From what everybody's saying the whole Enabler abuse thing was way worse than what John Lennon ever did and I explicitly said that I don't care about a band's ideology or beliefs.

Plus, it may be a good record but Enabler sure as shit ain't no gotdamn Beatles or Burzum.

So you consider what Jeff allegedly did to be worse than murder?

do you work at one or

Has anyone recieved their copy of Ape of Naples year? That shit's like three months overdue

I consider child abuse to be scummier than spousal abuse... that's just me, though.

nah, they just get hard to find stuff from time to time

>nothing you ever buy will be under $20

except for that joni album, it was like $5 and a gift for someone who likes dollar bin shit

What are some good websites to buy cheap LPs??

I currently use Amoeba, Amazon, Insound, and occasionally eBay

it's not in seattle is it

houston

D I S C O G S

Yeah, in a lot of cases.

At least the whole Euronymous thing, the church burnings and all the violence in the rap/hip-hop scene has some kind of reason for happening besides just somebody being a horrible human being. Plus, nobody's arguing thet John Lennon isn't a shitbag also and I can't really look at his work in the same light as before I knew either.

They're already out.

How's Sophie?

bump

interesting choices - i like it

love having an opportunity to show off my egyptian shumba

I still don't know what the hell is this.

Any samples? How rare is it?

Past week:

Anthrax- Volume 8: The Threat is Real! (CD)
Atrophy- Violent by Nature (CD)
Black Sabbath- Headless Cross (CD - they actually sent Tyr instead, go figure)
Black Sabbath- Never Say Die! (CD)
Black Sabbath- Sabotage (CD)
Black Sabbath- Technical Ecstasy (CD)
Coroner- Coroner (CD)
Deceased- The 13 Frightened Souls EP (MP3)
Deceased- The Blueprints for Madness (MP3)
Deceased- Luck of the Corpse (CD)
Fatima Hill- Valhalla (CD)
Ghost B.C.- Popestar EP
Metallica- Beyond Magnetic (MP3)
Metallica- Hardwired... To Self-Destruct (deluxe pre-order/CD)
Mordred- Fool's Game (LP)
Paranorm- The Edge of Existence EP (MP3)
Queensryche- Tribe (CD)
Suicidal Tendencies- The Art of Rebellion (CD)
Suicidal Tendencies- World Gone Mad (pre-order/CD)
Testament- Brotherhood of the Snake (pre-order/CD)
Testament- The Ritual (CD)
Tourniquet- TBA (Kickstarter pledge - signed limited edition vinyl/signed CD + digital download)
Van Halen- Van Halen (CD)
Voivod- Infini (CD)
Watchtower- Concepts of Math: Book One (pre-order/CD)

What the fuck is going on in that pic
Good albums btw.

Picked these up today.

It's never too late to grab ITAOTS

bump

Love the sophie and xiu xiu man

Nice

I think I had the same sheet too, but it was red.

Bump

got these a while ago, 20$ for Low (1984 release), 5$ for Elton John, 22$ for sealed Richard D. James (2012 release)

cool dudes:

Even the red edition?

I think the red vinyl is already sold out, but the black one is still in stock.

I ordered a red vinyl but haven't gotten it yet. Wondering if anyone else has though

>selling an album because of what the meanie artist did

lmao

After David Bowie died I sold some scratched up G+/VG-- Bowie records for like 200% of their retail value. Gotta get in while the market is hot

*Holiday in Cambodia

bump

Picked this up the day it came out. Probably going to be in my top 10 favourite albums this year.

This and a bunch of mid-early 00's progressive house singles.

Lucky. Have a feeling the price for this is going to skyrocket.

I like it

Fuck yeah Marty Robbins!

Fantastic Planet soundtrack? I don't remember it having that cover.

It's a new reissue

lp60s are shit desu senpai

I bought a pro ject debut carbon from some dickweed on ebay and it showed up with this enormous crack and no counterweight

Did you get it cheap? The counterweight can be picked up for cheap on needledoctor or Amazon. I'd still try to get money back, fuck that guy.

here's mine. i was lucky enough to grab STFDC when it went up for sale, it sold out in fifteen minutes i shit you not.

not pictured are
>mondo over the garden wall ost
>the caretaker's newest record, blue wax
>badbadnotgood promo floppydisk single

Here's my last two, also pre-ordered the new Ichiko Aoba. So fucking excited. First of her albums to be on vinyl and the cover's cool too.

Got my copy yesterday. Shipped in like two days. Got no explanation as for why it got delayed for two months, but it looks fantastic.
Can't play it at the moment due to moving.

which color vinyl is Ape of Naples?

It's the regular black version. Didn't feel like paying extra for the red version t b h, plus I was a bit strapped for cash.

bump

dank pickups
all cool stuff. do you live in australia to have to pay that much? the shipping's a real cunt.

So what would be cooler, spirit on 2009 vinyl or on original press cd?

has he released anything else on vinyl? i like his stuff a lot.

The Caretaker is reissuing An Empty Bliss Beyond This World on october, I can't wait

Sorry for the shitty image quality

people are still buying ITAOTS